夜與城市
Night and the city.
夜晚就是今晚 明晚...
The night is tonight, tomorrow night...
或任何晚上
or any night.
城市是倫敦
The city is London.
瑪麗
Mary?
瑪麗
Mary?
哈里 你找不到任何錢的
You won't find any money there, Harry.
你什麼意思 監視我
What do you mean, spying on me?
我...我只是找香菸
I, uh... I was just looking for a cigarette.
嗯
Mmm.
我會偷你的 你憑什麼覺得我...
Would I steal from you? What makes you think I...
-現在你在逃避誰 -逃 我
-Who are you running away from now? -Running? Me?
你知道我不會的
Now, you know me better than that.
三天三夜 沒有你的任何音訊
Three days and three nights, and not a word from you.
我很忙
Well, I've been very busy.
我所知道的是 你躺在排水溝裏
For all I knew, you were lying in the gutter
背後插着刀子
somewhere with a knife in your back.
躺在排水溝
Lying in the gutter?
現在 聽着 甜心 我告訴你發生了什麼事
Now, look, sweetheart. I'll tell you what happened.
我在伯明翰
I was in Birmingham.
-伯明翰 -是的
-Birmingham? -Yes!
那兒有個人 在開始一個新的快船線
There's a fellow up there starting a new greyhound track.
他想我作搭檔
And he wants me for a partner.
這是人生的一次機會
It's the chance of a lifetime, Mary.
我這次發達了
I'll be in on the ground floor.
我只想去一天
I only expected to be gone for a day,
但當我看到我所呆的地方的佈局時
but when I saw that layout I stayed over.
當你看到...聽着 甜心 計劃是這樣
And when you see... Look, honey. Look, here's the plan.
多少錢
How much?
"多少錢"
"How much"?
聽着 哈里 又不是第一次了
Look, Harry, we've been through this a thousand times.
多少錢
How much?
呃 好吧
Oh. Mmm. Well, all right.
我們的股份 只有300英鎊
For our share, it's only £300.
-300鎊 一生無憂 -不
-£300, and it's a life of ease and plenty. -No!
你有錢 你這兒就有
You've got the money. You've got it right here.
是的 我有 但不會用於快船線什麼的
Sure. Sure, I've got it. But not for any greyhound track.
-原因 上個月...-但這次不同 瑪麗
-Why, last month it was... -But this is different, Mary.
這次不會失敗
This can't lose!
噢 哈里 你怎麼就不能明白點事
Oh, Harry, why can't you ever grow up?
哈里 你必須控制自己
Harry, you gotta get hold of yourself.
你不能永遠跑來跑去 總是一身大汗
You can't go on forever always running, always in a sweat.
你以爲我喜歡 沒日沒夜
Do you think I enjoy working night after night
在銀狐工作...
at the Silver Fox...
找那些醉鬼
getting drunks drunker?
但我堅持下來 等着我們結婚的那天...
But I'm sticking it out, waiting for the day we can marry...
過體面而正常的生活
lead decent, normal lives.
記得他們嗎 哈里
Remember them, Harry?
很好的人 互相瞭解
Nice people. Nice to know and be with.
記得他們過去的計劃嗎
Remember the plans they used to make?
他們想過的那種生活
The kind of life they were going to live?
我只是想出人頭地
I just want to be somebody.
我得快點了 哈里
I've got to hurry, Harry.
你也要快點
You'd better hurry too.
-羅瑟會生你氣的 -讓他等
-Nosseross is angry with you. -Let him wait.
他和他的大肚子
Him and his big, fat belly.
我不離開這兒
I'm not leaving here.
你是說你害怕離開
You mean you're afraid to leave.
多少錢
How much?
我...全給他了 還差5磅
I... paid him everything but five pounds.
他是投錢在足球場的人
He's the one that put up the money for the football pool.
在這兒等着
Wait here.
進來
Come in!
-亞當 -開窗
-Adam! -Open the windows!
別告訴我你又在煎意大利麪
Don't tell me you tried cooking spaghetti again.
是的 照常是災難性的結果
Yes! With the usual disastrous results.
瑪麗 把那邊瓶子拿過來 快點
Mary, get that siphon bottle there! Quickly!
-這個蘇打 -是的 快點 快點
-The soda? -Yes! Hurry! Hurry!
