在幾個小時的打理後...
After hours of getting this thing right...
天啊 看看那個 我上電視了耶
God, look at that. Look, I'm on television.
-是不是很棒呢 -對啊 真的很棒
-Hey! Isn't that amazing? -Yeah, it is.
-紐約也看得到你 -你說什麼
-You're on TV in New York, too. -What's that?
-不...-沒錯 就是你
-No, no. -Yes, you are.
真的看得到我 你說真的
Am I really? Are you serious?
對啊 他們在紐約也有播出 天啊
Yeah, they got you in New York. God.
我要請你自己放到耳朵裏
I'm gonna let you put it in your own ear.
-這樣啊 -這是收音器
-Really? -It's a talk back.
他們會用這個跟你說話
They're going to talk to you.
這不是真的玩意 對吧
This is not the real thing, right?
只是用來拍照對吧
You just want a picture of me now?
-他們需要你先坐在這裏 -天啊
-They're going to sit you here first. -God.
要請你告訴我洗手間在哪裏
You need to tell me where the restroom is, too,
因爲我真的不太舒服
cos I'm deathly ill, actually,
隨時都可能會吐出來 所以...
and ready to throw up at any moment, so...
-就在那房♥間後面 -太好了 我可不是開玩笑
-It's right across the hall. -Great. I'm not joking.
各位 我們準備要開始了 紐約那邊已經在等了
We're ready to go, gentlemen. New York's waiting for a shot of him.
2011年十月五號♥
如果你看我的眼睛 可以看到我已經泛淚了
If you see in my eyes, I've been crying just a little bit.
看起來十分荒謬 因爲我甚至沒有見過這個人
And it seems really ridiculous because I've never met the man.
我知道生命苦短 但我就是...你知道的
I know life is ephemeral, but I just, you know,
我還希望他能夠再活久一點
I expected him to be around a little longer.
我想其他人也是這樣想的 但 你知道的...
Pretty sure everybody did, but, you know...
我正在用的就是蘋果電腦 是他的心血
The thing I'm using right now, an iMac, he made.
他創造了蘋果桌上型電腦 他也創造了蘋果的筆記型電腦
He made the iMac. He made the Macbook.
他創造了專業的蘋果筆電 他也創造了輕盈版的蘋果筆電
He made the Macbook Pro. He made the Macbook Air.
他創造了蘋果智慧型手♥機♥ 他也創造了蘋果的平板電腦
He made the iPhone. He made the iPod.
沒錯 他也創造了觸控型 音樂播放器
Yeah, he's made the iPod Touch.
他創造了一切
He's made everything.
願你安息
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you
保持與衆不同的想法
全世界都感到痛失英才 這情況並不常見
It's not often that the whole planet seems to feel a loss together,
蘋果的共同創辦人 卓越的夢想家
but after the death of Steve Jobs,
史蒂夫喬布斯過世後
co-founder of Apple and singular dreamer,
全世界都關注着這消息 世人都難以入眠
all day, we watched as there was a kind of global wake.
在社羣網站臉書上 數百萬人 將檔案照換成蘋果商標
On Facebook, millions changing their profiles to the Apple logo.
像是現代版的戴上黑臂紗 有致敬感恩的意涵
A kind of black armband, a gesture of gratitude.
我們一直在關注着"謝謝你史蒂夫"的網路標籤
We've been monitoring the hashtag "thankyousteve."
昨晚我看到最喜歡的推特
My favorite tweet last night
只有簡單的三個字"我難過"
was four simple letters simply saying, "iSad."
嗨
Hi.
史蒂夫過世後 我感到十分困惑
When Steve Jobs died, I was mystified.
怎麼會有數百萬不認識他的人 會如此憂傷難過
What accounted for the grief of millions of people who didn't know him?
我看過類似的狀況 是約翰藍儂或馬丁路德金
I'd seen it with John Lennon and Martin Luther king,
但是史蒂夫喬布斯不是歌♥手 也不是民權領袖
but Steve Jobs wasn't a singer or a civil-rights leader.
許多名嘴都很喫驚
Many commentators were surprised
被這情緒的浪潮 以及凝結的氣氛嚇到了
by the intensity and the power of this wave of emotion.
這代表着什麼 我認爲這就是最真的愛
What was it? And I think it was truly love.
喬布斯已經證明自己 成爲世界上唯一
Jobs has proven to be the one and only person in the world
能創造人們所愛的 科技產品的人
who can create technology products that people love.
瓦力
Wall-E.
我很愛由皮克斯出品的"瓦力" 我也很愛我的蘋果手♥機♥
I love "Wall-E," a film Jobs's Pixar produced, and I love my iPhone,
但對喬布斯的悼念 似乎超過他留下的產品影響力
but the grief for Jobs seemed to go beyond the products he left behind.
我們爲失去他而哀慟 但是原因何在
We mourned the man himself, but why?
幕後的喬布斯 可說是無情 狡猾又殘酷的人
Behind the scenes, Jobs could be ruthless, deceitful and cruel.
儘管他用蘋果產品贏得歡心
Yet he won our hearts by convincing us
讓衆人認爲蘋果是更高的理想
that Apple represented a higher ideal.
跟其它公♥司♥完全不同 一點都不一樣
It was not like other companies. It was different.
早安 歡迎來到蘋果 1984年的年度股東大會
Good morning and welcome to Apple's 1984 annual shareholders' meeting.
我要引用一首老詩 作爲這場大會的開端
I'd like to open the meeting with part of an old poem,
這首詩有20年的歷史了 作者是狄倫 鮑伯狄倫
about a 20-year-old poem, by Dylan. That's Bob Dylan.
