Want to take a walk with me?
想和我一起走走嗎?
...continue to protest the presence of a convicted sex offender
繼續抗♥議♥性犯罪者在他們街區居住
in their neighborhood. Michelle Betler reports.
請聽米歇爾·貝特勒發回的報道
Thanks, Rick. I'm standing here on Woodward Court,
謝謝 約克 我現在位於伍德沃場
the quiet residential street
這個往日寧靜的居民區
that has become the focus of controversy
現在卻成爲爭論的焦點
ever since 48-year-old Ronald James McGorvey returned here
這一切都源於因對 未成年人進行猥瑣暴露而被判入獄的
after serving a two-year prison sentence
現年48歲的 羅納德·吉姆斯·麥克格威
for indecent exposure to a minor.
在服刑2年後又返回這裏居住
In the past few days an organization
在過去的幾天裏
known as the Committee of Concerned Parents
一個叫做"憂心父母委員會"的組織
began distributing these notices throughout the community
開始在社區發放這些公告
warning neighbors of what they call a quote,
警告居民們留神注意
"dangerous predator in our midst."
用他們自己的話就是當心 "潛伏於我們之中的禽獸"
I don't really like having him that close to my family.
我討厭這種他離我家近在咫尺的感覺
I think it's outrageous. This block has too many children
我覺得這太過分了
for a sex offender to, uh, be moving in the neighborhood.
怎麼能叫性犯罪者住這兒?
L... I don't think it's a good idea.
我... 我不贊成叫他住這
Makes me very nervous. Makes me a little enraged.
我很緊張 還有些惱火
Um, I'd have a problem if I see him on the street.
呃 要是在街上看到他 我會很不舒服的
It's like having an alcoholic work in a bar.
感覺就像酒鬼在酒吧工作一樣
They don't mix. They shouldn't be together.
根本就不匹配 不合適
The conditions of his parole expressly forbid McGorvey
他的假釋條件明確規定
to be within 100 yards of any playground,
街區裏這麼多孩子
school or recreation area where children normally gather.
禁止麥克格威靠近操場 學校 娛樂場所 這些孩子們聚集的地方
These conditions seem to be of little comfort
對於那些有孩子在這個社區
to the many parents whose children play and go to school
玩耍學習的家長來說
in this formerly tranquil community,
這些限制稍稍緩解了他們的焦慮
and who in the coming days and weeks will be hoping for the best
在接下來的時間裏 家長們將抱最大的希望 做最壞的準備
but preparing for the worst. Rick, back to you.
約克 現在將鏡頭交還給你
My husband and I had an actual spiritual experience.
我和我丈夫經歷過一次真正的靈魂體驗
We did this intense spa treatment...
那是在一次強度溫泉治療時...
Oh, come on. No, listen to me.
哦 少來啦 不 聽我說
It was on our vacation in Cabo and there were eight other couples
那時我們在卡博度假 當時還有另外8對夫妻
and this Mayan woman.
和一個瑪雅女人
A goddess, just a goddess.
女神 她簡直就是個女神
She had... She's due in September.
她... 她9月份臨產
She thinks she's gonna take three months off,
她想休3個月產假
then it's Christmas, then she'll be back to work the first of the year.
之後就是聖誕節 這樣她年初就能回去上班
Please.
現實點吧
Six months from now she'll be right here on this bench with us.
半年後她肯定會和我們 一起坐在這張長椅上
My friend Beth said that the way she did it
我朋友說她的對策就是
was to just take him with her every time she went to the bathroom.
每次上廁所的時候都帶上她兒子
I find that strange. Yeah, that's what I said to Beth.
那樣感覺怪怪的 是啊 我就是這麼和她說的
It's Oedipal.
這就叫戀母情結
What's the rush?
着什麼急呢?
Although I will say, when I was trying to potty-train Christian,
我得承認 當初我如廁訓練克里斯蒂
I opened the diaper and it was huge!
打開尿布一看 他的小jj可真大!
Like a grown man.
就像成人的一樣
Smiling politely to mask a familiar feeling of desperation
用優雅的微笑掩蓋孳生已久的絕望
Sarah reminded herself to think like an anthropologist.
莎拉提醒自己要像人類學家般的思考問題
She was a researcher studying the behavior of typical suburban women.
她曾經是研究"典型郊區婦女行爲"的學者
They werert organic?
他們不是自然發育的?
She was not a typical suburban woman herself.
她自己可不是典型郊區婦女
Troy, stop that!
特洛伊 別那樣!
Paul and I were having sex the other night
有天晚上我和保羅做♥愛♥的時候
and I drifted off right in the middle of it.
我居然半道睡着了
It happens.
這種事時有發生
Yeah, I guess. But when I woke up and apologized
是啊 大概是吧 當我醒來向他道歉的時候
he said he hadrt even noticed.
他說他根本就沒發覺
You know what you should do?
你知道你該怎麼做嗎?
Set aside a specific block of time for it.
