至1937年夏 斯坦·勞雷爾和奧利佛·哈迪已經是好萊塢最著名的喜劇明星
瓶子杯子酒店
兒童經過
停
由勞雷爾和哈迪親自評判
泳裝美人♥大♥賽
但從此以後兩人再無一起表演
斯坦和奧利在巡迴演出結束後返回美國
此後斯坦拒絕了所有演出邀請完全退休
奧利沒有康復 並於1957年去世
撰寫喜劇素材 直到1965年去世
在隨後的8年裏 斯坦仍在爲勞雷爾和哈迪組合
So, you'll never guess who turned up yesterday.
你肯定猜不到昨天誰來了
Go on.
你說
Madelyn. Madelyn showed up?
馬德琳 馬德琳來了
Completely out of the blue. I haven't seen her in 15 years.
完全是個意外 我有15年沒見到她了
And there she was, standing on the doorstep,
她就那樣出現 站在門階上
all gussied up.
精心打扮了一番
And that's a sight I thought I'd never see again.
我以爲再也看不到她這個樣子了
What did she want?
她想要什麼
20,000 bucks.
2萬大洋
20,000 bucks?
2萬大洋
15 years of back alimony. I said, "What alimony?
拖欠的15年贍養費 我說"什麼贍養費
"When we split up, I gave you whatever money we had,
"我們分手的時候 我把我們所有的積蓄都給了你
"and you took the car.
"你還開走了車
We agreed, that was that." Geez, not even Mae asked for that,
我們說好的 就那些" 天呀 梅也不會這樣獅子大開口
and she wanted me to pay for a chauffeur.
她還叫我付司機車費
It's because our pictures are plastered all over town.
因爲城裏到處都貼着我們的照片
Probably some lawyer's bright idea.
可能是律師的鬼點子
Well, in any case, I haven't got it.
不管怎樣 我沒有那些錢
Myrtle cleaned me out when we split.
美特爾在分手的時候已經把我洗劫一空
You been down to Tijuana?
你去過提華納
Why you ask? We had a few days off.
怎麼會問這個 我們有幾天休息時間
Well, as a matter of fact,
事實上
I did take a little trip down there
我確實去那裏轉了一圈
with Mysterious Montague, trying to win some back.
和神祕的蒙塔古一起去的 就想能贏點錢回來
Not entirely successfully, unfortunately.
不幸的是 一點不遂我的心意
Hey, when is your contract up?
嘿 你的合同什麼時候到期
We should ask for a little more money.
我們應該要求漲一點報酬
A little more? Are you kidding?
只漲一點 你是在開玩笑吧
Charlie, Buster, Harold,
查理 伯斯特 哈羅德
they get ten times what Hal pays us.
哈爾付給他們的報酬是我們的十倍
Well, they own their own pictures.
可是 他們也在拍自己的電影
Exactly. That's what we're gonna do.
對 我們也要這麼幹
Hey, boys. How's it going?
嘿 小夥子們 最近怎麼樣啊
Georgie. We're going shark fishing.
喬治 我們要去捕鯊魚
Mr. Laurel doesn't know it yet, but he's the bait.
勞雷爾先生還不知道 他就是魚餌
Now, how are we gonna do that? We're under contract.
我們怎麼幹 我們有合約在身
We can't just change the terms.
我們不可能直接修改條款
Well, we stick together, we renegotiate with Hal,
我們團結一致去找哈爾談判
get a bigger slice of the pie.
爭取拿到更高的份額
If that doesn't work, then we walk and set up on our own.
如果不奏效 我們就一走了之自立門戶
Oh, I don't know. I mean, I'd love to own our pictures,
噢 我不知道 我是說 我也想拍自己的電影
but it just doesn't seem like the right time.
不過現在好像時機不對
I've got a lot going on.
我現在煩心事一大堆
This overhead is killing me.
日常開支都快要了我的命
Hi, Babe. Hello, girls.
嗨 巴比 你們好 姑娘們
Hey, guys, you're wanted on set.
嘿 夥計們 你們該上臺了
Ah, Burgess, just the man.
啊 伯吉斯 正好
Listen, take this to our friend.
聽着 你把這個送給我們的朋友
Tell him I want it on Bold Venture,
告訴他押在"傻大膽"上
the fourth race at Santa Anita, on the nose.
聖安妮塔的第四場比賽 別搞錯了
There's something in there for you. Would you do it right away, please?
那邊也有給你的東西 麻煩你能儘快去送嗎
It's about to start. Okay. Thank you, Mr. Hardy.
快要開始了 好的 謝謝你 哈迪先生
You'll be fine, Babe.
你會沒事的 巴比
Just lay off the horses and don't get married again.
如果你別再賭馬 也別再結婚
Oh, I didn't tell you.
噢 我還沒跟你說
I proposed to Lucille. Scripty Lucille?
我向露西爾求婚了 寫劇本的露西爾
Yes. Damn.
對 見鬼
And she said yes.
她也同意了
Ah. That's great news, Babe.
