沙土好溼軟
It's squishy!
那有一條小魚 特羅伊 快過來看看
There's little fish, Troy! Come see!
曼蒂
Mandy!
曼蒂 快回來 媽媽快要抓狂了
Mandy, come back! Mom's gonna be mad!
曼蒂
Mandy!
當CMA職員和志願者到場...
When CMA staff and volunteers arrived on scene...
在她掙扎的左側發現了CMA 1307A
CMA 1307A was found on her left side struggling.
我在你身後
Right behind you.
她的噴水孔大部分在水面以下
Her blowhole was largely underwater.
好了 讓它放鬆
Okay, don't stress it.
把擔架抬過來
Bring in the stretcher!
她有小部分創傷 粘液從眼部流淌出來了...
She had small lesions, mucus coming out of her eyes...
同時曬傷比較嚴重
and was severely sunburned.
擱淺的海豚都會這樣...
A common problem with beached dolphins...
它們的皮膚不適於長♥期♥暴露在陽光下
as their skin isn't adapted for prolonged exposure to the sun.
小組人員懷疑海豚有肺部感染的可能
The team suspected possible lung infection,
這導致她迷失了方向
which led to her being disoriented...
這也是她擱淺的原因
which led to her beaching.
跟發現她的小女孩一樣 這隻海豚被命名爲曼蒂
This dolphin was nicknamed Mandy, after the little girl who discovered her.
九十二 這真的是太高了
It's 92. It's really, really high.
現在 科學無法證明海豚是否擁有情緒感知能力
Now, science doesn't know whether dolphins feel emotions...
有這般感應 害怕 歡樂 悲傷
the way we do: fear, joy, sadness.
但是它們的大腦跟我們一樣複雜
But their brains are as complex as ours...
同時對於我們來說 曼蒂看起來收到了驚嚇
and to us, Mandy seemed terrified.
所以 像往常一樣
So, like always,
我們治療她如同治療我們自己的海豚一樣
we treated her as gently as we treat one of us.
我們設法將她抬入擔架並送到救援車中...
We managed to get her into a stretcher and over to the rescue vehicle...
呼吸
Breath!
在海濱泥灘 真的不容易
which wasn't easy, as the area was a mud flat.
-菲比 你還好嗎 -注意腳下
-Phoebe, you all right? -Watch your step.
曼迪八歲 半英尺長 體重約350磅
Mandy was eight and a half feet long and weighed approximately 350 pounds.
呼吸
Breath.
-注意腳下 -謝謝 凱爾
-Watch your step. -Thanks, Kyle.
當我們把她帶回CMA 我們立即開始給她注射...
When we got her back to CMA, we immediately began giving her...
液體和抗生素 用於治療她的呼吸道感染
fluids and antibiotics for her respiratory infection...
以及塗抹局部藥膏 來治療她的曬傷
as well as a topical ointment for her sunburn.
從那時起 她漸漸強壯起來...
Since then, she's been gaining strength every day...
同時即將恢復健康
and is well on the road back to being a healthy animal.
好吧 下一節課 我們將要討論
All right. Next session, we'll go into more details
關於擱淺事件的更多細節
about strandings.
我只是想謝謝你來當一名志願者
I just want to thank you for volunteering.
你們維持了水族館的正常運轉
You guys are what keep this aquarium going.
還有一大卡車的魚
You and really big truckloads of fish.
星期三見
See you Wednesday!
嗨 打擾一下
Hi. Excuse me?
抱歉 我只是想要說聲謝謝
Sorry, we just wanted to say thanks.
我們自願這樣做 是因爲我們 聽到所有關於你和溫特
We volunteered because we heard all about you and Winter.
蘇西所談論的所有事都是關於海豚
All Susie ever talks about is dolphins.
她想成爲跟你一樣的人
She wants to be just like you.
-我不 -沙耶 我們要在10分鐘內開始
-I do not! -Sawyer! We're starting in 10 minutes.
哦
Oh.
好的 失陪了
Right. Excuse me.
嗨 我是黑澤爾·哈斯科特
Hi. I'm Hazel Haskett,
同時歡迎來到清水海洋水族館
and welcome to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
十五年前 我的父母買♥♥了一箇舊的污水處理廠...
Fifteen years ago, my mom and dad bought an old sewage treatment plant...
爲了生病和受傷的海洋動物 他們把它改造成了一所醫院
and turned it into a hospital for sick and injured marine animals.
他們的目標是拯救
Their goal was to rescue,
康復和釋放盡可能多的海洋動物
rehab and release as many animals as they could.
今天清水海洋水族館是他們的家...
Today Clearwater Marine Aquarium is home to turtles,
海龜 水獺 鯊魚和海豚...
otters, sharks, and dolphins...
包括溫特 以假肢尾巴聞名的的海豚
including Winter, the famous dolphin with the prosthetic tail.
