Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to read this...
接下來 我將讀一段話
and you're going to listen, and you're going to stay on the line.
你們要留心聽 不要掛電♥話♥
You're not going to interrupt. You're not going to speak for any reason.
你們不要插嘴 不能以任何理由發言
Now, some of this you know. I'm going to start at the top of the page.
我想從頁面頂端開始讀
Meticulous, yes. Methodical. educated.
他們是非常謹慎 非常細心…
They were these things.
非常有教養的人
Nothing extreme. Like anyone, they varied.
他們像普通人一樣 並不是極端分子
There were days of mistakes and laziness and infighting.
他們也曾犯錯 也曾偷懶 也曾內訌
And there were days, good days, when by anyone's judgment...
在他們順利的日子裏
they would have to be considered clever.
人們會覺得他們很聰明
No one would say that what they were doing was complicated.
沒人覺得他們做的事情很複雜
It wouldn't even be considered new. except maybe in the geological sense.
也沒人覺得他們做的事情很新潮
They took from their surroundings what was needed...
他們從自己周圍獲取所需
and made of it something more.
回饋更多的東西
We haven't even set up an appointment. What order date did you put on this?
我們還沒約好呢 你貼了哪個訂單日期在上面?
The 28th. Why? I don't know... Yeah, I'm putting 28th.
28號♥ 怎麼了? 我不知道 好吧 我貼28號♥吧
Have you thought any more about what you want to put forward?
你想過你還要提出些什麼主意嗎?
Not really. Because I was
還沒呢 因爲我…
I mean I haven't changed my mind or anything.
我沒有改變主意
Phillip and I were talking, and we think it could be good. It'd be fun.
我和菲利普談了 我們覺得會挺好玩的
Nobody's saying it wouldn't be fun.
沒人說它不好玩
The time for jacking around with tesla coils and ball lightning in the garage is over.
在車♥庫♥裏擺弄線圈和球狀閃電的日子結束了
Maybe you should try it on your own in yourfree time.
也許你有空的時候自己嘗試吧
My free time? The free time afterthe 50 hours a week at work...
我有空的時候?我在那車♥庫♥ 每週工作50個小時
or afterthe 30 hours of free time I already spend in that garage?
連30小時的空閒時間 也在車♥庫♥裏虛度
And it's not a tesla coil.
這不是線圈問題
I could save a few minutes a day by eating on the toilet.
我可以在廁所喫飯 這樣每天能省下幾分鐘
How many patents do we have? In the last 14 months?
我們拿了多少項專利? 在過去14個月裏?
Did you sign the agreement? Nobody signed the agreement.
你籤合約了嗎? 沒人簽約
Doesn't matter, we're sticking to the agreement.
沒關係 我們繼續爲簽約努力吧
Name one thing out of that garage that's remotely profitable.
那車♥庫♥裏有哪一樣東西 是可能賺錢的?
I don't see anybody quitting their jobs because of it. Are you?
我沒看到誰要因此辭職 你呢?
Abe just means that right now the JtAG cards are it.
埃布爾說的是互聯測試卡
When you look at the addresses, we have a lot of apartments. A lot of residences.
拿起黃頁隨便翻一下 就能看到很多家庭電♥話♥
But these are not the bulk orders to the OeMs or retail giants.
但這些不是貼牌生產和 零售巨頭的大宗訂單
These are the quiet basement Hackers.
只是基礎用戶 黑客
Yeah, hacker wannabes testing their dads' old motherboards.
是的 黑客們 在測試他們老爸的舊主板
And I know that a lot of that is my fault, admittedly, you know.
我承認 這大部分都是我的錯
With everything last year, and the doubletalk we were getting from Platts...
去年我們諸多不順 我們差點 獲得普拉斯公♥司♥雙向通話合約
and all the stuff we won't get into now We should get into it.
現在我們很多事情還解決不了 -我們該解決它們
I'm sorry. What?
對不起 什麼?
Go ahead. Tell him.
告訴他吧
We should get into it. I talked to my brothertoday.
