Morning.
早上好
Bye.
再見
No, shoot.
不 該死
Can we do that thing? Can you have the sign?
能那樣做嗎?你能不能舉張牌子?
Take a picture holding a first-day-of-school sign?
能不能舉着上面寫了“開學第一天”的牌子拍照?
No, Mom. I'm in 11th grade. I'm not doing that.
不行 媽媽 我已經上11年級了不幹那種事了
Okay, don't do the sign, just a picture of yourself.
好 不用舉牌子拍一張自己的照片就行
There. Did it. Bye.
好了 搞定了 再見
Thank you. Have a great first day. Keep your head up high, Vivian.
謝謝 開學第一天要一切順利哦昂首挺胸 薇薇安
You little shit.
臭丫頭
Did you hear, rankings are already starting?
你有沒有聽說現在已經開始排名了?
What? This is the first day.
什麼?今天才第一天開學啊
I mean, they haven't even had time to, like, look at us yet.
我是說 他們甚至都還沒有時間好好看我們
Are they basing their decisions on summer?
他們是根據暑假的情況做決定嗎?
Because nobody even saw us this summer.
因爲今年暑假壓根沒人見過我們
Unless someone was spying on us
除非有人偷♥窺♥我們
playing Mario Kart in your mom's basement.
在你媽媽的地下室裏玩《馬里奧賽車》
I might get ranked "Best Power Slide on Rainbow Road."
我可能會榮獲“彩虹之路最佳漂移手”的稱號♥
Should we have gone to a pool? It doesn't matter.
-要是去過泳池會不會好一點兒?-沒關係
Emma Cunningham's gonna get ranked "Most Bangable" for the second year.
艾瑪坎寧安將連續第二年成爲“最值得上♥牀♥的對象”
It's not like she's been in a horrific car accident or anything.
她又不是出了嚴重車禍什麼的
Oh, great.
噢 太棒了
No, please, block the sidewalk to admire her nails.
不 拜託 擋住人行道好好欣賞欣賞她的指甲吧
Hi. There we go.
-嗨-這樣就對了
That wasn't so hard, was it? No, it was not.
那也沒那麼難吧?壓根不難
Did you hear she and Mitchell Wilson broke up?
你聽說她和米切爾威爾森分手了嗎?
I heard he broke up with her.
我聽說是他提的分手
It's so nice not to be on anyone's radar.
被大家忽視真是太棒了
Totally.
沒錯
It's gonna be Kiera Pascal for "Best Ass" again. For sure.
“最美翹臀”的頭銜肯定又會落到基拉帕斯卡頭上
Not fair. She's captain of the soccer team.
那樣不公平 她是足球隊隊長
Do they know how much running and jumping she's doing?
他們知道她做了多少跑和跳的動作嗎?
Kaitlynn Price has mastered the art of the hot selfie
凱特琳普萊斯已經掌握了拍出性感自♥拍♥照的藝術
and will probably take "Best Rack" from Olivia Day-Young.
可能會搶走奧莉薇亞戴揚“最美奶♥子♥”的頭銜
God. How many more days of school do weÂxa0have left?
天啊 我們還要上多少天學?
Eyes on the prize, my dear.
專注於目標吧 親愛的
Just two more years and
再堅持兩年
we will be safely tucked away in a lab at Berkeley.
然後我們就能安全地躲到伯克利大學的實驗室裏
What prompt will you do for the essay?
你打算選哪條作文題目?
Because those questions are stressful.
因爲那些問題讓人壓力很大
I'm doing the service one.
我會寫服務那條題目
I'm talking about how much I've grown from volunteering at the VFW,
說說在海外作戰退伍軍人協會做義工讓我成長了多少
blah, blah, blah.
諸如此類
Do you have Mr. Davies for English? Uhhuh.
你的英文老師是戴維斯老師嗎?
Beware. He calls on anyone who sits in the front row.
當心 任何坐在前排的人都可能會被他點名回答問題
What would I do without you?
要是沒有你 我該怎麼辦?
I guess we'll never find out.
我猜我們永遠不會知道答案
You can put your valued things. Thanks.
-貴重物品可以放那兒-謝謝
Did you miss me?
你想我了嗎?
Seriously? Where you going?
-開什麼玩笑?-你要去哪兒?
Stop. I got a seat right here for you.
-別鬧-這個位置是專門給你留的
Okay, let's wrap up the conversations.
好了 聊天時間結束
Stop talking, please.
請大家安靜
Unless one of you young people fixed global warming,
除非你們這些年輕人中有人解決了全球暖化問題
your summer vacations were boring.
不然你們的暑假一定很無聊毫不重要
Whoa, Mike, you're not starting class without me?
哇哦 邁克 我還沒到呢你不會開始上課了吧?
Wow, what a treat. Mr. Wilson's here. Sorry.
-真難得啊 威爾森先生來了-抱歉
I was helping this new freshman girl find her way to class and…Âxa0she was lost.
我剛剛帶新來的高一女孩兒找教室呢她暈頭轉向的
Chivalry might not be dead,
騎士精神也許不會死
but you will be if you're late to class again. Sit down.
但如果上我的課你再遲到死的就是你了 坐下吧
So, I shouldn't help people?
所以我不該幫助別人?
That's the message I'm getting, Mike. I missed you.
