恆星的災難性死亡
The catastrophic death of a star
給宇宙帶來了新的生命
brings new life to the universe.
爲了我們能生存下去 就必須有一顆星星隕落
In order for us to live a star must die.
我們都是星塵
We are all stardust.
你知道你在宇宙中的位置嗎
Do you know your place in the universe?
很長一段時間以來
And for so long we thought
我們一直認爲地球是太陽系的中心
that Earth was the center of the solar system
而銀河系就像灑出的牛奶一樣
and the Milky Way like spilled milk
佈滿天空
across the sky
但後來發現我們並不是宇宙的中心
but we discovered we aren't the center of the universe.
你知道你身處何地嗎
Do you know where you are?
我們的星系所處的區域是什麼樣子的
What kind of neighborhood does our galaxy live in?
宇宙中還有什麼
What other kinds of neighborhoods exist
其他類型的鄰域
in the universe?
你能解釋一下
Can you explain your place
你在宇宙中的位置嗎
in the universe?
大多數人甚至都不能
Most people can't
離開路易斯安那州的新奧爾良
get out of New Orleans, Louisiana.
宇宙中90%的物質
Ninety percent of the matter in the universe
是不可見的
is invisible.
這些都是未知的
It's unidentified.
有很多東西我們看不見
There is much we can't see
發覺不到也理解不了
detect or comprehend
但我們終其一生
yet we spend our lives
都在試圖觸碰到
trying to get to the heart
這種暗能量的核心
of this dark energy.
這種 暗物質
This dark matter.
你可以通過觀察知道很多
And you can tell a lot by looking.
21 21 有人在這個頻道嗎
Two one, two one, anyone on this frequency?
往下說
Go ahead.
早上好 我們接到一個報♥警♥稱有一個死者
Hey, good morning, we got a call of a person down.
奧盧塞伊天文臺
Oluseyi Observatory.
我在地板上發現了一具屍體 看起來像是中了槍
I got here a body on the floor, looks like gunshot.
收到 兇殺案小組也過去 我去叫驗屍官
Copy. Homicide will be there. I'll call the coroner.
-嘿 夥計們 -嘿
- Hey, y'all. - Hey.
-嘿 -早上好
- Hey. - Good morning.
-你給自己買♥♥的嗎 -是啊 那個大的是我的
- Oh, you getting them for you? - Yeah, the big one's mine.
-當然 -我穿的這雙靴子
- Of course. - These boots I'm wearing.
屋頂是開着的
Roof was open.
天文臺經理一到就把望遠鏡蓋上了
The observatory manager covered the telescope on arrival.
他們辨認出屍體是
ID'd the body as Associate Professor
詹妮弗·洛克威爾副教授
Jennifer Rockwell.
沒有強行進入的跡象
No sign of forced entry.
軍官被派到北面的舷梯上了
Officer posted to the external ladder to the north side..
她是羅克維爾家族的人?
One of the Rockwells?
是的 議員湯姆·洛克威爾上校的女兒
Yes, daughter of Councilman Colonel Tom Rockwell.
戰爭英雄 羅克韋爾電力公♥司♥
War hero, Rockwell Electrics.
她昨晚舉♥行♥了一次公開講座
She held an open all lecture last night.
我們有一份參會者名單
We got a list of attendees, crime scene
犯罪現場等待指示
waiting for instruction.
這是.38口徑殺手的標誌
It's the signature of the .38 caliber killer.
他還沒出生呢 西爾弗
Weren't even born yet, Silvero.
一般會有塞在嘴裏的襪子
Usually a sock stuffed in the mouth
防止她說話
to keep her from talking.
你覺得呢 胡利
What do you reckon, Hooli?
邁克
Mike?
怎麼了
What's up?
她從來不會感到不適的
She never gets affected.
不是 呃
No, it's, uh..
是我昨晚喫的漢堡不咋對勁 現在有點難受
...it's a burger last night, it's not sitting right.
是天文臺經理報的案嗎
The observatory manager call it in?
是的
Yes.