"用筆寫下預言的 作家及評論者"
"Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pens
"請張大眼睛好好看着 這機會將一去不復返"
and keep your eyes wide, the chance won't come again."
"塵埃落定前 一切都未成定論"
"And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
"誰將留名青史 一切言之尚早"
and there's no telling who that it's naming."
"失意之人終將勝利 因爲時代正處於變革之中"
"For the loser now will be later to win, for the times, they are a-changing."
喬布斯很喜歡狄倫 因爲他不僅僅是歌♥手
Jobs loved Dylan maybe because he wasn’t just one thing.
他也是一個擅於說故事的人
He was a storyteller who could be
他可以是他口中任何一個角色
whatever we wanted him to be.
我甚至聽不懂"沿着瞭望塔" 這首歌♥是什麼意思
I don't even what know what All Along The Watchtower means.
我認爲這就是 我聽過最美 最深刻
I think it is one of the most beautiful, haunting,
最出色的詩歌♥了 對我來說 就像喬布斯一樣
brilliant pieces of poetry ever. And to me, it's like Steve.
"一定有辦法逃出這裏..." 然後是什麼
"There must be some way out of here, said the..." What is it?
"小丑與竊賊如是說"
Said the Joker to the Thief.
兩個都是指他
He's both.
史蒂夫·喬布斯 機器人生
生命中總會發生一些事情
There's something going on here in life
在工作 家庭和事業之外
beyond just a job and a family and career.
就像硬幣有另一面
There's another side of the coin.
是一樣的道理
It's the same thing
因爲比起銀行家 有些人更想當詩人
that causes people to want to be poets instead of bankers.
而我認爲應用到產品上 也可以是一樣的道理
And I think that that same spirit can be put into products.
這些產品同樣可以 進入生產線然後到人們手中
And those products can be manufactured and given to people,
然後他們一定 感受得到這道理
and they can sense that spirit.
電腦是非常直線思考 日復一日工作的機器
A computer is a straightforward, everyday machine.
要了解它運作的道理 一點都不難
A simple way of studying the principle of how it works
因爲電腦是死的
is that a computer is quite dead.
沒有人類的操作 它什麼事也做不了
It can do nothing without someone to give instructions.
在我成長過程中 電腦並不是討喜的玩意
When I was growing up, computers weren't something to love.
它們在當時是讓人害怕的
They were something to fear.
它們又大又死氣沉沉 從不具名的公♥司♥中被創造出來
They were huge, impersonal, made by faceless corporations.
但對於喬布斯而言 卻並非如此
But for Jobs, it was different.
我人生中第一次看到電腦 是在美國太空總署
I saw my first computer when I was 12 at NASA.
我家附近就是當地的太空總署 它是一臺終端機
We had a local NASA center nearby. It was a terminal,
它連接到某處的一臺大電腦
which was connected to a big computer somewhere.
這可能是未來 他們會使用的控制器
This is one of the consoles they might be using in the future.
它看起來就像一臺 普通的打字機
It looks very much like just a regular typewriter.
在過去 有太多機器
Too often the equipment of the past
是爲了其它機器而設計的
has sort of been designed for other machines.
卻不是爲了人類而建造的
They're really not for people.
多年來我看着我的二手電腦 它是一臺惠普9100
I saw my second computer a few years later, the Hewlett-Packard 9100.
這臺9100電子計算機
The 9100 computing calculator.
外表非常龐大 裏面有很小的陰極射線顯示器
It was very large. Had a very small cathode ray tube on it for display.
1968年的某次機緣 我有幸能夠玩玩這東西
And I got a chance to play with one of those maybe in 1968.
我開始參加
I started going up
惠普在帕多的研究實驗室 就在每週二晚上
to Hewlett-Packard's Palo Alto research lab every Tuesday night,
每次我一有空 我就試着寫程式
and I spent every spare moment I had trying to write programs for it.
我當時完全着迷於其中
I was so fascinated by this.
當時有一個點選機器 叫作滑鼠
We have a pointing device called a mouse.
我也不曉得 爲什麼我們要取名爲滑鼠
I don't know why we call it a mouse.
1968年 滑鼠之父 史丹佛道格恩格巴特
By 1968, Stanford's Doug Engelbart, inventor of the mouse,
提出一些新問題
was asking new questions
關於如何從本質上 改變人類與電腦之間的關係
about the essential nature of our changing relationship with computers.
在你的辦公室裏 身爲一名有智慧的員工
If in your office, you as an intellectual worker
公♥司♥給你一臺電腦熒幕
were supplied with a computer display
一整天都待在電腦前面
backed up by a computer that was alive for you all day
你每下一個口令
and was instantly responsible, responsive,
它就一個動作
instantly responsive to every action you had,
你能夠從中得到多少呢
how much value could you derive from that?
我們需要一盞明燈 指引我們方向
We needed a guide to help us navigate this new relationship.
我成年之後的人生 都花在創造電腦上面
My whole adult life has been spent building personal computers.
可以說是我的整個職涯 包含副業的部份
So, the history of my vocation and my avocations
你知道 我的成長過程也相去不遠
and, you know, my growing up are all the same,
整個過程 是很難完全區分開來的
and it's very hard to separate one from the other.
我來自於加州矽谷
I come from a place called Silicon Valley, California,
在那裏 電子小零件俯拾皆是
and you'll find there are a lot of electronics kits around.
我的電腦老師發現 我很有這方面的天分
My electronics teacher realized that I had a lot of computer ability
這遠遠超過於 他能夠在學校教我的
that went beyond anything he could possibly teach me in school.
他明白到我只要上學一天 我就只是坐在那裏一天
He knew that as long as I was in class, I was just going to sit around,
只能對其他同學惡作劇
playing pranks on the other students
像是把一點發絲纏在電路上
電影精選列表