我很強壯!
I'm strong!
我是個大塊頭!
I'm big!
我很性感!
I'm hot!
我是個大塊頭!
I'm big!
靠!
Fuck!
見鬼!
Shit!
嗨 你要去哪兒?
Hey, where you going?
我叫丹尼爾.盧戈
My name is Daniel Lugo.
我熱愛健身
And I believe in fitness.
接下來你們將看到的一系列事件
ED". The events you are about to see took place
1994年10月至1995年6月間 發生在加利福尼亞州 邁阿密的
in Miami, Florida, between October 1994 and June '95.
不幸的是 這是個真實的故事
Unfortunately, this is a true story.
剛出生時我們都一樣
We all start out equal,
貧弱的血液 瘦弱的肌肉
little blobs of blood and muscle.
但卻蘊含着無限的潛能
It's a setup of awesome potential.
可大多數人卻從不會開♥發♥這種潛能
Most people never develop that potential.
但一開始我就知道我和他們不同
- I knew early on I was not most people.
就是那樣 就是那樣! 很棒!
There you go. There you go! Yes!
大塊頭 加油! 寶貝 加油鍛鍊!
Come on, big man. Work it, baby. Come on!
動起來!
Let's go!
因爲如果你願意努力
Because if you're willing to do the work,
你終將得到收穫
you can have anything.
這就是爲什麼美國可以這麼強大的原因
That's what makes the US of A great.
一開始時
When it started,
美國只是 幾個貧弱的殖民地的聯邦
America was just a handful of scrawny colonies.
而現在 成了這個星球上最霸氣外露的帝國
Now, it's the most buff, pumped-up country on the planet.
這很勵志
- That's pretty rad.
怎麼樣?
That's it?
- 得再加把勁 - 我靠
- Work harder. - Shit!
- 噢! 艾德里安又在打藥了! - 沒錯 DL !
- Oh! Adrian's on the juice! - Word up, DL!
很多人說 他們希望看上去能更帥或更靚些
Most people say they want to look better.
但不是每個人都願意付出一切來實現這個目標
Not everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it.
我心中的英雄 全都是自食其力的
All of my heroes are self-made.
比如教父電影中的洛基 煞面疤星
Rocky, Scarf ace, all the guys from The Godfather.
他們都是白手起家 最終取得成功
They all started out with nothing and built their way to perfection.
證明你自己的方式 就是讓你自己變得更強
The way to prove yourself is to better yourself.
這就是美國夢
That's the American dream.
我毫不同情那些揮霍自己天賦的人
I have no sympathy for people who squander their gifts.
這可真令人厭惡
It's sickening.
更令人厭惡的 是沒有愛國心
It's worse than sickening. It's unpatriotic.
今天玩得真開心
Greatest day of my life.
該死的阿諾德·施瓦辛格 這個姿勢差不多吧?
Arnold-fucking-Schwarzenegger, am I right?
我從不做太多健身 雖然我知道這很重要
I was never a big fitness guy. I know it's important,
但你知道麼? 我不喜歡這些重物的真正原因
but you know what I really don't like about weights?
什麼原因?
What's that?
他們實在是太沉了!
They're so heavy!
對吧?
Am I right?
你能舉起這個麼?
Can you lift this?
你可能意識到 我以指導別人爲生
I spot people for a living, when you get right down to it.
在客戶鍛鍊時 提供保護
Gives the client security and a little extra help
並幫助他們更努力地鍛鍊
to push themselves harder.
你知道麼 對我來說 一艘運煙船是毒販必備的
To me, a cigarette boat was a thing drug dealers had, you know?
雖然花了很大一筆錢 但最後我們還是搞到了一艘
But we got it anyway. Cost a fortune.
起了個小狗Luv的名字 L-U-V
Named her Puppy Luv. L-U-V. But when I'm out on it,
但直到我登上船的那天 我都沒有意識到
depending on the day, I either fantasize
我就是個躲避DEA(禁藥取締機構)的毒品走私販
I'm a drug smuggler eluding the DEA,
或者說 我是個被DEA追捕的毒品走私販
or I'm the DEA chasing after a drug smuggler.
現在 我在這兒努力鍛鍊成頭種馬
I'm turning into a stud here.
你有做過什麼鍛鍊麼?
You get any exercise currently?
額..做♥愛♥算麼?
Eh... Besides shtupping?
我有個價值300萬的豪♥宅♥ 旁邊就有個私人的慢跑道
I got a three mil McMansion next to a private jogging path,
但那兒全是同性戀和家庭主婦
but it's all homos and housewives.
那你就成天宅家裏?
You spend most of your day at a desk?
你知道機場那兒有家斯樂斯基餐廳麼?
You know that Schlotzsky's Deli near the airport'?
就是我經營的
That's mine.
開玩笑的吧? 我可喜歡那家了
NO kidding? Oh, I like that place.
我從不開玩笑的 尤杜
I never kid, Yudo.
