我代表那些犧牲的人們 接受此獎項
I accept this honor for our lost ones,
他們的鮮血鋪就了我們的道路
whose deaths pave our path.
爲了兩千萬黑人男女同胞們
And for the 20 million Negro men and women
我們爲了尊嚴而行動 蔑視所有絕望
motivated by dignity and a disdain for hopelessness.
這領帶不對
This isn't right.
科瑞
Corrie.
這不對
This ain't right.
怎麼了
What's that?
這個領帶 系得不對
This necktie. It's not right.
親愛的 這不是一般的領帶 是寬絲綢領帶
Well, it's not a necktie, dear. It's an ascot.
我知道 但通常來說系的方法是一樣的 不是嗎
Yes, but generally the same principles should apply, shouldn't they?
看着就是不對
It's not right.
是系得不對 還是你不喜歡
It's not right, or you don't like it?
這種樣式我不喜歡
I don't like how this looks.
我覺得既尊貴又溫文爾雅
Looks distinguished and debonair to me.
我明白我的意思
You know what I mean.
這好像我們過着很奢侈的生活
Like we're living high on the hog.
我們可以打扮成這樣 而家鄉的人們...
Dressed like this while folks back home are...
這樣不對
It's not right.
等回去之後他們見到我怎麼說吧
Wait till the brothers back home see me like this.
夠他們笑的了
They'll have a good laugh.
讓他們笑去吧
Let them laugh.
離家幾天又不犯法 馬丁
It's not a crime to be away for a few days, Martin.
出個門也挺好的 對吧
It's nice being away, huh?
是啊 的確
Yeah. It really is.
聽我說
Look here.
我以後要去個小地方當牧師
I'm gonna be a pastor somewhere small.
大學城
College town.
在小教堂當神父 教點書
Lead a little church. Teach a class.
可能偶爾做做演講
Maybe the occasional speaking engagement.
那我得付全家的賬單了
And I'll pay all the bills for us,
尤其是自家房♥子的貸款
especially the mortgage for our very own house.
那太好了
Perfect.
你看上去很帥氣
You look handsome.
儘管重重阻礙
Through it all,
馬丁·路德·金提出了自己的夢想
Martin Luther King has spoken of his dream.
這個夢想
One which we
是我們 以及全世界其他許多人都共有的
and many other people around the world share.
他是爲了正義迎難而上的英雄
To this undeterred hero for justice,
挪威奧斯陸的諾貝爾獎委員會
the Nobel Committee of Oslo, Norway,
向他頒發196♥4♥年度和平獎
awards our 196♥4♥ Peace Prize.
我代表那些犧牲的人們 接受此獎項
I accept this honor for our lost ones,
他們的鮮血鋪就了我們的道路
whose deaths pave our path.
我把這個獎獻給兩千多萬的美國黑人
I accept this honor for the more than 20 million American Negroes
我們爲了尊嚴而行動
who are motivated by dignity.
齊心協力 我們堅信
Together we believe that what the illusion
霸權的幻想終將破滅
of supremacy has destroyed,
平等的真理會繁榮興旺
the truth of equality can nourish.
我向你們保證 這一點都不可怕
I promise you. It ain't nothing to be scared of.
很快的 而且牧師就在你身邊
It's quick. And the pastor is right there next to you.
嗯 但最大的問題是頭髮會弄溼
Yeah, but the biggest thing is getting your hair wet up.
我當天早晨才燙直了頭髮
I got my hair pressed that same morning
一沾到水就全廢了
and it was wasted as soon as I hit the water.
我該聽媽媽的話 戴泳帽來
I should have worn a swim cap like Mama said.
我問了媽媽
See, I asked my mama
自己能不能弄跟科瑞塔·斯科特·金一樣的髮型
could she make my hair like Coretta Scott King had hers
她在華盛頓遊♥行♥時候那樣的
at the Washington March.
但她說那太成熟了
But she said that was too grown.
噢我好喜歡她的頭髮
Oh, I love her hair.
我聽說她都不用捲髮棒的 天生就是那樣
I heard she don't even put rollers in it. It's just like that.
但我研究過了 我知道她的髮型是怎麼做的
But I studied it. I know how she do it.
把頭髮從中間分開 然後...
See, she parts in the middle and then...
安妮·李·庫伯
Annie Lee Cooper!
快點過來吧 我可沒有整天時間陪你耗
Get on up now. I ain't got all day.
你是在療養院爲鄧恩先生工作的 對吧
You work for Mr. Dunn down at the rest home, ain't that right?
是的
Yes.
