30秒倒數
Thirty seconds and counting.
電源轉換完畢
Power transfer is complete.
已經轉爲火箭內部電源
We're on internal power with the launch vehicle at this time.
倒數20秒
T minus 20 seconds and counting.
二級加壓
All the second-stage tanks now pressurised.
15秒倒數 導航準備完畢
T minus 15 seconds. Guidance is internal.
12 11 10 9
Twelve, eleven, ten, 9...
開始點火程序
Ignition sequence starts.
6 5 4 3 2 1
Six, five, four, three, two, one,
0 引擎啓動
zero. All engines running.
升空 火箭升空
Lift off! We have a lift off.
所以在1972年
And so in 1972,
宇宙神半人馬火箭從我們的星球升空
the Atlas Centaur rocket blasted off from our planet,
火箭第四級將把衛星
a four-stage rocket that launched a probe
發生到遙遠的宇宙中
way out into the blackness of space.
衛星會利用太陽能
The probe would use the energy from the sun
以及臨近星球的引力
and the gravitational pull of our neighbouring planets
穿越太陽系
to cross our solar system.
那一刻標誌着
That momentum would then carry it on
宇宙探索的新邊際
into the farthest reaches of the universe.
此次衛星的任務就是在宇宙中尋找
The mission, to find intelligent life similar to ours
與我們類似的智能生物
out there in deep space.
衛星攜帶了一個碟片 上面刻有
The probe carried a tablet which had inscribed on it
人類的形象 一男一女
the image of us humans, a man and a woman,
以及標誌着我們在宇宙中位置的地圖
and a map to locate us in the universe.
第四級分離 衛星踏上了漫長征程
Stage four disconnects and our probe is fired on its long journey.
全世界祝願它一路順風
The world wished it bon voyage
願它替我們在深空
and may it find a friend out there
找到朋友
in deep space.
魔法教師
非常感謝 謝謝 謝謝
Thank you so much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
謝謝 非常感謝
Hey! Thank you very much. Thank you.
謝謝 很高興見到你們
Thank you, nice to see you.
歡迎 女士們先生們
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen.
請允許我介紹 來自 圖書項目的尼爾·克拉克
When I interviewed Neil Clarke for The Book Programme,
我就知道他非常受歡迎
I knew he was extraordinary.
現在他最新的小說已經上市
Now, with the publication of his brilliant novel,
觀衆認爲他應該被列爲
reviewers agree he's joined the ranks
英國偉人的行列
of Britain's immortals.
女士們先生們 有請尼爾·克拉克
Ladies and gentlemen, Neil Clarke.
首先我想請問
Um, so I suppose I wanted to start off by asking you
你是如何從寫出如此精彩的 關於現代人靈魂的作品
how did you manage such amazing insight into the soul of modern man
以及你怎麼知道男人和巨人 究竟想要什麼
and how do you know what men and women really want,
還有整個人與宇宙的關係
just really the whole relationship between humanity and the cosmos?
這個 我想我也許是通過
Yeah, well, I think I probably achieved that
審視我自己的靈魂做到的 凱瑟琳
by looking into my own soul, Catherine.
我研究它的缺陷
Um, I studied its flaws,
它的潛能以及迫切的需求
its potential, its urgent needs.
我傾聽它對幫助的呼喊
I listened to its cries for help...
它焦慮的吶喊 還有 我
...and its yelps of anguish and, um, I...
我在一本書上
I spent five long years
花了5年 希望能打開 人們視野的大門
in a book which I hoped would throw open the doors of human perception
讓我們能正視自己的無能
and allow us to be engulfed in a sense of our own futility.
非常抱歉 這
Sorry about this, it's...
下去
Get off! Down!
啊
Ah!
天啊
Oh, God.
看電視去
Go watch TV.
你的狗在叫
Your dog is barking.
我的狗在叫是因爲你按門鈴了
My dog was barking because you rang the doorbell.
我按門鈴是因爲你的狗在叫
I rang the doorbell because your dog was barking.
你的租約說了不準養寵物
Your lease says no pets.
他是導盲犬
Well, he is a guide dog.
你沒盲
You're not blind.
我更喜歡說"光學挑戰"
I prefer the term "optically challenged".
你也沒有什麼"光學挑戰"
You're not optically challenged, either.
菲奧娜 你住在3樓吧 我覺得
Fiona, you live, like, three floors up. I mean, I don't...
如果你不控制好你該死的狗
If you don't control your bloody dog,
我就把它送去巴特西犬隻收♥容♥所♥ 對吧
I am going to get it sent to Battersea Dogs Home. Right?
