在漫長和黑暗的中世紀大戰期間
During the long, dark period of the Great Wars,
一羣精英士兵脫穎而出
an elite class of soldier rose from battle.
他們堅不可摧的騎士道很簡單
Their unbreakable code was simple...
心存高貴 勇氣過人
possess a noble heart of courage,
品行端正 忠於主子
right conduct, and absolute devotion to one's master.
經過多年的廝殺 帝國得以誕生
From out of those years of bloodshed, an empire would emerge.
聯合不同膚色
Its power would assimilate persons of every color,
不同教義和信仰之人
creed, and faith.
這種毫無爭議的規矩 侵蝕了偉大騎士的傳統
This uncontested rule eroded the traditions of the great knights,
但並非全部
but not for all.
繳械不殺
Lay down your swords, you may walk free.
最後的騎士
在下乃皇上欽差的使者 請巴託勳爵接旨
I'm the official envoy of the Emperor. I carry a message for Lord Bartok.
歡迎大駕光臨 我來接旨吧
I welcome you to the castle. I will take the message.
聖旨是下給你主公的
The message is for you master.
誰想見我主公 就得先過我這關
Anyone who wishes to speak with my master must first speak with me.
你覺得聖上的諭旨 家臣能接嗎
Do you believe that the words of the Emperor are fit for a mere retainer?
毫無疑問 你的傲慢...已經影響到各諸侯
I have no doubt that your arrogance is effective in other houses.
因此 我是不能原諒的
Therefore, it is a mistake I am willing to forgive.
小嘍囉 報上名來
What is your name, foot soldier?
相信聖上本人會
I'm certain that the Emperor himself
很想知道 誰對他的特使如此仁慈
would want to know who has been so charitable toward his envoy.
從一開始你就該先...自報家門
An introduction would have been the right place for you to start.
在下乃第七軍團指揮官雷頓
I am Commander Raiden of the Seventh Rank.
久仰大名
Your name is well known to me.
請原諒我的放肆
Forgive my presumption.
主公
My Lord.
聖旨直接來自京城嗎
This comes directly from the capital?
我親眼看到聖上打上封印
Sealed before my eyes by the Emperor himself.
好吧
Very well.
我受京城之命 去見攝政王蓋扎·莫特
I am ordered to the capital to meet with Minister Gezza Mott
以審覈新的章程和稅政
to review new protocols and duties.
真是笑話
This is a farce!
新的章程就是要我在會面時行賄
The new protocol is the bribe expected of me at that meeting,
不是爲別的 就是爲了他的一己之利
and for no other reason than to remain in his good favor.
攝政王的影響力越來越大
This minister's influence has grown considerably since your last term.
他是第一內閣的熱門人選
He is favored to succeed as First Council.
我纔不會忍♥受此等賄賂
I will not tolerate this kind of bribery,
就算我再有錢也不會
either in my own pocket or in my capital.
-你怎麼想 -我聽您的 主公
-What are your thoughts? -I follow you, My Lord.
你什麼時候也開始說假話了
Since when do you speak anything but truth?
想到什麼就說什麼
Say what you think.
如果您真的討厭這種腐♥敗♥作風的話
Well, if it's truly the injustice of corruption which upsets you,
也許在您上任之前
then perhaps you might have been so passionately moved to act
早就被廢掉了
before you arrived in your own court.
此話怎講
What exactly do you mean by that?
我覺得最好還是驗證一下
I mean that it would be prudent to examine
這是不是面子的問題
if this is simply a matter of pride.
不是面子的問題 而是尊嚴的問題
It's not a matter of pride, it's a question of dignity.
-這麼說您拒絕進貢 -我拒絕勒索
-So you will refuse the duty. -I refuse the extortion!
主公 京城腐♥敗♥已經不是什麼新鮮事了
My Lord, corruption within the capital is nothing new.
實行新的稅政又有什麼區別
How is this different from any other absurd new tax?
公然索賄的人
When a man like that can demand a bribe out in the open,
簡直有恃無恐
with no fear of recourse,
這次我們有難了
we're headed for a dangerous time.
怎麼
What?
你以爲我堅持的是 消失已久的理想
You think I hold on to an idealism that no longer exists?
也許吧
Perhaps.
-主公 -我沒事
-Sir? -I'm fine.
-我叫太醫來吧 -他來看過了
-Let me call the physician. -He's examined me.
什麼時候 他怎麼說的
When? What did he say?
不許你告訴她們倆
You will not speak of this to them.
哦 我的美女們回來了
My beautiful ones return.
今天學習如何
And how did your studies go today?
