從三歲起 我就夢想着和我的偶像伊萊·曼寧一樣
Ever since I was 3, I wanted to play quarterback for the New York Giants,
在紐約巨人隊打四分衛
like my personal hero, Eli Manning.
年薪在一千萬到兩千萬之間
Annual salary is between 10 and 20 million dollars a year.
謝謝
Thank you.
下一個是...瑞德
Next up... Reed?
理查德斯先生
Mr. Richards.
到你了 理查德斯
Earth to Richards.
把我傳送回去吧 斯科特
Beam me up, Scotty.
-好了好了 同學們 -對不起
-Okay, come on guys. -Oh, sorry.
奧伊斯特貝, 紐約 2007
OYSTER BAY, NEW YORK 2007
等我長大了
When I grow up,
我要做人類歷史上第一個用時空傳送自己的人
I want to be the first person in human history to teleport himself.
不好意思 你說什麼
I'm sorry, what?
從一個地方向另一個地方傳送量子信息已經成爲可能
It's already possible to transport quantum information from one location to another.
現在 又有超級電腦可以
Right now, there are supercomputers that can transport
向太空中傳送量子信息
quantum information through space,
所以爲什麼就不能有機器把人類傳送到外太空呢
so why not a machine that can send people through space?
好吧 即使你可以造出這種東西 當然你造不出
Well, even if you could build the thing, which you can't.
我已經造出來了
I've already built it.
好吧 我正在造 在我的車♥庫♥裏
Well, I'm building it. In my garage.
所以是就在你的小飛車旁邊嗎
Is it next to your flying car?
那臺車我已經不研究了 現在我只研究這臺機器
I'm not working on that anymore. Just this now.
-我叫它 生物質能穿梭器 -生物質能...
-I call it, The Biomatter Shuttle. -Biomatter...
基本上來說 就是我要把物質從一個地方傳送到另一個地方
Technically, I'm shuttling matter from one place to another.
首先 物質
Well. First, matter.
一旦我試過生物材料 我就可以...
But once I test on biological materials, I can...
好了 非常感謝你 理查德斯先生
Alright. Well. thank you, Mr. Richards,
你說的都很有趣 但是我們的作業
This is all very interesting, but the assignment
是在現實世界中選一個真實的職業來完成
was to pick a real career in the real world.
重做報告吧 明天我會讓你再說一次
Redo the report and I'll let you try again tomorrow.
本
Ben?
格林姆回收站
GRIMM
這姑娘現在跟我住在一起 你想怎樣
The girl is living with me, so what're you going to do about it.?
那是誰
What was that?
-嘿 你去哪 -我有作業要寫
-Hey, where you going? -I got homework.
什麼 你看看那邊堆成山的廢舊冰箱
What? Look at that fridge pile.
-白♥癡♥ -你說什麼
-Idiot. -What'd you say?
嘿 胖揍時間到了
Hey! Clobberin' time.
過來 你想什麼呢
Come here. What'd you think?
竟敢這麼跟我說話
You think you can talk to me like that?
你以爲你可以這樣跟我說話嗎
Huh! You think you can talk to me like that?
-廢物 我要打... -你到底有什麼毛病
-Punk, I ought to beat... -What the hell's the matter with you?
靠
Shit.
媽媽
Ma.
我什麼都沒做
I didn't do nothing.
-媽媽 我發誓 -你什麼也沒做
-Ma, I swear to god. -You didn't do nothing.
你去看看後面什麼動靜
Go check on that fuss.
你什麼也沒做嗎 我可什麼都看見了
You didn't do nothing? I watched you.
你到底怎麼回事 我還要跟你說多少遍
What's the matter with you? How many times do I have to tell you,
-不許打小孩子 -媽媽 拜託別這樣
-you don't hit a kid. -Ma, please.
嘿
Hey!
有人嗎
Hello?
誰在裏面
Who's in there?
拜託別殺我
Please don't kill me.
把帽子摘下來
Take that off.
我在學校裏見過你
I know you, from school.
我只是在找一個整流器
I'm just looking for a power converter.
我在做東西
I'm building something.
-本 你那邊怎麼樣了 -等一下
-Ben! What's going on out there? -Hold on!
是時空傳送的那個嗎
That teleporting thing?
我可以給你看 我只是需要一個整流器
I can show it to you. I just need the converter.
