基於真實事件
門羅縣 阿♥拉♥巴馬州
好了 開始切塊裝車吧
All right, let's chop and load.
晚上好 警官
Good evening, Officer.
你們要看我的駕照嗎
Y'all need my license or anything, huh?
不 沒必要
No, that's not necessary.
你的卡車看起來很炫酷
That's a sharp-looking truck you got.
是的 先生 謝謝您
Yes, sir. Thank you.
輪轂看起來要不少錢
Those rims look like they cost you a pretty penny.
你的老闆是誰
Who you been working for?
不 先生 我不爲別人工作
Oh, no, sir. I don't work for nobody.
我有自己的製漿生意
Got my own pulping business.
我把這附近的樹都清理乾淨了
You know, I clear out all these trees around here.
所以 你不用向老闆報告 是嗎
So, you ain't got no boss to check in with, huh?
那一定很不錯
That must be pretty nice.
可以在路上跑來跑去
Free to run up and down the road,
無論你什麼時候想去哪裏
wherever you want to, whenever you want to,
開着這輛豪華卡車都可以去
in this fancy truck.
如果我妻子不同意也不行
Hey, well, not if my wife got something to say about it.
是啊
Yeah.
但我聽說之前她也沒能阻攔你
I heard that ain't stopped you before, though.
對吧 約翰尼·D
Ain't that right, Johnny D.?
你想休息一下嗎
You want to make a break for it? Hmm?
不 先生 我不想做任何事
No, sir, I don't wanna do nothing...
因爲在你休息完之後
'Cause after what you done,
就沒有任何藉口逃脫這一切
I'm looking for any excuse to get this over with
就在這裏 就現在
right here, right now.
先生 我什麼都沒做
Sir, I ain't did nothing,
我覺得你們找錯人了
and I think y'all got the wrong person here.
你們把我
Y'all got me confused
和某個人搞混了 我想
with somebody. And I think...
我沒把你和任何人搞混
I ain't got you confused with nobody.
我跟這事沒關係
I don't have a thing to do with this.
先生 你把我和某人搞混了
Sir, you got me confused with somebody.
我沒做錯什麼
I ain't did nothing wrong.
我們都知道蒙羅維爾
We all know Monroeville
是個寧靜的小鎮
as the peaceful town
哈珀·李在此寫下了
where Harper Lee wrote
《殺死一隻知更鳥》
To Kill a Mockingbird.
去年 一場殘酷的犯罪打破了寧靜
Last year, that peace was shattered by a brutal crime.
在11月1日
On the 1st of November,
18歲的隆達·莫里森
18-year-old Ronda Morrison
被發現死於傑克遜洗衣店
was found dead at Jackson Cleaners.
莫里森被勒住並槍擊
Morrison had been strangled and shot
兇手是沃爾特·麥克米利安
by Walter McMillian,
當地人稱約翰尼·D
known locally as Johnny D.
麥克米利安被陪審團定罪
McMillian was convicted by a jury
被判無期徒刑
who recommended a life sentence.
但如今
But today,
法官羅伯特·E·李·基
Judge Robert E. Lee Key
推♥翻♥了陪審團的決定
overrode their decision
判處麥克米利安死刑
and sentenced McMillian to death.
蒙羅維爾治安官
Tom 泰特
我們向社區保證過
We promised the community
我們會找到他 我們找到了
that we would find him, and we did.
你在我鎮上犯了這樣的罪
You commit a crime like this in my town,
不管怎樣 你都要付出代價
one way or another, you're gonna pay for it.
如今麥克米利安在等待處決
As McMillian awaits execution
被關押在霍爾曼懲教所
at Holman Correctional Facility,
悲傷的社會在知道這些後
a grieving community can take some solace
可以得到些許安慰
in knowing that, today,
正義終於得到了伸張
justice has finally been served.
謝謝您
Thank you.
傑克遜 佐治亞州
你有一個小時
You got one hour.
你好戴維斯先生 我是布賴恩
Hi, Mr. Davis. I'm Bryan.
