我們可不騙人,觀衆們.
We didn't lie to you, folks.
我告訴過你們我們擁有活生生的會呼吸的怪物.
We told you we had living,breathing, monstrosities.
你們一定會開懷大笑,或是被嚇得發抖,當然還有更多奇妙的體驗
You'll laugh at them,shudder at them, and yet,
...如果誰要是投錯了胎,
...but for the accident of birth,
...一定就會變得跟他們一樣了.
...you might be even as they are.
他們也不是自個想變成怪物的...
They did not ask to be brought into the world...
...但是他們沒有辦法選擇.
...but into the world they came.
他們的外表就是他們生存的法則
Their code is a law unto themselves
冒犯了他們之中的任何一個,
Offend one,
你就等於冒犯了他們所有人.
and you offend them all.
現在,尊敬的觀衆們,
And now, folks,
如果你們準備好了觀看錶演,你們將會見證這最讓人震驚的場面,
if you'll just step this way,you are about to witness the most amazing,
...最讓人毛骨悚然的,各式各樣的畸形人.
...the most astounding,living monstrosity of all time.
朋友們,
Friends,
...她曾經是個美麗的女人.
...she was once a beautiful woman.
一位皇室的王子曾爲了她開槍自殺.
A royal prince shot himself for love of her.
人們把她比作會飛的孔雀...
She was known as the peacock of the air...
她是我見過的最美麗最高挺的女人.
She's the most beautiful big woman I have ever seen.
漢斯,該死的你都在說些什麼呢!我會害羞的.
Why, Hans, how you talk!I should be jealous pretty soon.
哦,別害羞.
Ah, don't be silly.
別害羞?
Don't be silly?
我想這個女人正盯着我的漢斯.
I think this woman's making eyes at my Hans.
當然,我纔不會嫉妒呢.
Of course, I ain't jealous.
哦, 弗裏達, 我親愛的,我心裏只有一個女人...
Oh, Frieda, my dear, I have eyes for only one woman...
...就那個會成爲我的妻子的女人.
...the woman I ask to be my wife.
你在嘲笑我嗎?
Are you laughing at me?
不不不,
monsieur. Why no, monsieur.
那還好.
Then I'm glad.
我怎麼會笑你呢?
Why should I laugh at you?
很多高大的人都這麼樣.他們從來沒有意識到我也是個男人,
Most big people do.They don't realize I'm a man,
...他們每個人的想法都是一樣的.
...with the same feelings they have.
謝謝.
Thank you.
你人真好,
monsieur. You are so kind, monsieur.
真好真好.
Nice, nice.
去,去
Don't, don't.
過些時候來見我,
You must come to see me sometime,
...我們一起喝點葡萄酒.
...and we'll have a little wine together.
謝謝
Thank you
...這只是你的幻想.
...only your imagination.
但是Monsieur Dubois,
首先,我甚至都不能相信我自己的眼睛. But Monsieur Dubois, at first,I could not believe my own eyes.
許多可怕的,扭曲的東西,畫布,金雀花,還有各種其他的事物.
A lot of horrible, twisted things crawling,whining,globbering.
真的嗎,Jon,你昨晚喝了什麼?
Really, Jon, what were you drinking last night?
什麼也沒喝,monsieur,我向你保證
.Nothing,monsieur,I assure you.
哦,monsieur,我想法國一定有這麼一條條例...
Oh, monsieur, there must be a law in France...
...以限制怪物出生,
...to smother such things at birth,
...或者把他們關起來
...or lock them up
好吧, Jon,
All right, Jon,
...如果我的廣場上有任何東西如你所說的一樣,我們一定把它挪開
...if there's anything like you say on my grounds we'll have it removed.
滾開!
Go away!
全都給我滾開!
Go away all of you!
難道你不知道辮子和偷竊是一樣的令人厭惡嗎
Don't you know tresspassing's the same as stealing.
哦,真對不起,
monsieur. Oh, I'm sorry, monsieur.
我是熱帶魚夫人.這些都是我馬戲團的孩子們.
I am Madame Tetrallini.These are children of my circus.
孩子!怪物!
Children! Monsters!
哦,你們是馬戲團的. 我明白了.
Oh, you're a circus. I understand.
正如你所見,
monsieur, So you see, monsieur,
...如果我有機會的話,我真想正大光明的把他們帶到陽光下
...when I have a chance I like to take them into the sunshine
...讓他們像個孩子一樣玩耍.
...and let them play like children.
其實他們大多是還都是...
That is what most of them are...
...孩子.
...children.
孩子...孩子.
Children...children.
請你忘了這個誤會,夫人.我很高興你能繼續留下來.
Please forget the mistake, madame.You are welcome to remain.
Au revoir.
來吧, Jon. Au revoir. Come, Jon.
太感謝了,monsieur.
Thanks a thousand, monsieur.
哦,多麼可恥.
Oh, shame, shame, shame.
告訴你多少次了不要這麼容易害怕
How many times have I told you not to be frightened.
難道我沒有告訴過你上帝會照顧好他的每個孩子嗎?
Have I not told you God looks after all his children?
晚安,熱帶魚夫人
Good evening Madam Tetralini
你好,熱帶魚夫人?今晚真是擠...
How are you Madam Tetralini? Big crowd tonight...
她帶他們下去練習了.