好吧
All right.
快點 投球啊
Come on, throw the ball!
扔過去 扔過去
Throw the ball. Throw the ball.
德懷特那裏空了 快扔過去啊
Dwlight is open, throw the ball!
-就是那個嗎 -是的
-That it? -Yeah.
幫我一下
Help... me.
給你
Here you go.
那個回收站是你家的嗎
Your family owns a junkyard?
嗯
Mm-hm.
那地方棒呆了
That place is awesome.
給你這個 用這個頭來拆
Here, you're stripping the head.
所以 還有誰住這兒麼
So. Who else lives here?
就我媽媽 還有我繼父
Just my mom and stepdad.
他們不介意這些東西嗎
They don't care about all this?
他們根本不懂
They don't understand it.
你最好把耳朵捂上
You might want to cover your ears.
往後站一點兒
Stand back a little.
搞什麼 該死的
What the hell? Damn it.
沒事的 好了 好了 繼續
It's alright. Alright, alright, play on.
千萬別爆♥炸♥
Don't blow up.
千萬別爆♥炸♥啊
Don't blow up.
加油啊 那個人沒人防啊
Come on, man! The guy's open!
哦 瑞德 你幹了什麼
Whoa! Reed, what did you do?
就是現在
Now!
瑞德
Reed!
成功了嗎
Did it work?
這些石頭哪裏來的
Where the rocks come from?
從這輛車傳送去的那個地方吧
From the same place the car went to.
那是哪兒
Where is that?
我也不知道
I don't know yet.
瑞德
Reed.
怎麼了
What?
你瘋了
You're insane.
謝謝誇獎
Thanks.
七年後
7 YEARS LATER
理查德斯先生
Mr. Richards.
我是不是要先通知一下消防隊
Shall I alert the fire department?
這是什麼
What is this?
這是一個聲波具象化物質傳送機
Uh, this is a Cymatic Matter Shuttle.
我和我的助手本自從五年級在我家車♥庫♥
Uh, me and my associate, Ben, have been working on it
完成了測試版以後 就一直在研究這個
every day since fifth grade when we launched the beta version in my garage.
今天是我們第一次公開展示
And today is our first public demonstration.
它能幹什麼
What does it do?
它可以通過調節物體的頻率把它在兩個地點之間進行傳送
It modulates the frequency of matter from one location to another and back again.
-這是一個傳送門 -傳送門
-It's a teleporter. -A teleporter.
把模型車給我
Model car, please.
模型車 那輛模型車給我啊 本
The model... the model car, please, Ben.
-我沒帶那輛車 -你爲什麼不帶模型車啊
-I don't have the model car. -Why don't you have the model car?
-我以爲我把該帶的都帶了 -我有特別跟你說啊
-I thought I brought everything. -I specifically said.
發生了什麼 理查德斯先生
What? Mr. Richards?
好吧 那我用這架模型飛機
Okay, I will use this model plane.
嘿 我只要借用...一下就可以了
Hey, I just need to use this for... one second,
我保證然後我會它還回來的 謝謝
but I'll give it back. I promise, thanks.
來吧
Here we go.
本 開始吧
Ben. Please.
你最好把耳朵捂上
You may want to cover your ears.
-非常好 現在 本 把它弄回來 -好的
-Great. Now Ben, bring it on back. -Yeah.
-哦 繼續捂着吧 -好了 我們繼續
-Oh, keep them covered. -All right, come on.
拜託 別這樣
Come on. Don't do this.
哦 好了
Oh! Okay.
現在 請聽我講解
Now if I can have your attention please.
各位現在看到的 可能是中國甘肅沙漠中的沙子
What you're looking at, is sand presumably from the Gansu desert in China,
-或者是撒哈拉沙漠的 -你被取消資格了
-or perhaps even from the Sahara. -You're disqualified.
-我們還不完全確定 -理查德斯先生
-We're not entirely sure. -Mr. Richards.
-怎麼了 -你被取消資格了
-Yeah? -You're disqualified.
等一等 什麼
Wait, what?
這是一個科學討論會 不是一個魔術比賽
This is a science fair not a magic competition.
我在這找不到任何科學性可言
I don't see any real science here.
而且你還要賠償籃板的損失
And you're paying for the backboard.
電影精選列表