陛下
Your Majesty.
爸爸 你的早餐準備好了
Papa, we've made you breakfast.
只是弗朗索瓦太小了 拿不住托盤
Only Francoise is too little to carry the tray,
只好叫菲利普來幫把手
so we have Philippe to help.
沒錯 叔父 我最強壯了
Yes, Uncle. I am the strongest.
我可以拿動
I could carry it.
-夫人 -陛下早安
-My queen. -Good morning, Majesty.
衆所周知 即將到來的五月份
Be it known that we intend to hold court
我們在將會在凡爾賽宮
at the Palace of Versailles
臨朝聽政
within the coming month of May.
鼓掌
Clap.
看出來 及時做出正確的反應的重要性了嗎
Do you see how important it is to elicit the appropriate response?
是的
Yes.
在這個美好吉祥的時節
To this auspicious end,
人性的最美之處
the finest examples of humanity
將會在永恆壯麗的凡爾賽宮
shall embody the true glory of France
將法國的榮耀展現得熠熠生輝
in a palace of eternal and resounding splendor.
記下來
Take note.
人♥民♥崇尚你的口才
Your eloquence they must love,
人♥民♥敬畏你的風度
your demeanor they must fear.
我還下令
I have further commanded
叫法國最頂級的大♥師♥
that the greatest masters of France will realize this vision
來打造這世間無二的
unparalleled in the history of the world
精緻園林
in gardens of exquisite
和極美景緻
and matchless beauty.
天堂
Heaven
就應是這裏的樣子
shall be here.
主人 天要黑了
The light is fading, master.
點火
Torches!
夫人
Madame?
是那個嗎
Is it?
明天十一點起 爲期一週
A week tomorrow at 11:00.
別忘了這裙子很長
Don't forget about the length.
要是踩到了 就會從腰部撕開
If you stand on the hem, you'll rip it at the waist.
這裏勒得有點緊
It's pinching me here.
謝謝
Thank you.
勒·諾特爾大♥師♥
Master Le Notre,
很高興認識您
I am delighted to make your acquaintance.
我一直很仰慕您的作品
I've long been an admirer of your work.
勒·諾特爾
Le Notre?
要我評價的話 實在高明
Too clever by half, if you ask me.
遠超出他父輩的名氣
And riding on his father's name.
我應徵的策略就是模仿
The strategy I employ is to imitate.
王室喜歡聽好話
They cannot resist flattery.
權貴之人只愛慕虛榮
'Tis all vanity to these bigwigs.
當然如果想加入必須有絕技
Of course, once you're in, you must have the talent.
談到虛榮心
Speaking of vanity,
紳士們 這頂帽子真不錯
there's a hat, now, gentlemen.
那人是誰
Who is this person?
是鮑勞夫人
That's Madame de Barra.
真是美呆了
I'm astounded by that.
這是莫夫先生的規劃圖
Monsieur Mauve's plans.
克勞德 還有多少人競選
How many more candidates, Claude?
這個之後還有三個 先生 但是快了
Three more, monsieur, after this one, but the end is in sight.
或許無聊 或許失禮 我的觀點很明確
Dullness or disrespect, that is my apparent choice.
要不是國王要求的面♥積♥太大
If the king's demands were not so vast,
我就親自參與園林的修建了
I would build the gardens myself.
大♥師♥ 說的沒錯
Indeed, master.
那現在...
And in the meantime...
莫夫先生
Monsieur Mauve.
鮑勞夫人
Madame de Barra.
杜拉斯先生
Monsieur Duras.
-新做的大衣 -賤內的主意
-That a new coat? -The wife's idea.
週二舊衣服上濺上了泥點
Be covered in mud by Tuesday,
但是她覺得我們會成功
but by then she thinks we'll have this job,
所以即便花了不少錢 這件衣服也是值的
so the coat will have been a worthwhile extravagance.
聽來合乎情理
Sound reasoning.
先生們 還未有幸相識
Gentlemen, I've not had the pleasure.
這是讓·里斯和丹尼爾·勒·維耶勒
Jean Risse and Daniel Le Vielle,
這位是薩賓·鮑勞夫人
Madame Sabine de Barra.
你們都是來面試的嗎
You're all here for the interview?
沒錯 你呢
We are, and you?
彼此彼此
The same.
夫人 在巴黎待了多久
Been in Paris long, madame?
兩年
Two years.
之前做過誰的項目嗎
And you've worked for someone before that?
我認識省內所有的承包商
I know all the contractors in the provinces.
所有的都是男人
All the gentlemen, that is.
先生 我沒爲什麼人做過項目
There is no gentleman, monsieur.
都是獨自完成
I work for myself.
我們都是參加這次面試的嗎
We all to be interviewed at this time?
我們來得比較早
We're here early
偷偷觀察了一下其他參與者
to spy out the other candidates.
-我已經從裏面出來了 -你聊得怎麼樣
-I've been in already. -Oh, how did you fare?
聊了將近一個小時
Spent upwards of an hour with him.
聊到了工程細節 走着瞧吧
Very detailed examination of the work, so, you know, we shall see.
他一定對你印象深刻
You must have impressed him.
我爲他的父親工作過
I worked for his father.
我不無希望
I'm not disheartened.
他看上去也蠻有希望的
He seems not disheartened, too.
鮑勞夫人
Madame de Barra.
先生們 失陪
Well, gentlemen.
祝你好運
Best of fates to you.
夫人 我是克勞德·穆蘭
Claude Moulin, madame.
是勒·諾特爾大♥師♥的助理
Secretary to Master Le Notre.
您之前與大♥師♥見過面嗎
Have you met the master before?
沒有
I have not.
夫人
Madame.
先生
Sir.
很高興結識您
I'm delighted to make your acquaintance.
一直以來 我都很仰慕您的作品
I have long been an admirer of your work.
我很高興來參加...
I am so pleased to attend...
夫人 這是你的規劃圖嗎
These are your plans, madame?
有些已經在市郊建成了
Yes. Some are to be seen around the country.
有些仍在施工中
Others are still in progress,
還未完成
not yet completed.
然而 根據要求按您的指示 準備了兩套規劃圖紙
However, as required, there are two sets of plans to your instructions.
第五套和第六套
The fifth and sixth, I believe.
沒準被壓在下面了...
Perhaps at the bottom...
我已經仔細看過了
I have examined them.
那...
Ah. So...
夫人 我能問你一個問題嗎
May I ask you a question, madame?
大♥師♥ 隨意問
By all means, master.
你遵循設計的秩序嗎
Are you a believer in order?
-秩序 -景觀設計的秩序
-Order? -Order over landscape?
非常遵循
Well, I admire it.
這些平面上看不出秩序的痕跡
Looking at these plans, there seems to be no trace.
我不贊成
I would not agree.
我認爲六的模數
I think there is pattern enough
可以完完全全表現出一種模式...
in number six to suggest absolutely...
你遵循景觀設計的秩序嗎
Do you believe in order over landscape?
秩序 貌似需要回顧羅馬或文藝復興時期
Order seems to demand that we look back to Rome or to the Renaissance.
我的意思是
What I'm saying is, surely,
目前 就沒有法國人自己獨創的
isn't there something uniquely French
大家都推崇的形式嗎
as yet not celebrated by us?
要想做到也需要遵循秩序
Which needs the rules of order to attain it.
我所有的作品
All of my work
都基於你所不贊同的原則
is based on a principle you choose to deny.
我懷疑
I wonder that you tender yourself
你來申請和我合作
for a position with someone you believe