There she goes taking them off to exercise.
看護一大堆的骯髒的畸形兒.
Nurse to a lot of mangy freaks.
哈哈!他們可要舉着旗幟抗♥議♥了
Ah ha! Just as they are represented on the banners,
你會在後臺看到他們,這些活生生的怪物
you will meet them on the inside...living, breathing monstrosities:
約瑟芬-約瑟夫,一半女人,一半男人.
Josephine-Joseph,half woman, half man.
來根雪茄,約瑟夫?
Have a cigar, Joseph?
你的口紅掉了, 約瑟芬.
You dropped your lipstick, Josephine.
可別揭他的瘡疤啊,要不他會一拳打在你的鼻尖上.
Don't get her sore or he'll punch you in the nose.
來吧,快點!
Come on! Hurry up!
你們都錯了.我沒,沒,從沒這麼幹過.
You're all wrong.I didn't d-d-do it.
你們在做什麼, 很有趣嗎?
What are you trying to do, be funny?
啊,你們是不會明白的.
Ah, you just d-don't understand.
一個羅馬女士從公牛身上下來,不巧自己的臉劃傷了!
A Roman lady getting off the bull and scratching yourself!
難道羅馬女士不能找粉刺嗎,切?
Well, c-can't a Roman lady itch?
你爲什麼不洗個澡.
Why don't you take a bath.
我洗過了,不過公牛需要洗一個
I did, but it's the bull that needs the b-b-bath.
我想她喜歡你...
I think she likes you...
..但是他不喜歡.
...but he d-don't.
哦漢斯, 你送給我的那些花,真是太美了
Oh Hans, those flowers you sent to me...they were beautiful!
但是沒有一朵比你還美.
But none as beautiful as you.
哦,謝謝.
Oh, thank you.
漢斯,我不喜歡問太多,
And Hans, I don't like to ask,
...我能得到那一千塊貸款嗎?在我取到從巴黎寄來的錢之前
...but may I have the loan of another thousand franks until my money from Paris arrives?
當然可以, 芙蘭.
With pleasure, fraeulein.
真是謝謝你.
Thank you.
我今晚拿到你的貨車去.
I'll bring it to your wagon tonight.
哦,別提了,別提了.也許是我犯傻了.
Oh forget it, forget it.Maybe I was just fooling.
犯傻?
Fooling? Fooling, huh?
"來吧小姑娘, 我想好好照顧你"我覺得我該這麼做!
"Come little girl, I want to take care of you." Oh, and I fell for that!
算了吧,算了.
Ah forget it, forget it.
你不要了? 真的嗎?
So you're quitting? Is that it?
我想是我犯傻了.
Maybe I'm only fooling.
不過這可不是你要甩了我,是我要把你踢出去!
Well you're not quitting me,'cause I'm kicking you out!
哦?
Oh?
哦,不,別這樣.
Oh no you don't.
我把這給你.
I gave you this.
你幹嘛這麼下♥賤♥...!
Oh! Why you cheap...! Oh!
爲什麼今晚你不來這哭上一晚呢,試着回到這裏來.
And don't you come around crying tonight,trying to get back in.
我確實是在你這樣的女人身上浪費時間和金錢
I'm through wasting my time and money on dames like you.
是啊,浪費你時間了,不過浪費的可是我的錢
Yeah, you're time, but my money!
忘恩負義的小雜種.
Ungrateful little tramp.
你在看什麼?沒見過美女啊?
Well, what are you staring at? Didn't you ever see a lady move before?
我想你聽到他所說的每一句話了.
I guess you been listening to every word he said.
對了,笑吧,笑吧.多麼有趣,不是嗎.
That's it. That's it, go ahead and laugh.It's funny ain't it.
女人們很有趣,不是嗎.
Women are funny, ain't they.
他們都是些小婊♥子♥,是的.除非你能給她們出錢她們才變乖.
They're all tramps, ain't they. Yeah. Except when you can get money from them.
嘿嘿嘿,等會...
Well, I'll be...
你把你當成什麼了.
Say, who do you think you are, shooting off your hat.
嘿,這是Phroso...你正在和大名鼎鼎的Phroso講話!
Hey, this is Phroso...Phroso you're talking to!
你把我當什麼了
Not any of those lugs you been chasing around with.
現在聽我說..
Now you listen to me..
哦,我不是針對你.我只是想找個人發泄一下.
Oh, I didn't mean you.I had to take it out on somebody.
是的,你們女人都是這樣.
Yeah, you dames is all alike.
讓我先把妝化了,每次你都要這樣不停的哭喊嗎.
You sharp shoot your cheeks,and how you squeal when you get what's coming to you.
放輕鬆.別哭了!
Aw, easy. Take it easy. Cut it!
這都是我的錯.
It's my own fault.
爲什麼我會如此傷心反常,還不是那個蠻牛的關係
What gets me so cockeyed sore at myself is that I fell for that big bunch of beef.
現在你已經清醒了,不是嗎 So you finally got wise to yourself, did you?
女人真是奇怪的動物...
Funny thing about you women...
...年輕的時候你們總是沒頭沒腦,直到人老珠黃的時候才發現耗盡了青春
...most of you don't get wise soon enough.You wait until you're so old nobody wants you.
人總要清醒的.
Nobody does most of the time.
是啊,你和他在一起簡直是自斷前程