下東區 紐約 1903
現在生意越來越難做了
是啊 我妹妹和妹夫是錫匠 現在流落街頭了
得讓他們加入我們 我們都受夠了
我表弟威廉 他的店也關門了
他把東西都扔下水溝了
確實 格格曼把所有的房♥租都翻了個倍
他要把我們都趕出去
格格曼的人很多...
他們不是人 是惡棍
格格曼 最最壞 蛇蠍心腸
或許
想要真正瞭解一個人 就得從他的角度思考
平哥 我們需要你的幫助
爲何來找我 我只是個鞋匠
正因爲你是鞋匠 纔來找你
格格曼不是我的客戶
現在是了
赫歇爾
Herschel?
我的天
爸 這是什麼
這是臺縫紉機 修鞋用的
它是哪來的
你爺爺收到的禮物
埃利亞胡·哈娜維送的
-埃利亞胡u3000哈娜維u3000送的 -沒錯 他是個天使
這臺機器很特別 特殊情況下才能用它
爲什麼呢
坐下
很久以前 在一個極其寒冷的冬夜
以爲流浪漢敲了這個店的門
其他人都不願意收留他 唯獨你爺爺收留了他
爺爺給他喫的 還幫他補了鞋
第二天早晨 流浪漢走了
但在家裏多了臺縫紉機
鞋匠人生
你好 麥克斯 我把鞋子放這了
Hello,Max. I'm dropping these off.
是我家艾伯特的鞋
They were my Albert's shoes.
真不該丟了他們 你可以把他們賣♥♥掉
They shouldn't go to waste. You should sell them.
我不賣♥♥鞋
I don't sell shoes...
他的大衣也在裏面
And his overcoat is in there too.
衣服很漂亮 你可以穿的
It's very nice,you should wear it.
我不需要 你把衣服拿走 史蒂芬太太 我不需要
Well,I don't... You should take your coat,Mrs. Stevens,I don't need it.
呃 16塊
Um,$16 dollars.
你去了哪
So,where did you go?
真的 還有誰在那
Oh,yeah? Who else was there?
謝謝
Thanks.
嗯 先生 能借個火嗎
Hm. Sir,you have alight?
-沒有...-先生 打擾下
-No,uh... Do I... -Excuse me,sir?
-可以借個火嗎 -好的
-Do you have a light? -Sure.
謝謝
Thank you.
謝謝 抱歉
Thanks. Sorry.
我知道 他自認爲很討喜
Yeah,I know,he thinks he's adorable.
拿好了 你好 兄弟 你好嗎
All right,cheers. Hello,mate. You all right?
嘿
Hey.
噢
Well.
早上好 小夥子
Morning,kid.
早上好 吉米
Morning,Jimmy.
是的 真瘋狂 他們真是對俊男靚女
No that's an attractive looking couple.
-寶寶 -是啊
-Bye. -Yeah.
-快來 -好的 我要掛了
-Come on. -All right,I've gotta go.
他們要是生個小孩
If they ever have a kid,
估計漂亮的讓你無法直視
you Won't be able to look directly at it.
你怎麼樣了 麥克斯 處對象了沒
What about you? Max,you got any prospects?
我 沒有
Me? No.
該找了 你長得一表人才
Well,you should. You're a good-looking guy.
工作也不錯 剛那傢伙都比不上你
Gotta good job. That kid's got nothing on you.
他有私人司機
He's got his own driver.
你還想去哪闖蕩
What,you've got somewhere you wanna go?
不知道
I don't know.
或許是時候爲自己打算打算了
Maybe it's about time I figured out my own thing,you know.
你是鞋匠 那是你的事業
You're a cobbler,that's your thing.
我父親的事業
That's my father's thing.
這是祖上傳下來的 你該爲此驕傲
And his father before that. You should be proud.
是啊 我得回去幹活了
Well,I gotta get back to work.
嘿 你母親怎麼樣了 梨子送給她了沒
Hey hey,how's your mother? Did you give her those pears?
是的 她說"謝謝你"
I did. She says thank you.
好的 讓她知道
All right,let her know it...
年輕人吶
Kids.
嘿 這是你的店
Hi. Is this your shop?
不 其實是我父親的
No,it's actually my father's.
-他在嗎 -不在
-Is he here? -No,he is not.
