爲紀念19世紀美國著名作家愛倫坡逝世170週年
片名:《奇特的故事》(改編自埃德加·愛倫·坡小說)
編劇/導演
勞爾·加西亞
誒。。。
Well...
有朋自遠方來,詩人
if it isn't my good friend,The Poet.
不亦樂乎?
I can't say I'm surprised to find you here.
你今日拜謁誰的墳墓呢?
Whose grave are you visiting today?
是誰?
Who's there?
日復一日地悲嘆着同一塊墓碑?
Weeping at the same grave over again?
爲何你不選擇其他人的安息之所呢?
Why didn't you choose any of the others?
麗姬婭,安娜貝爾?
Ligeia, Annabel?
抑或貝蕾妮絲?(金剛注:以上三人均爲愛倫坡小說角色)
Or perhaps Berenice?
其實必定是選擇弗吉尼亞(金剛注:愛倫坡之妻)
So sure Virginia was going to be the pick
來祭奠今日的痛苦之旅吧
for today's tortured journey.
你對她的情感無可置疑
There's no denying your affection for her.
你的詩裏又是怎麼描述的呢?
What was that poem of yours?
“距今多年以前
"It was many and many a year ago
住有少女落雁
"That a maiden there lived whom you may know
豆蔻別無他求
"And this maiden she lived with no other thought...
只爲兩情相願”
"Than to love and be loved by me."
我在做什麼?
What am I doing?
我在和一尊雕像吟詩作對!
I recite poetry with a statue!
我一定是醉了
I must be drunk.
或是瘋了
Or mad.
抑或二者兼有
Or both.
我陷入了幻境
I am hallucinating.
這次我是否該用你的另一行詩節來作答?
Should I answer this one with another of your stanzas?
“一切有爲法
"All that we see or seem
如夢幻泡影。。。”
"ls but a dream within a dream..."
你依然對我的身份毫無頭緒
Still you have no clue to who I am.
我是你的影子,你的靈魂
I am your shadow, your soul.
是你迷戀的對象
The object of your obsession.
你瘋了嗎?
Are you mad?
我迷戀的對象?
My obsession?
認出我來了嗎,坡?
Recognize me now, Poe?
你感到孤獨嗎?
Are you feeling lonely?
渴望再次長眠嗎?
Longing again for the departed?
收聲啊!
Silence!
我爲隱居而來
I came here for solitude.
非爲孤獨而來
Not loneliness.
總是迷戀着死亡
Always obsessed with the dead.
化成你筆下的傑作
A great subject for your writings.
這不是迷戀
It is not obsession
而是觸發我寫作的靈感
but rather inspiration which drives my writing.
我不會如此定義
I wouldn't define it that way.
可曾記得羅德里克·厄舍?
Remember Roderick Usher?
他瘋狂地迷戀已故的妹妹瑪德琳
His compulsive obsession for his departed sister Madeline
造成了多麼不安的惶恐啊
caused such a nervous agitation
以至於英年早逝
that it lead him to an early demise.
那是手足情,不是迷戀
It was brotherly love, not obsession.
迷戀,迷信
Obsession, superstition,
無回報的愛
unrequited love.
你想說服誰呢?
Who do you want to convince?
故事一:《厄舍府的崩塌》
敘述者:英國著名演員克里斯托弗·李爵士
那是個充斥我童年的魔幻情景
It was a magical place that filled my childhood
幻影不斷攪動着我的想象
with visions to stir the imagination.
現在,在那年秋天的
And now, during the whole
一個個沉悶、幽晦、靜寂
of a dull, dark,and soundless day
的日子裏
in the autumn of another year,
我單騎穿越
I was alone, passing through
一片無比荒涼蕭索的原野
a singularly dreary tract of country;
最後終於發覺
and at length found myself
厄舍府
愁雲慘淡的厄舍府就在眼前
within reach of the melancholy House of Usher.
