尊敬的各位來賓 你們好
It's very respectful. A good guy, though. How're you doing?
祝我好運吧
Wish me luck.
謝謝 不過我不喝酒
Thanks, but I don't drink.
既然抽菸 怎麼會不喝酒
Ah, you smoke, but you don't drink?
好吧 我也知道不該抽 但抽都抽了
Well, I shouldn't do that either, but you know what?
我以爲伴娘都不能抽菸呢
I thought that bridesmaids were not allowed to smoke.
那麼我就不是一個合格的伴娘
I guess I'm not a very good bridesmaid then.
別對自己太苛刻了
Don't be too hard on yourself.
事實上 你穿上這件衣服很合適
The only real requirement is that you fit into the dress.
我看起來怎麼樣
How am I doing?
很好
You're doing good.
不管怎麼說 我是個替代品
I was an alternate anyway.
原來的7號♥伴娘
The original 7th bridesmaid
出了事故 把腿摔斷了
had broken her leg in a freak accident.
新娘發誓說
'Course she swore, you know
她起初是想邀請我的
...that she'd intended to invite me earlier...
不過
but ahm... yeah, well...
都知道這是怎麼回事
You know how it goes...
我不太知道
I don't actually.
說說看
Tell me.
你可以說
Well you? You could say
我和客人中的某位曾經有過一段過去
I had a history with one of the other guests.
一段過去聽起來很有意思
A history? That sounds interesting.
不 沒意思 這無聊透頂
Oh no, it ain't. It's terribly boring.
不 不是的 我喜歡過去
No, actually that's not true. I love history.
那些關係疏遠的皇室親戚們彼此通姦
all those distantly related royals fucking each other...
死於可憐的疾病
...ending up in tragic diseases...
還生下了弱智的孩子
...and with retardate children.
我的過去只是普通人無聊的憂鬱往事罷了
But this is the sad, dull, real people kind.
一些不斷重複的錯誤
Mistakes repeated endlessly.
永遠都學不會吸取教訓
Lessons ... unlearned...
謝謝 我不喝酒
Thanks. I don't drink.
既然抽菸 怎麼不喝酒
You smoke, but you don't drink.
我也知道不應該抽的
Well, I shouldn't do that either.
我在試着戒掉
I am trying to quit.
一次只能一個壞習慣
One bad habit at a time.
那麼你是新娘第8個最好的朋友
So the bride's 8th closest friend
這個問題我想過
I've thought about this.
在我看來
As far as I see it...
唯一能肯定的是 我不在
...well the only absolute fact is that
她7個最好的朋友之列
I'm not one of the top 7 friends.
由於事發突然
I mean on such short notice
她肯定已經問過其他人
she certainly could've asked
被拒絕了之後纔來找我的
and been rejected by several other alternatives before she invited me.
也許她知道只有你
Or you could be the only person she knew
才適合穿這套衣服
who would potentially fit into the dress.
所以 我絕對不能算是她的朋友
Yeah. Therefore, not a friend at all.
充其量就是一個用來湊數的人體模特
just a living mannequin to complete the insane symmetry
好湊齊7個伴郎和7個伴娘
of 7 best men and 7 bridesmaids.
或許
Alternatively...
你是她7個好朋友之一 但是
you are one of her 7 closest friends, but
由於你剛纔提到的過去纔沒邀請你
the history you mentioned before...
當原先的7號♥伴娘
...when the original 7th bridesmaid...
在事故中受傷
was taken up by the freak accident.
這就給了新娘勇氣
It gave the bride courage to
來挽回你們的珍貴友誼
to revive the treasured relationship.
-不是的 -不是
-No. -No?
我不這麼想
I don't think so.
因爲我們從來就不親密
because we were never all that close
即使曾經住的很近
even when we were close.
曾經有兩個星期
There was a two-week when though -when...
我們幾乎成了朋友
...we were almost friends.
我是這麼認爲的
I think.
但是我沒有告訴她
But Mmm, I haven't spoken to her.
也沒有對這些人中的任何一個說過
I haven't spoken to any of these people...
這事已經過去十年了
...for that matter, for ten years now.
就是因爲這原因 你這樣一個漂亮姑娘
So that's why a pretty girl like you
纔會孤零零一個人在這裏
is standing all by yourself.
這些人當中有些曾經是我的朋友
Some of these people used to be my friends
但現在不是了
but they aren't any more.
我已經厭倦了這種見面遊戲
I get tired playing the catch up game, you know
他們要努力回憶我是誰
...stuggle to remember who I am.
還要一遍遍重複的問
And then the endless repetition of
我正在做什麼
...what I been doing
和誰在一起
and who I've been doing...
說完了那些套話後
You know after I finish my prepared speech
我只能茫然的點頭致意
...I just lot of ... blankly...
就這些...
...you know -besides this...
我理解
I see.
這些曾是我前夫的朋友
These used to be my ex-husband's friends.
不是我的
Not mine.
那你怎麼會來這裏
So why are you here then?
在我上飛機的時候
I asked myself that very question
我也問了自己這個問題
when I was getting on the plane.
我只找到了兩個理由
and I could only come up with two reasons
但都沒有說服力
neither of them very good.
哪兩個
What were they?
一是好奇
Curiosity.
另外或許是因爲我知道不能不來
And... maybe because I just knew I shouldn't.
這說明你就是問題
Something tells me you're trouble.
也可能是因爲我得到了
And maybe because I had enough miles
一次免費旅遊
to make a trip for free.
這是三個理由了
That's three reasons.
所有的單身女性注意了
Attention, all the single women.
蘇珊要拋她的結婚花束了
Susie's about to throw the bridal bouquet.
我們到外面吧
Let's take it outside.
好極了
Ah, sweet.
也有你一份
Isn't that your queue?
我不是單身
I'm not single.
你說的是前夫
You said ex-husband.
沒錯
Yeah, I did.
你又結婚了
you remarried?
兩年前
2 years.
只是個圓的金戒指
It's just a ring. Gold, round.
已婚女人是不能做伴娘的
married women aren't supposed to be bridesmaids.
誰說的
Who says?
伴娘是準新娘
Bridesmaids are brides in training.
正在實踐中的
They are practicing.
那只是傳統
It is just a custom.
伴娘應該是處♥女♥
Bridesmaids are suppesed to be virgins.
是嗎 這裏我沒看到處♥女♥
Well, I didn't see any virgins out there
-你看到了嗎 -我沒有去證實
-did you? -I didn't check.
總之 我告訴過你我是一個不合格的伴娘
Anyway, I told you I was a bad bridesmaid.
找一個候補者就會這樣
That's what you get when you call on a second string.
剪輯者注17
editorial note 17.
只有一對跳的不錯
Only one good dancing couple
如果需要跳舞鏡頭 就找他們
Let's go to them when we need some dancing.
其他人 不是太快就是太慢
Everybody else, let's speed up or slow down
要麼動作僵硬 要麼過於誇張
or black and white, or sepia tone.
請給我來杯秀蘭·鄧波兒飲料
May I have a... a Shirley Tempers please.
你丈夫陪你來了
Did your husband come with you?
沒有 來不及 太突然了
No. He couldn't. Not on such short notice.
他做什麼的
What does he do?
-做什麼 -我是問職業
-Do? -for living.
他是心臟病醫生
Oh, he's a cardiologist.
我們住在倫敦
We live in London.
能告訴我你結婚了嗎
tell me, you... um... married?
不再是了
Not any more. I...
不過有個女朋友
...I just have a girlfriend.
-是認真的嗎 -一點都不 不過我喜歡這樣
-serious? -Not at all. But I like it.
電影精選列表