Monica: There.
好了。
Rachel: That looks okay, right?
現在看起來還行,對吧?
Phoebe: You went a bit wide on the lipstick.
你脣膏塗的太厚了。
Rachel: Oh, I did?
是嗎?
Phoebe: Yeah.
是的。
Rachel: See, it's hard for me to tell. I think my eye's closing up.
你看,我的眼睛腫得快睜不開了,所以沒看出來。
Monica: let me get it for you.
我來幫你弄吧。
Rachel: Ow.
喔!
Monica: okay, you know what? It looks fine.
算了,就這樣吧,看起來挺好的。
Rachel: Okay, here we go, screw Paolo, screw the psycho cab lady, it's New Year's eve, let us have a good time.
好吧,我們開始吧,去他的保羅,去他的計程車瘋女人,這是跨年之夜,我們要過得開心些。
Monica: yes.
對。
Rachel: Okay, here we go.
我們走吧。
Monica: All right, there you go, this way, come on, here you go.
好,來,是這邊,我們走,去吧。
Sandy: You know, when I saw you at the store last week, it was probably the first time I ever mentally undressed an elf.
我上週在商場看見你時,那或許是我第一次想像出裸體的小精靈了。
Joey: Wow, that's dirty.
真是色♥色的。
Sandy: Yeah.
是啊。
Joey: Hey, kids.
嗨,孩子們。
Ross: Look at him. I'm not saying he has to spend the whole evening with me, but at least check in.
你看看它,我沒說他得整晚和我待在一起,但至少也得來問候一聲啊。
Janice: There you are! You got away from me.
原來你在這啊!你從我身邊逃跑了。
Chandler: But you found me. Here, Ross, take our picture. Smile! You're on Janice Camera.Kill me. Kill me now.
但又被你逮到了。羅斯,幫我們照一張,笑一個,你要被存在詹妮絲的相機裏了。殺了我吧,快殺了我。
Rachel: Hi, I'm Rachel. So whose...whose friend are you? Look at me, spilling everywhere.
你好,我叫瑞秋。你是哪位朋友帶來的? 你瞧瞧我,灑的到處都是。
Monica: Everybody, it's Fun Bobby!
各位,搞笑巴比來了!
All: Hey, Bobby!
嗨,巴比!
Fun Bobby: Hey, sorry I'm late. But my grandfather...died about two hours ago. But I...I...I couldn't get a flight out till tomorrow, so here I am.
抱歉,我來晚了。我祖父他...他在兩小時前過世了,明天才有回去的航班,所以我就來這了。
Joey: Hey, Fun Bobby! How's it going, man? Whoa! Who died?
嗨!搞笑巴比,近來可好? 哇,誰死了嗎?
Fun Bobby: It's gonna be an open casket, you know? So at least I'll get to see him again.
棺材會敞着,所以我至少可以見他最後一面。
Monica: Bobby? Fun Bobby? Let me talk to you for just a sec.I recently lost a grandparent myself...so I really know exactly how you feel. But you're really bringing the party down.
巴比?搞笑巴比? 跟你說點事兒。我祖母前不久也去世了…所以我很能體會你現在的感受。但是你真把聚會的氣氛弄得很糟。
Fun Bobby: I'm sorry. Monica: Yeah, yeah, okay. There you go. There you go.
對不起。 好了,你看,這就行了。
Janice: I'm gonna blow this one up and write " Reunited " in glitter.
註釋:glitter:閃爍,燦爛的光輝,(表面的)誘惑力,吸引力。
我要把他吹起來,然後用閃字在上面寫着'破鏡重圓'幾個字。
Chandler: All right, Janice, that's it! Janice. Janice. Hey, Janice, when I invited you this party, I didn't necessarily think it meant...
珍妮絲,夠了,珍妮絲…珍妮絲…珍妮絲啊,我邀你來並不代表我們…
Janice: Oh, no!
哦,不!
Chandler: I'm sorry you misunderstood.
對不起,讓你誤會了。
Janice: Oh my God! You listen to me! You listen to me! One of these times, it's just gonna be your last chance with me!
天啊,你聽我說,我告訴你! 這是你我最後一次共處了。
Chandler: Oh, will you give me the thing?
把那東西給我!
Phoebe: Hi, Max.
你好,馬克斯。
Max: Yoko.
註釋:Yoko:洋子。Max的意思是說因爲Phoebe的出現令David放棄去Minsk,令他和David這對研究搭檔要分道揚鑣,就像YOKO(小野洋子)一樣。PS:要了解披頭士The Beatles的解散風波,才能看懂這裏。
你好,洋子。
Max: I've decided to go to Minsk without you.
我決定自己去明斯克了。
David: Wow.
是嗎。
Max: It won't be the same...but it will still be Minsk. Happy New Year.
少了你會不太一樣,但明斯克還是明斯克,新年快樂。
Phoebe: Are you all right?
你還好吧?
David: Yeah, l'm fine. I'm fine.
沒事,我沒事。
Phoebe: Come on.You're going to Minsk.
