Mom? Are you awake? Mom?
媽?你醒着嗎?
ZoZo? What are you doing up? It's still early.
柔柔,你起來幹嘛? 還這麼早
Go back to sleep. I can't. Olive is scared.
回去睡 我不行,奧莉害怕
Mom.
媽
Down here.
下面這裏
ZoZo, what are you doing under here?
柔柔,你在下面這裏幹嘛?
Mom, I told you, I don't like that stupid baby name anymore.
媽,我跟你說過 我不喜歡你再這麼叫我
My name's Zoe.
我的名字是柔伊
And I'm under here because I'm hiding.
我到這裏 是因爲我要躲起來
Olive said we had to hide. She dreamed they found us.
奧莉說我們得藏起來 她夢見他們找到我們
Who did?
誰?
The Breathers. Hey, what did we just talk about?
生者 我們剛說了什麼?
Our new rule, remember?
新規矩,記得嗎?
Rule number four. We're not allowed to talk about them anymore.
第四條,不準再談論他們
I didn't. Olive did.
我沒有,是奧莉
Well, you can tell Olive that no one found us.
你可以跟奧莉說 不會有人找到我們
Dad's been keeping watch all night, just like always. We're safe here.
爸爸跟往常一樣守了一整夜 我們在這裏很安全
You hear that, Olive?
你聽見了嗎,奧莉?
My smile is stuck. Her smile is stuck.
我的笑容僵掉了 她笑僵了
That means she doesn't want to be smiling anymore.
表示她不想再笑了
That means she's still scared.
表示她還是很害怕
Would it make Olive feel better if we went and checked with Dad?
若我們去跟爸爸確認 奧莉會舒服一點嗎?
It's okay.
沒關係
All right.
好
Come on.
來吧
It's okay.
沒關係
Mom, look.
媽,你看
That's just Dad. It doesn't look like Dad.
只有爸爸 看起來不像爸爸
Oh. Someone had another nightmare? Dad.
有人做噩夢了嗎? 爸
Hey, hey.
嘿
Thought we told those nightmares to go away. We did.
噩夢不是趕跑了 沒錯
Well, then why are you so scared? Better ask Olive about that.
那麼你爲何還這麼害怕? 最好問問奧莉
Oh, was it Olive this time, huh?
這次又是奧莉嗎?
How does she even sleep with her eyes open all the time?
她怎麼有辦法眼睛睜着睡?
Dad, don't be mean. I was just wondering.
爸,別這麼壞 我只是狐疑而已
She wants a report. Well, then I better consult my notes.
她要報告 我最好看一下我的記錄
My glasses, please.
麻煩我的眼鏡給我
Thank you.
謝謝
So my watch started at 10.
我手錶是十點開始
At 2, I played seven games of solitaire. Won four, lost three.
凌晨兩點時,我玩了七場接龍 四勝三敗
Lost four, won three. Ms. Zoe, you see right through me.
四敗三勝 柔伊小姐,你真是一眼就看穿我
At 5, a couple of deer ran overhead.
凌晨五點,兩隻鹿經過
And at 6 in the morning, I heard little footsteps.
早上六點,我聽見腳步聲
Possibly belonging to my rascal of a daughter. Hmm?
可能是我調皮的女兒
But other than that, nothing, not a creature was stirring, not even...
除此之外 沒有任何動靜,連…
A Breather? ZoZo.
生者呢? 柔柔
No, not even a...
沒有
you know. And the locks?
什麼都沒有 鎖呢?
They still hold fast? Do you wanna check?
夠牢嗎? 你想檢查一下嗎?
Can I? No.
可以嗎? 不行
Ray, I told you I don't want her going up there anymore.
雷,我說過不能讓她上去
What? This little monkey? She can handle it.
什麼?這隻小猴子? 她可以的
Yeah, I can handle it, Mom. I know the rules.
是啊,媽,我可以的 我知道規矩
One: Never be loud.
第一條,不準大聲
I know you know the rules. Two: Never lose control.
我知道你知道規矩 第二條:不能失控
Three: Never open the door. Four: Never talk about the Breathers.
第三條:不能開門 第四條:不能談論生者
Careful, ZoZo, your shoe. I got it, Mom.
小心,柔柔,你的鞋 沒問題,媽媽
Hold fast?
夠牢嗎?
Hold fast.
夠牢
Can't I just go barefoot?
我不能打赤腳過去嗎?
No, that wouldn't be right.
不行,這樣不對
Why not?
爲什麼不行?
Because we're not animals, Zoe.
因爲我們不是動物,柔伊
I need you to remember that.
我要你記住這點
But it's not like I'm going outside or anything.
