This is the universe.
這就是宇宙
Big, isn't it?
廣闊無垠,不是嗎?
Thousands of suns, myriads of stars,
數以千萬計的羣星
separated by immense distances
被極大的間距
and by thin, floating clouds of gas.
和稀薄、 漂浮着的氣體雲所分隔…
The starlight makes the gas transparent,
星光使它顯得透明…
and where there are no stars,
在沒有星星的地方
it appears as dark, obscuring clouds,
是昏暗、模糊的星雲…
like that great black cone over there.
…就像那個巨大黑色錐體
Hello. There's a nova.
嘿 那裏有一顆超新星
A whole solar system exploded.
一整個星系爆♥炸♥了…
Someone must have been messing about with the uranium atom.
肯定有人對鈾原子動了手腳
No, it's not our solar system, I'm glad to say.
不,我很高興地說,這不是我們的太陽系
Ah, those are called a globular cluster of stars.
哈,那些就是被稱作球形星團的,
Rather fine.
相當不錯
Down here in the right-hand corner,
在這裏,右手邊…
see that little chap rather like a Boy Scout's badge?
…看到那個像童子軍徽章的小東西了嗎?
It's a mass of gas expanding at thousands of cubic miles a minute.
那是一團以每分鐘數千立方英里 的速度擴散的氣體
Ah, here we are. We're getting near a home.
啊,我們到了,離我們的家園更近的…
The moon, our moon, in the first quarter.
月球,我們的月球… 處於第一個季節中
And here's the Earth, our Earth,
然後是地球,我們的地球…
moving around in its place,
在它的位置上旋轉着…
part of the pattern, part of the universe.
是這種模式的、宇宙的一部分
Reassuring, isn't it?
令人安心,不是麼?
It's night over Europe, the night of the 2nd of May, 1945.
這是歐洲的夜晚 1945年5月2日的夜晚
That point of fire is a burning city.
那個發出火光的點是一個正在燃燒的城市
It had a thousand-bomber raid an hour ago.
一小時前它遭受了千架轟炸機的空襲
And here, rolling in over the Atlantic, is a real English fog.
而這裏,滾滾而來,橫跨大西洋的… 是一場“真正的”英國式大霧
I hope all our aircraft got home safely.
希望我們所有的飛行器能夠平安抵達
Even the big ships sound frightened.
連大船也發出驚恐之聲 (摩爾斯電碼聲)
Listen to all the noises in the air.
聽,空氣中的這些聲音…
This was their finest hour.
"他們最光輝的時刻…"
Listen.
聽…
Listen.
聽…
Request your position. Request your position.
"請求你的方位"
Come in, Lancaster. Come in, Lancaster.
"請回答, Lancaster. 請回答, Lancaster"
Position nil. Repeat nil. Age 27, 27.
"方位無顯示 重複, 無顯示 27歲"
Did you get that? That's very important.
"聽到了嗎?這非常重要"
Education interrupted, violently interrupted.
"教育程度:中斷——粗暴地中斷了
Religion, Church of England.
"宗教信仰:英格蘭教會"
Politics, Conservative by nature, Labour by experience.
"政♥治♥立場:本質來說是保守黨,按個人經歷來說是工黨"
What's your name?
"你叫什麼名字?"
I cannot read you, cannot read you.
我聽不到你 聽不到你
Request your position. Can you see our signals?
請求你的方位,你能看到我們的信♥號♥♥嗎?
"Oh, give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
"給我一枚朝聖者的徽章
my staff of faith to walk upon,
他是我信仰的昭彰…
my scrip of joy, immortal diet, my bottle of salvation,
我袋中裝滿歡樂,永生的食糧,救世的瓊漿…
my gown of glory, hope's true gage,
身穿教士的長袍我無比榮光,希望是我真正的力量
and thus I'll take my pilgrimage."
讓我踏上朝聖的路茫茫"
Sir Walter Raleigh wrote that.
沃爾特·雷利爵士的作品
I'd rather have written that than flown through Hitler's legs.
我希望在死前寫下的是這樣的詩句,而不是僅僅讓屍首在希♥特♥勒♥的腳邊流過…
I cannot understand you.
我聽不懂
Hello, Lancaster.
喂, Lancaster
We are sending signals. Can you see our signals?
我們正在發出信♥號♥♥ 你能看到我們的信♥號♥♥嗎?
Come in, Lancaster. Come in, Lancaster.
請回答, Lancaster 請回答, Lancaster
"But at my back I always hear
"但,在我身後,我總能
time's winged chariot hurrying near,
聽到時間臨近,如飛翔着的馬車飛馳而來"
and yonder all before us lie deserts of vast eternity."
"而縱橫在我們眼前的,是永恆的無垠荒野"
Andy Marvell, what a marvel. What's your name?
安迪·馬維爾,真令人驚歎! 你叫什麼名字?
Are you receiving me? Repeat, are you receiving me?
收到了嗎?重複,你收到了嗎?
Request your position. Come in, Lancaster.
請求你的方位 請回答, Lancaster.
You seem like a nice girl. I can't give you my position.
我無法給你我的方位
Instrument's gone. Crew gone too.
機器壞了,機組人員也不在了
All except Bob here, my sparks, he's dead.
除了Bob,我的無線電通訊員,他死了
The rest all bailed out on my orders. Time out 3:35. You get that?
剩下的人都按我的命令跳傘逃生了 時間是3點35分,收到了嗎?
Crew bailed out 03:35.
機組人員在3點35分跳傘
Station Warrenden, bomber group "A," "G" for George.
