本故事並無意指控 或見證戰爭的殘酷
也更加不是一個 英雄式的冒險歷程
因爲對那些必須和死亡 近身肉搏的人而言
那並不是一個有趣的經歷
本片的宗旨在於忠實的描述 那些生活在大時代的人們
有些人或許逃過了武器的摧殘 保全了健康的四肢
但他們的人生 心靈及世界 卻無法倖免於難
-總共有三萬人 -那些是俄♥國♥俘虜
-Thirty thousand. -From the Russians?
不 那些是法國人
No, from the French.
我們每天逮到的俄♥國♥人 遠遠超過那個數目
From the Russians we capture more than that every day.
郵差先生
Mr Postman.
打仗歸打仗 但是該做的事還是得做
War is war and schnapps is schnapps, and business must go on.
你今天早上沒來給我們送信
You didn't leave the mail yet this morning.
很抱歉 邁爾先生
Ah, I'm sorry, Mr Meyer.
哈姆斯托 今天有我們的信件嗎
Hello, Himmelstoss. Anything for us today?
-沒有 彼得 -怎麼可能 一定有
-No, no, Master Peter. -Oh, there must be something.
別鬧了 小夥子
Here, here you go, young rascal.
拿去吧 這也是我郵差生涯的句點
There. This is the last mail I deliver anyhow.
-什麼 -明天我就要換穿別的制♥服♥了
-What? -Tomorrow I change uniforms.
-你也要上戰場了嗎 -是的 我已經被徵召了
-You're going in the army? -Yes, I was called.
我是中士的後備軍官
I'm a sergeant in the reserves, you know.
要是戰爭幾個月內不結束 我恐怕也會被徵召
I'll be called myself, if it doesn't end in a few months.
-但是戰爭應該快結束了 -我相信你是對的
-It will, though. -I'm sure you're right, Mr Meyer.
好了 親愛的同學們
...defending our country, our fatherland.
我們現在必須做的是...
Now, my beloved class, this is what we must do:
拿出所有的力量 奮力一擊
Strike with all our power.
竭盡所有一切
Give every ounce of strength...
以求在年底之前 贏得戰爭的勝利
to win victory before the end of the year.
我其實也很不願意 一而再地提起這個話題
It is with reluctance that I bring this subject up again.
但孩子們 你們是祖國的命脈
You are the life of the fatherland, you boys.
你們是德國的鐵人
You are the iron men of Germany.
在祖國召喚你們的時候
You are the gay heroes
你們也會成爲 當仁不讓的偉大英雄
who will repulse the enemy...
爲祖國奮勇殺敵
when you are called upon to do so.
雖然我不該鼓吹你們
It is not for me to suggest that any of you...
要你們投筆從戎 挺身而出來扞衛自己的國家
should stand up and offer to defend his country.
但我想 你們恐怕早有此打算
But I wonder if such a thing is going through your heads.
我聽說某所學校
I know that in one of the schools...
有整班的男同學一起起立
the boys have risen up in the classroom...
自願去登記入伍
and enlisted in a mass.
要是同樣的事也發生在我們班
But, of course, if such a thing should happen here...
我一定會感到非常的驕傲
you would not blame me for a feeling of pride.
或許有些人會說
Perhaps some will say...
你們還太年輕
that you should not be allowed to go yet...
不應該急着挺身而出 而且你們的父母都還健在
that you are too young, that you have homes, mothers, fathers...
你們不該離開自己溫暖的家
that you should not be torn away.
但難道你們的父親 真能眼睜睜地
Are your fathers so forgetful of their fatherland...
置祖國於苦難不顧 而選擇保全自己的兒子嗎
that they would let it perish rather than you?
難道你們的母親真如此軟弱 竟不願讓她們的兒子
Are your mothers so weak that they cannot send a son...
去保衛那片孕育他們的土地
to defend the land which gave them birth?
再說...軍旅生涯的歷練對男孩來說
And after all, is a little experience...
又何嘗不是一件好事
such a bad thing for a boy?
能夠穿上祖國的軍服 是一種至高無上的榮耀
Is the honour of wearing a uniform...
你們爲何要逃避
something from which we should run?
又如果你們因爲身着軍服 而大獲小姐們的青睞
And if our young ladies glory in those who wear it...
豈不是美事一樁
is that anything to be ashamed of?
我知道你們並不貪慕英雄的虛名
I know you have never desired the adulation of heroes.
因爲爲師的 總是教導你們要腳踏實地
That has not been part of my teaching.
我們凡事必當盡力而爲
We have sought to make ourselves worthy...
但對於應得的榮耀也不必推卻
and let acclaim come when it would.
無論如何 能夠在戰爭中一馬當先
But to be foremost in battle...
絕對是一種過人的美德
is a virtue not to be despised.
我相信這會是一場 快速及必勝的戰爭
I believe it will be a quick war...
傷亡的人數也會非常少
that there will be few losses.
倘若真有人爲國捐軀
But if losses there must be...
那就讓我們謹記着一句名言
then let us remember the Latin phrase...
