老友记 第一季 第三集
FriendsS01E03
Part1
April 3, 2019, 3:40 p.m.

Friends Episode 3 Season 1: The one with the thumb.


老友記第1季第3集:飛來橫財。

Phoebe: Hi guys!
大家好!
All: Hey, Pheebs! Hi!
嗨,Pheebs!
Ross: Hey. Oh, oh, how'd it go?
嗨,噢,(約會)怎麼樣?
Phoebe: Um, not so good.
不是很好。
Phoebe: He walked me to the subway and said “We should do this again!'”
他送我到地鐵,說:"我們應該再這樣做。"
All: Oh. Ouch.
噢。哎呦。
Rachel: What? He said “we should do it again”, that's good, right?
什麼?他說,“我們應該再這樣做”,那是好兆頭,不是嗎?
Monica: Uh, no. Loosely translated “We should do this again” means “You will never see me naked”.
喔,不,“我們應該再這樣做”泛泛地講意思是“你沒機會看到我的裸體了”。
Rachel: Since when?
從什麼時候開始的?
Joey: Since always. It's like dating language. You know, like “It's not you'” means “It is you”.
一直都是這樣。這像是一種約會用語。比如,“問題不是出在你”意思是“就是你”。
Chandler: Or “You're such a nice guy” means I'm gonna be dating leather wearing alcoholics and complaining about them to you."
leather: 皮革。
alcoholic: 酗酒者。
或者“你真是個好人”意思是說我要和穿着皮革的酒鬼約會再向你抱怨。
Phoebe: Or, or, you know, um, “I think we should see other people” means “Ha, ha, I already am”.
或者,或者,你知道,呃,"我想我們應該約約其他人"意思是"哈哈,我已經在約其他人了"。
Rachel: And everybody knows this?
你們大家都知道這些?
Joey: Yeah. Cushions the blow.
cushions the blow: 委婉的說辭,善意的謊言(以免說話過於直白,而傷害到他人)。
對,委婉的說辭。
Chandler: Yes, it's like when you're a kid, and your parents put your dog to sleep, and they tell you it went off to live on some farm.
沒錯,就像你小時候,你的父母將狗進行了安樂死,他們會告訴你把它送去了某個農場。
Ross: That's funny, that, no, because, uh, our parents actually did, uh, send our dog off to live on a farm.
真有意思,不過我們爸媽是真的…… 把我們的狗送去農場了。
Monica: Uh, Ross.
嗯,羅斯。
Ross: What? Wh hello? The Millners' farm in Connecticut? The Millners, they had this unbelievable farm, they had horses, and, and rabbits that he could chase and it was it w.....
什麼?怎麼了?康涅狄格州的米勒家農場?米勒家農場,他們有個不可思議的農場,他們有馬還有它可供追逐的兔子…
Ross: Oh, my God! ChiChi!
噢,我的天,奇奇!
Chandler: "So how does it feel knowing you're about to die?"
知道自己不久於人世有何感受?
Joey: "Warden, in five minutes my pain will be over. But you'll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an honest man to die."
沃登,我的痛苦將在五分鐘內消除而你會因葬送一個誠實的人而痛苦一生。
Chandler: Hey, that was really good!
表演得真好。
Joey: Yeah?
是嗎?
Joey: Thanks! Let's keep going.
謝了,咱們繼續吧。
Chandler: Okay. "So. What do you want from me, Damone, huh?"
好,你要我怎麼做,迪默,嗯?
Joey: "I just wanna go back to my cell. 'Cause in my cell, I can smoke."
我只想回到自己的牢房,因爲在牢房我可以抽菸。
Chandler: "Smoke away."
去抽吧。
Chandler: I think this is probably why Damone smokes in his cell alone.
我想這就是迪默自己一個在牢房裏抽菸的原因。
Joey: What?
什麼?
Chandler: Relax your hand. Let your wrist go.
wrist: 手腕。
你把手放輕鬆!手腕自然點。
Chandler: Not so much!
別太過火!
Joey: Whoah!
唔!
Chandler: Hey!
嗨!
Joey: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: Alright, now try taking a puff.
puff: 一陣噴煙,take a puff是指(抽菸)吸進去。
好的,現在吸一口。
Chandler: Alright...okay. No. Give it to me.
好了,不是這樣。把煙給我。
Joey: No no no, I am not giving you a cigarette.
不,不行。我不能給你煙。
Chandler: It's fine, it's fine. Look, do you wanna get this part, or not? Here. Alright, Now, Don't think of it as a cigarette.
好吧,好吧。我無所謂了。你想不想得到這個角色?給我吧。看着,別把它當成香菸。
Chandler: Think of it as the thing that's been missing from your hand.
把它當成是從你手中遺失的東西。
Chandler: When you're holding it, you feel right. You feel complete.
當你夾着它,你感覺很好,你感到圓滿。
Joey: You miss it?
你很想它?
Chandler: Nah, not so much.
不,不是很想。
Chandler: Alright, now we smoke. Oh...my...God.
好吧,現在吸菸。噢,我的天呀!
Joey: Chandler give me that!
錢德勒,把它給我。
Chandler: No no no. You've got options. You can smoke like this.
不,你有幾種選擇。你可以像這樣抽菸。
Joey: Chandler!
錢德勒!
Chandler: Or you can hold it in your mouth and smoke like this.
或者只是把它叼在嘴裏這樣抽。
Joey: Chandler give me the cigarette! Give me, give me.
錢德勒把煙給我,給我,給我。
Chandler: uh, you try it.
你來試試。
Joey: thank you.
謝謝。
