你知道他上次怎麼對我說嗎
Do you know what he said to me last time?
我問他"你是家裏最開心的一個嗎"
I said to him, "Are you the jolliest at home?"
他說
And he said,
"是啊 除了家裏的門把手 它跟每個人都握手"
"Yes, except for the door knob because that gives everyone a handshake."
蒂莫西·斯波
桃樂絲·阿特金森
瑪麗昂·貝莉
導演
邁克·李
透納先生
喂
Oi!
我的姑娘 你在啊
Aye, aye, me damsel.
歡迎回家 比利先生
Welcome home, Mr Billy.
-我們都擔心死你了 -爲什麼
-We've been worried to death about you. -For why?
因爲那起爆♥炸♥事故
On account of that explosion.
-什麼 -在奧斯坦德的[比利時]
-What was that? -At Ostend.
噢是 我在安特衛普的時候聽說了
Oh, yes. I heard tell of that at Antwerp.
太可怕了
Dreadful.
這是髒衣服
Dirty linen.
威廉先生特別擔心
Mr William's been getting in a stew about it.
-他出門辦事了 -是的
-Is he out and about his business? -That he is.
你最近怎樣
You faring well?
謝謝
Thank you.
-回家路上還順利嗎 -糟透了
-How was your journey home? -It was execrable.
還需要點什麼別的嗎
You in need of anything else?
有茶嗎
Tea?
-早上好 老闆 -透納先生 你好啊
-Good morning, Signor Grande. -Mr Turner! Buongiorno.
-喬什亞 -早上好
-Joshua. -Morning, sir.
-該死 這裏有老鼠 -這城市最不缺的就是它們
-We have damn rats. -No shortage of them in this city.
討厭至極 簡直是瘟疫
Wretched things! It's an epidemic.
-今天要買♥♥什麼 -我看看
-What can I do for you today? -Well, let me see.
-他回來了 -這幾天隨時會到
-He is back? -We are expecting him any day now.
真好 他真是四處遊歷啊
Bravo! The prodigal son.
-那是要準備好 買♥♥點什麼 -一盎司鉻黃
-Pronti. What do we need? -An ounce of chrome yellow.
-拿鉻黃來 喬什亞 -鉻黃在這
-Chrome yellow, Joshua. -Chrome yellow, sir.
-一大包鉛白 -鉛白
-A large packet of flake white. -Flake white.
你們這一小包羣青多少錢
What is your price for a bladder of ultramarine?
我們的價格是最公道的
My price is the best price.
那多少錢
And what might that price be?
藍羣青產自遙遠的阿富汗
Blue ultramarine is coming from far, far away: Afghanistan.
-還需要什麼嗎 -一瓶罌粟籽油 一點印度紅
-What else do you need? -Bottle of poppy oil, some Indian red.
-拿罌粟油來 喬什亞 -是
-Poppy oil, Joshua. -Yes, sir.
給你的獎品小豬
There's your prize porker.
是不是很帥
Is he handsome?
臉上帶着燦爛的笑容呢
He has a big smile on his face.
-你在做醬汁嗎 -馬上就做好了 就等這個
-You're making the sauce? -It's all but done, save the brains.
好 噢 累死我了
Good. Oh...dearie me!
-要喝茶嗎 威廉先生 -好 謝謝 漢娜
-Will you take a dish of tea, Mr William? -Oh, thank ye, Hannah.
把買♥♥來的東西放下吧 我來
Shall you be putting those chattels away? I should.
-最好現在就去 -嗯
-Best do it now. -Yes.
然後我可以放鬆一下疲勞的雙腿
Then I can rest me weary legs.
你回來啦 比利 兒子
You're home, Billy boy!
嘿 老爸
Hey, Daddy!
我以爲你被炸死了呢
I thought you was exploded.
還跪下祈禱你平安回來
I been down on my knees and praying you was safe.
爸 你這不是瞎忙活嘛
Well, you been chafing your old pedestals for naught, Daddy.
我距離出事地有幾百裏遠啊
I was a hundred miles distant.
-噢 但是你聽說了這事故吧 -聽說了
-Oh, you heard tell of it, then? -I did indeed.
可怕啊 那麼多人一下子死了 四十多個
Terrible, they pour souls as perished, two score or more.
還有兩個勇敢的士兵也犧牲了
Took a few brave soldiers with it an' all.
聽說你這麼擔心 我都有點懊惱了
I was vexed to learn you been entertaining concerns, old Dadda.
這再正常不過了
'Twas only natural.
噢 老爸
Oh, Daddy!
坐船穿過海峽還順利嗎
How was your crossing?
出發時還好 中途有點晃
Set fair on departure, lumpy in the middle.
-是從鹿特丹出發的嗎 -不 是從迪耶普[法國]
-Did you sail from Rotterdam? -No, Dieppe.
從布萊頓出發的夜班車簡直令人髮指
Night coach from Brighton proved to be an heinous travail.
怎麼呢
How so?
裏面坐滿了囉嗦又咯咯笑的女人
It was stuffed full of yacking and cackling females.
