The following is an interpretation of events based on..
本片是對真實事件的描述 基於...
Baniszewski v. The State of Indiana, 1966.
1966年發生在印第安納州的巴尼澤夫斯基事件
All testimonies comes from court transcripts.
所有證詞來自法庭記錄
I used to love the carnival.
我曾經很喜歡嘉年華
Daddy worked all the fairs selling pretzel...
爸爸在每個集市奔忙 賣♥♥脆餅乾...
and candy apple.
和糖蘋果
Always looking for something better.
總是在找更好的
Sometimes mama would follow him...
有時候媽媽和他一起...
sometimes he even take us.
有時候他甚至帶上我們
It was always a new adventure...
這總是一種全新的遊歷...
with a whole new family, every time.
全家人一起 每次都是
I figured Jennie and me, were...
我覺得詹妮和我 是...
the luckiest girls in the world. with a life like that.
世界上最幸運的女孩永遠如此
My favorite was the merry-go-round...
我的最愛是旋轉木馬...
Maybe I was a little old for it, but...
我可能已經有點過了玩它的年齡 但是...
all those other rides they scared me.
其它的乘坐遊戲都會嚇到我
The merry-go-round, just goes round and round, and up and down.
旋轉木馬 只是轉啊轉啊 上啊下啊
It don't go anywhere, but I always felt save.
我不知道要去哪 但是我總是覺得安全
That's me on the left.
左邊的就是我
Sylvia.
西爾維婭
And that's my story.
這是我的故事
I'm a Prostitute and proud of it.
我是妓♥女♥ 並以此爲榮
Would you please state your name.
請陳述您的姓名
Lester Likens.
萊斯特·萊肯斯
Are you married to Betty Likens?
貝蒂·萊肯斯是你妻子嗎?
Yes.
是的
Did you and your wife ever separate?
你和你妻子曾經分開過嗎?
Yes.
是的
What period of time did that occur?
什麼時間段發生的?
The last week in June 1965.
1965年6月的最後一個星期
She was at Euclid street, and I was in Lebanon, Indiana.
她在歐幾里德大街 我在印第安納的黎巴嫩市
Where were the children?
孩子們在哪?
Jennie Faye and Silvia Marie was with her.
詹妮 費依和西爾維婭·瑪麗和她在一起
Do you think, we'll make new friends?
你覺得 我們會認識新朋友嗎?
Sure we will.
肯定會的
Well, maybe there'll be some cute boys this time.
好 說不定這次會遇到些可愛的男孩子
They're supposed to be cute.
估計會很可愛
Come on girls, you don't wanna be late now for church.
女孩們快點 你們不想去教堂遲到吧
Hey!
嘿!
Daddy?
爸爸?
Hey, Jennie. What're you doing here?
嘿 詹妮 你怎麼來了?
Well, I missed you girls.
我想你們
Hi Betty, can I talk to for a minute?
嗨 貝蒂 我能跟你談上一分鐘麼?
You know, I've been talking to a Horst and he says...
我已經和霍斯特談了 他說...
that we could maybe play our own band at the state-fair this year.
在今年的州立集♥會♥上 或許可以讓我們自己的樂隊表演
Then maybe we could make enough money to go on tour.
那麼我們就可以有足夠的錢繼續旅行了
I told Lester, that I can't do it anymore...
我說過了萊斯特 我不能再這麼做了...
not with the girls.
丟下孩子們沒人管
Maybe my mother will take them.
或許我母親可以照顧她們
I can't move them up there again.
我不能又讓她們從這搬走
They haven't even had a chance to make friends down here yet.
她們甚至還沒來得及在這交朋友
Betty, maybe we wouldn't fight as much, without the kids.
貝蒂 沒有孩子的話 我們也許不會總是鬧了
Mama?
媽媽?
You two, go on ahead and catch the church bus home.
你們倆先走 坐教堂的巴士回家
I've gotta settle things with your father.
我要和你父親安頓些事情
See what love the father has given us...
天父給了我們怎樣的愛...
and we are called children of god.
我們被稱爲上帝的子民
And so we are!
我們全都是
But how does a child, come on to his father?
但是孩子如何跟隨他的父親?
How does the father, come on to the child?
父親如何引領孩子?
Christ said: I am the way. The truth, the live and love.
基♥督♥說 我是道路真理 生命和愛
Come on to the father, but by me.