-來了 -噢
-Here! -Oh!
別站着不動呀 噴射 噴啊
Don't just stand there, woman! Squirt! Squirt!
行了
There.
你正趕上享受
You're just in time to enjoy
最美味的意大利麪
the most heavenly spaghetti dinner.
多謝了 不幸地是 我剛喫過早餐了
Aw, thanks, but I've just had breakfast, unfortunately.
我承認說看上去做得有點過了
I admit it does look a little overdone.
好吧 下個周再試一下
Oh, well. Try again next week.
還是想做的
Probably starve doing it,
但我總會做好的 我保證
but I'll master it in the end, I promise.
那是讓我們分開的東西 懂嗎
That's the thing that keeps us apart, you know.
-你的意大利麪 -是的 某種程度上來說
-Your spaghetti? -Yes, in a way.
當我做我的意大利麪
When I'm having my spaghetti,
你在找你的早晨麪包
you're looking for your morning toast.
你覺得我們可以找個時間
Do you think we might ever arrange our day
找個地點喝個茶嗎
to meet somewhere around teatime?
來吧 坐下
Come on, sit down.
讓我把這些可怕的小怪物
Oh, here. Let me get these hideous little monsters
拿開
out of the way.
噢 我覺得他很可愛
Oh, I think he's cute.
-是她 -好吧 她很可愛
-She. -Well, she's cute.
商家告訴我 它是至今
The shops tell me it's the best-selling design
我給他們的最暢銷的設計
I've given them so far.
-真泄氣 你可能會高興
-Discouraging. -You're probably pleased as punch.
當然 坐下 真的很舒服
Of course. Sit down and really be comfortable.
多謝 亞當 但我要去做事了
Thanks, Adam, but I've got to get on to work.
-我來要你幫個忙 -說吧
-I've come to ask for a favor. -Name it.
你能借我3鎊 明天就還
Could you let me have three pounds until tomorrow?
請自便 打開那個打夜鍾
Help yourself. Punch the night bell.
瑞尼德街的老女人
The old lady of Threadneedle Street
很大方
is well stocked and quite generous.
-它看上去象是英國銀行 -嗯 應該是的
-It does look like the Bank of England. -Well, it should.
我用了我一半的年輕時光復♥制♥的
I spent half my youth reproducing it.
-很好 -當然
-It's very good. -Of course.
太棒了
Wonderful!
你很聰明亞當
You're very clever, Adam.
我是不重要的人
I am about unimportant things.
請自便
Help yourself.
多謝吧 亞當 我現在急需這個...
Thanks, Adam. I happen to need this right now for...
-但我不想它們...-當然
-Well, I didn't expect them to deliver the --Sure.
哈里回來了
Harry's back.
你知道的 對吧
You knew that, didn't you?
這牆 就像一個大的快樂之家
These walls. Just one big, happy family.
他很興奮 就象個孩子
He gets so excited, almost like a child.
但你要知道 人要努力控制
But you know, Adam, one has to fight
不被興奮之情牽着走
not to get pulled in by his excitement.
他的想法總有太多的幻想
His ideas always have so much imagination.
我知道 哈里是個沒有藝術感的藝術家
I know. Harry's an artist without an art.
那是什麼意思
What does that mean?
那就是讓一個人不快樂的東西 瑪麗...
Well, that's something that'd make a man very unhappy, Mary...
找到正確的方式 用這種方式來表達他自己
groping for the right lever, the means with which to express himself.
對 他是那樣的 對吧
Yes, he is that, isn't he?
我喜歡那個 亞當 是個很不錯的想法
I like that, Adam. It's a very nice thought.
是的 但它也很危險
Yes, but it can be dangerous.
噢 不會吧 你又這樣
Oh. no, you don't. Not again.
每次你說話
Every time you talk,
都讓我糊塗到一週內都想不清楚
you mix me up so I can't think straight for a week.
-多謝 亞當 -任何事
-Thanks, Adam. -Anything.
任何時候
Anytime.
-嘿 嘿 哈里 -晚上好 馬吉
-Hi, hi, Harry! -Evening, Maggie!
贏不了的 孩子們 看着
Can't win, boys! Watch it!
晚上好 各位
Evening, boys.