-嗯 -好
-Hmm? -All right.
來吧 丹尼斯 咱們去清理你的內臟
Come on, Dennis, let's go and evacuate your bowels.
來 丹尼斯
Come on, Dennis.
來吧
Come on.
-嗨 尼爾 -嗨 凱瑟琳
-Hi, Neil. -Hi, Catherine.
嘿 有意思的是我剛夢到你了
Hey, it's funny, I was just dreaming about you.
真的
Really?
對 你在爲我的書給我頒獎
Yeah, you were presenting me with an award for my novel.
噢 你配得上嗎
Oh, did you deserve it?
我很驕傲但也謙虛
Well, I was proud but humble.
你真的寫完過嗎 在現實中
Have you finished it, actually, in real life?
當然 就好了
Absolutely, almost, yeah.
去年春天你還在寫
Cos last spring you were on chapter...
對 我記得 實際上那些我刪了
Yeah, I've renumbered them. In fact, I've removed them.
-噢 -沒錯
-Oh. -Yeah.
我發現章節這個概念束縛了我
I find the whole concept of chapters just gets in the way so...
對 不 我看得出來
Yeah. Yeah, no, I can see that.
我希望看這本書就像被 吸入巨大的漩渦
I want reading it to be like being sucked into a giant vortex, you know.
-就像看臉書 -像臉書 對
-Like going on Facebook. -Like Facebook, yeah.
說得好
That's a good one.
就像被吸入巨大的漩渦
"Like being sucked into a giant vortex."
丹尼斯 你爲什麼讓我 說這樣的話 嘿
Dennis, why do you let me say things like this, hey?
走吧
Come on.
嗯 嗯
Hmm. Mmm?
啊
Ah.
他們說是爲了和平而來 並沒有惡意
-別啊雷伊 就20塊 -不 我不行 尼爾
-Come on, Ray. It's only 20 quid. -No, I can't, Neil.
-但這穩賺不賠 -不
-Yeah, but it can't lose. -No.
我保證 今天下課之前
Look, I guarantee you a 50% return on your money
就還你一半
before the end of classes today.
你打算什麼時候 對樓下的頒獎美女採取行動
So when do you make your move on Miss Booker Prize downstairs, then?
噢 我不會 她有點書呆子 完全沒遠見
Oh, I don't. Turns out she's a bit literal-minded, no foresight.
而我 我能看到未來幾英里遠
Whereas me, I can see for miles into the future.
男人需要女人 尼爾
A man needs a woman, Neil.
-我有丹尼斯 -丹尼斯是男的
-I've got Dennis. -Dennis is male.
而且他是狗 你不會沒注意到吧
And he's a dog, in case you hadn't noticed.
對 可我不想讓生活變複雜
Yeah, well, I don't want to complicate my life.
這是十塊的
This is a tenner!
走
Walk!
爲啥他們總是不♥穿♥衣服展示自己
總之 我們還是得評估這個星球 他們管這個叫什麼
地球
獲取地球生物代表
Accessing representative images of earthlings.
這樣太不明智也很失禮
把他們從苦難中解救出來也算做了一件善事
我們還是得遵循正當法律程序
銀河系委員會的高等生物們正在開會呢
語言將會轉換爲接受審判的物種語言
Communication will be carried on in the language of the species to be judged.
對不起 我聽不懂
I'm sorry, I'm not understanding.
啊
Ah.
-好點了嗎 凱利 -現在聽懂了 沙倫
-Is that better, Kylie? -Understanding you now, Sharon.
以銀河高等生物委員會 賦予我的權力
By the power invested in me by the Intergalactic Council of Superior Species,
我在此宣佈對行星地球的毀滅命令
I hereby pronounce a destruction order on the planet Earth.
恕我直言 沙倫 我們不該發佈摧毀命令
With great respect, Sharon, we should not pronounce a destruction order
應該先給地球生物證明自己的機會
before we've given these earthlings a chance to prove themselves.
他們穿透了銀河空間
They've penetrated intergalactic space.
莫林說得對
Maureen is right.
很明顯他們不是高等生物
They're clearly not a superior species.
看看他們交♥配♥的方式
Look at the way they copulate.
如果這些地球生物
If these earthlings
能夠說服我們相信他們是高等生物
can convince us that they are superior beings,
那他們可以加入我們的社會
then they may join our society.
如果不行 我們就必須消滅他們
If they cannot, we must eliminate them,
爲了整個銀河社會的道德信條
for the moral well-being of the entire Intergalactic Community.
感謝你向我解釋 沙倫
Thank you for explaining it to me, Sharon.
不客氣 巴克小姐