不知爲何,經過這麼多年
I know not how it was,but with my first glimpse
一看到這幢府邸
of the house after so long,
一種意想不到、難以忍♥受的憂鬱
an unexpected sense of insufferable gloom
瀰漫在我的靈魂之中
pervaded my spirit.
是何緣故?
What was it?
是什麼原因使我
What unnerved me so
在注視厄舍府時如此黯然神傷呢?
in the contemplation of the House of Usher?
古堡主人,羅德里克·厄舍
Its proprietor, Roderick Usher,
是我孩提時代的摯友
had been one of my boon companions in boyhood;
但自我們分別後,也已多年未見
but many years had elapsed since our last meeting.
不料竟收到他的來信
His letter, however,
信中一再火急地催促我
had lately reached me in a distant part
來到這遙遠之地
of the country.
我更仔細地端詳
I scanned more narrowly
這棟古堡的真貌
the real aspect of the building.
它的基本特徵
Its principal feature
貌似屬於古色古香的哥特風
seemed to be that of an excessive antiquity.
寫信人聲稱患了急病
The writer spoke of acute bodily illness,
被神經錯亂折磨得苦不堪言
of a mental disorder which oppressed him,
他渴望見我一面
and brought an earnest desire to see me,
因爲我是他最要好的,實際上也是唯一的
as his best,and indeed his only
私交,但願我的到訪
personal friend, in an attempt
能減輕他的一些病痛
to alleviate some of his malady;
而我,雖然
and I, accordingly,
立即赴約
obeyed forthwith
卻依然從心底裏認爲這份邀請
what I still considered a very singular
非同尋常
and haunting summons.
我怔怔地盯着他,半帶憐憫,半帶敬畏
I gazed upon him with a feeling half of pity, half of awe.
弗公!
Frederick!
吾之竹馬之交!
My dear friend,
此番吾終於
I have after all this time
等到了公的蒞臨!
been waiting for your arrival!
我起初還道是
I at first thought it to be
過火的親切
an overdone cordiality.
我好不容易纔使自己認出
It was with difficulty that I could bring myself
眼前這位就是
to admit the identity of the man being before me
我的孩提玩伴
with the companion of my early boyhood.
他十分詳細地
He entered into what he conceived to be
談起他的病根
the nature of his malady.
食物清湯寡水但尚可忍♥受
The most insipid food was alone endurable.
所有的花香都令他喘不動氣
The odors of all flowers proved oppressive;
一丁點兒光亮都會刺痛他的眼睛
his eyes were tortured by even a faint light.
除非是特殊之聲
And there were but peculiar sounds
纔會令他聽了心驚肉跳
which inspired him with horror.
我開始懷疑我在
I began to question my worthiness
眼前這位朋友心中的地位
of being present for my friend,
他活在一個我無法進入的封閉空間
who now existed in a world of which I held no key.
吾命休矣!
I shall perish!
吾深懼未來!
I dread the events of the future!
吾宜早晚
I feel that the period will sooner or later arrive
拋開
when I must abandon
生命與理智
life and reason together,
要和那個
in some struggle
猙獰的恐懼幽靈。。。
with the grim phantasm...
。。。大戰一場
...fear.
你到底在恐懼什麼呢,羅德里克?
But what do you fear, Roderick?
我必須知道無時不刻折磨你的
I must know what is it that torments
到底是什麼
your every moment.
吾承認
I admit that
那折磨吾的異常憂愁的心境
much of the peculiar gloom which afflicts me could be traced
會引吾飽受嚴重、持續而漫長的病魔侵蝕
to a severe and long continued illness.
談及溫柔可愛的舍妹,瑪德琳
I speak of my tenderly beloved sister, Madeline.
多年來吾之唯一伴侶
My sole companion for so many long years,
吾在世間
my last
僅有的、最後一個依靠
and only relative on earth.
羅德里克是如此的痛苦
Roderick spoke with such bitterness,
令我爲之戰慄
which made me shudder.
現在,我可以認爲
電影精選列表