-按我的理解 你就是這個意思-我想你了
I missed you more.
我更想你
So, the definition of insanity…
那麼 據說瘋狂的定義是…
Can I help you?
你需要幫忙嗎?
I don't know. Can you?
不知道呢 你能幫我嗎?
Yet here I am with all of you.
而我卻和你們大家在這裏
Okay
好的
we are going to begin… - Hey.
-我們要想往常一樣開始…-嘿
Can you help me, too?
-也幫幫我吧-打發五分鐘
What?
-什麼?-…有可能是學習時間
…with morning announcements. Chris, grab those lights.
…還有晨間公告 克里斯 把燈關掉
Ahoy, Rockport Pirates.
啊嗬 洛克波特的海盜們
Student Body President Bradley Chambers here,
我是學生會主席布拉德利錢伯斯
along with "argh" lovely Vice President, Emma Cunningham.
坐在我身邊的是可愛的副♥主♥席♥艾瑪坎寧安
Good morning, Rockport.
早上好 洛克波特的各位
Happy to be spreading the Pirate cheer for another year.
能將海盜的歡呼聲多傳播一年讓我深感榮幸
That's pretty good…
挺不錯的…
Hey, Vivian. How was your summer?
嘿 薇薇安 你的暑假過得怎麼樣?
Seth?
賽斯?
Unless you're staying after school for an extracurricular.
除非你放學後留下來參加課外活動
Speaking of, this year's musical will be Little Shop of Horrors.
說到課外活動今年的音樂劇將會是《恐怖小店》
Little Shop of Arghors… You look different.
-《恐怖小店》-你變樣了
Your hair.
你的頭髮
Get your Band-Aids ready and sign up for auditions.
準備好創可貼然後去報名參加試鏡吧
Argh-ditions.
試鏡哦
Stand up.
站起來
What? Stand up.
-什麼?-站起來
Stand up. Okay.
-站起來-好吧
Oh, yep. See?
這就對了 看到沒?
Grew like three inches this summer.
我暑假長了快八釐米
Wow. Kinda hurts, though.
-哇-不過有點疼
Growing pains. My knees...
長個兒的痛苦 我的膝蓋…
Quiet. Or you're gonna miss the thrilling conclusion.
安靜 不然你們就會錯過刺♥激♥的結論了
I'm excited to see our Pirates out on the field and blow the man down.
我很期待看到我們的海盜隊員重回賽場 把對手打倒
And as athletics get underway,
當體育比賽開始時
remember to cast your nominations for Student Athlete Ambassador.
別忘了投票提名學♥生♥運♥動♥員大使
The winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship,
獲勝者將贏得一萬美元獎學金
and represent Rockport at the state caucus in the spring.
並在春季代表洛克波特高中出席全州決策會議
Shiver me timbers. That's a lot of booty.
嚇了老子一跳 錢真多
That's it.
完了
That was pretty great.
挺不錯的
Who did the summer reading
我讓大家在暑假讀的書
that I asked everyone to do?
有誰讀了嗎?
You are new.
你是新來的
You are Lucy Hernandez. Welcome.
你是露西赫爾南德斯 歡迎
Well, Lucy, since you did the summer reading,
好吧 露西既然你讀了暑假閱讀書目
I'll ask you the first question we apparently have to ask
我要問你在談及當今所有藝術作品時人們顯然會問的第一個問題
about every work of art now, no matter what it's about or what time period it was created.
無論作品主題爲何 創作時間爲何
How are women portrayed?
作品是如何刻畫女人的?
Well, I think the real question is, why are we still reading this book?
我覺得真正的問題是我們爲什麼還在讀這本書?
It's written by some rich white guy about some rich white guy,
作者是富裕的白人男性講述了富裕白人男性的故事
and I guess we're supposed to feel bad for him
我猜我們理應同情他
because he's obsessed with the only girl he can't have?
因爲他癡癡地愛上了他唯一無法得到的一個女人?
If the point is to learn about the American dream,
如果重點是瞭解美國夢
we should be reading about immigrants,
我們應該讀讀移♥民♥的故事
or the working class, or Black mothers,
或工人階層、黑人母親
or at least someone who doesn't have a mansion.
或至少是一個沒有豪♥宅♥的人
Why aren't we reading Sandra Cisneros... I thought it was great.
-爲什麼不讀桑德拉希斯內羅絲…-我覺得這是本好書
Hey, I was talking.
我話還沒說完呢
Yeah, I know, but The Great Gatsby is a classic.
對 我知道但《了不起的蓋茨比》是經典
Just because other books are good doesn't mean this is less good.
有別的好書不代表這本書沒那麼好
I didn't say it wasn't good.
我沒有說它不好
I just wish that... You're not listening to me.
-我只希望我們…-你沒聽我說
People have read and have loved The Great Gatsby forever.
人們一直都在讀《了不起的蓋茨比》它深得讀者喜愛
There must be something that makes it so we read it every year at our own school.
這本書肯定有特別之處我們學校纔會每年都讓學生們讀
Spoken like a true Nick Carraway.
這話像是尼克卡拉威親口說的
Do you know who Nick Carraway is?
你知道尼克卡拉威是誰嗎?
He was played by Tobey Maguire in the movie.
在電影裏 他的扮演者是託比馬奎爾
Okay, first day of school.
好的 開學第一天
電影精選列表