不知道鄧恩先生會怎麼想 如果我告訴他
Wonder what old Dunn'll say when I tell him
他手下的人來這裏忙着小題大做了
one of his gals is down here stirring a fuss.
我這不是小題大做 我只是想註冊並投票
I ain't stirring no fuss. I'm just here trying to register to vote.
這次我都填對了
It's all right this time.
我說對纔對
It's right when I say it's right.
背誦憲法序言 知道"序言"是什麼嗎
Recite the Constitution's preamble. Know what a preamble is?
"我們合衆國人♥民♥"
"We the people of the United States,
"爲建立更完善的聯盟"
"in order to form a more perfect union,
"樹立正義"
"establish justice,
"保障國內安寧"
"ensure domestic tranquility,
"提供共同防務 促進公共福利..."
"provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare..."
阿♥拉♥巴馬州有多少縣法官
How many county judges in Alabama?
67個
Sixty-seven.
把名字都說出來
Name them.
結束沒有 還沒結束嗎
Aren't we done? Are we not done with this?
-這事還有完沒完了 -我也不知道 總統先生
-Will this ever end? -I don't know, Mr. President.
一份詳盡的計劃已經安排好了
A comprehensive plan is already in place.
法案六個月前纔剛剛通過
The act was only passed six months ago.
缺乏耐心只會有損大局
So hammer home that impatience only hurts the overall cause.
我們就快成功了 只需要不斷重申我們的計劃
We're... We're getting there. Just... Just keep reiterating the plan.
不 他不想再聽什麼重申
No, he doesn't want reiteration.
他有需求 這樣就可以說
He wants something so he can say,
"我告訴你了 我有一個夢想"
"Look, I told you I had a dream
"這些夢想都他媽的實現了 不管你喜不喜歡"
"and it's all coming goddamn true, whether you like it or not!"
這纔是他想要的
That's what he wants.
他需要做的是 跟我們站到統一陣營
What he needs to do is get on board with what we're doing
而不是作對 哪怕一次都好
instead of the other way around. For once!
總統先生 金博士到了
Mr. President, Dr. King.
總統先生
Mr. President.
金博士
Dr. King.
實話告訴你 我雖然長得高
Well, I'll tell you. I'm a tall son-of-a-bitch,
但站在你這位諾貝爾獎得主面前
but this close to the new Nobel laureate
加之你最近獲得的諸多榮譽
and with all those other trinkets you've been collecting lately,
我感覺自己就像小狗一樣矮小
I feel tits-high to a puppy dog.
謝謝您 總統先生
Well, thank you, Mr. President.
懷特先生
Mr. White.
-好的 -金博士
-Dr. King. -All right.
告訴你吧 能夠結束種族隔離
I'll tell you, ending segregation,
簽署6♥4♥年的民權法案 是我人生最榮耀的時刻
proudest moment of my life when I signed that '6♥4♥ Act.
人生最榮耀的時刻
Proudest moment of my life, I tell you.
你也知道
Now civil rights is a priority
-民權問題已是本屆政♥府♥的首要任務 -謝謝
-of this administration as you know. -Thank you.
我們會直面挑戰
We're gonna face the challenge,
不然這個國家的問題將越積越多
or this country is storing up a heap of trouble for itself.
現在 我也知道無法說服你和政♥府♥合作
Now, seeing as I can't convince you to work with my administration
以白宮官方人員的身份
in an official capacity inside the White House,
我自覺十分幸運
I feel damn fortunate
能有像你這樣的政♥治♥家
to have someone as statesmanlike as you
來領導這場運動
leading the movement.
我希望繼續由你來領導 不要別人
And I want you to go on leading it. No one else.
不要馬爾科姆·X那種激進分子
Not one of these militant Malcolm X types.
所以我想助你們一臂之力 請告知我該怎麼做
So... I wanna help. Tell me how.
那麼 總統先生
Well, Mr. President,
我此行的目的是特別關於
I'm here to speak specifically about the denial
黑人公民的基本權利遭到了拒絕
of a basic American right for the Negro citizen.
我們的選舉權
The right to vote.
這個 事實上...
Well... Technically...
既定事實是 我們已經有選舉權 沒錯 總統先生
Technically, we already have it. Yes, Mr. President.
但我們都知道 在南方
But, we both know in the South
黑人選民無法註冊 也無法參與投票
black voters are kept off the rolls and out of the voting booths
因爲他們遭到各方的恐嚇 總統先生
by systematic intimidation and fear, Mr. President.
你也問起 自己怎樣才能幫到忙
Now, you asked how you can help.
我們需要聯邦立法
We want Federal legislation
保證黑人公民能安心參與選舉
granting Negroes the right to vote unencumbered.