My Dog Skip
我的小狗斯齊普
Memory is a funny thing.
回憶是個有趣的東西
Recollections slip in and out and around in time
記憶的碎片在腦海中時隱時現, 繚繞徘徊
leaving plenty of room to weave and backtrack
留下充足的空間供你回想與品位
and drift and glide.
讓思緒信馬由繮
In my life, I've found that
在我的生活裏, 我發現
memories of the spirit linger and sweeten
留在心靈上的記憶
long after memories of the brain have faded.
在大腦記憶早已消失後卻變的不能忘卻和更加甜蜜
My fondest memories are of my childhood days
我最愛回憶的是我的同年時代
back in Yazoo, Mississippi.
那是在密西西比的亞蘇
I can still see the town now.
我仍然清晰的記得那個鎮子
Ten thousand souls, and nothing doing.
鎮上有1萬人, 他們過着平靜的生活
Where the old men sat drowsily in straw-bottom chairs
老人們悠閒的坐在凳子上
watching the big cars with out-of-state plates whip by.
看着外地的大車呼嘯而過
Drivers hardly knowing
司機們幾乎不知道
and certainly not caring what place this was.
當然也不關心這是什麼地方
There was a war going on then.
當時還有一場戰爭
And it touched our lives every day.
它時時干擾着我們的生活
War, President Roosevelt reminded us
戰爭, 羅斯福總統號♥召我們
required everybody to make sacrifices. And boy, we did.
要求每個人都做出犧牲, 天啊, 我們做了
The cotton grew tall that year, the summer of 1942
1942年的夏天, 棉花長的很高
but I sure didn't.
但我是個例外
Matter of fact, I stayed so small and puny
因爲實際上, 我還很小, 很弱
I was a target for the neighborhood bullies.
簡直就是鄰里欺辱的最佳對象
Fortunately, I lived next door to Dink Jenkins
但幸運的是, 我住在丁克 詹金斯的隔壁
Yazoo's best athlete and favorite son.
他是亞蘇最好的運動員和最受喜愛的孩子
Dink?
丁克?
Where do you think they'll send you?
他們會派你去哪兒?
Probably Fort Benning for basic, then overseas, I reckon.
可能先到本寧堡軍訓, 然後去海外, 我猜的
How long will you be gone?
你要去多久?
That's hard to say.
這很難說
If you're not home, who will show me how to throw a curve ball?
要是你不在家,誰來教我打弧圈球啊?
You promised to show me.
你答應過我的
Partner, you're gonna do just fine.
夥計, 這你用不着擔心
While I'm gone, you'll make friends your own age
我不在的時候, 你肯定能找到同齡朋友
and who knows, you might even meet a girl.
說不定, 還能交上個女朋友
Will!
威利!
Suppertime!
喫飯了!
This was a time of large families.
那時候都是大家庭
Four or five kids, sometimes more.
家裏孩子四或五個, 有的還更多
So needless to say, ours was already unusual
顯然不用我多說, 我們家很不尋常
what with me being the only child.
家裏只有我一個孩子
My mother was lively and talkative.
我的母親開朗健談
Certainly didn't fit the housewife mold.
顯然不具備家庭主婦的氣質
And my daddy
我的父親
Well, my daddy was stern and overbearing.
他麼, 我的父親很嚴厲而且專橫
He was a war veteran and had lost his leg in battle.
他是個老兵, 在戰場上失去了一條腿
And from most accounts, it changed him.
大多數人覺得, 回來後他變了
Sometimes it seemed that along with that leg
和那條腿一起丟失的
he'd also lost a piece of his heart.
好像還有他心中的一點兒陽光
You know I.C.? Colored fellow at the service station?
你認識I.C.麼? 那個加油站的黑人?
Sure.
當然
His son came back from Europe today Wonderful.
他兒子今天從歐洲回來了
In a box.
是骨灰盒
Somebody around here's gonna be having a birthday pretty soon.
我們家裏很快就要有人過生日了
You been thinking about how you want to celebrate?
你有沒有想過該怎麼慶祝纔好?
A party maybe?
開個晚會?
Will, your mother asked you a question.
威利, 你媽媽問你問題呢?
Stop. You're lucky to have that food, with the rationing.
別玩碗裏的食物. 你夠幸運的了. 還有定額口糧
Would you like a party?
你到底想不想開生日聚會?
I guess.
想吧
I picked these up today at Carr's drugstore.