跟隨天父 但是通過我
Our families, our fathers, our mothers.
我們的家人 我們父親 我們的母親
It is only through Christ, that we find our father.
只有通過基♥督♥ 我們才能找到我們的天父
And it's only through Christ, that we find each other.
只有通過基♥督♥ 我們才能找到彼此
Oh, that's a beautiful dress, Hope.
喔 好漂亮的裙子
Oh, thank you, Gertrude.
謝謝 格特魯德
And huh... I'm feeling much better, with my new medicine...
哦...喫了新藥之後 我覺得好多了...
and... you know anybody, that needs ironing to be done...
而且...每個人都需要熨衣服...
I'd appreciate the work.
我感激這份工作
I'll do that.
我會處理的
Thank you.
謝謝
What happened to your leg?
你的腿怎麼了?
That's not nice, Shirley!
這不好 雪莉!
That's alright, she's used to it.
沒事 她習慣了
So what is it? Polio.
那 怎麼了? 小兒麻痹症
Polio?
小兒麻痹症?
Does that hurt?
疼麼?
Our mama is a sick too.
我們的媽媽也是個病人
All right girls!
好了孩子們!
We gotta go.
我們要走了
Can they come with us?
她們能和我們一起麼?
You wanna come? We've got some friends coming over...
想來嗎? 會有些朋友來...
and you can meet our older sister.
你還可以見到我們大姐
Let's do. Sure!
走吧 好!
Guess who got stuck with an extra shift at work?
猜猜看誰被"額外"的加班纏得無法分身啊?
Did you get paid? Mm'hm.
拿到報酬了嗎? 嗯
Got a little extra for dinner.
拿一點"額外"的喫晚飯
Here, take the baby.
給 接着孩子
Where'd they come from?
她們哪裏來的?
What's this?
這是誰?
We invited them to stay and play.
我們邀請她們來玩
We'll be quiet.
我們會保持安靜
All right, make sure of it.
好吧 保證如此
I really like this song.
我真的喜歡這首歌♥
What's your dad do?
你♥爸♥爸做什麼的?
He is cop, they are divorced.
他是警♥察♥ 他們離婚了
Do you miss him any?
你想他嗎?
Nah, I just miss his money.
不 我只是想念他的錢
But, Paula! Well, it's true.
但是 寶拉! 嗯 是真的
Maybe, if he's more regular with his support...
或許 如果他規矩點...
Mom wouldn't be so sick...
媽媽也不會病得那麼重...
and I wouldn't have to work so hard.
我也不必這麼費勁的工作
Little Kenny's got a different daddy.
小肯尼有一個不一樣的爸爸
Who's little Kenny? The baby.
誰是小肯尼? 嬰兒
But we ain't supposed to talk about that.
但是不准我們談論這個
Auh!
啊!
Finished!
好了!
Wow! You should do this for a living.
哇哦! 你應該靠幹這個養家
Yeah, if she was old enough.
是啊 如果她年齡夠大
You want me to do yours?
要我幫你梳嗎?
Oh, no, thanks.
不了 謝謝
Yeah, she's the pretty one.
嗯 她很漂亮
Yeah, she's got nice hair.
是啊 她有一頭秀髮
I'm pretty too. The hell you are!
我也很漂亮 去死吧!
Oh, let me see that brush.
讓我看看那個梳子
I tell you what? Let's go get a coke.
我說 我們去買♥♥可樂吧
My boyfriend works over at the liquor store, get him to buy a couple.
我男朋友在小酒館工作 找他買♥♥兩瓶
Sure.
好
You girls behave!
你們安分點!
We're goin' to groceries.
我們要去雜貨店
Tell Andy, he owes me for little Kenny!
告訴安迪 他欠我小肯尼的錢!
And don't be waistin' time on that bag-boy.
不要在那個打包男孩身上浪費時間
He ain't a bag-boy, Mama!
他不是打包男孩 媽媽!
Sort of wasted space.
有點浪費空間
She don't like my boyfriend. Yeah, I can see that.
她不喜歡我男朋友 嗯 看得出來
Hey, Johnny, quit it!
嘿 約翰尼 住手
Sorry, Mrs. Doyle.
抱歉 杜伊勒太太
Hey!
嗨!
You weren't at church today.
今天你沒去教堂
電影精選列表