如果你對在CMA當志願者感興趣的話...
If you're interested in volunteering at CMA...
請聯♥系♥我們客服員工
please see our staff at Guest Services.
在清水海洋水族館享受你美好的一天
Enjoy your day here at Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
噓
Shoo!
嘿 到底要幹什麼...
Hey! What the heck...?
-哦 -我的熊
-Oh. -My bear!
魯弗斯 不
Rufus, no!
我很抱歉 親愛的 你還好嗎
I'm sorry, honey. Are you okay?
夫人 我非常抱歉
Ma'am, I am so sorry.
如果你不能控制你的鵜鶘 你真的不該讓它來這裏
If you can't control your pelican, you really shouldn't have him here.
它不是我們的鵜鶘
He's not exactly our pelican.
那麼 它是誰的鵜鶘
Whose pelican is he then?
你知道 我認爲它其實不屬於任何人
You know, I don't think he really belongs to anybody.
你沒事吧
You okay?
你看對於你的損失 我真的想要補償你
Look, I really would like to make it up to you.
我帶你到禮品店
How about if I take you down to the gift shop?
給你買♥♥個新的玩具怎麼樣
And I'll get you something new.
任何東西都可以
Anything.
怎麼樣 親愛的
Is that okay, honey?
嗨 朋友們 歡迎來到清水海洋水族館
Hi, guys! Welcome to Clearwater Marine Aquarium!
大家今天過得怎麼樣
How's everybody doing today?
謝謝你 我們太激動了
Thank you. We are so excited
你們能夠選擇與我們度過這一天
that you chose to spend your day with us.
今天我們有一個非常特殊的客人
And today we have a very special guest.
請給一位衝浪冠軍熱烈的歡迎 貝瑟尼 漢密爾頓
Please give a warm welcome to champion surfer, Bethany Hamilton!
謝謝 黑澤爾 能夠站在這裏我感到非常興奮
Thank you, Hazel. I am so stoked to be here.
每個人在這裏感覺怎麼樣 你們也很興奮嗎
How about everyone out here? You stoked?
同時能夠跟溫特在一起共度時光...
And being able to spend time with Winter, who has just been...
她對於我來說是一種激勵 我相信你們也有同樣的感受
such an inspiration for me, and I'm sure to you as well.
難道她不令人驚歎嗎
Isn't she just amazing?
那麼謝謝大家
So thank you!
溫特通常每天有3場關於她假肢的訓練...
Winter usually does three sessions a day with her prosthetic...
就跟你看到的一樣 她真的很喜歡
and as you can see, she really likes it.
有了它 她能夠正常地遊動 同時...
With it on, she's able to swim normally, and already...
這對於矯正她的脊柱損傷是很有幫助的...
it's helped to correct the damage to her spine...
這樣她就能夠好好地活下去
and she's able to live
擁有一個健康 幸福的生活
a healthy, happy life.
你們看到她了嗎
Do you see her?
在她能夠看到的地方拿着它
Hold it out where she can see it.
還好嗎
You okay?
別這樣
Cut it out!
溫特看起來今天玩夠了
Looks like Winter's being extra playful today.
她是一個頑童
She's being a brat.
-可能是我的原因 -不 不 她愛人類
-Maybe it's me. -No, no, she loves people.
由於一些原因 她的心情有點奇怪
She's just in a weird mood, for some reason.
她在拒絕
She's refusing.
潘娜瑪 你能在入口處指引她嗎 我感覺她有點分心
Can you gate Panama? I think she's distracting.
那是潘娜瑪 她在12年前被救
That's Panama. She was rescued 12 years ago,
那時她喪失了捕魚的能力
unable to catch fish.
然後我們發現了原因所在
And we found out why.
實際上她失去了聽覺 這導致她無法測定方向
It's actually because she's deaf, which makes her unable to echolocate.
同時對於一隻海豚來說她已經很老了
She's also very old for a dolphin.
我們認爲她已經超過40歲了
Over 40, we think.
嘿 我知道 她真的是夠老了
Heh. I know. It's really old.
嘿 但是她和溫特是最好的朋友
Heh. But she and Winter are the best of friends.
她來了
There she goes!
-嘿 醫生 -嘿
-Hey, Doc. -Hey.
你還好嗎 很開心你能夠下來
How are you? So glad you could make it down here.
很高興來到這裏
Glad to be here.
好女孩 溫特 好女孩
Good girl, Winter. Good girl.
-你準備好帶着她了嗎 -是的
-Are you ready to take her? -Yup.
-她們兩個真是壯觀 -哦 是的
-The two of them are just spectacular. -Oh, yeah.
你準備好了嗎
You ready?
來吧
Come on.
好棒
Attagirl!
我們愛你 貝瑟尼
We love you, Bethany!
菲比
Phoebe.
謝謝
Thanks.
嘿
Hey.