"站點名- Warrenden. 轟炸機羣- A, G."
Send them a signal. Got that?
站點名- Warrenden.
Station Warrenden, bomber group "A," apple, "G," George.
轟炸機羣- Apple的A,George的G
They'll be sorry about Bob. We all liked him.
他們會爲Bob難過的 我們喜歡他
Hello, "G," George. Hello, "G," George. Are you all right?
喂, G George. 喂, G George. 你還好嗎?
Are you going to try and land? Do you want a fix?
你打算嘗試降落嗎?你需要修理嗎?
The name's not "G," George. It's "P," Peter.
我的名字不是G,George, 是P,Peter
Peter D. Carter. "D" is for David.
Peter D Carter,D是David的縮寫
Squadron Leader Peter Carter. No, I'm not going to land.
少校Peter Carter. 我不打算降落
Undercarriage is gone, inner port's on fire.
起落架已經不見了,內側左舷着火
I'm bailing out presently. I'm bailing out.
我準備跳傘,我準備跳傘
Take a telegram. Got your message.
寫一封電報 收到
Received your message. We can hear you.
我們能聽到你
Telegram to my mother.
"致母親的電報,"
Mrs. Michael Carter, 88 Hampstead Lane, London Northwest.
"Michael Carter夫人, Hampstead大街88號♥, 倫敦西北部 "
88 Hampstead Lane, London.
Hampstead大街88號♥, 倫敦
Tell her that I love her.
告訴她我愛她
You'll have to write this for me, but what I want her to know is
你一定要寫上這個,我想讓她知道
that I love her very much,
我非常地愛她
that I've never shown it to her, not really,
我從沒向她表露過,從沒…
but that I've loved her always, right up to the end.
但我一直深愛着她,直到最後
Give my love to my two sisters too. Don't forget them.
也向我的兩個妹妹致以我的愛,別忘了她們
Received your message. We can hear you.
收到,我們能聽見
Are you wounded? Repeat, are you wounded? Are you bailing out?
你受傷了嗎?重複,你受傷了嗎?你要跳傘嗎?
What's your name? June.
你叫什麼名字? June.
Yes, June, I'm bailing out. I'm bailing out, but there's a catch.
對,我正要跳傘,但有個麻煩
I've got no parachute. Uh ‒
我沒有降落傘
Hello. Hello, Peter. Do not understand.
喂-喂?喂, Peter, 沒有理解你的意思
Hello. Hello, Peter. Can you hear me?
喂?喂, Peter, 能聽到嗎?
Hello, June. Don't be afraid. It's quite simple.
嗨, June, 別害怕 現在的局面很簡單
We've had it, and I'd rather jump than fry.
我們已經完蛋了,而且比起烤熟,我寧願跳下去
After the first thousand feet, what's the difference?
在第一個一千英尺過後
I shan't know anything anyway.
我就會什麼也不知道了
I say, I hope I haven't frightened you.
我說…希望沒嚇到你吧
No, I'm not frightened. Good girl.
不,我不害怕 好女孩!
Your sparks ‒ You said he was dead. Hasn't he got a chute?
你的發報員,你說他已經死了 他沒有降落傘嗎?
Cut to ribbons. Cannon shell. June, are you pretty?
被切成條了,炮彈乾的 你漂亮嗎?
Not bad.
不差
Can you hear me as well as I hear you? Yes.
你能聽清楚嗎 能
You've got a good voice. You've got guts too.
你有好聲音,也有膽量
It's funny, I've known dozens of girls. I've been in love with some of them.
真有趣,我曾經認識不少女孩,與其中的一些戀愛…
But an American girl whom I've never seen and who I never shall see
但沒想到是一個從沒謀面,也不再可能見面的美國女孩…
will hear my last words.
聽到我的最終遺言
That's funny. It's rather sweet.
有趣,還有點甜蜜…
June, if you're around when they pick me up,
June, 如果他們打撈起我的時候你在周圍…
turn your head away.
把頭轉過去不要看
Perhaps we can do something, Peter. Let me report it.
但也許我們還能做些什麼,Peter 讓我報告一下
No, no one can help. Only you. Let me do this in my own way.
不,誰都沒用,除了你—— 讓我自己做這個決定吧
I want to be alone with you, June. Where were you born?
我想單獨和你相處,June 你出生在哪裏?
Boston. Mass?
波士頓 麻省?
Yes.
是的
That's a place to be born. History was made there.
歷史在那裏誕生
Are you in love with anybody? No. No, don't answer that.
你是否正與某人相戀?不,不要回答
I could love a man like you, Peter.
我可以愛上一個像你一樣的男人,Peter.
I love you, June. You're life, and I'm leaving you.
我愛你, June,你仍存活,而我將離你而去
Where do you live, on the station?
你住在哪裏?信♥號♥♥站嗎?
No, in a big country house about five miles from here.
不,在一個大的鄉村房♥子裏,離這大約5英里
Lee Wood House. Old house?
叫做Lee Wood House - 是老房♥子嗎?
Yes, very old.
是的,非常老
Good. I'll be a ghost and come and see you.
很好…我將變爲鬼魂將去探望你…
You're not frightened of ghosts, are you? It would be awful if you were.
你害怕鬼魂嗎?如果是的話我在那出現就太糟了
I'm not frightened. What time will you be home?
我不怕 - 你什麼時候會在家?
Well, I'm on duty till 6:00.
我在崗執勤到六點
I have breakfast in the mess and then I have to cycle half an hour.
我會慌亂地喫過早飯, 然後騎一個半小時的車…
電影精選列表