啊 真是好消息 巴比
She needs a head examining, but...
她需要去看看腦子了 不過
great for you.
對你是個好消息
Here.
這兒
I'm never getting married again.
我可不打算再婚了
I'm just gonna find a woman I don't like
我只想找一個我不喜歡的女人
and buy her a house.
給她買♥♥座房♥子
That's a good one.
聽起來不錯
Listen, I can't afford to fool around with my income,
聽着 我的那點收入可經不起折騰
so don't antagonize Hal, will you, please?
所以你就別與哈爾爲敵 可以嗎 拜託了
I don't like to talk about business.
我不喜歡談論生意
Not when we're working.
特別是眼下正在工作的時候
I promise I'll be as nice as pie,
我答應你我不生氣
so long as he doesn't show up.
只要他不露面
They're ready for us, girls.
他們在等我們了 姑娘們
What's this? Our rodeos are getting a lot more interesting.
這是什麼 我們的競技表演越來越有趣了
You know, I don't miss England one little bit.
你知道 我一點都不想念英國
Hello, girls. Hi.
你們好 姑娘們 嘿
Hello.
你們好
Oh, by the way, I've chartered a sailboat
順便告訴你 我租了一艘帆船
to Catalina this Saturday.
這個週六去卡特琳娜島
You want to come? Ah...
你一起來嗎 啊
I-I gotta work on the gags for the bar routine.
我-我在酒吧還有一些事要做
Ah, be a lot of nice girls there. Yeah?
會有很多漂亮姑娘的哦 是嗎
Miss Myrna Loy will be on board, among others.
墨娜·洛伊小姐也會在船上 還有其他人
Ah, yeah, well, all right, maybe I'll come.
哦 這樣啊 好吧 我可能會去的
What are all these Romans doing here?
這些羅馬人在這幹什麼
I don't know. Maybe there's a sale at the Forum.
我不知道 可能廣場有大減價吧
You've got a million of 'em, don't you?
你的幽默張口就來 不是嗎
Hey, Lucille, have you got my sides over there?
嘿 露西爾 你拿着我的臺詞本嗎
Right here, Mr. Horne. Thank you.
就在這 霍恩先生 謝謝你
A sweet for my sweet.
給我寶貝一個寶貝
Oh, thank you, Babe.
噢 謝謝 巴比
Listen, let's not talk about leaving.
聽着 我們先別說要離開的事
Let's just try to get ourselves a raise.
我們試着看能不能漲一點薪水
Hey, Jimmie. Give you a raise?
嘿 吉米 漲薪水
He'd rather lower Hollywood, and that's a Scotsman talking.
他寧可給整個好萊塢減薪 記住我這個蘇格蘭人說的話吧
Going for a smoke.
去抽支菸
That's it, Stan.
對啦 斯坦
We're through.
我們友盡了
I'm throwing the moral clause at you.
我要跟你好好說說道德條款的事
Morning, Hal.
早 哈爾
Another fight at his place last night.
昨晚這裏又有一起打架事件
One of the neighbors sees Ruthie sock him in the mouth,
一個鄰居發現露蒂把襪子塞到他的嘴裏
so they call the cops.
所以他們報了警
She found out about Vera.
她在調查薇拉的事
Yeah, it cost me 500 bucks to keep it out of the papers,
是啊 花了我500塊錢纔沒有立案
and that's coming out of your paycheck.
這筆錢要從你的薪水裏扣
You signed a contract not to prejudice Hal Roach Studios.
你籤的合同要求不能損害哈爾·羅奇製片廠的聲譽
Well, you know all about prejudice. How's your pal Mussolini,
哦 你在這兒跟我談聲譽 那你的同志墨索里尼呢
the one you were going to go into business with
你的那個生意夥伴
before he started bombing all those poor people in Africa?
用炸♥彈♥炮轟非洲的窮苦老百姓
You see? All he wants to do is fight.
看到了吧 他就是這麼好鬥
What are you looking for, Stan? I'm looking for a fair price
你到底有什麼目的 斯坦 我只想要合理的薪水
for a Laurel and Hardy picture, and you know it.
那部勞雷爾和哈迪的電影 你心知肚明
Our pictures sell all around the world,
我們的電影全球熱銷
and we haven't got a dime.
可我們一分錢也拿不到
That's because you keep getting divorced!
那是因爲你天天鬧離婚
No, it's because you're a cheapskate who got rich off our backs.
不對 因爲你是踩在我們背上發財的吝嗇鬼
Oh, come on, now, Stan. He is.
噢 別說了 斯坦 他本來就是
He's a cheapskate, a skinflint and a... and a parvenu.
他是個吝嗇鬼 小氣鬼 暴發戶
A parvenu? He thinks, because my contract's up
暴發戶 他以爲我的合同到期了
and yours isn't, that I won't be able to go anyplace else
你的還沒有 所以我會無處可去
and I'll have to take what he's offering.
我接受他的好意
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Mr. Roach?
等等 等等 羅奇先生
What's a parvenu?
什麼是暴發戶
電影精選列表