拿出固定時間來做♥愛♥
That's what Louis and I do... every Tuesday night at 9:00.
我和路易斯就這麼辦... 每週二晚上9點是我們的固定時間
"Whether you want to or not" Sarah thought,
"不管你願意不願意" 莎拉想道
her eyes straying over to the play area.
她將目光移向操場
Even at such a tiny playground as this
即使是像這樣的小操場
Lucy didn't interact much with the other children.
露西也不和其他孩子玩耍
Sarah didn't really know why they even bothered coming here,
莎拉不清楚這些人爲什麼要來這兒
except that she'd probably go crazy
她只知道要是整天
trapped in the house all day
和她這個難以琢磨的女兒困在家裏
with this unknowable little person.
她可能會瘋掉
Morning snack time was 10:30 on the dot...
10點半準時是加餐時間...
Snack time!
加餐啦!
...a regimen established and maintained by Mary Ann,
由瑪麗·安制定並保持的制度
who believed that rigid adherence to a timetable
她堅信嚴格的遵循時間
was not only the key to a healthy marriage,
不但是健康婚姻的關鍵
but to effective parenting as well.
在養育孩子上也是至關重要
I'll take this one! I want that one!
我要這個! 我要那個!
Can I do it? Yeah. Ready?
能讓我來嗎? 好的 準備好了嗎?
Mommy...
媽媽...
where's my snack?
我的加餐呢?
I'm sorry, honey, Mommy can't find it.
對不起 寶貝 媽媽找不到了
I forgot the rice cakes. Poor thing.
我忘了帶年糕 可憐的人啊
I'm sure it's in here somewhere. Second time this week.
肯定就在這裏的 這周已經2次了
Well, who's going to keep track of everything?
疏能無過呢?
Bad mommy. Bad mommy. Just calm down, please.
壞媽媽 壞媽媽 靜一下 好嗎?
No calm down! I want my snack!
不行! 我要我的加餐!
All right, you know what? It's...
好吧 你知道嗎? 這個...
it's just not here, okay? See for yourself.
你的加餐不在這 知道嗎? 不信你自己看
Wait!
等下!
Troy, honey, give Lucy your goldfish.
特洛伊 親愛的 把你的"金魚"給露西
No!
不行!
Troy Jonathan, give me those goldfish!
特洛伊·喬納森! 把那些"金魚"給我!
But, Mama, they're mine.
但是 媽媽 他們是我的
No back talk. You can share with your sister.
不準頂嘴 和你妹妹一起喫
Troy has goldfish for you. Go sit down.
特洛伊那兒有"金魚" 去坐下
That's much more than 10.
那可不止10個呢
That's great. Look how big I made my lawn.
太好了 看我建的草坪多大啊
Thank you, Mary Ann, you're a life saver.
謝謝 瑪麗·安 你救了我
It's nothing. I just hate to see her suffer like that.
沒什麼 我只是受不了她那樣捱餓
Maybe you should make a checklist and tape it to the door
也許你該列個清單 然後把它釘在門上
so it's the last thing you see before leaving the house.
這樣離家前能提醒你
That's what I do.
我就是這麼做的
Yeah, thank you. That's... that's a really helpful suggestion.
好的 謝謝 真是... 這建議太有用了
You're welcome.
不客氣
Drink your juice.
把果汁喝了
Are you the plane again?
你又是飛機?
Look.
快看啊
Now you have to act like me.
現在你該像我這樣
The prom king.
舞會國王
Oh my God, he's back.
哦 天啊 他回來了
Sarah followed the other womers gazes
莎拉順着其他女人
over to the entrance of the playground,
將目光投到操場入口處
eager to finally get a glimpse of the prom king,
希望還能有機會最後瞥見舞會國王
the handsome and mysterious young father
那個英俊而又充滿神祕色彩的父親
who had been a regular at the Walker Street playground
今年春天連續有好幾周
for several weeks this past spring
出現在沃克街操場
before abruptly dropping out of sight.
之後突然間就消失了
I don't need a rest. I need an airplane ride.
我不需要休息 我要做飛機
His departure had left a gaping hole in the emotional lives
他的消失給謝麗爾、特里薩、和瑪麗·安的情感生活...
of Cheryl, Theresa and Mary Ann.
平添了幾多空洞
Barely a day went by without one of them speculating wistfully
幾乎每一天 他們幾個中都有人...
about the reason for his absence and the likelihood of his return.
不懷好意地猜測他離開的原因和回來的可能性
Here I come. There's no room for two of us, diesel.
我來啦 這點兒地方可不夠 我們兩個人呆的 柴油機
You've done it again.
你又來了
I hate steam engines.
我討厭蒸氣機
When I come back I will pinch you with my pinchers.
等我回來後 我要用我的鉗子夾你
Yeah? Well, when I come back
是嗎? 那 等我回來後
I'm gonna ram you with my rammer.
我要用我的撞錘撞你
Ready? No, you won't.
準備好了嗎? 不 你不會的
電影精選列表