你對我做了什麼
?You do something to me?
讓我困惑不已
?Something that simply mystifies me?
告訴我 爲什麼
?Tell me, why should it be?
你竟能將我催眠了去
?You have the power to hypnotize me?
讓我在你的符咒下喘息
?Let me live 'neath your spell?
你的巫術是那麼神奇
?Do do that voodoo that you do so well?
你對我做了什麼
?'Cause you do something to me?
旁人永遠無法企及
?That nobody else could do?
柏林 1928年
柏林劇院
柏林劇院
蘇魏靈
蘇魏靈
東方
魔術
好 好
Bravo! Bravo!
我搞不明白 那個指揮是傻子嗎
I don't understand. Is the conductor a blithering idiot?
那個節拍我們已經練過六遍了
We went over the tempo six times!
應該是緩慢的 不是這種賽馬曲的節奏
It's adagio, adagio, adagio. It's not racehorse tempo!
克勞福德先生 對不起
Ja, ja, Herr Crawford. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
什麼 我不需要你的道歉
What? Don't be sorry!
你給我把曲子弄對就行 道歉有什麼用
Get it right. What good are apologies
好好的詩意都被你攪沒了
when the poetry of the moment is lost?
還有你 在箱子裏準備好以後
And you! You're supposed to knock
你應該敲敲箱子示意我
when you're ready in the trunk.
不然我怎麼知道你準備好了沒有
How do I know when you're all clear?
抱歉 克勞福德先生 在裏面喘不過氣
Well, I'm sorry, Mr. Crawford, I couldn't breathe in that...
我又不是僱你來喘氣的
Well, you're not hired to breathe!
這是她第一次登臺 克勞福德先生
But it was her first time, Mr. Crawford.
我們整個下午都在排練這個
My God, we went over this routine all afternoon.
不然我怎麼知道什麼時候拔劍
How do I know when to begin sticking in the swords?
我可能會殺死你
I could have stabbed you to death,
到時候就直接血濺當場了
and then, I get blood on my ensemble.
蘇魏靈先生 您的表演總是那麼精彩
Oh, Mr. Wei Ling Soo! You were, as always, brilliant!
我已經把戲服脫了
Oh, I've already taken off my robe.
我和妻子可以和您合個影嗎
Can my wife and I take a photo of you?
您能給我一張簽名嗎
An autograph, please?
要簽名的人都是腦殘
Autographs are for mental defectives.
我只是想證明我見過您
But I want to prove I met you.
你不介意的話 我寧願你證明不了
Well, if you don't mind, I'd rather that proof didn't exist.
你要是被抓到爆菊怎麼辦
What if you get picked up for sodomy?
什麼事
Yes!
斯坦利
Stanley?
博甘
Burkan!
你最近好嗎 霍華德
How are you, Howard?
好極了 你還是那個全世界最厲害的魔術師
Brilliant. You are still the best in the world.
這和那羣山頂洞人可沒關係
No thanks to the assorted Neanderthals I have to deal with.
你一點兒都沒變
Oh, you haven't changed.
你還是那個完美主義者 勢利眼和天才
You're still a perfectionist, a snob, a genius,
像傷寒病一樣流行
with all the charm of a typhus epidemic.
身邊有那麼多詆譭我的人 我能有什麼辦法
Well, can I help it if I'm surrounded by assassins?
最起碼你把我們都迷住了
Nonetheless, you held us spellbound.
最後那個從石棺裏變到椅子上的表演
And that last effect, from the sarcophagus into the empty chair,
當你把椅子轉過來的時候
when you swivel around...
我也做過大變活人的把戲
I mean, I do a vanish-and-reappearance trick in my show
我讓我的助理鑽進扁皮箱裏
where I transport my pretty assistant
把她從舞臺的一邊
From one side of the stage to the other
變到了另一邊去
in a steamer trunk,
可這比起你的差遠了
but it is nothing compared to what you do.
這個節目是我自己想出來的
I invented that effect myself.
如果你夠聰明的話
And if you're very good,
我們有時間的時候 我可以把它教給你
when we have more time, I'll teach you all the moves.
其實真的很簡單 你在任何地方都可以表演
It's actually... It's very simple. You can do it anywhere.
真是個了不起的把戲
It's a spectacular trick.
見到你真高興 我們有多久沒見了
It's so good to see you. How long has it been?
至少有一年了 你的巡迴演出還順利吧
It's a year, at least. And the tour's going well?
非常順利 這周就結束了
Yes, it's going quite well. It concludes this week.
慕尼黑的表演很成功 巴塞羅那也很喜歡我
Munich was good. Barcelona adored me.
你絕對想不到誰去看我在蘇黎世的表演了
And you'll never guess who came to see the show in Zurich.
-伊內德·帕克斯頓 -伊內德·帕克斯頓?
- Enid Paxton. - Enid Paxton?
第三組的那個小姑娘
Little thing in third form,
咱們倆決定做魔術師的時候
we both used her as an assistant
都用她做過助手
when we decided to become magicians.
