片名:堅韌的刺刀/刺刀出鞘(1951)
Hey, did you hear what happened?
哎,你們聽說了嗎?
The general went up in the line companies. A shell got his jeep.
將軍來前線的時候, 乘坐的吉普被炮彈擊中了.
He's in the C.P. getting patched up.
他現在在救護站包紮呢..
I had a general like that in the last war. General McNair, remember him?
還記得嗎,二次大戰時候 的那個McNair將軍嗎?
Got hit in Africa and killed in France.
在非洲捱了炮彈, 最後死在法國.
Top brass is supposed to use their brains.
這些高級將領, 他們腦子一定是壞掉了.
They got too much responsibility taking chances getting their tails shot off.
這樣的負傷 他們自己要付很大責任.
When you've been in this outfit a little longer, Buster,
混小子,你在部隊裏多呆些時間,
you'll find out it takes more than brains to be a general.
就會知道要能當上將軍 要的不僅僅是頭腦,
You got to have the guts to lead.
更需要有勇氣.
Hello, General. Help yourself.
你好,將軍. 請隨便吧.
Hi, General. Hello, Colonel.
你好,將軍. 你好,上校l.
What happened to the 16th Infantry?
第16步兵團是怎麼回事?
The line was out, sir. Finally made contact. Colonel Taylor will be here any minute.
線路故障,長官.已經聯♥系♥上了. 泰勒上校馬上就到.
What kind of shape is the 18th in? We're under strength, sir.
18步兵團情況如何?
Morale's high, but the ammo's low.
力量不足,長官. 士氣很好,但彈♥藥♥不多了.
Twentysixth? We're chewed up too, sir.
26步兵團呢?我們也很擔心,長官.
Danger Forward.
前方有危險。
General Allen, sir.
長官,是艾倫將軍.
Yes, sir. This is Danger 6.
喂,我是 Danger 6.
Soon as Colonel Taylor gets here, we're in business, sir.
長官,泰勒上校一到, 我們就開始行動.
Yes, sir.
是,長官.
They're getting jumpy back at army.
共♥軍♥在我們後面緊追不捨.
Hello, Taylor. Hello, General.
你好,泰勒. 你好,將軍.
Got pinned down on the road. Sniper got my driver.
我們在路上被耽擱了.-司機被狙擊手打中了.
Bad? Dead.
傷得重嗎?他死了.
How's the arm, sir? Still on.
胳膊怎麼樣?還在.
All right, we've been ordered to withdraw.
好了,我們接到命令撤退.
The boys upstairs want the whole division pulled back right away.
上面要全師立即撤退.
What do you think our chances are of ever getting back to this area?
你認爲我們能撤回到這裏嗎?
It'll be rough, sir. It means getting across this river.
很困難,長官. 這樣就必須過這條江.
There's a bridge right there at that point. It's the only exit open.
在這有座橋, 是目前唯一可通行的退路.
Then we got to get to that bridge,
那我們一定得趕到那座橋,
cross it and blow it up to give us a breather.
過去後就把橋炸了,這樣就可以喘息一下.
Once we're reinforced, we'll hit 'em like they've never been hit before.
得到增援後,我們再殺回來, 給敵軍以前所未有的重擊.
John, how's the enemy picture look? Very strong, General.
約翰,敵軍情況如何?十分強大,長官.
If I were the enemy and became aware of your withdrawal from here to there,
如果我是敵人...並警覺到你要從這撤到這的話,
I'd start a full-scale attack.
我肯定會發起一次全面的進攻.
The Reds have got two armoured divisions here,
共♥產♥黨在這有2個裝甲師...
a field division here and elements of a regiment behind this hill.
這有1個軍團,這山頭後面 還有1個精銳步兵團.
Now, once we start moving along this road to the river,
現在,一旦我們開始 沿着這條通往大江方向的公路轉移,
the Reds'll form an iron triangle that'll trap us and smash us in the gut
共♥軍♥部隊就將結成一個鐵三角, 把我們圍在其中並殲滅...
unless they didn't know we were withdrawing.
除非他們沒發現我們在撤退.