莉莉的音樂老師說 她是進步最大的學生
Lilly's music instructor has said that she's the most advanced student.
-那當然了 -我覺得他誇大其詞了
-Of course she is. -I think he's exaggerating.
我覺得他是慧眼識珠
And I think he's an astute judge of talent.
我正要準備給他提薪呢
Either that or he's prepared to request a raise in his wages.
現在爲我演奏一曲吧
Now, will you play something for me?
好
Good.
實戰的時候可不會像現在那樣 一對一
Not all confrontations will be one-on-one as now practice sessions.
我沒注意到還有這樣的訓練
I was not aware we were practicing such a scenario.
在實戰中 敵人可不會提前打招呼
There are never warnings in battle.
不是所有敵人都會像我們這樣 信守騎士道
Not all adversaries will adhere to the warrior's code as we do.
必須時刻保持警惕
You must always be on alert.
我們必須做好準備 馬上出發
We must begin preparations to leave immediately.
朝廷命令我們進京
We've been summoned to the capital.
中隊長 我能加入護航隊嗎
Lieutenant, will I be joining the convoy?
那得由指揮官來定奪
That is the Commander's decision.
長官 可是我已經做好準備了
With all respect, sir, I believe I'm ready.
如果指揮官都是盲從別人的話
If the Commander made decisions based on what others believed about themselves,
那就會有一半的人能成爲我
half these men would have my position.
集♥合♥隊伍 準備出發
Gather the men to prepare for our journey!
嚇我一跳
You startled me.
你站在那裏多久了
How long have you been standing there?
半天了
Hours.
你的幽默比不上你的鬼祟
Your humor is not on par with your stealth.
這太不公平了 你居然拿來欺負你妻子
It is an unfair advantage to use your skills upon your wife.
相信我 是你在欺負我
Trust me, it is you who has the advantage over me.
怎麼個欺負法
And what might that be?
聽說特使到了
I heard the official messengers had arrived.
應該沒帶來什麼好消息
I take it they didn't carry good news.
何出此言
Why do you say that?
你能在我跟前隱形 但就是騙不了我
You may be able to hide your presence from me, but not your thoughts.
朝廷詔我們進京
We are summoned to the capital.
不是說要到開春嗎
I thought you were not expected until the turn of the season.
-是新任攝政王要求的 -出於什麼目的
-It is a request from our new minister. -For what purpose?
今晚不值得爲它掃興
Nothing worth disturbing our evening for.
你是說你不想談
You mean you do not wish to discuss it.
不 我是說我就要離開你了
No, I mean I will soon be apart from you
我能想到許多更好的主意
and I can think of many better things
來打發這點時間
to occupy our time with.
嗯
Mmm
我被你這種邏輯打敗了
It's difficult to argue with that logic.
跟我來
Come with me.
我曾祖父是兇猛的勇士
My great-grandfather, a ferocious warrior.
雖然不怎麼討人喜歡 但是諸侯國
Not well-liked, but he was responsible for expanding our lands
能有今天 他功不可沒
into the province it is today.
我父親
My father...
更是在大戰期間 捍衛了這片土地
he alone was responsible for protecting these lands during the Great War.
如果能見到他的話 你會十分榮幸的
You would've taken pleasure in knowing him.
這是我兒子
My son.
我沒有繼承人
I have no heir.
我將會是第十代 也最後一代 葬在這裏的人
I will be the tenth and last generation buried here.
三十年前的今天
30 years ago this month,
我不顧大家的反對
and against all counsel,
把你帶到我家裏來
it was idealism that led me to invite you into my home.
你當時是個心靈空虛的年輕人 終日借酒澆愁
A young man with an empty soul, muddied by drink,
跟他路過的墳墓一樣漆黑
and as dark as the graves of those who crossed his path.
但我懷着理想的信念
But it was idealism that saw through all of that
終於看到眼前的你
to the man I see before me.
現在你給我的忠告 比我自己的還好
Now you give me better advice than I give myself.
等我不久於人世
When I have departed this world,
這片土地就交給你了
these lands will be in your care.
-主公 -你將繼承我的家姓
-My Lord. -My name will be yours to uphold.
您的寶劍是要傳給後人的 我只不過是您的僕人
But your sword is to be passed to an heir. I am merely your retainer.
你就是繼承我遺願的後人
You are the heir to my spirit.
我對你的信任是你爭取來的 而不是繼承的
Our bond has been earned, not inherited.
-不 主公 -接劍
-No, sir... -Take the sword.
-注意安全 -必須的
-You be safe. -Of course.
保重 娘子