在拳擊史上 再沒有任何拳擊手的故事
比布洛克的一生更有趣... -戴蒙·羅原
鐵拳男人
好樣的 別給他機會喘氣
Attaboy! Keep him busy!
一 天哪
One. Jesus.
二 你贏定了
Two. You got it.
三 他起不來了
Three. He ain't getting up!
四 五 六
Four, five, six...
七 八 九 十
seven, eight, nine, ten.
出局
Out!
1928年9月30日 邁迪森方圓拳場
泰福·格萊非斯 對抗 詹姆斯·布洛克
這邊來 詹姆
Come here, Jimmy.
把這個睡美人弄走
Get that sleeping beauty out of here!
十連擊啊 詹姆 十連擊
That's ten in a row, Jimmy! Ten!
在第二局的1分46秒 被摧毀性的一擊
By a knockout, at one minute 46 seconds in the second round...
產生了今晚的重量級獲勝者
tonight's light heavyweight winner...
他就是來自新澤西的
from the great state of New Jersey...
卑爾根猛牛 詹姆斯·布洛克
the Bulldog of Bergen, James J. Braddock!
麥迪遜花♥園♥廣場
你將會是下界的冠軍 詹姆
You're gonna be the next champ, Jimmy!
嗨 你好嗎
Hey, how you doing?
別全給他們簽了 剩一些讓她們繼續渴求
Just give them a few. Leave them wanting.
你也想幫我簽名嗎
You want to sign my name for me, too?
至少他們能看懂
At least then they can read it.
幫我籤個名 布洛克
Sign this for me, Mr. Braddock.
你越打變得越強大
You've been getting stronger with every fight.
我一直在觀察
I've been seeing it.
你會喜歡上這種感覺 也不會怕上臺或者緊張了
You may favor the right, sure, but you got no stage fright or nerves.
你永遠不會被打倒
And you have never been knocked out.
你會出線的 我早就說了 詹姆
You're in line. That's all I'm saying, Jimmy.
你會打的更好的
You're gonna get your shot.
好了 看看我們今天掙了多少
All right, let me see what we got here.
886 美元給讓餒特
$886 for Jeanette...
772 美元給露和懷特尼
$772 for Lou and Whitey...
1000美元是拳擊場的費用
$1, 000 for the ring fees,
我拿2658美元 你拿3544美元
my $2, 658 and your $3, 544...
總共 8860美元 把它藏到你的牀墊裏
makes $8, 860. Stick that in your mattress,
愛爾蘭傢伙
lrishman.
等回到家 你進來看看孩子嗎
When we get there, you gonna come in and see the kids?
就一會 行吧 他們想念喬叔叔
It's been a while. Come on. They miss their Uncle Joey.
說得真好聽啊 你還是跟那個人結婚的
Yeah, that's very sweet. You still married to the same girl?
我今天早上還是和她在一起
I was this morning.
恭喜你了 也許我該下次來拜訪
Well, congratulations. Maybe I'll take a rain check.
你能告訴她...
And would you tell her...
你能告訴她 我少算了你的訓練費
will you tell her I undercharged on the gym fees...
也沒有收你毛巾錢 你能告訴她嗎
and no load on the towel? Would you do that for me, please?
-我肯定會告訴她的 -那多謝拉
- I will be sure to point it out. - I appreciate it.
在拐角的地方停一下 弗蘭克
You stop up at the corner here somewhere, Frank.
冒險王到家了
Home to Jersey for Mr. Adventure over here.
再見了 弗蘭克
All right, see you, Frank.
我要殺了你
I could kill you!
我喜歡你這樣說
I like the sound of that.
我真的喜歡你這樣說
Yeah, I like the sound of that a lot.
詹姆 恩
Jimmy. Yeah?
我姐姐
My sister.
爸爸 我們贏了嗎
Daddy, did we win?
對 我們贏了
Yeah, we won.
你好嗎 愛麗斯
How are you, Alice?
我很好 你打的真好 詹姆
Good. That's wonderful, Jimmy.
嘿 霍華德
Hey, Howard.
謝謝
Thank you.
那跟我講講他
So tell me about him.
他真是個難對付的對手
Was he a real slugger?
你知道嗎 你可以來看比賽的
You know, you could come and watch.