伊恩·斯特拉米博士
Dr. Ian Strammi, he's waiting
他在樓下的辦公室等你
in his office downstairs.
一個英國人
English dude
看起來好像打過架
looks like he's been in a fight.
他攻擊了受害者 然後她反擊了?
Attacked her, she fought back?
是敞開式屋頂
Open roof.
所以雨水會浸溼證據
So rain could drench the evidence.
-說吧 託尼 -嗯
- Tony, get talking. - Mm-hm.
你們倆合作得很密切是嗎
So you guys work pretty closely together?
我們是同事
We're colleagues.
你昨晚就從這裏回家了
And you went home last night from here?
好吧 我 我沒有直接回家
W... well, I... I didn't go straight home.
我和詹妮弗的助手 薩布麗娜·懷特在一起
I was with Sabrina White, J... Jennifer's assistant.
薩布麗娜·懷特?
Sabrina White?
是的 我 我們開車去了湖邊
Yes, w... we, we drove to the lake
去看了星星
to look at the stars.
我們聊了一整晚
We were talking all night.
可憐的詹妮弗 可憐啊
Poor Jennifer. Poor Jennifer.
她只是
She just..
打擾一下
Excuse me.
我是邁克·胡利漢警探
I'm Detective Mike Hoolihan.
我是這次調查的負責人
I'm leading this investigation.
噢
Oh.
膿
Ab..
膿腫
A... abscess.
昨晚突然開始的
Came on overnight.
很痛苦
It's... agony.
我不知道 我不知道爲什麼我要提我的牙
I don't, don't know why I'm talking about my teeth..
詹妮弗 上帝啊
Jennifer, Jesus Christ.
我不認爲這和上帝有什麼關係 斯特拉米博士
I don't think Jesus had much to do with this, Dr. Strammi.
你這裏有人很不安生啊
You got one on the go.
你把望遠鏡蓋上了?
You covered the telescope?
好吧 那 那我該怎麼辦
Well, w... what was I supposed to do?
在下雨
It was raining.
望遠鏡會被損壞的
Telescope would have been wrecked.
外面下着傾盆大雨
It was raining cats and dogs.
昨天 昨天晚上天氣很好
I... it was clear last night.
詹妮弗 很開心
Jennifer was... so happy.
七輛利馬揚基回聲142
Seven lima yankee echo one four two
受害者汽車
victims vehicle secured
白色雷鳥敞篷車 紅色內飾
white Thunderbird convertible, red interior..
再見吧
? I'll be seeing you ?
在每個可愛的夏日
? In every lovely summer's day ?
一切光明和歡樂
? In everything that's light and gay ?
啊 我會一直
? Ah I'll always think ?
這樣想你的
? Of you that way ?
我會找到你
? I'll find you ?
在朝陽中
? In the morning sun.. ??
-別亂動東西 -抱歉
- Don't touch anything. - Sorry.
很高興認識你 胡利漢警探
Nice to make your acquaintance, Detective Hoolihan.
你一直是個辦案界傳奇
Yeah, you're a case closing legend.
我是斯特拉·霍妮 第二頻道的新記者
I'm Stella Honey, new reporter for Channel Two.
我們需要一個聲明
We'd like a statement.
嗯 我不是你要找的人
Hm. I'm not the one to see.
你確定嗎
You sure about that?
你想過退休嗎
You ever think about retiring?
你不如直接讓我坐輪椅曬太陽呢 詹尼
Why don't you just wheel me out into the sun, Janey?
我這輩子都在查兇殺案
My whole life's been homicide.
那絕對不是伊恩·斯特拉米
Now, that's no Ian Strammi.
哦
Oh!
怕黑嗎 警探
Afraid of the dark, detective?
黑暗僅僅是沒有電磁波的存在
It's merely an absence of electro magnetic waves.
哦
Oh.
嗯
Hm.
你確定不要律師嗎
Are you sure you don't want a lawyer?
確定 女士 謝謝你
Yes, ma'am, thank you.
我想我不需要
I don't think I need one.
所有東西都藏起來了 對吧
Everything hidden, hm?
電影精選列表