我認爲 每個人都有一個奇蹟
The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.
像中了強力球的頭獎
Like, maybe you hit the Powerball jackpot.
或者在NBA總決賽最後一秒投籃命中
Or a last-second jumper in the NBA Finals.
或許你上了外太空...
Maybe you make it to outer space...
或者娶英格蘭的女王 等等的
or marry the Queen of England, or something.
如果你認爲世界上都發生着不可思議的事...
If you consider all the unlikely things that happen in all the world...
你會想起碼有一件會發生在我們身上
you gotta think at least one of them will happen to each of us.
但原來 我的奇蹟是不一樣的
Turns out, my miracle was different.
在佛羅里達州
Of all the houses
所有的地區房♥子裏
in all the subdivisions in all the state of Florida...
我偏偏住在了
I wound up living across the street...
瑪戈·羅特·皮戈曼的對面
from Margo Roth Spiegelman.
在我看見她的那一瞬間 我無可救藥地
From the moment I saw her I was hopelessly,
瘋狂地愛上了她
madly in love.
由於我們年齡
Due to our close proximity
和家都很接近...
in both age and location...
還有我也不知道什麼理由...
and for no other reason I could ever discern...
我們很快就成爲了朋友
we soon became friends.
看
Look.
昆汀
Quentin.
他死了
He's dead.
我們應該快離開這裏 瑪戈
We should get out of here, Margo.
我以爲當你死的時候會閉上眼的
I thought you closed your eyes when you died.
事實上...
The truth is...
當時 我覺得那對我
at the time, it didn't feel like
沒什麼大不了的
that big a deal to me.
不像說我認識那個人
It's not like I knew the guy.
如果我焦慮症
If I had a panic attack
每次我不認識的人死了...
every time someone I didn't know died...
我會瘋掉的
I'd go insane.
瑪戈卻很在意
It was a much bigger deal to Margo.
我知道了
I figured it out.
他的名字叫羅伯特 喬伊納
His name is Robert Joyner.
他36歲
He was 36.
據說他離婚了而且他很傷心
Apparently he was getting divorced and he was sad about it.
你怎麼知道這些的
How do you know all this?
我在做調查 你參與嗎
I'm doing an investigation. Are you in?
好啊
Sure.
-很好 快來 -等等 什麼
-Great. Come on. -Wait, what?
他的老婆在海洋世界工作的
His wife works at SeaWorld.
我打賭那是個線索
I bet there's a clue.
瑪戈...
Margo...
我們不能去海洋世界
we can't go to SeaWorld.
已經差不多11點了
It's almost 11:00.
我知道怎麼進去
I can get us in.
快來啊
Come on!
我不想惹麻煩
I don't wanna get in trouble.
那很羞愧 你不覺得嗎
It's a shame, don't you think?
他死的所有原因
All those strings inside him broke.
瑪戈一直很喜歡謎團
Margo always loved mysteries.
而且在那一切發生後
And in everything that came after,
我不禁認爲...
I could never stop thinking...
也許她是那麼喜歡謎團...
maybe she loved them so much...
她也成爲了一個謎團
she became one.
但我要超越自我
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
隨後幾年有很多變化
A lot changed in the years that followed.
瑪戈和我算是...變疏遠了
Margo and I sort of... drifted apart.
但我從沒停止想她...
But I never stopped thinking about her...
我來開門 我來開門
I'll get it! I'll get it.
...而且希望有第二次機會
...and hoping I'd get a second chance.
不給糖就搗蛋
Trick or treat!
好吧 萬聖節快樂 各位
Yeah. Happy Halloween, guys.
不只是我
It wasn't just me.
幾乎所有人都認爲...
Pretty much everyone recognized...
瑪戈是不一樣的
Margo was different.
瑪戈是...
Margo was...
很特別
special.
她的生活發生了
Her life had become a series
一連串不可思議史詩般的冒險
of unbelievably epic adventures.
每一個都讓人覺得太瘋狂了
Each one too insane to be true.