Joey: Okay, how's this?
這樣怎麼樣?
Chandler: Okay, that's not bad.
還不壞。
Chandler: All right, now when you are finished, It's really cool if you flick it. You kinda flick it. You flick it...
好的,當你結束的時候,彈掉它會顯得很酷,你就彈一彈。
Chandler: That's good, all right, you keep practicing...and I will go put out the sofa.
就這樣,你繼續練習,我去撲滅着火的沙發。
Chandler: I thought it had to do with the size of the guy's feet.
我認爲它和這個人腳的大小有關。
Monica: No, no, no. They say it's the same as the distance from the tip of a guy's thumb to the tip of his index finger.
thumb: 大拇指。
index finger: 食指。
不、不、不,他們說長度和男人的拇指尖到到食指尖距離一樣。
Joey: That's ridiculous!
這太荒謬了。
Ross: Can I use...either thumb?
可以用另一隻手的拇指嗎?
Chandler: I'd rather go with the foot theory.
我寧可相信腳長理論。
Rachel: Alright, don't tell me, don't tell me!
來了,別告訴我,別告訴我!
Rachel: Decaf cappuccino for Joey...Coffee black...Latte...And an iced tea.
無咖啡♥因卡布其諾是喬依的,黑咖啡...拿鐵和冰茶
Rachel: I'm getting pretty good at this!
我做得越來越好了。
All: Yeah. Yeah, excellent.
對,對,真棒。
Rachel: Good for me!
我真行!
Joey: You okay, Phoebe?
菲此,你沒事吧?
Phoebe: Yeah… no… I'm just…it's, I haven't worked… It's my bank.
還好,不,我只是,我真想不通。。。都是我的銀行。
Monica: What did they do to you?
他們對你怎麼了?
Phoebe: It's nothing, it's just… Okay. I'm going through my mail, and I open up their monthly, you know, STATEMENT.
沒什麼,只是,好吧。我瀏覽我的信件時,打開他們寄給我的每月,你懂得,賬單。
Ross: Easy.
別激動。
Phoebe: And there's five hundred extra dollars in my account.
然後我戶頭上多出了500美元。
Chandler: Oh, Satan's minions at work again...
撒旦的鬼僕又開始活躍了。
Phoebe: Yes, 'cause now I have to go down there, and deal with t hem.
沒錯,所以現在我得去銀行,找他們處理。
Joey: What are you talking about? Keep it!
你在說什麼啊?拿着就得了。
Phoebe: It's not mine. I didn't earn it. If I kept it, it would be like stealing.
這些錢不是我的,不是我賺來的,如果我留着,那就像是偷來的。
Rachel: Yeah, but if you spent it, it would be like shopping!
對,但如果你花它,那就跟購物一樣了!
Phoebe: Okay. Okay, let's say I bought a really great pair of shoes. Do you know what I'd hear, with every step I took? “Not mine. Not mine. Not mine.”
好吧,好吧。比方說我買了雙很棒的鞋。隨着我踏出的每一步,你知道我會聽到什麼嗎?“不是我的。不是我的。不是我的。”
Phoebe: Even if I was happy and skipping, I'd hear: “Not not mine. Not not mine.”
即使我很快樂邊走邊跳,都會聽到“不是我的,不是我的”。
Monica: We're with you. We got it.
我們支持你。我們理解了。
Phoebe: Okay. I'd just I'd never be able to enjoy it. It would be like this giant karmic debt.
karmic:命運的,因果報應的。
嗯,我只是永遠無法安心享用它,它就像是一個巨大的罪孽。
Rachel: Chandler, what are you doing?
錢德勒,你在幹什麼?
Monica: Hey. What are you doing?
嗨,你在幹什麼?
All: Oh! Oh, gross!
噢,噢,真噁心!
Ross: What is this? !
這是什麼?
Chandler: I'm smoking. I'm smoking, I'm smoking.
我在抽菸。我在抽菸。我在抽菸。
Phoebe: Oh, I can't believe you! You've been so good, for three years!
真不敢相信,你三年來一直表現很好。
Chandler: And this is my reward!
所以,這是我的獎勵!
Ross: Hold on a second, alright? Just think about what you went through the last time you quit. No, you know what, forget about you, think about what we went through last time you quit.
等等,好嗎?好好想想你上次戒菸後是怎麼熬過來的。不,不說你了,至少想想上次你戒菸的時候我們是怎麼熬過來的。
Chandler: Okay, so this time I won't quit!
所以,這次我不再戒了!
All: Ohhh! Put it out!
熄掉!
Chandler: All right! I'm putting it out, I'm putting it out.
好吧,我熄掉,我熄掉。
Phoebe: Oh, no! I...I can't drink this now!
噢,不!我,我現在喝不成了!
Monica: Alright. I'm gonna go change, I've got a date.
好了,我要去換身衣服,有個約會。
Rachel: This Alan again? How's it going?
又是亞倫?進展得如何?
Monica: It's going pretty good, you know? It's nice, and, we're having fun.
一切順利。很不錯,我們在一起很開心。
Joey: So when do we get to meet the guy?
那什麼時候帶回來讓我們認識認識?
Ross: Yeah.
是啊。
Monica: Let's see, today's Monday...Never.
我想想,今天星期一…… 永遠不。
All: Oh, come on! Come on!
哦,拜託!不要這樣嘛!

老友記.本章節註釋


thumb: 大拇指。
leather: 皮革。
alcoholic: 酗酒者。
cushions the blow: 委婉的說辭,善意的謊言(以免說話過於直白,而傷害到他人)。
wrist: 手腕。
puff: 一陣噴煙,take a puff是指(抽菸)吸進去。
index finger: 食指。
karmic:命運的,因果報應的。



© 2019, 中英文臺詞站  聯繫我們