你把她鋸成兩斷 我砍掉了她的腦袋
You sawed her in half, and I cut her head off.
她天生就適合變戲法
Well, she was a game girl.
-她現在還好嗎 -她很好
- Uh, how is she? - Oh, she's fine.
你完全看不出她受過什麼傷害
You don't really notice any of the scars.
當然了 她現在比我的大象還要胖呢
Of course, she's fatter than my elephant.
什麼 你是說那個捲髮的小伊內德嗎
What? Pretty little Enid with the curls?
歲月無情 霍華德
Well, the years can be cruel, Howard.
有人說"人生本就卑賤 殘酷且短暫"
"Life is nasty, brutish and short," As the man said.
是霍布斯說的嗎 沒錯 我想是他
Was it Hobbes? Yes, I believe it was Hobbes.
英國哲學家托馬斯·霍布斯
我倒是很欣賞霍布斯
I'd have got on rather well with Hobbes.
我們去喝一杯吧
Shall we go for a drink?
好主意 博甘 咱們好好聊聊
Brilliant notion, Burkan. We can catch up.
斯坦利 我想請你幫個忙
Stanley, I need your help.
事情有點複雜了
Ah, the plot thickens.
我請你去喝杯蘇格蘭威士忌
I'll buy you a scotch.
卡特萊奇家族都是些很不錯的人
The Catledge family are wonderful people.
卡洛琳·卡特萊奇是我的老朋友
Caroline Catledge is an old friend of mine.
他們是匹茲堡非常富裕的家族
They're a wealthy Pittsburgh family.
父親生前做煤炭生意 留下了數百萬的財富
Father made millions in coal before he died.
他們都是上流社會的人 擁有多處房♥產
They're socialites with several houses,
其中有一處在法國南部
one in the south of France.
事情是這樣的 現在有一個年輕女人
Now, the thing is, there's a young woman staying with them,
和他們在一起 還號♥稱自己是個靈媒
who has them believing that she's a spirit medium.
天哪 不會又是個騙子吧
Oh, Lord, not another fake psychic.
那些人簡直就像瘟疫
What a pestilence they are.
他們相信了她那些所謂的預言
They're taken with her predictions of the future.
-她能說出他們想聽到的事 -絲毫不差
- Telling them what they want to hear. - Precisely.
她還爲這些預言開口要錢了
Hmm, and charging them for all the good news she brings.
沒錯 而且那女人年輕又漂亮
Exactly right. And, of course, she's a pretty young thing.
當然了 騙子總是長了一張漂亮標誌的臉
Well, of course. A pretty face never hurt a cheap swindler.
布萊斯·卡特萊奇 卡洛琳的弟弟
Brice Catledge, Caroline's brother,
家族財產的繼承人
the heir to the family fortune,
竟然愛上了這個女人
fancies himself in love with her.
我也不知道我最討厭哪種人
You know, I don't know who I loathe more,
可那些靠着小把戲騙人的騙子
those who use simple tricks to prey on the gullible,
還有那些輕易受騙的傻子都是自作自受
or the gullible, who are so stupid, they deserve what they get.
布萊斯·卡特萊奇的姐姐卡洛琳
Brice Catledge's sister Caroline
嫁給了一位醫生 一位心理醫生
is married to a doctor, a psychoanalyst,
他堅持認爲這個女人所謂的通靈
and he insisted on this woman doing her seances,
是在兩個大名鼎鼎科學家面前裝神弄鬼
in the presence of two renowned scientists.
什麼鬼話
Oh, rubbish.
他難道不知道科學家纔是最容易上當受騙的嗎
Doesn't he know that scientists are among the easiest to fool?
事情就是這樣 我很慚愧
Well, this is the thing, I'm embarrassed to say,
我觀察了這個女人的一切
that I watched this woman work from every angle, time and again,
始終沒有找到任何破綻
and I couldn't find anything amiss.
我觀察了她的一舉一動 天知道
I mean, I watched every move, and Lord knows,
我知道很多關於讀心術和通靈的把戲
I know pretty much every mind-reading and seance trick there is,
可是我依然沒有找到
but I couldn't find a flaw or spot
任何可疑的地方
a single suspicious move and...
我甚至開始懷疑自己的判斷
I began to doubt my own clear thinking.
我有時候甚至會想"也許她真的能通靈呢"
You know, I thought, "Maybe, she's the real thing."
根本沒有這種事 霍華德 都是假的
There is no real thing, Howard! It's all phony!
從通靈儀式到羅馬教廷
From the seance table, to the Vatican and beyond!
我不敢相信你竟然會說出這些話
I can't believe you're saying this.
我很擔心這一家人
I'm very worried for the family.
你能去見見那個女人觀察一下她嗎
If you could come and observe her in action?
畢竟你是這世界上最能揭穿
After all, you are the greatest debunker
這些騙子把戲的人了
of fake spiritualists in the world.
沒有人能逃過你的法眼
There's not a single one who's got past you.
我和奧利維亞正準備去
Olivia and I were all set to take a holiday,
電影精選列表