1♥8♥9♥2年8月4日
AUGUST 4. 1♥8♥9♥2
你並沒有看到其他人進入這所房♥子
And you didn't see anyone else enter the house.
是的 沒有
No, I did not.
那你在外面做什麼
What were you doing outside?
我剛剛說過...
As I said before...
我去找掉進穀倉裏的什麼東西了
I went to look for sinkers out in the barn.
然後我停下來喫了一個梨
Then, I stopped to eat a pear.
梨?
A pear?
從我們梨樹上摘的
From our pear tree.
然後我就進屋了
Then, I came inside.
你……
Are you...
你確定還能說下去嗎?
quite sure you can continue?
恩 我沒事
Yes, I'm fine.
你知道你父親有仇人嗎?
To your knowledge, did your father have any enemies?
6個月前
你是?
Yes?
夫人 我是新來的女傭
The new housemaid, ma'am.
布里奇特·沙利文
Bridget. Sullivan.
在這所房♥子裏 你的名字就叫麥琪
In this house, you will be referred to as Maggie.
你的工作區域就在一樓
Most of your duties will be confined to the first floor.
我們的臥室門白天都是鎖着的
Our bedroom... door remains locked during the day,
而我的兩個繼女
and the two girls,
艾瑪和麗茲 她們都很注重個人隱私
my step-daughters, Emma and Lizzie, they're very private.
如果沒有我們的命令 你不能到這層樓來
You are not to access this floor unless expressly directed.
-你明白了嗎?-我知道了 夫人
- Do you understand? - I do, ma'am.
其實這裏挺舒服的
It's actually quite cozy in here.
你的隨身物品可以放在這裏
Feel free to bring some things of your own.
這樣能讓你感覺到一絲家的溫暖吧
That will make you feel more at home.
謝謝
Thank you.
不用謝 都是應該的
Within reason, of course.
對不起 我闖進來了
You'll have to excuse me.
我都忘了她居然會讓你住在這
I'd completely forgotten she'd put you in here.
這麼個小破爛房♥間裏
Such an awful little room.
我們的東西擺的到處都是 可能是壁櫥不夠的原因吧
We have possessions stashed all over the house. Not enough closet, I'm afraid.
我叫麗茲
My name's Lizzie.
小姐 叫我麥琪就好
Call me Maggie, miss.
不管是麥琪還是帕迪都無所謂
None of that Maggie or Paddy business.
她就隨便給你們這些
Just picking a name out of a hat
來自不同地方男孩女孩瞎起名字?
for every boy or girl that comes from a certain place?
這算哪門子事
It's terrible.
你的真名是什麼?
What's your proper name?
布里奇特
It's Bridget.
你的髮夾鬆了 布里奇特
Your hairpin's loose, Bridget.
好了
There.
謝謝你 麗茲小姐
Thanks, Miss Lizzie.
裙子不錯
That's a pretty dress.
你要去哪兒嗎?
Will you be going somewhere in it?
我之前就計劃好了 今天要去劇院
As planned and discussed,I'm going to the theater.
你不能獨自外出
You will not leave this house unaccompanied.
爸爸 我每天都是自己出去的
I leave this house unaccompanied everyday, father.
你聽到我的話了 麗茲
You heard me, Lizzie.
而你也聽到我的話了
And you me, father.
劇院是我唯一可以離開這裏放鬆的地方
The theater's my only respite from this place.
你是博登家族的一員 不能獨自現身公共場合
You're a Borden. You can't turn up there on your own.
全鎮人幾乎都在那
The whole town will be there.
恩 沒錯我也會在那
Yes, they will. And so will I.
我是爲你好纔跟你說這些的 麗茲
I tell you this out of kindness, Lizzie.
你這麼做對你沒有任何好處
You are not helping your cause.
也許沒有 但我還是會去的
Perhaps not, but I will go nonetheless.
坐下
Sit down.
站住
Stop!
午夜前回來
Midnight.
不準遲到
No later.
謝謝 爸爸
Thank you, father.
你好 麗茲
Hello, Lizzie.
你好
Hello.
你的裙子真好看
Your dress is very smart.
你今天穿的裙子也很美
And yours is quite blue.
我們在想
We were wondering,
爲什麼你♥爸♥總把房♥子弄得那麼暗呢?
why does your family keep the house so dark?
我爸爸不喜歡電燈
Father doesn't believe in light.
明明負擔得起 爲什麼還要那樣過活?
Why live that way when you can afford not to?
他覺得電燈很奢侈
He finds it extravagant.
不是還有煤油燈嗎 對吧?
There's always gaslight, isn't there?
你似乎對照明這件事很着迷
You seem obsessed with the concept of illumination.
難道你是像愛迪生一樣的發明家?
Are you, by chance,an Edison?
你知道我是誰
You know who I am.
哦 面孔倒是熟悉
Oh, the face is familiar.
也許是你噴的香水讓我覺得很不舒服
Perhaps it's your scent that's throwing me off.
抓住她
Hang onto her!
謝謝你 麥琪
Thank you, Maggie.
-就這樣吧 -她沒事吧?
- That's all. - Is she all right?
這病能治嗎?
Is there anything for it?
我們之前也談過
As we discussed before,
藥物治療是有侷限的
medical options are limited.
爸爸 只是有一次意外罷了 她明天早上就會好的
It's just one of her spells, father. She'll be good as new in the morning.
她是不是承受着很大的壓力?
Is she under any undue stress?
你知道她的情緒一直都不穩定
You know she's always been very emotional.
你現在沒事了
You're all right now.
沒事了
You're all right.
我是不是……
Am I...
噓 好好躺着 好嗎?
Shh, just rest now, OK?
一切都會好起來的
Everything will be fine.
一切都會好起來的
Everything's gonna be fine.
希望你說的是真的
Say it like you mean it.
一切都會好起來的
Everything will be fine.
會的 麗茲 一定會的
It will, Lizzie. It will.
你沒事吧?
Nothing at all?
真的很難去同情一個 自己都不試着去自助
It really is difficult to harbor sympathy for someone
哪怕只是付出一點點努力的人啊
who will not make even the slightest effort to help herself.
你好啊 亨利
Hello, Henry.
今天我們該聽些什麼呢
What should we hear today?
你有什麼建議嗎?
Do you have any suggestions?
愛並不因瞬息的改變而改變
Love alters not with brief hours and weeks,
它巍然矗立……
but bears it out...
我絕不讓兩顆真心的結合
Let me not to the marriage of true mind's
遇到任何障礙...阻礙
impme... impediments...
抱歉
Pardon me.
障礙
Impediments.
用“obstacle”來形容障礙會更好 你不覺得嗎?
It's a much nicer word for "obstacle," don't you think?
你上過學嗎?
Have you had schooling?
上過幾年
Some.
具體是幾年?
How much is some?
兩年
Couple years.
你害怕嗎?
Are you afraid?
害怕?
Afraid?
害怕什麼?
Of what?
男人不需要懂得太多知識 布里奇特
Men don't have to know things, Bridget.
但是女人需要
Women do.
這被稱爲……
It's called... That...
那個女孩
Girl.
她……
Her...
她的面罩……
Her hood...
是……
is...
是常……
of the... com...
常減的……
Common...
-常見的 -常見的 常見的
- Common - Common. Common
她的面罩是常見的
Her hood is of the common.
她的面罩是常見的那種款式
Her hood is of the common sort.
她的……
Her...
小姐