跟我來。你去明克斯吧。
David: No, I'm not going to Minsk.
不,我不去明斯克。
Phoebe: Oh, you are so going to Minsk. You belong in Minsk. You can't stay here just ‘cause of me.
你一定要去明斯克,你屬於那個地方,你不能只因爲我而留下來。
David: Oh, yes I can because If I go, I have to break up with you. And I can't break up with you.
哦,不,我可以,因爲如果我走了,就必須與你分手,我不能沒有你。
Phoebe: Oh, yes, yes, yes, you can. Just say, 'Phoebe, I love you, but my work is my life. That's what I have to do right now. '
不不,你可以的,只需要說,'菲比,我愛你, 但是我的工作就是我的生命,這是我必須做的'。
Phoebe: And I say, 'Your work? you work? How can you say that? 'And then you say, 'It's tearing me apart. But I have no choice. Can't you understand that? '.And I say, 'No! No! I can't understand that! '
然後我會說,'你的工作?就知道你的工作,你怎麼能這樣?'。接着你說,'我也很痛苦,但我別無選擇。 你難道不理解我嗎?'我說,'是的! 我不理解!'
David: Uh, ow.
額,疼。
Phoebe: Sorry.
對不起。
Phoebe: And then you put your arms around me.Then you put your arms around me.
然後你抱住我。這時候你抱住我。
David: Oh, sorry.
哦,不好意思。
Phoebe: And...and then you tell me you love me and you'll never forget me.
然後你說你愛我,你永遠不會忘了我。
David: I'll never forget you.
我絕不會忘了你。
Phoebe: And then you say that it’s almost midnight and you have to go because you don't wanna start the new year with me if you can't finish it. I'm gonna miss you, you scientist guy.
你又說現在已接近午夜,你必須走了,因爲既然不能陪我度過新的一年,就不要有開始。我會想你的,科學家。
TV: Hi, This is Dick Clark in Times Square. We're in a virtual snowstorm of confetti here in Times Square. It gets bigger and better every year....
註釋:confetti:(婚禮時撒在新娘新郎身上的) 五彩紙屑。
我是迪克·克拉克,在時代廣場爲你做實況報導,這兒的五彩紙片漫天飄舞,一年比一年喜慶。
Joey: Here you go, kids.
好好睡吧,孩子。
Chandler: And then the peacock bit me. Please kiss me at midnight!
然後那孔雀就咬了我...求你在午夜親我好嗎?
Joey: You seen Sandy?
看見桑迪沒?
Chandler: I don't know how to tell you this...but she's in Monica's bedroom getting it on with Max, that scientist geek.Cool, look at that, I did know how to tell you.
我不知該怎麼跟你說,她和那個科學家書呆子馬克斯在摩妮卡的房裏廝混。不錯,你看我還是說了。
Rachel: Hey, everybody, the ball is dropping.
各位,大球要掉下來了。
All: What?
什麼?
Rachel: The ball is dropping!
大球要掉下來了!
TV: In 20 seconds, it'll be midnight.
再過20秒鐘就是午夜了。
Chandler: And the moment of joy is upon us.
歡樂的時刻即將到來。
Joey: Looks like that no-date pact thing worked out.
看起來沒有約會的約定到底奏效了啊。
Phoebe: Everybody looks so happy. I hate that!
大家好像都很開心,我討厭這樣。
Monica: Not everybody is happy. Hey, Bobby!
不是所有人都開心,嘿,巴比!
All: four, three, two...one! Happy New Year!
5...4…3…2…1!新年快樂!
Chandler: You know I thought I'd throw this out here. I'm no math whiz, but I do believe there are three girls and three guys right here.
註釋:whiz:能手,專家。
我這麼說好了,我雖然不是數學大師,但我知道這兒有三男三女。
Phoebe: I don't feel like kissing anyone tonight.
今晚我不想親任何人。
Rachel: I can't kiss anyone.
我無法親任何人。
Monica: So, I'm kissing everyone?
那我就該親所有人?
Joey: No, no, you can't kiss Ross. That's your brother.
不,你不能親羅斯,他是你哥。
Ross: Perfect, perfect, so now everybody's getting kissed but me.
這可真好,除了我,大家都有的親。
Chandler: Alright, somebody kiss me. Somebody kiss me! It's midnight! Somebody kiss me! Somebody kiss me! It's midnight!
好吧,來個人親我!來個人親我!現在可是午夜啊!誰來親我!
Joey: All right! All right! There!
好吧,來吧,來吧!
Ross: I wanted this to work so much. I'm still in there. Changing his diapers. Picking his fleas. But he's just phoning it in. It's just so hard to accept the fact that something you love so much doesn't love you back, you know.
註釋:phone in:理所當然的接受。
我真希望我們能合得來,我還在替它換尿布,替它抓跳蚤。但它覺得理所當然。深愛某人卻得不到回報,這種感覺真難過,你知道嗎。
Rachel: I think that bitch cracked my tooth.
我覺得那個賤♥人弄斷了我的牙。