槍聲充斥着整個城市
There have been shots fired.
洛杉磯地區正發生着平民騷亂
Total civil unrest is happening throughout the Los Angeles area.
大量警♥察♥湧向街頭
Dozens of police are running down the streets.
煙霧籠罩着整個城市
Smoke reigned over the entire city.
我們要提醒所有在南中心市區的人們
We're telling anybody who's in downtown South Central...
目前已超過38人死亡
There are 38 dead and more than...
緊急醫療救援小隊艱難地進入到
The EMT are having a hard time getting in...
自♥由♥作家
卡車司機丹尼雷金納德被拖出車外
where truck driver Reginald Denny was pulled from his vehicle...
給我正義 給我和平
加尼弗尼亞 洛杉磯 1992年
這個城市就像一個戰區
The city resembles a war zone.
人羣聚集到市區帕克中心
Crowds gathered at Parker Center downtown.
在好萊塢多家商店被搶
here in Hollywood, where looters have struck many businesses.
已有3600間房♥屋被燒
There have been 3,600 structural fires.
濃密的黑煙從無數的火堆中升起
Thick, black smoke rising from the countless fires
在羅德尼·金
騷亂後的一個月之內
又有120人在長島喪生
好萊塢市中心 康普敦 瓦茨 長灘
in Hollywood, downtown, Compton, Watts and Long Beach...
幫派暴♥力♥空前猖獗
種族間的局勢空前緊張
改編自伍德羅·威爾森.H.S 203班級學生的日記
作文 名字/編號♥ 嬡娃的日記
在美國
In America,
憑藉美貌與幽雅
a girl can be crowned a princess
一個女孩子可以成爲公主
for her beauty and her grace.
但阿茲臺克的公主是由她的血統決定
But an Aztec princess is chosen for her blood...
嬡娃
Eva?
嬡娃 爸爸是怎麼跟你說的
如巴比和他的父親一樣爲人♥民♥而戰
to fight for her people, as Papi and his father fought
與那些說我們低他們一等
against those who say we are less than they are,
說我們缺少他們的美貌和上帝眷顧的人而戰鬥
who say we are not equal in beauty and in blessings.
那個時候是我第一天上學
It was the first day of school,
我在等父親把我送上公交車
and I was waiting for my father to take me to the bus.
羅伯特
Roberto!
嬡娃
Eva!
然後我第一次目睹了戰爭
And I saw the war for the first time.
嬡娃 嬡娃
Eva! Eva!
警♥察♥ 開門
Police! Open up!
他們以報復罪抓走了我的父親
They took my father for retaliation.
他是清白的 但他們帶走了他
He was innocent, but they took him,
因爲他受我們的人尊敬
because he was respected by my people.
他們稱我們的人爲黑幫 是因爲我們爲我們的美國而戰
They called my people a gang because we fight for our America.
站起來
On your feet!
當我開始我的幫派生活時
When I got my initiation into the gang life,
我成了第三代
I became third generation.
在他們的毆打下你變得堅強
They beat you so you won't break.
他們是我的家人
They are my family.
在長灘 一切取決於你的膚色
In Long Beach, it all comes down to what you look like.
如果你是拉丁美洲人 亞洲人或黑人
If you're Latino or Asian or black,
每次出門你都有可能被殺
you could get blasted any time you walk out your door.
我們彼此爲領地而戰
We fight each other for territory.
我們爲種族榮譽和尊嚴而互相撕殺
We kill each other over race, pride and respect.
我們爲本屬於自己的而戰
We fight for what is ours.
他們以爲這一刻將我踩在腳下就贏了
They think they're winning by jumping me now,
很快他們所有人都將滅亡
but soon they're all going down.
戰爭宣告開始
War has been declared.
-喝杯咖啡 -謝謝
-Here's your coffee. -Thank you.
一年級 1994年
我非常希望你過目一下我的教學計劃
I brought my lesson plans. I'd love it if you'd look them over.
好的 這些是你開始要教的課程
Yes, and these are the classes you'll start with.
教一年級英語 四個班 一共150名學生
Freshman English, four classes, about 150 students in all.
一些人剛從少管所出來
Some of them are just out of juvenile hall.
一兩個可能還被帶着腳銬以便監控他們的行蹤
One or two might be wearing ankle cuffs to monitor their whereabouts.
你得明白 我們要修改一下你的教學計劃
And you see here, we'll have to revise your lesson plans.
如果你看了他們的分數 那麼這些詞彙列表
And if you look at their scores, these vocabulary lists
還有一些書 比如荷馬的《奧德賽》
and some of these, the books, Homer's The Odyssey,
對他們來說難度太大
they're gonna be too difficult for them.
