Welcome to Suburbicon, a town of great wonder and excitement.
歡迎來到比肯鎮 這是一個奇妙而活躍的小鎮
Founded in 1947,
始建於1947年的
Suburbicon was built with the promise of prosperity for all.
比肯鎮寄託了人們共同富裕的願望
And in only 12 short years, it has grown from a few small homes
僅僅12年後 它從幾座小屋
to a living, breathing community
發展成爲一個生機勃勃的社區
with all the conveniences of the big city
這裏的生活像大城市一樣方便
without all the noise or the traffic.
但卻不會受到噪音和交通堵塞的困擾
And now, with nearly 60,000 residents,
現在這裏有近六萬名居民
they enjoy their own schools,
配有學校
a fire department,
消防部門
and a police department.
警♥察♥局
There's a shopping mall.
購物中心
A first-rate hospital.
一流的醫院
Why, we even have our own choir.
甚至還有自發組織的合唱團
The people of Suburbicon hail from all corners of this great nation.
小鎮的居民來自我們偉大祖國的各個地方
A melting pot of diversity from cities as far away as...
這裏就像大熔爐 人口富有多樣性 就像..
New york!
紐約城那樣
And... Ohio!
還像..俄亥俄州
And even... Mississippi!
還像... 密西西比州
The only thing Suburbicon is missing is you.
小鎮目前只缺一樣東西 那就是您的大駕光臨
Isn't it time for your new start?
現在難道不是 您開始嶄新生活的最佳時機麼
Come home to Suburbicon.
來比肯鎮定居吧
Hey there, Tex! I'm twowheelin' it!
嘿 特克斯 我在騎雙輪車呢
He got a license for that? - He ain't broke nothin' yet.
喲 你有騎車的駕照麼 - 他現在還沒撞壞東西呢
Well, give him an hour. He'll break something.
再讓他騎一小時 他肯定就會撞壞東西了
Mrs. Pendelton.
彭德爾頓夫人
Watch yourself, Henry. We just took his wheels off.
小心點 亨利 我們才卸下輔助輪不久呢
Say, have you met your neighbor yet?
你有沒有拜訪一下你的新鄰居
No, they just moved in last night, but I'm baking them a custard.
還沒呢 他們昨晚搬進來的 我在給他們做蛋撻
Mmm, boy!
不錯啊
Hey, fellows. - Sir.
夥計們好 先生好
Here we go. Got all the utilities and a new subscription
這裏是公用事業的清單 訂購新一♥期♥的
to good housekeeping. Is Mrs. Mayers about?
家政服務 邁爾斯夫人在麼
I'm Mrs. Mayers.
我就是邁爾斯夫人
Well, all right!
好啊
Uh, welcome to Suburbicon. Hope you enjoy your stay.
歡迎來到比肯小鎮 祝您在這生活愉快
Is that our mail?
那是我家的信麼
Oh... Sorry.
噢..抱歉
Have you met your new neighbor?
您有沒有拜訪一下你的新鄰居
You can put that in Andy's room, and that goes in the living room. Thank you.
把那個放到安迪的房♥間 這個放到客廳 謝謝
Calm down!
安靜
Hey, come on, I can't hear you! I can't...
安靜 我聽不到你們 我聽不到...
One at a time, one at a time! Right?
一個個說 好麼
Chuck! Chuck!
查克 你先說
We don't want 'em here.
我們不想讓他們住這
Can I ask who thought this'd be all right?
我想問問在座的各位 誰覺得不介意他們住這的
Well, I think we thought that the community would tolerate them. - Not we. Him!
我認爲我們的社區能包容他們一家的 不是我們 是你
You?
你能忍♥?
Quiet down. We've spoken with the city planners,
冷靜 我們找小鎮負責人談過了
and the adjacent homes will be supplied fencing to block the view of the Mayers.
邁爾斯家的周圍的房♥屋會用來阻擋他們家的視野
And who's gonna pay for that?
那誰來爲這開銷掏錢呢
We'll pay for it, Jackson. The housing committee.
我們住房♥委員會付錢 傑克遜
'Cause we ain't gonna pay for it.
我們可不會爲這掏錢的
You're not gonna pay for it, god damn it!
他媽的 誰說讓你付錢了
But there's not much we can do about these folks. - Oh, we can do something about it.
我們拿他們也沒什麼辦法啊 我們能做些什麼的
James, read the petition.
詹姆斯 讀一下請♥願♥書
"We defy the supporters of Mr. Mayers to say our fears are groundless.
支持邁爾斯一家留下的人說我們的恐懼是毫無根據的 我們駁斥這種觀點
"We favor racial integration,
我們支持種族融合
"but only at such time the negro shows he's ready for it.