像那次她花了三星期的時間
Like the time she spent three weeks
跟馬戲團一起旅行
traveling with the circus.
或者她跟百萬富翁一起去上下東海岸旅行
Or the time she toured with the Mallionaires up and down the East Coast.
聽着 如果你問貝斯手...
Look, if you ask the bassist...
他也會說我是他的女朋友
he's either gonna say I'm his girlfriend
或者他想我成爲...
or he wants me to be...
不管怎樣我也會回到那裏...
Either way I'm going back there...
所以你不妨別再爲難自己 讓我進去吧
so you might as well make it easier for yourself and just let me in.
而不管她去哪裏...
And wherever she went...
她一直都留下線索給她妹妹 露絲
she always left clues behind for her little sister, Ruthie.
或者其他她認爲值得的人
Or anyone else she deemed worthy.
但我從不是其中一個
I was never one of those people.
隨着高中生活接近尾聲
As senior year drew to a close,
瑪戈和我幾乎不怎麼說話了
Margo and I barely talked at all.
這是你的高中畢業舞會
It's your senior prom.
我真不明白反對的理由
I don't understand the objection.
我有很多反對的理由 媽媽
I have so many objections, Mom.
像慢舞
Like slow dancing.
和快舞 任何一種舞
And fast dancing. Any kind of dancing.
還有穿租來的禮服
And wearing a rented tux.
你可以帶蘇西 鍾去啊
You could take Suzie Chung.
不 我們不再是小孩了
No, we're not a thing anymore.
但她是多麼好的一個女孩子啊 你們倆是怎麼了
But she was such a nice girl. What happened with you two?
我不知道 只是...
I don't know, it just...
就是合不來
Just didn't work out.
嗨 本 嗨 雷達
Hi, Ben. Hi, Radar.
-嗨 傑克布森夫人 -嘿 傑克布森夫人
-Hi, Mrs. Jacobsen. -Hey, Mrs. Jacobsen.
我會狠狠的幹♥她♥
I would hit that so hard.
我不覺得
I don't see it.
幹嘛 昆汀
What? Q!
我不是隻是想幹♥你♥媽♥媽的意思
I'm not saying I just wanna bang your mom.
-她應該受到尊重 -閉嘴
-She should be respected. -Stop.
讚美 你知道 她是個美女
Admired. You know, she's a real lady.
對 她是我媽
Yeah, she's my mom.
我想跟她一起騎單車
I wanna ride bikes with her.
什麼
What?
我喂她喫葡萄 帶她去巴黎
I'd feed her grapes, take her to Paris.
像公主一樣對待她 幹嘛 那有錯嗎
Treat her like the princess she is. What, is that wrong?
這很奇怪
It's weird.
這永遠都那麼奇怪
It's always weird.
我想給她洗澡
I wanna give her a bath.
那會很...
That's gonna be so...
噢 等一下
Oh! Hold on.
嘿 兔子親 畢業舞會跟我一起去嗎
Hey, honey bunny. How's prom looking for you?
沒門 變♥態♥本
Not a chance, Bloody Ben.
不
No.
不
No!
新生都知道那故事了
Freshmen know that story?
當本12歲那年...
When Ben was 12...
他得了腎病
he got a kidney infection
-而且開始拉血尿 -噢 天啊
-and started literally pissing blood. -Oh, God.
當他從醫院回來的時候...
By the time he came back from the hospital...
一個謠言傳遍了整個學校...
a rumor had spread through the entire school...
他的病是長♥期♥手♥淫♥所導致的
that his condition was the result of chronic masturbation.
我永遠都找不到舞伴了 是吧
I'm never gonna get a prom date, am I?
別擔心
Don't worry about it.
舞會浪費時間和浪費金錢
Prom is a waste of time and a waste of money.
雷達要去舞會
Radar's going to prom.
雷達他有女朋友 所以他一定要去舞會
Radar has a girlfriend, so he has to go to prom.
太差勁了
Lame.