好吧
All right.
還有 對於大部分來到這裏的學生
Also, for most of them to get here
幾乎要花90分鐘乘三輛公車才能到校
it takes three buses, almost 90 minutes each way.
天哪
My God.
所以如果是我就不會給他們太多作業
So I wouldn't give them too much of a homework load.
不然你是浪費大量時間 做些喫力不討好的工作
You'll just be wasting a lot of time following up on overdue work.
好的 謝謝
All right. Thank you.
-你來自新港海灘 -是的
-You're from Newport Beach? -Yes.
很可惜你兩年前沒來這裏
It's too bad you weren't here even two years ago, you know.
我們曾是這個地區 教學分數最高的學校之一
We used to have one of the highest scholastic records in the district,
但自從實行自願混合措施以來
but since voluntary integration was suggested,
我們失去了75%的最佳學生
we've lost over 75% of our strongest students.
其實我選擇威爾遜高中 就是因爲這個混合項目
Well, actually, I chose Wilson because of the integration program.
我認爲這裏正在發生的 一切都很刺♥激♥ 你說呢
I think what's happening here is really exciting, don't you?
我父親參與了民權運
My father was involved in the civil rights movement.
我還記得當時我在電視上看到洛杉磯騷亂
And I remember when I was watching the LA riots on TV,
那時我就想去上法律學校
I was thinking of going to law school at the time.
後來我認爲
And I thought, "God, by the time
"等到你在法庭上爲孩子辯護的時候
"you're defending a kid in a courtroom,
我們已經失去了戰爭"
the battle's already lost."
我認爲真正的鬥爭應該在課堂上
I think the real fighting should happen here in the classroom.
那可真是
Well, that's a very
充滿激♥情♥的表述
well-thought-out phrase.
艾林
Erin,
我認爲你是個可愛聰明的女人
I think you're a lovely, intelligent woman.
但你是第一次當教師
But you're a first-time teacher.
作爲這個部門的頭 我得十分確定
As head of this department, I have to be confident
你能勝任應付我們現在面臨的一切
you're capable of dealing with what we have to face here.
我能行
I am.
我知道作爲教師還要學習很多東西
I know I have a lot to learn as a teacher,
但我是個很優秀的學生
but I'm a really good student.
我真的希望能留在這裏
I am, and I really want to be here.
-珍珠很好看 -謝謝 我父親送的
-Those are lovely pearls. -Thank you. From my father.
我不會帶着這個進教室
I wouldn't wear them to class.
寶貝
Honey?
怎麼了
What?
我看起來像個老師嗎
Do I look like a teacher?
"豬頭"
嘿
Hey!
"傑出的學生 榮譽班級"
"格魯威爾老師"
嘿 克里斯 怎麼了
Hey, Chris, yo, what up?
-你好 -你好
-Hello. -Hello.
嘿 夥計我們坐這裏
Hey, yo, let's sit right here, man.
嗨
Hi.
嘿 女人 你想搖一下給我來些油炸
Hey, girl, you wanna give me some fries with that shake?
我的名字是艾林·格魯威爾 歡迎來到大一英語課
My name is Erin Gruwell. Welcome to Freshman English.
我打賭這娘們熬不過一星期
I give this bitch a week.
嗨
Hi.
好了 布蘭迪·羅斯
Okay. Brandy Ross?
格洛里亞·穆尼
Gloria Munez.
亞歷桑德羅·聖地亞哥
Alejandro Santiago.
安德烈·布賴恩特
Andre Bryant.
嬡娃·本尼特絲
Eva Benitez.
嬡娃 不是伊娃
Eva, not Eva.
嬡娃
Eva.
我要去廁所
I have to go to the bathroom.
-記住帶上 -我知道
-Okay, make sure that you take a... -Yeah, I know.
本·塞繆爾
Ben Samuels?
這白色人♥渣♥看是進錯了教室
That white boy hoping he's in the wrong room.
我要趕快離開這個教室
I gotta get out of here.
-信德·尼戈爾 -這裏
-Sindy Ngor. -Right here.
是這樣讀嗎
Is that correct?
-賈馬爾·希爾 -夥計 我在這裏到底幹什麼
-Jamal Hill? -Man, what am I doing in here?
這個垃圾班級還有人來
This whole ghetto-ass class has got people in here
就像一堆屎
looking like a bad rerun of Cops and shit.
你知道我說什麼 這是事實
You know what I'm saying? It's true.
-你是賈馬爾 -是
-Are you Jamal? -Yeah.
他們把你安排在這個教室肯定有一些理由
電影精選列表