Well, in that case...
呃,在那種情況下
we'll have to withdraw without the Reds knowing about it.
我們必須在 不被共♥軍♥發現的情況下撤退.
You should be evacuated, sir. You're liable to lose your arm.
你得疏散到後方去,長官. 否則你的胳膊就保不住了.
I'm more worried about losing my division.
我更擔心的是我的師的安全.
Now clean it, dress it, tape it and forget it.
現在給我清洗一下,包紮好,不要再說了.
Will you hold that, sir?
長官,你自己壓一下傷口?
There's only one way we can pull this off. That's rear-guard action.
只有一種解決方法-後衛行動.
We'll have to put up a front and fool them.
我們要建立一條防線騙過共♥軍♥.
We'll have to make them think our rear-guard is not a delaying action
讓他們以爲碰到的 是師部的前進警戒哨.
but a forward outpost to this division's bivouac.
而不是在執行阻滯任務的後衛.
General, the spot is there. Now, I looked over this terrain yesterday.
將軍,那個點在這. 我昨天去看過這塊地形.
The hills are steep on both sides of this pass
這個山口兩邊的山都很陡,
and the road narrows down so that only one tank at a time can get through.
公路逐漸變窄, 一次只能過1輛坦克.
If we move down that road, around that bend
如果我們沿公路撤下來時,
and set up a roadblock right here at Bayonet Pass,
就在這山口的轉彎處設置路障
we stand a chance.
那我們就還有機會.
I suggest we leave a full regiment to hold the pass
我看我們最好 放1個團來守這個山口.
so the enemy won't suspect that we're pulling back the division.
這樣敵軍就不會懷疑 我們正在把全師都撤下來,
Yes, but what happens to the regiment after the division is across the river?
不錯,可是師主力過河後 這個團又怎麼辦呢?
That might be just as costly for a regiment to try to pull back as a division.
要把這個團撤下來所花的代價, 不會比把全師撤下來少到哪裏去.
We can do it with a battalion or a company.
我們可以只用1個營 或1個連兵力來完成這任務.
It should be a small, specially selected unit of platoon strength.
它應該是一個小的,特別挑選的排兵力單位。
Forty-eight of our toughest, most experienced combat men.
48個人但必須是精心挑選的 最富有實戰經驗的人組成的排,
It would mean sacrificing less men in a gamble
這樣,如果成功的話, 我們犧牲的人更少,
and an easier withdrawal for the group if successful.
而全師的撤退卻更容易,
In other words, what you're saying is
你的意思也就是說,
if we can make a platoon sound and look like a regiment, it'll work.
如果能讓這個排聽起來象一個團, 看起來也象1個團的話,就能成功.
Yes, sir.
沒錯,長官.
Well, that's it. Order the division to move out right away.
好吧,就這樣. 命令全師立刻出發.
Get me the threes: Dagwood, Decoy and Dextrose.
給我接3個團團長: 達格伍德,誘餌和葡萄糖。
Chuck? This is Vic. Hold on.
查克嗎? 我是維克,別掛電♥話♥.
Pete? Hold on. We're waiting for Dagwood.
彼特嗎?別掛電♥話♥. 就差Dagwood了.
Carl? Vic. We're pulling out right away.
卡爾嗎?我是維克. 我們馬上就要撤退了.
Dagwood line of departure: 3-9-5-2-3-7.
Dagwood團出發位置:3-9-5-2-3-7,
Yep. They're here now.
對,他們都在這兒.
Nope, no time. Get them on the road.
不,沒時間了. 把部隊帶上公路,
Somebody's got to get left behind to get their bayonets wet.
得有人留下來殿後.
It's tough picking out an outfit, but it's got to be picked.
要挑支部隊出來是很爲難, 但必須得這樣做.
Colonel Taylor. Sir?
泰勒上校. 長官?
Pick a platoon out of your regiment.
從你們團挑個排出來.
I know there's nothing dirtier than a rear-guard action,
我知道沒什麼任務 比殿後更差勁的了.
especially at platoon strength.
尤其是隻有1個排.
