我是艾莉卡·班恩 你們知道 我是城市日行者
I'm Erica Bain. And as you know, I walk the city.
我咒罵抱怨這個城市 一邊走一邊看一邊聽...
I bitch and moan about it. I walk and watch and listen...
眼看着從我們熱愛的城市...
a witness to all the beauty and ugliness...
逐漸消失的一切美好與醜陋
that is disappearing from our beloved city.
上週我走到東河晦暗的深處...
Last week took me to the gray depths of the East River...
狄米託潘契科照例在晨泳
where Dimitri Panchenko swims his morning laps...
他從60年代就開始晨泳
like he has every morning since the 1960s.
勇敢的人
今天我則經過曾是廣場大飯店
And today I walked by the acres of scaffolding outside
佈滿外牆的巨大鷹架
what used to be the Plaza Hotel...
然後想起了艾若思
and I thought about Eloise.
記得凱湯普森筆下的艾若思嗎
Remember Kay Thompson's Eloise?
艾若思曾和她的小狗溫妮
Eloise who lived in the Plaza Hotel...
以及永遠不在的父母 住在廣場大飯店
with her dog Weenie and her parents, who were always away...
還有她的英國奶媽 她有八支骨頭做成的髮夾
and her English nanny who had eight hairpins made out of bones.
那個艾若思 我從小就熟悉的淘氣小千金...
That Eloise. The adored brat of my childhood. A little punk kid...
性手♥槍♥樂團貝斯手席德維瑟斯
Sid Vicious, spewing beer
在切爾西旅館脣齒間溢出的啤酒
from his teeth in the Chelsea Hotel.
安迪沃荷 他的墨鏡
Andy Warhol, his sunglasses...
艾德嘉愛倫坡從廢棄的木箱...
Edgar Allan Poe, freeing live monkeys from the crates of a crumbling schooner...
把活生生的猴子放到油膩的南街
on the oily slips of South Street.
這座城市的故事
Stories of a city...
在我們眼前消失 它的居民離散
that is disappearing before our eyes. Its people swept over...
把這些故事留下來做什麼
So, what will be left of those stories?
我們要建構一座想像的城市 用來存放我們的記憶嗎
Are we going to have to construct an imaginary city to house our memories?
因爲當你深愛一樣東西 當它消失一點
Because when you love something, every time a bit of it goes...
你也失去一部分的自我
you lose a piece of yourself.
今晚艾若思將在哪裏過夜
So where's Eloise going to sleep tonight?
你聽得見
Can you hear
她的魂魄在頹壞的走廊
her ghost wandering around the collapsing corridors of her beloved Plaza...
漫無目的地尋找她的奶媽
trying to find her nanny's room...
用沒人聽見的聲音
calling out to the construction workers...
向工人呼喊
in a voice that nobody hears:
"有人看見我的烏龜小船長嗎"
"Has anyone seen my turtle, Skipperdee?"
我是艾莉卡·班恩 您聽的是WNKW電臺的"街語"
This is Erica Bain, and you've been listening to Street Walk on WNKW.
-這是FM90.1 -好了
-And this is 90. 1, WNKW. -All right.
-下週見 -祝愉快 艾莉卡
-See you next week. -Have a good one, Erica.
我要閃人了
Hey, I'm out of here.
艾若思真的對你這麼重要嗎
Did Eloise really mean that much to you?
卡洛 你沒當過小女孩嗎
Oh, come on, Carol. Weren't you ever a little girl?
我不會記得那隻小烏龜的名字
Not the kind of little girl that remembers the name of her turtle.
說真的 節目很棒
Anyway, good show.
藝術電視臺又打來請你開節目
Look, Bravo called again about that TV spot.
你知道嗎 我
You know what? I'm...
我有的不是臉孔 而是我的聲音
I'm not a face. I'm just a voice.
官網有節目內容 聽衆可以免費下載
The shows are on the website. People can download them for free.
-是啊 這就是問題 -我會考慮啦
-Yeah, exactly. -Maybe.
拜了
Bye.
-喂 -嘿
-Hello? -Hey.
-哈囉 -你穿什麼
-Hello. -What are you wearing?
綠色手術服 腰身束緊 很性感的V領
Green scrubs, tied at the waist, very sexy V-neck.
-而且是短袖 -那頂惹火的綠帽呢
-Short-sleeved little number. -How about the sexy green hat?
-還在嗎 -在我手上
-Still got that? -In my hand.
你比較喜歡哪一個嗎 還是覺得差不多
You like it more than the others, less than the others or the same?
我正在文具店
Oh, yeah. I'm at the place...
只想確定你會同意 用粉色和橘色
and I wanna make sure you're still okay with the cream and the orange.
好 粉色和橘色
Yeah, cream and orange.
其實是香草色 無所謂啦
Actually, it's not cream. It's vanilla. But that's fine.
其實是香草色 不是粉色
It's not cream. It's vanilla.
-管他的 咱們今晚就去結婚 -你媽在乎
-Who cares? Let's go get married tonight. -Your mother cares.