我們該解決它們 我今天跟哥哥談過了
He knows of two other cases like that at his firm.
他聽說他公♥司♥裏也有類似 的兩個案例
Let Platts know that we're talking about it. Look, forget Platts.
讓普拉斯知道我們在說起他 忘了普拉斯吧
This has got to be about what has the best chance of going to market...
這將成爲市場上最好的商機
and what is going to get us VC attention.
我們將吸引到風險投資
Look, I stuck by you guys when it was yourturn.
你們作主的時候 我和你們共同進退
Of what we were doing...
我不能100%肯定我們 現在做的事
or even if I didn't agree, maybe.
即使我不同意
But if it's my turn...
但如果輪到我作主
if we're still playing by the rules, then this is what I want to try.
如果我們仍然按規矩辦事 我就想嘗試這樣
Here, take it. They said it wouldn't hold a freeze.
拿走吧 聽說它要冷藏的
Robert, please. It's not going to hold.
羅伯特 一定要冷藏它
It's going to go bad in my car. It'll go bad here. Okay, thanks.
在我車裏會變質的 在這裏也是變質 好吧 謝了
Good night, all. See you.
大家晚安 再見
We just got done giving this huge speech We gave the speech?
我們剛做完長篇大論 是嗎?
We just got done. It was five minutes ago.
我們剛說完 就在五分鐘前
I'm the one that forced the issue. They're onto us because I suck as the bad cop.
是我逼大家說的 他們要對付我們因爲我很討厭
You should do it. You could fake it better. I don't know about that.
你該做的 你可以假裝得更好 -我不知道
As long as we're going down this road where it's eighth grade physics...
只要我們繼續走這條道路
and happy fun time out in that garage, I think we could stand to try this.
繼續在那車♥庫♥裏享受快樂 也許就能嘗試這個項目
Phillip and Robert are gung ho on theirs, and that's fine.
菲利普和羅伯特在合作 他們的項目 那樣很好
But you know I have no interest in that.
但我對那項目沒興趣
I know you have no interest, besides the fact...
我知道你沒興趣 但事實上…
that Phillip and Robert don't even need us. They just want to use the equipment.
菲利普和羅伯特不需要我們 他們只想使用設備
For what I want to do? We don't need them.
我要做的事情也不需要他們
Not even Phillip, because it doesn't need software.
連菲利普都不需要 因爲它不需要軟件
Is she asleep? No, and she needs a bath.
她睡了嗎? 沒有.她要洗個澡
She'll wind up in the closet if I do it. That's fine.
她應該關上廁所門 那很好
You know, even if Robert's okay with it, and he won't be.
即使羅伯特能接受 他也不會的
I don't understand what that thing will do. We'll let them go at it fortwo months.
我不明白那東西有什麼用 我們讓他們幹兩個月
They do theirs, we do ours. They said it'd take 14 hours.
他們做他們的 我們做我們的 他們說要14個小時
Don't eat that. Seriously, it's bad.
別喫 說真的 變質了
We threw the first couple of batches out. The filter.
我們把上面那些扔掉了 過濾器壞了
What about crushed?
那我攪碎了再喫
These guys are funded.
這些人獲得資助
These guys are... What? Liquid helium. These guys are funded.
這些人什麼? 液態氦.這些傢伙獲得資助
That's what this is.
看看這裏
That's the whole difference. That's what the box is.
這就是最大區別 箱子就是這樣的
We don't have to play the game where we're going back and forth...
我們不必反覆折騰一些 創新方法…
coming up with innovative ways to make it colder and unusable in the process.
反而使它變得更冷 更不可用
Aaron, I need the hexagonal set. This is unmarketable.
亞倫 我需要六角形裝置 這東西賣♥♥不出去
By coming at it from the back end, ratherthan changing...
我們反過來處理 而不需改變環境溫度
the surrounding temperature, we'll change the level it'll conduct...
那樣就能改變它 引導臨界溫度的水平
the transition temperature. And by bombarding these edges
通過轟擊這些邊緣…
they're dropping the ceramic, the temperature lower and lower.
