Are you really here with me?
你真的在這兒陪着我嗎?
I'm here. And you'll never leave me?
我真的在這兒 你永遠都不會離開我?
Never.
絕不
Promise? Promise.
你發誓? 我發誓
How can I be certain?
我爲什麼要相信你?
Because the two shall become one.
因爲我們必須不離不棄
What a wonderful life you've given me, Clark.
你給了我一段多麼美好的人生 Clark
What a wonderful life we've made together.
我們共同創造了一段多麼美好的人生
Lord, we're grateful that the soil is warm and ready to be planted.
感謝上帝 賜予我們溫暖而富饒的土地
And we ask that this season's crop be bountiful.
我們祈求您讓這個季節有個好收成
We thank you for this nourishment before us.
我們感激您賜予我們眼前的食物
Bless it to our bodies and bless this day. Amen.
保佑我們身體健康 保佑今天安然無恙 阿門
Amen.
阿門
Hey, where's Missie?
嘿 Missie呢?
I thank you again and again for the honor you've done me in your proposals...
承蒙不棄 向我求婚 我真是感激不盡...
but to accept them is absolutely impossible.
但要我接受 是絕對不可能的
I mean, my feelings in every respect forbid it.
我感情上怎麼也辦不到
Now, can I speak any plainer?
難道我說得不夠明白嗎?
Hyah! Hyah!
駕! 駕!
And I think I'm old enough to be riding by myself to school.
我覺得我已經到了可以自己騎馬去上學的年齡了
Charlie's a good horse, and he don't like standing around all day with nothing to do.
Charlie是匹好馬 它不喜歡成天無所事事
How do you know he don't like standing around?
你怎麼知道它不喜歡成天無所事事
From Charlie. Hyah!
Charlie自己說的 駕!
Hey. That was Missie...
嗨 那不是Missie嗎...
on Charlie.
騎着Charlie
I believe it was.
我想沒錯兒
Hyah!
駕!
Take your seats and get out your reading primers.
都坐下 然後把你們的初級讀本拿出來
Quickly, please.
稍微快一點 好嗎
All right. Daniel, please start reading from the top of page 25.
好的 Daniel 請你從第25頁開頭開始讀
Just makin' sure the teacher made it here safely.
我只是想確定一下老師是否平安到達
Well, here I am, safe and sound.
嗯 我在這兒了 平安到達且毫髮無傷
I would appreciate it, though, if you made sure that Arnie and Aaron got here on time.
但是如果您能確保Arnie和Aaron以後能按時上課的話 我將不勝感激
It's disruptive to the rest of the class when they enter late.
他們遲到會打擾到其他同學上課
Well, I think they're gonna be here on time from now on.
呃 我想他們從今往後都會按時到達
You have a very nice day, Miss Davis.
祝你一天順利 Davis小姐
All right, Daniel. Yes, ma'am.
好的 Daniel 是 女士
Get on up. Ho.
停下 籲
How you doin', Zeke? Gettin' by.
你還好嗎 Zeke? 就那麼回事兒
I just took the boys to school. Late again.
我剛送兒子們去上學 又遲到了
I'll tell you, though, I wish they'd stay young forever.
可是我要告訴你 我希望他們能永遠年輕
How old's that boy of yours now?
你兒子現在多大了?
He'll be 10 on his next birthday.
他再過一個生日就10歲了
And the younger one? Arnie? He's seven.
小的那個呢? 你說Arnie? 他7歲了
He's got it in his head, though, that one of these days...
可是他已經想了很久 有一天...
he and Aaron are going to swap places and he's gonna be the older brother.
他可以和Aaron換一下位置讓他當哥哥
Yeah, well.
沒錯 嗯
Boys sure are full of big ideas.
男孩們肯定都會滿懷壯志
Yeah.
是啊
Any word from your boy?
你兒子有音訊嗎?
Well, like you said...
嗯 就像你說的...
boys are full of big ideas.
男孩們總是滿懷壯志
Lunch.
該喫午餐了
No. Get your own.
不 喫你自己的
I was wondering if you'd do me a favor, Clara.
如果你能幫我一個忙 我將非常高興 Clara
I'm just not hungry today, but I don't want my lunch to go to waste.
我今天一點都不餓 但是我不想浪費我的午餐
Maybe you'd eat it for me? I'd like to help you, Miss Davis.
你可以替我喫了它麼? 我很願意幫助你 Davis小姐
Thank you, Clara.
謝謝你 Clara
I'll be stepping out for a few minutes.
我出去一下
Charlotte will be in charge while I'm gone...
我不在的時候Charlotte負責管理班級...
and she'll report to me the names of anyone breaking any class rules in my absence.
她會向我報告是誰趁我不在時破壞了班規
Anyone.
任何一個人
I got it level.
我對準了
Give the men a break for lunch. I'll be back.
讓大家休息一下喫午餐吧 我馬上回來
You're the boss. All right, that's lunch.
你是老闆你說了算 好吧 午餐時間到了
Is this a private lunch or can anyone dine here?
這是私人午餐呢 還是可以有人加入一起享用?
I hope I didn't startle you.