她一定要印喜帖
Trust me, she wants invitations.
這些很好 謝了
Yeah, these are good. Thanks.
今晚你到妮可的畫廊找我
Hey, listen. For tonight, if you meet me at Nicole's art thing...
我保證你只需要跟我講話就行了
you don't have to talk to anyone but me.
-也許吧 -來嘛
-Maybe. -Come on.
-我要去打籃球 -那你不來囉
-I've got a game, haven't I? -You're not coming?
-我得走了 -什麼
-Look, I've gotta go. -What?
我真的很愛你
I do love you.
是啊 我也愛你
Yeah. I love you too.
-嗨 -嗨 喔 你是詹姆斯
-Hi. -Hi. Oh, you're James.
-我是艾莉卡 妮可的朋友 -嗨
-I'm Erica. I'm Nicole's friend. -Hi.
這些攝影作品很酷 我喜歡
These are good. They're really cool. I love them.
黛安艾柏斯以前送洗的洗衣店
The Laundromat is in a town in Jersey where Diane Arbus used to do her laundry.
-是嗎 -那家槍♥械♥專賣♥♥店在中國城
-Oh, yeah? -Oh, that gun store is down in Chinatown.
貝倫妮斯阿博特在三十年代拍的
Berenice Abbott shot it in the '30s.
真的很耐人尋味
It's really evocative, you know?
很沉靜 不會顯得太張狂
Kind of quiet. I like that. It doesn't make too much noise.
謝了
Thanks.
多點酒 少點蝦
Bring more drinks, less shrimp. More.
你又要閃人了 對吧
Where you going? You're leaving?
-不 我要留下來 -天啊 你真不會說謊
-No, no. I'm staying. I'm staying. -Oh, my God, you're such a bad liar.
至少我試過了
I know, but I try.
你總得說服他來看一次展覽
You have to convince him to come to one of these things.
他總不能一直躲着我們吧 喔 我的天啊
He can't avoid us forever. Oh, my God.
-你怎麼會跑來 -你不愛這女人嗎
-What are you doing here? -Don't you love this woman?
就算愛也能甩掉她
I could take her or leave her. You guys...
-你們這樣真的很肉麻耶 -我們得走了
-this stuff, when it starts, it's disgusting. -I know, we have to go.
-你們太幸福了
-You're too happy.
-說再見吧 -再見
-Say goodbye. -Bye.
-我恨你們 -我愛你
-I hate you. -I love you.
我真的真的恨你們
I really... I hate you so much.
天啊 外面真好
Oh, God. It's so pretty out.
我去牽狗 你坐着
Tell you what. I'll get him. You sit here. Okay?
讓我去牽狗
No, let me get him.
-好吧 順便幫我拿外套 -好
-Okay. Will you get me my jacket too? -Fine.
來 拿去
Here. Take this.
謝謝
Thanks.
嘿
Hey.
我能自己開門
Oh, I can open my own door.
謝謝你
Thank you.
乖狗狗 乖狗狗
Good boy. Good boy.
-嗨 小傢伙 -來了
-Hi, puppy! -Here.
你老了也會那麼討厭嗎
Are you gonna be that crabby when you get older?
我已經老了 而且更討厭
I am older. And I'm way meaner.
瞧 她給我一顆蘋果耶
Look, she gave me an apple. Here, baby.
-原來她也是人類 -你咬太大口啦
-So she is human. -That was too big a bite.
太大口了 我沒說你能喫完
That was too big a bite. I didn't say you could eat the whole thing.
好消息
You know what?
我能請五天假
I could get about maybe five days
也許能去水邊的地方
and we could go to the place with the water and...
享受美食 睡大頭覺
find good food and lots of sleeping.
我同意
Yes, I concur.
乖狗狗
Good boy.
別給他 用丟的
Don't give it to him. Throw it.
-我不是開玩笑 -什麼事
-I wasn't mucking about, you know. -What about?
爲什麼今晚不能去公♥證♥結婚
Why can't we go down to city hall tonight?
-因爲大家都下班了 -那就明天吧
-Because it's closed. -Tomorrow, then.
大衛 你有家人 我沒有
David, you have a family. I don't, you know?
-你又不是嫁給我家人 -算是吧
-You're not marrying my family. -Well, I am, kind of.
我希望是
I mean, I hope I am.
你媽人很好 她要辦正式婚禮
Your mom is so sweet and she just... She wants the whole deal, you know?
包括髮喜帖
She wants the invitations...
樂團表演和牧師證婚
and the band playing and the minister.
不曉得 也許我也想要吧
I don't know. Maybe I do too, you know? Because...
這種事我又不是會做兩次
it's not like I'm gonna do this twice.
真的嗎
You're not?
真的
No, I'm not.
這是你說過最貼心的話
That's the nicest thing you ever said to me.
柯帝士呢
Where's Curtis?
喂 柯帝士
Oi, Curtis!
來 狗狗
電影精選列表