1805年10月著名英法兩國海戰
這些滿臉痘的悍婦上了車
Pox-ridden harridan as broad in
就像勝利號♥登陸特拉法加一樣
the beam as the old Victory at Trafalgar.
-這次出門收穫如何 -非常不錯 老爸
-Were your travels productive? -Exceeding refreshing, old Daddy.
嗯 阿姆斯特丹
Yeah, Amsterdam.
看了看倫勃朗的畫
Had a gander at the Rembrandt.
"夜巡""安特衛普大教堂"
Militia Company, Antwerp Cathedral.
魯本斯的三聯畫
Rubens, the triptych.
還有弗蘭德斯 仍舊貧瘠得跟巫婆的胸脯一樣
Flanders, still as flat as a witch's tit.
謝謝你 漢娜 你這狡猾的姑娘
Thank you, Hannah. You sly girl.
有找到合適的住處嗎
Did you find tolerable diggings?
迪耶普的那個臭死 全是跳蚤 後來搬去了港口
Stinking flea pit at Dieppe, then moved to the harbour.
朝西的 可以看到漂亮的日落
Westerly aspect, fine sunset.
爸 我需要一塊8尺乘6尺的畫布
Oh, Daddy, I'm in need of an eight-by-six.
我這裏已經準備好一塊7尺乘5尺半的了
I have a seven by five-and-a-half ready sized and primed.
-這個應該也行 -那正好
-That should suit. -Right you be.
言歸正傳 你最近好嗎
More's to the point, how you been faring?
身體不錯 感謝上帝
In good health, thank the Lord.
-支氣管還是不通暢嗎 -沒有了
-Bronchioles still rattling? -No.
他上個禮拜還不停喘氣
He was wheezing last week.
十月還沒這麼快到 對吧
October ain't quite come round the corner yet, has it?
我去了趟顏料店
I've been over to Grande's.
羣青漲價了 一包要一個基尼
Ultramarine's gone up to a guinea a bladder.
天哪
Gawd's truth!
這匪徒還在打劫我們呢
That brigand still robbing us, is he?
-你需要刮個鬍子 -是啊 不過隨它去吧
-You're in need of a shave. -Yeah, well, be that as it may, Daddy.
我現在還是先去會周公吧
Presently I'm gonna throw myself into the arms of Morpheus.
不要
No!
我上禮拜去了躺西邊 艾克賽特
I took a trip down west, Exeter, last week.
-老伯怎麼樣了 -算過得好吧 考慮到他的情況
-How fares the old uncle? -Bearing up, considering.
-考慮什麼 -他的年紀 並且一個人住
-Considering what? -Well, his age, living alone.
是這樣
Here's the thing.
他想組織一次家庭聚會
He wants to arrange a family gathering.
再來點豬臉肉嗎
Will you take some more cheek?
嗯 再來一片好了
Yeah, cast us another morsel.
你有個釦子沒扣好 比利
Missing your button, Mr Billy.
多謝來訪 請進到這門廳裏
Be so kind as to enter the vestibule.
這麼暗是我們有意爲之
The darkness is to a purpose.
我馬上回來
I shall return by and by.
夫人
Madam.
先生們
Gentlemen.
看這邊
Behold.
往下走三步
Three steps down.
請慢慢欣賞
Pray, view at your leisure.
-你好 漢娜 -您好 薩拉姑姑
-Good day to you, Hannah. -Good day to you, Aunt Sarah.
-你最近好嗎 -我很好 謝謝
-And how are you faring? -Very well, thank you.
-你進來嗎 -當然 他在家嗎
-Are you coming in? -I most certainly am. Is he at home?
他在 我去告訴他你來了
He is. I'll tell him you're here.
謝謝 我自己會告訴他
I can inform him myself, thank you kindly.
-你好啊 -您也是 丹比太太
-Good day to you, sir. -And a very good day to you, Mrs D.
你今天早上忙什麼呢
And how do we find you on this fair morning?
很多事情在忙呢 夫人
Exceedingly preoccupied, madam.
永遠都是這樣 有很多事要忙
'Twas ever thus. You've always been preoccupied.
永遠都是在忙自己的事
You're too preoccupied for your own good, sir.
沒有什麼是無中生有的 夫人
Nothing comes from nothing, madam.
我們從沒在你這裏得到過什麼
And we have had nothing from you, sir.
艾弗琳娜 喬治安娜 過來跟你們父親問好
Evelina, Georgiana, come and greet your father.
父親 您好 能給您看看我的孩子嗎
Good day, Father. May I present my child to you?
-你的外孫女 -羅莎莉·阿德萊德
-Your granddaughter. -Rosalie Adelaide.
你唯一的外孫女
Your only surviving grandchild.
喬治安娜 別磨蹭了
Georgiana, cease your dithering!
我提議 丹比夫人 您能不能
May I suggest, Mrs D, with the utmost respect,
去客廳呢
that you withdraw to the drawing room?
丹比夫人 你好啊 這邊請吧
Good day to you, Mrs Danby. Would you care to step this way?
您好 透納先生
電影精選列表