- 我叫盧戈 - 恩
- Lugo. - Yeah.
盧戈 我們經營很好喫的三明治
We make a nice sandwich, Lugy.
你有試過我們的烘烤牛排和奶酪麼?
You ever try our oven-toasted roast beef and cheese?
- 它們甚至能勾引起一個厭食者的食慾 - 你還有什麼生意?
- Give an anorexic an appetite. - What else do you do?
炒炒股票 做做房♥地♥產♥
Do some stock trading, real estate.
養了幾隻賽犬
Own a few greyhounds for racing.
但出於一些瘋狂的原因 我最引以爲豪的還是三明治
But for some crazy reason, I'm proudest of the sandwiches.
我在家僱了一個性格火♥辣♥的古巴管家
I hang at the house. Got a hot Cuban housekeeper
她做華夫餅時甚至都不需要加楓糖漿
makes a waffle don't even need maple syrup.
丹尼斯 我是靠自己雙手取得成功的
I'm a self-made man, Dennis.
我的成功可以說 就是賺了很大一筆錢
And my self is not ashamed to say it's made a lot of money.
或許你的成功也來自於那份沙拉
Maybe your self ought to spend some of it on a salad.
你知道誰發明了沙拉麼?
You know who invented salad?
是窮♥人♥
Poor people.
事情的起源 是因爲我覺得是時候要更加努力
This all began because it was time to push myself harder.
來取得最大的成功
To maximize results.
我受夠了客戶這樣摸我的頭
And I was tired of clients petting me.
該死 不然我就得穿着這運動服
Shit, otherwise I was looking at another 40 years
再工作40年
of wearing sweatpants to work.
就是這樣 他在電♥話♥裏就把我甩了
And that was it! He just dumped me by phone.
這還真是冷漠
That's cold!
這會讓你質疑整段感情
It makes you question the whole relationship.
你給自己設置了遠大的目標 想要超過大家
You set high goals for yourself and nail every one.
但是在自我改變中最難的事情
But the hardest thing about changing yourself
就是改變其他人看待你的方式
is changing how other people see you.
當一個私人教練就是這樣 私人教練
Being a personal trainer is just that. Personal.
坦白的說
I'm not going to lie.
當客戶和你想的不一樣時
When a client doesn't feel the same way,
會覺得很傷心
it hurts.
接下來幹嘛?
What next?
額 如果你想的話
Well, I mean, if you wanted,
我覺得 我們去喝一杯
you know, if it seems like it would be fun to you,
或許會挺有意思的
maybe we could go for a drink
或者一起去喫晚飯 喝點咖啡飲料什麼的
or a dinner or a coffee or water.
我其實是問 接下來該做什麼鍛鍊了
I meant what exercise is next.
這可真TMD操蛋
ll' really fucking hurts.
哈哈 我知道的 我不過是在開玩笑 來吧!
I know that! I was joking. Come on!
丹尼爾! 我看到你又有新客戶了
Daniel! I see you got some new meat.
約翰 我之前怎麼說的?
What have I always said, John?
想帶來回頭客的關鍵..
The key to repeat business...
就是新生意 如果沒有肌肉男 你沒法建立起一個健身聖地
ls new business. You cannot build a muscle mecca without muscle.
恩 我想把這兒改造成
Well, I want to turn this place
一個國際性的知名聖地
into an internationally renowned mecca.
- 你能負重多少? - 400磅
- What do you bench? -400.
- 幾次深蹲? - 大概五次
- Squat? - More like five.
爲什麼我需要僱傭你呢?
Why should I hire you?
老闆 你有很多年老一些的會員
You have a lot of elderly members, sir.
我想給這兒帶來新鮮血液
I want to pump some new blood into this place.
水池太平靜了
That pool's a very slippery surface
那些老女人帶着浴帽
and that elderly woman with the shower cap,
看起來就好像隨時會在泳池裏死去(健身俱樂部死氣沉沉)
she looks like she's going to croak right there in the pool, sir.
而新鮮會員 可以給你帶來大量的收入
And Gold's is going to crush you.
如果三個月內 我不能讓這兒的會員數翻三倍 那我主動辭職
If I don't triple your membership in three months, I will quit.
三個月內翻三番 你還真是有野心
Triple it in three months. That's pretty ambitious.
老闆 我讀過很多傳記
I read a lot of biographies, sir.
那些偉人的共同點
And the one thing that unites great men
就是總能超越自己
is their reach always exceeds their grasp.
還有件事..我最近在法律上遇到點麻煩事兒
One thing... I recently had some trouble with the law.
他們稱佛羅里達州爲 上帝的休息室
They call Florida "God's waiting room,"
所有那些半死不活的退休市民
all the half-dead senior citizens
都在這沙灘上曬太陽
turning brown on the beach.
該死的 要是你問我 這話什麼意思
Shit, you ask me, that's kind of mean.
我可是很喜歡老人 他們都很慷慨大方
I like older people. They're very generous.
電影精選列表