不 每次你被打
No. You get hit...
就像我被打一樣
every time, it feels like I'm getting hit, too.
我連你一半強壯也沒有
And I'm not half as tough as you are.
那跟我講講那些女孩
So, tell me about the girls.
女孩
Girls?
雖然我在公園 但是這是個比賽的晚上
I was at the Garden, it was a fight night...
說啊 有一個的
Come on. There was one.
-肯定有一個 -沒有
- There must've been one. - No.
金髮的 深色的
Blond? Brunette.
高嗎
Tall?
像一隻羚羊
Like a gazelle.
我不知道她怎麼無聲無息的 出現在那裏
I don't know how it is she breathed up there.
布洛克
Mr. Braddock!
你好強壯啊
You're so strong!
你的手好大啊
And your hands, they're so big.
你好有力氣啊
You're so powerful!
詹姆 我好爲你自豪啊
Jimmy, I'm so proud of you.
我好爲你自豪啊
I'm so proud of you.
戰績介紹...
lntroducing...
分別在國家級 輕量級和重量級比賽中
two-time state Golden Gloves title holder...
兩次衛冕金手套頭銜
in both the light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions...
21場 0場敗 其中16場一拳打倒對手
21-0, with 16 wins coming by way of knockout...
卑爾根的猛牛 新澤西的驕傲
the Bulldog of Bergen, the pride of New Jersey...
愛爾蘭的希望...
and the hope of the lrish...
將來的世界冠軍
as the future champion of the world...
詹姆斯·布洛克
James J. Braddock.
玫 你把我吵醒了
Ma, you woke me up.
是你把被子給踢了
Well, you kicked the covers off, honey.
現在繼續睡好嗎
Now you go back to sleep, all right?
晚安 媽媽
Good night, Mom.
晚安 甜心
Good night, sweetheart.
1933年 9月25日 經濟大蕭條第四年
我找不到我的襪子
I can't find my socks.
詹姆 對不起
Jim! I'm sorry.
媽媽
Mama?
-這下好了 -對不起 親愛的
- Great. - I'm sorry, baby.
我昨天洗掉了 從你的腳上脫下來的
I washed them last night. Took them right off your feet.
你不記得了 不記得
Don't you remember? No.
你像一個沒電的燈
Well, you were out like a light.
我怎樣才能一直讓這個熱乎乎的
How do I keep them this warm?
媽 我也想喫
Mama, I want to eat, too.
媽媽會給你的寶貝
Mommy will get you some, honey.
嗨 洛斯 洛斯 早上好啊
Hey, Rosy-Rosy. Good morning, good morning.
昨天收到一個帳單 煤氣和電
Got a notice yesterday. Gas and electric.
快點
Come on.
坐好了 我去拿牛奶
Okey-dokey, there we go. I'll get the milk.
逾期未繳
我記得還剩下一點
Well, I think there's some left over.
還有
Yep.
我今晚在軍♥火♥庫有場比賽
You know, I got that fight tonight at the armory.
一個叫阿比·弗德曼的人
Yeah, one guy, Abe Feldman.
50美元不論輸贏
That's $50, win or lose.
不錯啊
That's good.
如果我贏了 也許我能拿 75 美元
If I beat him, maybe I can get my purses back up to $75.
太好了
That would be great.
洛斯用你的叉子喫
Rosy, use your fork, please.
我們需要一頭母牛哦
Who needs a cow, huh?
媽媽 我還想要
Mama, I want some more.
不行啊 寶貝 還要給你哥哥留點
I'm sorry, sweetheart. We need to save some for the boys.
給你
Here you go.
玫 我昨天做了個夢
You know, Mae, I dreamed last night...
在一個豪華飯店喫晚餐
that I was having dinner at The Ritz.
和邁克·魯尼 還有喬治·萊福特
With Mickey Rooney and George Raft.
真的啊 沒錯
Really! Yeah.
我夢到我喫了一塊肉排 一塊厚的 多汁的肉排
And I dreamed I had a steak. A thick, juicy steak.
像這樣 洛斯
Like this, Rosy.
然後喫了一堆馬鈴薯
And then I had a mountain of mashed potatoes...
之後又喫了三根冰激凌
and I went back for ice cream three times.
我喫飽了
I'm stuffed.
電影精選列表