這是許多羅馬人在站在異鄉的戰場上時
which must have come to the lips of many a Roman...
口中常掛着的一句話...
when he stood embattled in a foreign land.:
"爲祖國捐軀
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori."
是何其快樂而又光榮的事"
"Sweet and fitting it is to die for the fatherland. "
你們當中或許有人 有着遠大的理想和抱負
Some of you may have ambitions.
我知道有個才華洋溢的年輕人
I know of one young man
有潛力成爲偉大的作家
who has great promise as a writer...
他已完成了一部悲劇的第一幕
and he has written the first act of a tragedy...
也因此抵修了一個學期的學分
which would be a credit to one of the masters.
我猜想 他希望有朝一日
And he is dreaming, I suppose...
能像哥德和席勒那樣名留千古
of following in the footsteps of Goethe and Schiller...
而我也衷心的祝福他
and I hope he will.
但現在祖國在召喚你們
But now our country calls.
我們的軍隊需要領袖人才
The fatherland needs leaders.
個人的利益及雄心 應該要先棄置一旁
Personal ambition must be thrown aside...
這是爲祖國犧牲奉獻 所表現出的最高情操
in the one great sacrifice for our country.
這將是你們年輕生命 最閃亮的開始
Here is a glorious beginning to your lives.
榮耀的田野在呼喚各位
The field of honour calls you.
你們爲何還駐足不前
Why are we here?
你 克萊普 你爲何還在這裏
You, Kropp, what has kept you back?
還有你 幕勒 你知道祖國有多需要你嗎
You, Mueller, you know how much you are needed?
我看到你們都望着你們的領袖
Ah, I see you look at your leader.
而我 也看着你 保羅鮑莫
And l, too, look to you, Paul Baumer...
我想知道你有什麼打算
and I wonder what you are going to do.
-我願意去 -我也要去
-I'll go. -I want to go. -Count on me.
-算我一份吧 -我也是
-Me too. -I'm ready.
-我準備好了 -我絕不一人留下
I'm not gonna stay home!
跟我來 我現在就帶你們去報名
Follow me! Enlist now!
-再也不用上課了 -不用上課了
-No more classes! -No more classes!
-你合羣一點好不好 -來嘛 班恩
-Don't be a quitter! -Come on, Behn!
我們一定要團結 跟大家一起同進退吧
Stick together. That's what we've got to do.
-一定要團結 -是啊 班恩
-Let's all stick together. -Come on, Behn.
好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
-我去就是了-你早說嘛
-I'll go. -That's the way!
我們走吧
Let's go!
來 大家一起唱
Hey! Let's sing! Come on!
隊伍排整齊一點 菜鳥
Keep in line there, soldiers.
遵命 大將軍
Anything you say, General.
小隊 停止前進
Detail, halt!
向左轉
Left face!
換好制♥服♥後就準備去報到 原地解散
Get into uniform, ready to report. Fall out!
這個地方一定會 把我們操到很健壯
I bet you a place like this gets you in good condition.
行軍時要走很多路 不練壯點不行
You have to be for the long marches.
我要去參加騎兵隊 這樣騎馬就好了
I'm gonna get in the cavalry and ride.
我纔不要呢
No cavalry for me.
參加步兵隊纔有辦法上前線作戰
Infantry's where you see the fighting.
我只想知道我的配槍在哪
Where are all the guns? That's what I want to know.
我們要接受訓練好一陣子 纔會拿到槍
Oh, you don't get a gun for a long while yet.
要我負責殺敵 不讓我先練練怎麼成
If I'm gonna bump off the enemy, I gotta have some practise. Ow!
我想要學習怎麼使用刺刀
Bayonet drill. That's what I want.
啊
Ah!
我看你還是跟女生 接吻比較在行 慕勒
You won a medal that time, Mueller.
你等着瞧 在一個月內 我身上一定會掛滿勳章
You wait. In about a month I'll be covered with 'em.
把你的靴子從我臉上移開
Say, keep your boots out of my face!
我是看得起你 才把靴子放在你臉上
Why, it's an honour to have those boots in your face.
這可是全軍隊裏最好的靴子了 我叔叔送我的
They're the best pair in the army! My uncle gave 'em to me.
你看看這進口的上好皮料
Just look at that special imported leather.
除了我臉上 你高興放哪都行
Put 'em anyplace you like, except in my face.
制♥服♥這麼難看 叫我怎麼出去認識小姐
Not even a kitchen maid'll look at me in this!
立正
Attention!
是哈姆斯托耶
Well, for the love of... It's Himmelstoss!
-真的耶 -還穿得人模人樣的
-So it is. -And all dressed up.
你好啊 哈姆
Hello, Himmie.
你沒想到會再見到我們吧
You didn't think you'd see me again so soon, did you?
-看到我的軍階了嗎 -看到啦
-You see my rank? -Sure.
那你還不退下
Fall back, then!
哈姆斯托 我們真高興見到你
Himmelstoss, we certainly are glad to see you.
你叫我什麼
電影精選列表