這是我今天在卡爾雜貨店買♥♥的
Invitations?
是請柬?
You can't very well have a party without guests, now can you?
沒有客人怎麼能叫聚會呢, 對麼?
After supper, you fill them out and give them to your friends tomorrow.
喫過飯就填, 明天到學校發給你的朋友們
Like who?
請誰呢?
What about John Abner?
請約翰 艾布納怎麼樣?
He's 5. He still wets his pants.
他才五歲. 還在尿褲子呢
There are plenty of children who would love to attend your party.
我相信有很多孩子都願意參加你的聚會
Your mother went to a lot of trouble to get invitations.
你媽媽費了很大勁兒才弄來這些請柬
And you will fill them out.
請你把它們填好
Can I be excused?
我可以走了麼?
Yes, you may.
你走吧
Don't forget your invitations.
別忘了你的請柬
What are we gonna do?
有什麼好辦法?
He's gonna be so lonely without Dink.
丁克走後威利會覺得很孤獨
Maybe we should reconsider what we talked about before.
也許我們應該重新考慮我們以前曾經談到過的
Absolutely not. We've been over this already.
絕對不行. 我們已經說好了
It is not a good idea. Not for Will, not now.
這不是個好主意. 不適合威利, 現在不行
He is still too young.
他年紀還太小
Y'all be careful All right, we will!
你們小心點兒
Hey, you wait for us!
嘿, 你們等着我們!
Smile.
笑一笑
You take care, you hear?
小心點兒, 聽到了麼?
Come on, Jenkins!
走吧, 詹金斯!
Can't keep old Adolf a-waitin' !
別讓希♥特♥勒♥等急了!
Fellas, y'all want to come?
夥計, 想和我一起走麼?
We was wondering...
我們想…
We wanted you to sign our football.
我們想讓你在球上簽名
You know, as a souvenir.
你知道, 做個紀念
All right.
好的
Beside Slingin' Sammy Baugh.
在彈弓薩米鮑旁邊
His name came with the ball.
他的名字就在球上
This might be a little soon, don't you think?
你們不覺得我簽名有點兒太早了麼?
I ain't even played college ball yet.
我還沒在校隊出名呢
Jenkins, come on. Let's go!
詹金斯, 快點兒. 快走吧!
Thanks, Dink Let me see!
謝謝, 丁克
Willie-boy, aren't you gonna wish me luck?
威利小朋友, 你不想祝我走運麼?
Y'all give me a second, okay?
再給我一秒鐘, 行麼?
What's the matter?
怎麼了?
When I get back, I'll show you how to throw that curve ball.
等我回來, 我扔個弧圈球給你看
Really?
真的?
Shoot, yeah, really. Don't forget to write me.
真的, 當然是真的. 別忘了給我寫信
Give the letters to my mama. She'll send them.
寫好了交給媽媽. 她知道怎麼寄
I want you to tell me everything that happens around here, okay?
我想讓你告訴我這裏發生的一切, 好麼?
Don't leave nothing out.
什麼也別漏掉
All right?
行麼?
This is mine.
這是我的
I hope it'll mean something to you.
希望能對你有用
You didn't think I'd forget your birthday, did you?
你不會以爲我忘了你的生日吧?
Thanks, Dink.
謝謝, 丁克
I'll see you.
再見
See you!
再見!
Good luck!
祝你好運!
Here we go now!
我們走吧!
Bye-bye, ladies!
再見, 女士們!
Twenty-four, 32, hut, hut!
24, 32, 開始, 開始!
Pass it. Here, I'm open!
傳給我. 我這兒沒人!
Hon.
啊
Hon?!
啊?!
Goofball can't even catch!
傻瓜, 連球都接不住!
Time to come in.
該回家了
Why didn't you catch it, you big titty-baby?
你怎麼不接球啊, 癡呆的小娃娃?
Let me see it.
讓我看看
I can't believe that titty-baby lives right next door to Dink Jenkins.
真不敢相信, 小傢伙竟然就住在丁克 詹金斯隔壁
What a waste!
真是遺憾!
Here, let me help you.
來, 我來幫你
They say this is what all the dapper young men in Memphis are wearing.
我聽說這就是孟菲斯時尚青年戴的
Thank you, Grandma.
謝謝你, 奶奶
Huck Finn! Thank you, Grandpa!
小鬼闖天關! 謝謝你, 爺爺!
電影精選列表