但是隻有這幫黑鬼準備好了 我們纔會開始這麼做
"They don't seek to better themselves.
他們不求上進
"This community has come too far
我們的社區已經在錯誤的道路上
to move backwards.
越走越遠了
"We demand our civil rights
我們要求行使我們的權力
"to live where we want and with whom we want,
我們要自己決定要跟誰住在一起
"and, with god's help, we will overcome!"
上帝會幫助我們 我們一定能克服所有的困難
You remember what happened in Baltimore? And Trenton?
你們還記得巴爾的摩 特倫頓發生的事麼
That's why people moved here.
這就是爲什麼人們選擇搬到這裏
The wolcotts said all our property values will drop.
沃爾科特家的人說我們的房♥產價值會縮水
So even if we wanted to sell, we can't.
就算我們想把房♥子賣♥♥了 也賣♥♥不出去
Oh, for heaven sakes, Rose.
我的天 蘿絲
If anybody, it's those wolcotts that bring down property values.
要是房♥產價值縮水 也是這幫沃爾科特家的人搞的鬼
This is a peaceful town.
這是一座平和的小鎮
People get crazy over things like this.
出了這種事 人們就沸騰了
Nicky, sweetheart, come here.
尼基 小寶貝 快過來
Honey, that Mayers family's got a little boy your age up there on that porch.
親愛的 邁爾斯家也有像你這麼大的一個小男孩 他在門廊那兒呢
Why don't you hop on over there
你怎麼不去那
and take him for baseball?
找他一起去玩棒球呢
Mom, do I have to?
媽媽 我一定要去找他麼
Don't look at me.
別看我
Nicky! You take that little colored boy and play him some baseball.
尼基 你去找那黑人小男孩 一起玩棒球
Your mom and I are gonna finish these beans,
你媽媽和我把這些扁豆搞定
and then we'll make you some butter cookies for after.
待會給你做一些黃油餅乾
Go on. Go on.
去吧 去吧
I don't want to play baseball.
我不想玩棒球
Hey!
嘿
Hey.
嘿
You play baseball?
你會玩棒球麼
Yep.
會
They play out behind the Nazarene church.
他們在那拿撒勒教堂後面玩棒球
We ain't Nazarene.
我們不是拿撒勒派的
We're episcopalian.
我們是聖公會教♥徒♥
All right then.
那好吧
You like baseball? - Yeah.
你喜歡玩棒球麼 - 喜歡
You like it?
很喜歡麼
The crickets were listening.
蟋蟀聽到了
The night was listening to her.
夜空傾聽者她的傾訴
Then there was a sound!
突然有一道聲音
Only a woodchuck, surely, beating a hollow log.
一隻土撥鼠撥弄着一塊空心的圓木
No. No, it was Lavinia Nebbs.
不 不 那是拉維妮亞·奈布斯
It was most surely the heart of Lavinia Nebbs.
那絕對是拉維妮亞·奈布斯的心跳聲
And she went down the steps, faster, faster, running now down the steps,
她走下樓梯 越走越快 跑下樓梯
Plunging faster and faster, Down, down into the pit of the ravine.
衝的越來越快 衝進峽谷裏的一個深坑裏
Only a little way.
就差一點了
Across the bridge. Run.
過橋 快跑
Run. Don't turn. Don't look.
快跑 別回頭 別看他
If you see him, you'll not be able to move!
看到他你就動不了了
You just run!
跑就行了
Up the path, between the hills, the top of the path, the street.
一條小路 羣山之間 小路已盡 那條街道
And even with the light, the fear swirled a...
雖然有亮光 恐懼...
Nicky, you need to get up.
尼基 起牀了
There are men in the house.
家裏有人來了
Come on. Come on.
快來 快來
They're gonna take what they want and leave.
他們會拿走想要的東西 然後離開
Everything's gonna be fine.
一切都會好起來的
Get the hell out of that chair.
別坐在那張椅子上
Shut up.
閉嘴
Get me a drink.
給我拿杯喝的來
Maggie.
瑪格麗特
On a tray.
要用托盤盛過來
Give me a drink on a tray, too.
給我也用托盤盛飲料過來
All right.
好了
Look, can we just get this over with?
我們能不能別在這折騰了
What's the hurry? Got an appointment?
着急什麼 跟別人有約麼
That's right.
這就對了嘛
Let's quit fucking around and go.
別浪費時間了 開始吧
Come on, lady.
來吧 女士
Just put your arms around my neck.
用手摟着我的脖子
Here we go. I'll do that.
我們走 我來吧
She don't mind.
她不介意我來的
You don't mind, do you, ma'am?
你不介意吧 女士
電影精選列表