是瑪麗安的事
It's about Maryanne.
我...我想...
I... I'd like...
斯國爾特先生我想和你談談
Mr. Stewart, I'd like to talk to you.
我去...我去過渡士伯恩溪
I've come... I've come to Washburn Creek.
去找你 天啊
...to talk to you... oh, good Jesus.
去你家 我去過你家
To your home. I've come to your home.
我想找你談瑪麗安的事
...to talk to you about Maryanne. I'd like...
我很想問問
I'd like very much to ask...
瑪麗安我想和你談談
Maryanne... I'd like to talk to you.
瑪麗安的事
...about Maryanne.
是...是關於瑪麗安的
It's about... it's about Maryanne.
瑪麗安
Maryanne?
達科塔 1879年8月11日
等一下
Hold still.
我現在不想睡
I don't want to go to bed yet, not now.
別羅嗦了
Oh, stop your fussing. Come on.
刺不撥出來會更疼的
The splinter already hurts more than pulling it out.
好嗎
Okay?
瑪麗
Mary...
你也該休息了瑪麗
You need to take your rest too, Mary...
如果你想明天漂亮地見你的愛爾蘭情人的話
...if you want to look pretty when your Irish comes courting tomorrow.
你閉嘴
You hush.
別亂動
Hold still.
怎麼回事
What's that?
帶他過來
Get him over there.
亞斯特快來
Aster, come. Come here.
出什麼事了 他們在威廉家
- What's happening? - They were in the Williams house.
印第安人 跟女人們待在一起
- Indians? - Stay with the women.
快去菜窖躲着
Down into the root cellar, get.
我們走
Let's go.
快來來吧
- Come on now. - Come on.
到下面去
Come on down.
別讓小傢伙們出聲 門鎖好
Keep your lamp low and this door locked.
不管發生什麼事都不要開門
You don't open it no matter what.
媽媽 媽媽
Ma! Ma!
媽媽 別出聲
- Ma, Ma. - Quiet.
聽哥哥的話別出聲
Mind your brother now. Hush.
喬許
Josh.
別哭 勇敢一點
Don't cry. Be brave for me.
喬許 喬許
Josh! Josh!
喬許 喬許
Josh! Josh!
神祕的地洞
瑪麗安 瑪麗
Maryanne? Mary?
有人在家嗎
Anybody home?
威廉先生
Mr. Williams, sir...
斯國爾特家沒有人
...the Stewarts aren't home.
上帝啊
Oh, God.
天啊
Oh, Jesus.
斯國爾特家的人都不見了
The Stewarts are gone.
別擔心瑪麗有跟你說道要離開的事嗎
Easy. Did Mary say anything to you about leaving?
沒有
No.
那威廉呢
What about the Williamses?
沒有 你應該
No, you gotta...
老天
Oh, God.
該死的
Damn it.
是被印第安人帶走了
Indians took 'em.
上帝保佑他們
God help 'em.
咱們得把他們救回來
We've got to get them back.
我在這兒射殺過三個人
I hit three men up there.
是嗎
Really?
是印第安人 都死在我手下了
Indians, anyway. I hit them dead.
別告訴多比你的那些廢話
Don't feed Dobie your horseshit, Mr. Parcher.
這不是廢話 這是傳統
That ain't horseshit. That's history.
得讓男孩子知道自己的傳統
Boy ought to learn where he's come from.
請不要在我的孩子面前說廢話
Mind the cursing in front of my boy.
是 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
我萬能的主啊 那是椰蓉蛋糕嗎
Great God Almighty, is that coconut cake?
媽媽特意做的
Mom got it special.
烙過的
Baked it.
東部的椰蓉蛋糕
Coconut cake from back East.
十年前想都別想
10 years back, not a mile from here...
我不得不靠喫馬來活命
I had to eat a horse to survive.
真噁心
That's disgusting.
不是我自己的馬 不過重點是
It wasn't my horse. The point is.
咱們現在能喫到椰蓉蛋糕
we're here now eating coconut cake.
文明開化的國度
Right civilized country.
裏面有雞肉和玉米麪包
There's chicken and cornbread.
我知道 我馬上就喫到玉米麪包了
I know it. I'll attend to that cornbread directly.
有人騎馬來了
There's a rider.
嘿 小子你帶着你媽進屋裏去好嗎
Listen, cowboy, how about you take your mother in the house?
他的帽子可真滑稽
He's wearing a funny hat.
我想是你農場的人吧 科菲先生
I think it's your ranch hand, Mr. Coffey.
誰都可能戴這種帽子 這不像是週日出來騎馬郊遊
Anybody can wear a funny hat. That ain't Sunday riding.
去吧 帶你媽媽到裏面去
Go on, take your mother inside.
我們走吧 多比
Let's go, Dobie.
去吧
Go on.
科菲 真♥他♥媽♥的 老子正野餐呢
Coffey, God damn it, I was having a picnic.
印第安人 他們殺了...
Indians... they killed...
拿去 這是克萊先生給你的
There. It's from Mr. Clay.
他們帶走了瑪麗安 帶走了他們一家人
They took Maryanne, took the whole family.
我自己看
I can read.
上帝啊
Oh, Jesus.
印第安人連威廉家的小姑娘也沒放過
Did the Indians kill them little Williams girls too?
不是 看起來像是威廉先生乾的
No, looks like Mr. Williams did.
這種話可不能亂說
That's a hell of a thing to say.
如果是克羅人或是猶特人
If we're dealing with Crow or Ute...
多比就會看到一些小男孩不該看到的東西了
Dobie could see things a boy shouldn't have to.
我已經決定了 威爾
I've made up my mind, Will.
你已經有一個人死在印第安人手中了
You've already lost a man to the Indians.
我不想再冒險了
I don't want to risk another.
我家裏沒有男人
I don't have a man in this house.
只有一個孩子
I've got a boy.
帶他去沃什伯恩溪再帶回來
Take him to Washburn Creek and bring him back.
或許那時就會有兩個孩子了
Maybe then I'll have two.
馬都準備好了 是的 先生
- Them horses ready? - Yes, sir.
都準備好了 帕徹先生
We're all set, Mr. Parcher.
那麼就動身吧
Then let's get to it.
帕徹先生這輩子
Mr. Parcher's lived through everything.
經歷過很多大風大浪
...this country could throw at him.
你一定要跟着他 聽他的
You stay close and mind him.
不會有事的
You'll be fine.
她一定是流了很多血
She should have bled out more.
這些女孩子們也一樣
Same with the girls.
艾達和達芬
Ida and Daphne.
她們應該是叫這個名字
I think those were their names.
你想去外面等嗎
You want to wait outside?
不用
No.
很好
Good.
我在想
I wonder.
什麼樣的武器會留下這樣的傷口
what kind of weapon makes a wound like that.
不像是剝頭皮刀
No scalping knife I know of.
也許是鑿子
Maybe some kind of chisel.
那把槍一次只能打兩發子彈
That gun only fires twice.
要是想繼續殺人的話
He would have had to have reloaded it.
他就得重新裝彈
...if he wanted to kill everybody.
對女基♥督♥信徒而言 寧可死亡也不想被抓
Any Christian woman would prefer dying to capture.
威廉先生會有時間裝子彈的
Mr. Williams had time to reload.
因爲他妻子負責拿給他
...because his wife gave it to him.
如果是這樣的話
If it came to that...
我希望你夠堅強
I hope you'd be strong enough.
能照顧好你媽媽
...to take care of your mother.