我希望我沒嚇着你
No.
沒有
I'm Grant Thomas.
我是Grant Thomas
Missie Davis.
我是Missie Davis
Well, Missie Davis...
嗯 Missie Davis...
I have surveyed hundreds of miles of land west of the Mississippi...
我在密西西比西部考察了上百英里...
but today is the first time I've ever seen anything as pretty as you...
但今天是我在我測量儀的取景器裏第一次看見...
in the viewfinder of my transit.
你這樣迷人的風景
I was picking berries.
我剛正摘葡萄
Not a very substantial midday meal, if you don't mind my saying so.
恕我直言 這可不是正兒八經的午餐
Did you say you have a transit?
你剛說你有測量儀?
Yes. It's a device used to measure the...
沒錯 它是用來測量...
Horizontal and vertical angles of the land.
地表水平和垂直方向的角度
That's right. And you have one close by?
完全正確 你的儀器就在附近嗎?
Would you like to see?
你想去看看麼?
Would you like to look? Mmhmm.
你想看看嗎? 是的
Allow me. Thank you.
請讓我來吧 謝謝
That's amazing. Hmm.
太不可思議了 嗯
What are you all doing here?
你們在這兒都做些什麼?
Follow me.
跟我來
We work for the Continental Railroad Company. It's our job to survey the lines...
我們爲歐洲鐵路公♥司♥效力 我們的任務就是勘測路線...
to find the best and shortest routes for the men who lay the tracks.
爲建造鐵路的人找到最好且最短的路程
That's a Vernier solar compass. It shows us which direction is true north.
那是微調太陽羅盤儀 它能告訴我們哪個方向纔是正北方
I've read about equipment like this.
我曾經看到過關於這些器材的介紹
I know you said you're not hungry, but...
我知道你說你並不餓 但是...
maybe you'd consider joining me for lunch.
你是否願意考慮與我共進午餐
I'm sorry. I really have to go. I'm late.
抱歉 我真的要走了 我要遲到了
Late?
遲到?
Thanks.
謝謝
Are you sure you have to go? I'm afraid so.
你確定要離開嗎? 我想是的
But it was nice to meet you, and good luck with all your work here.
但是認識你真的很開心 祝你在這兒一切順利
Let me in.
讓我進去
Let me in.
快讓我進去
I know you're responsible for this, Brian Murphy.
我知道是你乾的 Brian Murphy
Get off this door. I'm giving you one last chance.
快開門 我給你最後一次機會
Fine, have it your way. I'm leaving and coming back with your pa.
好吧 這是你自己的選擇 我現在就要去把你♥爸♥找來
I'm sorry. I assure you it isn't my desire to startle you every time we meet.
對不起 我保證我不是真心想每次見面都要驚嚇到你
No. It's fine. I was just about to go in and teach a class.
不 沒關係 我剛正準備進去上課
I'm the teacher.
我是老師
Well, I don't mean to hold you up, but you left this.
嗯 我並不想打擾你 但是你落下了這個
Thank you.
謝謝
I understand now why you couldn't accept my invitation for lunch.
我現在理解爲什麼剛纔你不能接受我的邀請一起喫午餐了
So maybe you'll accept my next invitation to dine with me for lunch?
那麼你是否願意接受我下一個共進午餐的邀請呢?
A week from Saturday? It's not a school day.
下週六? 那天不用上課
Unless you have a steady beau. No.
除非你有男朋友 不
No, you won't dine with me? No. I mean, no, I don't have a steady beau.
不 你不願接受我的邀請? 不是 我是說 沒有 我沒有男朋友
Oh. Yes. I would be delighted to dine with you.
哦 好的 我很高興能和你一起喫飯
Wonderful. I hear the hotel dining room has the best food in town.
太好了 我聽說旅館的餐廳是鎮上最好的
I could arrange for transportation.
我會安排接送你
Oh, no. That's all right. I'll meet you there.
哦 不用了 沒關係 我可以自己去那兒見你
Around noon? Noon would be perfect.
在中午? 中午是最好的時候
Better get back to my class.
現在我最好還是回去上課
All right. Good-bye.
好的 再見
Good-bye.
再見
And this handsome and mysterious stranger rides up on this mighty steed...
這個騎着駿馬 英俊而神祕的陌生人...
and sweeps me off my feet.
弄得我心煩意亂
Missie Davis, you are making that up. I'm not.
Missie Davis你就編吧 我纔沒編呢
It really happened. His name's Grant Thomas, and he works for the railroad.
這是真的 他叫Grant Thomas 他在鐵路公♥司♥工作
On the crew? Yes, but he's different from the other men.
也是一名打工者? 沒錯 但是他和那些人不一樣
I mean, he was well-dressed and self-assured.
我是說 他穿着考究而且自信沉穩
They treat him like he was the boss.
他們對他就像是對待上司一樣
He even had his own tent filled with food.
他甚至還有自己單獨的帳篷 裏面還有很多美食
Looks like you're imagining a little more than just food.
看起來你期待的不只是食物哦
He invited me to dine with him at the hotel.
他邀請我去旅館一起用餐
電影精選列表