But in this case, it's 48 men, unlucky men, maybe,
但目前的形勢下, 這48個人,不走運的人
giving 15,000 men a break.
能給15,000人創造機會.
Get going. Yes, sir.
去吧. 是,長官.
All right, let me know if you need any more ammo.
好了,如果你需要彈♥藥♥就通知我.
Cover that gun.
把機♥槍♥遮起來.
Dig those mines in deep.
把地雷埋深點.
Charlie, plant a.50 over there. To your right!
查理,在那架挺12.7mm機♥槍♥, 就在你右邊!
What I don't understand is why we're on a patrol.
我不明白我們爲什麼要來巡邏.
I know the enemy is here. I don't need any proof. I ain't from Missouri.
我知道敵人就在附近. 這不需要什麼證據,我又不是密蘇里州人.
You're from Missouri?
你是密蘇里州人?
You don't know what's going on half the time.
哎, Ramirez,你怎麼經常糊里糊塗的?
Right now, I don't know what's going on all the time. Hey, Denno.
現在,我也不明白這到底是怎麼了. 嘿,鄧諾
Huh? The sarge likes you.
嗯? 中士喜歡你.
Fix it up for us to go back and help the platoon throw up the roadblock, huh?
你去跟他說說,讓我們轉回去, 給排裏幫忙把路障弄起來怎樣?
We got to use our heads and make these Reds think regiment's behind us.
我們得動腦子,想想辦法 讓朝鮮人以爲我們後面有一個團.
They won't fall for that kind of mishmash.
喔,他們不會上這種當的.
Hey, Rock, what if they find out that the regiment ain't sitting behind us?
哎,洛克,萬一他們發現 我們後面根本沒有什麼兵力會怎樣?
What if they hit us with a lot of guys? Who'll hold them back, the platoon?
如果他們大舉進攻, 我們怎麼擋住他們?就我們排?
They won't hit us with a lot of guys.
他們不會大舉進攻的.
They'll smell us out first, try and find out our strength.
他們會先試探我們, 企圖查明我們的力量,
We'll run into some small patrols. Maybe one joker,
我們可能會撞到些小股偵察隊, 可能1個,
maybe two, maybe three.
2個,或是3個人
But whatever happens, we don't want them to find out
但不管發生什麼事, 我們不能讓他們發現...
we're just a small rear-guard holding a delaying action.
我們不過是執行阻滯任務的 小股後衛部隊.
Rearguard? That's us? Yep.
後衛?是說我們嗎? 對.
What is this rear-guard?
後衛是幹麼的?
The object of the rear-guard is to check enemy pursuit and harassment
後衛的任務就是 阻擊敵人的追擊和騷擾,
and thus allow the main body to retire unmolested.
進而保證大部隊不受干擾的撤退.
Hey, what did he say? He said rearguard.
呃,他剛說什麼? 他說的是後衛.
That how you got those two stripes, Denno, memorising the book?
你的兩道槓就是這麼掙來的吧, 鄧諾.你還記得書本的內容?
All right, you guys, knock it off.
好了,別說了.
Remember, the man on his belly out here looks like snow.
記住,趴在雪地上才能隱蔽自己.
A man standing up looks like a man.
站着就會成爲最佳的靶子.
Easy.
別急.
The minute they spot us, they'll hit us and run.
他們一看到我們,就會向我們開火,
They won't take any chances hanging around.
然後立即開溜.不會冒險在附近停留.
We gotta make a lot of noise. We gotta sound like a regiment.
我們得多弄出點聲音, 要弄得我們象有1個團一般.
Hey, look what I found, dry socks!
嘿,看我找到什麼了,幹襪子!
I smell more people... real close.
還有人,離得很近.
Fix bayonets.
上刺刀.
You heard the man. Fix your knife.
沒聽到嗎,上刺刀.
Okay, you guys, spread out and dig for money.
好了,大家散開, 好好找找,看敵人在哪.
If you don't see anything, shoot anyway.
就算什麼也沒看見,也開槍射擊.
Denno, that'll be your hole. Dig.
鄧諾,你去那挖散兵坑.
'A little to the right. Hold on. Not yet.