他們要減少陶瓷 使溫度變得越來越低
It makes the ceramic less resistant and knocks out the interior magnetic field.
降低陶瓷的抵抗力 打破內部磁場
What I'm saying is we drop the box down on it.
我建議我們把箱子放在上面
what's going on inside the ceramic.
關注我們要排除的磁場 用陶瓷裏面的變化來排除它
That should change the transition temperature to something we can work with.
那樣將改變臨界溫度 使我們可以操縱
What are we saying that is? Hopefully, near room temperature.
要改到多少度呢? 希望能接近室溫
What is that about? The best mathematician is a lazy one?
越簡便越好嗎?
What did you ask for? I asked. I need the hexagonal set.
你剛纔要什麼? 我要六角形裝置
What did you call it? Just come on.
你把它叫做什麼? 先聽我說
Are these type One? The superconductors?
這些是一型嗎? 超導體?
Yeah, they're type One.
是的 它們是一型的
Is that going to be a problem?
那樣有問題嗎?
There's plenty lying around at work, but they're all bar coded.
雖然有很多虛假的干擾 但都被標上了條形碼
If I have to, I'll buy the kits. What are you doing about the source?
有必要的話 我會買♥♥些工具 你打算怎樣處理電源?
What?
什麼?
I can get them. You can... Are you sure?
我能搞定 你肯定能搞定?
I thought you didn't like this idea.
我還以爲你不喜歡這個方案呢
Buy them if you have to. everything else we can take care of.
有必要的話 就買♥♥吧 我們搞定其它事情
What about the source here?
這裏的電源怎麼辦?
You know that story about how NASA spent millions...
我們知道國家航♥空♥總局 花了數百萬美元…
developing this pen that writes in zeroG? Did you ever read that?
研發了這支零重力電筆嗎? 你沒聽說過嗎?
And how Russia solved the problem? Yeah, they used a pencil.
俄♥國♥人是怎樣解決這個問題的 -他們用鉛筆
Right, a normal wooden pencil.
普通的木質鉛筆
It just seems like Phillip takes the NASA route almost every time.
菲利普似乎每次 都跟隨航♥空♥總局的路線
Palladium? You've got their diagram, what does it say?
鈀? 他們的圖表上說什麼?
They use a ratio of platinum and palladium.
他們用了鉑和鈀的合金
That's not necessary with the changes I made.
用我的改進方法 就沒必要這樣做
They're just showing off. If you have it, use it.
他們只是在炫耀 有什麼就用什麼吧
I want to get a replacement router.
我想搞到一個置換路由器
I'm putting down four ounces of palladium. Did Robert look at it?
我要放下四盎司鈀 羅伯特看了嗎?
I already got his. I can't fix it.
我已經搞定了 我修不好
Okay. Where are you getting it? WalMart. It's $50.
好吧.你從哪裏買♥♥的? 沃爾瑪.50塊
Okay. Can you get a receipt, please? Yeah.
好吧.記得開收據 好的
Wait, platinum or palladium is less resistant?
等等 鉑和鈀哪一個更穩定?
Abe? It's not a Yeah, I don't care.
埃布爾?這不是… 我不在乎
So resistance doesn't matter. I need an aye or a yes.
穩定性沒關係 我要正面回答
Did you jiggle the the collet nut?
你還要不要… 底座螺母?
Robert did it. Well, yes. I guess.
羅伯特買♥♥了 我想是的
Well, then, which is cheaper? You're not going to buy it, are you?
哪一個更便宜? 你不會買♥♥吧?
Well, unless you've got a few grams of palladium lying around.
除非你已經搞到幾克鈀了
Why would they put it in there if you didn't need it?
如果你不需要 他們爲什麼還放在那裏?
One catalytic converter. It's fine.
排氣淨化器 好東西
Rememberto put it back.
記得放回去 你的發熱量上升到300%了
Is there enough in here? Yeah, should be.
這裏足夠嗎? 應該夠
電影精選列表