我在和這個區域的所有業主交涉
Well,I'm trying to talk to all of the proprietors in the area.
他什麼時候回來
Do you expect him back soon?
一時半會回不來我能幫你什麼
No,I don't expect him back soon. Can I help you?
好的 抱歉 你叫什麼名字
OK,urn,I'm sorry,uh,what's your name?
麥克斯·西姆金
Max Simkin.
麥克斯 我叫卡門·埃拉拉
Well,Max,I'm Carmen Herrara
來自下東區的行動委員會
from the Lower East Side Action Committee.
好的
OK.
我們致力於維護
Basically,we're dedicated to the preservation
和修葺下東區的建築
and rejuvenation of the Lower East Side.
我們努力制止房♥地♥產♥開♥發♥
We're trying to stop real estate developers
把這一區域改成
from converting the neighborhood
豪♥宅♥和奢侈品零售店
into luxury housing and retail spaces,
並阻止他們把本地人趕出去
forcing the regular people out.
-他們如何把本地人趕出去 -錢
-How are they forcing them out? -Money.
他們要麼花錢買♥♥斷 要麼提高租金
I mean,they buy them out or they raise the rent.
你覺得這地方我能拿多少錢
How much do you think I'd get for a place like this?
這不重要
That doesn't matter.
對我重要
It does to me.
麥克斯 我們需要你這樣的人留下
Max,we need people like you to stay.
所以我們才這麼做
That's why we're doing all of this.
或許你應該先問問我
Well,maybe you should've checked with me first,
確保我願意留下
make sure I wanna stay.
說的沒錯
Yeah,that's fair.
跟我來 我給你看點東西
You know what,come here,I'm gonna show you something.
麥克斯 看看你周圍
Look around you,Max.
你看到了什麼
What do you see?
-城市 -沒錯
-The city. -Exactly.
城市 一座鮮活的城市
The city,a living city.
你的鞋店也在其中
And your shop is a part of it.
麥克斯 你這鞋店經營了多久了
How long have you had this shop for,Max?
四代人
Fourth generation.
了不起
That's amazing.
這地方不只是富人的遊樂場
See,this is not just a playground for the rich.
它屬於我們大家
It is for all of us.
-你覺得呢 -是啊 我同意
-Don't you think? -Yeah,I guess.
很好 那你能簽下這個嗎
Good. So could you sign this?
-好的 -太好了 謝謝
-OK. -Great,thanks.
今晚你有什麼計劃
Do you have plans tonight?
什麼
Excuse me?
有個集♥會♥ 如果你感興趣
There's a rally,if you're interested.
拿着 這是傳♥單♥
Here,here's a flyer.
所羅門先生是個不錯的老頭 住在格蘭街
Mr. Solomon is a wonderful old man who lives on Grand Street
他們想把他趕出公♥寓♥樓
and they're trying to evict him from this apartment.
好的
OK.
我們辦公室在果園街 有空過來
Our office is on Orchard Street. Come by.
麥克斯 你應該加入
You should really get involved,Max.
好的
OK.
好的
OK...
嘿 要到她號♥碼了嗎
Hey,did you get her number?
不是那回事
It's not that.
媽
Ma?
嗯
Mm-hm.
你在幹嘛呢
What are you doing here?
-會把你耳朵吵聾的 -你帶梨子來了嗎
-Break your eardrums. -Did you bring any pears?
我昨天帶來了 媽 記得嗎 吉米給的
I brought you pears yesterday,Ma,remember,from Jimmy?
對了 給你♥爸♥打電♥話♥ 叫他帶點梨子來
Yes,call Papa,tell him to bring pears.
-好的 我打 -好孩子 工作如何
-OK,I will. -Good boy. How was work?
工作每天都差不多
Work was,uh,the same as every other day.
怎麼不打電♥話♥給那個叫阿布的姑娘
Why don't you call the Rabinowitz girl?
這週末帶她去約會 她一直喜歡你的
Take her out on a date this weekend. She always liked you.
呃 她十年前結婚了 生了三個小孩
Uh,she got married ten years ago,she's got three kids.
她挺漂亮 你該行動起來了
She's a pretty girl. You should step up to the plate.
呃 好的
Um... OK.
我會的 但今晚不行 你要喫飯了嗎
I will but not tonight. You ready for dinner?
是的 在微波爐裏