但我又不是外出
Well, who needs to go outside when we brought the sun with us?
太陽都帶來了 誰還需要出門?
Another beautiful day, huh?
又是美好的一天不是嗎?
You wanna make it official?
你想正式點?
Not too hard, okay? I don't want you to slip.
別太用力,知道嗎? 我不想你滑倒
I got it, Mom.
媽媽,沒問題
Okay.
好
How many days is that? If you don't remember, just count them.
那是多少天? 如果不記得,就數一下
They're lined up in rows of 25. And there are how many rows?
一排是二十五天 一共多少排?
One, two, three, eight, nine. Twelve.
一、二、三、八、九 十二排
So 25 times 12 makes?
二十五乘以十二是多少?
Three hundred plus the one I just marked. So 301.
我畫了三百加一 所以是三百零一
That's it. See? Those math lessons are really paying off.
沒錯,你看吧 數學課沒白學
Give me a kiss. That means she's hungry.
親我一下 那表示她餓了
Let's see here. We've got hominy...
看看,我們有碎玉米
corn, potatoes, beans.
玉米、馬鈴薯、豆子
And peaches. Peaches. Definitely peaches.
桃子 桃子,那好,就桃子
You know, we had peaches yesterday.
昨天喫過桃子了
We can have them again tomorrow.
明天再喫吧
But I was thinking today, maybe we should try something with a little protein.
但我想今天該攝取一點蛋白質
Maybe beans for once. Ew, beans are the worst.
喫一次豆子吧 豆子很難喫
Dad. Beans or peaches? Yeah?
爸,豆子還是桃子? 什麼事?
Uh, I don't know.
我不知道
Peaches. Peaches sound pretty good to me.
桃子 桃子應該不錯吧
Ray.
雷
Uh, how about we take a vote? Ray.
我們投票決定如何? 雷
All those in favor of beans, please raise your hand.
贊成喫豆子的請舉手
One vote for beans. Now, all those in favor of deliciously sweet peaches, raise your hand.
豆子一票,贊成喫好喫 又甜桃子的人請舉手
Sorry, hon. Two against one.
親愛的,抱歉 二票對一票
Three.
是三票
Is Darlene acting up again? No, she's a tough gal.
達琳又在耍脾氣了嗎? 不,她很堅強
She just needs a little encouragement, that's all.
她只是需要一點鼓勵
There we go. Told you she was tough.
這裏,跟你說過她很堅強
Mom. Dad. The peaches are gone.
爸、媽,桃子不見了
Not funny, ZoZo. I'm serious. Someone stole them.
不好笑,柔柔 真的,被人偷走了
God. That's 12. That's 12 cans.
老天,十二罐
That's almost two weeks of rations.
幾乎是兩週的補給
There are no more peaches?
沒有桃子了?
Uh, no. No more peaches.
沒有了
Something must've been drawn to the sugar. Something with teeth.
有什麼愛喫甜食的東西來了 有牙齒的
What has teeth like that?
什麼東西有這樣的牙齒?
A rat, probably.
可能是老鼠
But a rat couldn't get in here. I checked the door. It's hold fast.
但老鼠進不來 我檢查過門,關很緊
The door is not the only way in.
門不是唯一的入口
Can the Breathers get in there too?
生者也能進來嗎?
ZoZo. Can they?
柔柔 能嗎?
No, they're too big to fit in there.
不,他們太大了進不來
But a rat could.
但老鼠可以
If it's a rat, it's still in here somewhere.
如果是老鼠 應該還在這裏面
We have to keep an eye out.
我們得留意
We have to find it before it steals any more food.
得在它偷其他食物前找到它
In the meantime, we'll have to cut down on our rations.
同時我們得縮減配給
Dad, they're already so small.
爸,他們已經很小了
I'm sorry, Zoe.
柔伊,很抱歉
I really am.
真的很抱歉
I'm not gonna ask you again. Eat.
我不會再講了,張口吃
Mom, I told you, I don't want stupid beans. Hey, remember rule number two.
媽,我說過,我不喫豆子 記得第二條規矩
Never lose control.
別失控
Never let anger take over. Rule number five: Never call me ZoZo.
別讓憤怒讓你失去冷靜 第五條:別叫我柔柔
I just wanted some peaches. A thief stole them.
我只想要喫桃子 小偷偷走了
And now we're all gonna have to give some things up.
現在我們只好放棄
I already have nothing.
我已經一無所有
I'm stuck in here. I can't even go outside.
我被困在這裏,不能出去
I don't have any friends except Olive and she can only say five things.
除了奧莉,我沒有任何朋友 而她只會說五件事
What about us? What?
我們呢? 什麼?
Well, you said you don't have any friends.
你說你沒朋友