叫我亨利
Henry.
南方囚犯辯護委員會
The Southern Prisoners Defense Committee,
他們派我來告訴你
they sent me here to tell you that,
他們還沒爲你找到律師
that they don't have a lawyer for you yet,
但他們希望能儘快找到
but they hope to soon.
你不是律師嗎
You're not a lawyer?
不 我還在上學
No. I'm still in school.
只是夏天在這裏實習
Just interning here for the summer.
所以關於我的案子你沒什麼能說的嗎
So, you can't tell me nothing about my case?
我本該告訴你
I mean, I was supposed to tell you
你在明年之前
that you're not at risk of execution
都沒有被處決的危險
any time within the next year.
你能再說一遍嗎
Can you say that again?
你明年前的任何時候
That you're not at risk of execution any time
都不會有被處決的危險
within the next year?
這是我很久以來聽到的最好的消息
That's the best news I've heard in a long time.
如果我馬上就要被處決
I didn't want my wife or kids
我不想讓我的妻子或孩子看到我
showing up if I had an execution date coming.
現在他們可以來了
Now they can come visit.
謝謝您
Thank you.
真的
Serious.
我媽媽♥逼♥我加入我們教堂的唱詩班
My mom made me join our church choir
我那時大概四歲
when I was, like, four.
我高中一直唱男中音
I sang lead baritone all through high school.
我從小在教堂彈鋼琴
I played piano at my church growing up.
非洲衛理公會嗎
AME?
上帝是善良的
God is good...
一直都是
...all the time.
一直都是
All the time.
兩個AME唱詩班的男孩在死囚區聊天
A couple AME Choir boys hanging on death row.
我媽媽知道會瘋的
My mom would go trip.
夥計 太瘋狂了
Man, that's crazy.
你在哪所學校
What school are you going to?
我在哈佛
I'm at Harvard.
真的嗎 你要去哈佛嗎
Seriously? You're going to Harvard?
那是白人男孩的世界 兄弟
That's white-boy status, bro.
你來這貧民窟幹什麼
What the hell are you doing slumming it up in here for?
我上法學院是因爲我只是想幫助別人
I'm in law school because I just wanted to help people.
只是還沒找到最好的辦法
Just haven't figured out the best way to do that yet.
說實話 這次實習
Honestly, this internship
是目前爲止最好的經歷
has been the best experience so far.
在死囚區工作是你最好的經歷嗎
Working on death row has been your best experience?
你得多出去看看 兄弟
You need to get out more, bro.
兩小時前就該結束了
Should've been done two hours ago.
對不起我沒意識到 本該看着時間的
I'm sorry, I didn't realize. Supposed to watch the clock.
先生
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey. Sir!
冷靜點 他什麼都沒做
Calm down, he didn't do anything!
你得閉嘴
You need to shut your mouth.
沒事的 布賴恩
It's okay, Bryan.
別擔心我 你回去吧
Don't worry about me. You just come back.
♪ 我在向上的道路 ♪
♪ I'm pressing on ♪
♪ 努力前行 ♪
♪ The upward way ♪
♪ 我每天都在攀登新的高峯 ♪
♪ New heights I'm gaining every day ♪
♪ 仍在祈禱 ♪
♪ Still praying as ♪
♪ 我要繼續前進 ♪
♪ I'm onward bound ♪
♪ 主啊 請將我的足跡 ♪
♪ "Lord, plant my feet ♪
♪ 印在更高的地方 ♪
♪ On higher ground" ♪
正義的慈悲
兩年後
蘇塞克斯郡 特拉華州
媽媽還在生你的氣嗎
Mom still mad at you?
爲什麼生氣
For what?
我不知道
I don't know.
也許是因爲拒絕了所有的工作邀請
Maybe for rejecting all those job offers
這樣你就可以在阿♥拉♥巴馬窮困潦倒了
so you can be poor in Alabama.
豪伊給她講了
And Howie telling her
莫比爾的私刑 簡直在幫倒忙
about that lynching in Mobile didn't help.
電影精選列表