所以
So,
你會爲我做什麼
what are you gonna do for me?
我們就直說吧
We're going to be straight that I've had it.
我快死了...
What do you say to the fact that...
你有什麼想法
I'm gonna die?
我會想念你的
I'm going to miss you.
無所謂
Fuck that.
反正我也不知道
I won't know about that.
我想知道
I need to know
如果我沒留遺產給你的話 你還有多少價值
what you're worth when I leave you nothing.
誰想要將衆人踩在腳下
Who wants the world at their feet?
很難懂吧
It's confusing, isn't it?
我會盡我所能 你可以安心地去
I'll do the best I can. You can go knowing that, okay?
你現在是一家之主了...
You're me now...
看你有沒有這個能耐
If you'll have it.
生於1943年 卒於1989年 喬納森·菲利浦·班尼特
賭徒
一萬
$10, 000?
玩家贏
Player wins.
兩萬
$20, 000?
玩家贏
Player wins.
四萬
$40, 000?
玩家贏
Player wins.
再一次
Again.
再一次
Again!
賭雙倍 八萬
Double it. Make it $80, 000.
李先生的能耐遠遠超過這些
Come on. Mister Lee can cover a lot more than that, buddy.
你一定是新來的 賭雙倍
You must be new. Double it!
八萬
$80, 000.
希望你房♥租已經付清了 老兄
I hope you paid your rent, homes.
我不必付房♥租 老兄
I don't pay rent, homes.
怎麼了 還好嗎
What's up, man? You got a problem?
有什麼問題嗎
Issue of some kind?
有 我不喜歡你的帽子
Yeah, I don't like your fucking hat.
我覺得你想要我有問題
You know, I think you kinda wanted me to have an issue,
所以我只好亂辦一個
so I thought of that one.
我們外面解決
I'll see you outside, my friend.
我們遲早得出去外面
Oh, we all got to go outside sometime, brother.
這個地方只是一場夢 你是賭徒嗎
This place is just a dream. You a gambler?
跟你不一樣
Not like you.
你想找麻煩還是跟我對賭
You want to fuck around or you want to cut cards
我剩下的五百塊
for my last $500?
我用一萬塊賭你的五百塊
I'll put 10 grand against your $500.
我沒有那麼多錢 這樣不公平
I haven't got 10 grand. That's an unequal bet.
一般來說都是不公平的
It's a unequal general situation.
隨便 拿牌吧
Well, fuck it. Get a deck.
很好笑吧
That's funny, no?
我以爲你想要我的名片
I thought you wanted my business card.
恭喜
Congratulations.
我瞭解你
I know you.
我覺得你很享受輸的感覺
I think you're the kind of guy that likes to lose.
人生最終都是一死 不如趁早習慣
Life's a losing proposition, right? You might as well get it over with.
-需要借賭本嗎 -你喜歡借錢給輸家
-Need a stake? -You like staking losers?
我知道你們借錢的原則
I know how you guys stake people.
那你就什麼都知道了
Then you know everything.
你今晚運氣不好
Your luck is no good tonight.
很難說
Oh, that depends,
如果你願意再借我一萬塊 就不一樣了
if you give me another $10, 000 credit.
你帶了一萬塊現金進來
You came in with $10, 000 in cash.
你又沒把錢還給我
You didn't give it to me.
畢竟這裏是賭場
Well, I mean, this is a gambling establishment.
我難道有不還你錢嗎
Have I ever not paid you?
債務最終會累積到你還不出來
Eventually a debt gets too big to pay.
你還欠我24萬元
You owe me $240, 000
我要你七天內還清
and I want it in seven days.
他拿了
He took it, man.
借我五萬
Stake me 50 grand.
利息20%
At 20 points.
給他五萬
Give him 50 grand.
記得把電♥話♥留給我的人
You make sure my man over here has your digits and so forth.
你的帽子好看多了
I feel better about your hat.
他媽的痞子
This motherfucker.
這裏有四萬 我要留一萬
There's 40. I'm going to keep back 10, okay?
你可以把五萬拿去補我的債
You know, you can take the whole 50 against my vig,
但這裏畢竟是賭場 我是來賭博的
but this is a gambling establishment. I came to play.
給我一個一萬的藍色籌碼就好
Just one blue $10, 000 marker, please.
不 不
No, no.
別看別人 看着我 發牌就對了
Don't look at anyone. You look at me. Just do it.
21點
21.
我身爲顧客很滿意
Another satisfied customer.
兩個都賭
Let's play the two.
兩萬
$20, 000?
他不想要你看他
He doesn't want you to look at him.
繼續發牌
Just keep dealing the cards.
四萬
$40, 000.
不要了
I'm good.
再一張
Take it.
玩家贏
Player wins.
別看他 這裏沒有上限
Don't look at him. There's no limit.
不管他想要打炮或打架 我都沒興趣
He wants to fuck or fight, and I'm not interested in either.
所以快發牌
So, please, just deal the cards.
-我是想保護你 -保護我
-It's for your protection. -For my protection?
去他媽的保護我 你來這裏
Fuck my protection. You don't come here
不是爲了尋求保護
for fucking protection from yourself.
你來的目的剛好相反
You come for the fucking opposite.
而我就站在這裏 所以 拜託 快發牌
And here I am. So, please, deal the cards.
謝謝
Thank you.
八萬
$80, 000.
玩家贏
Player wins.
停止下注
No more bets.
我覺得自己運氣很旺 我要全部押黑色
You got me feeling lucky. I'm putting everything on black.
今晚一直開紅色
Red's been coming up all night.
要我現在還錢嗎
You want me to pay you now?
要我還錢嗎
Is that what you want me to do?
-不用 -爲什麼
-No. -Why not?
可能是我很享受看這場表演吧
Maybe I enjoy watching the show.
我贏了就在外面搶我如何
What about ripping me off outside if I win?
我不做搶劫生意
Not in that business, brother.
全部押黑色
Everything on black.
停止下注
No more bets.
19號♥ 紅色
Nineteen, red.
借我一些賭本
Float me some spending money.
利息一樣是20%
That's at 20 points, too.
第七天
第一份公開評論莎士比亞的文章
First public notice that was ever made of Shakespeare
是來自僱傭作家羅伯特·格林尼
was from a Grub Street writer, Robert Greene,
他說他是"一隻傲慢的烏鴉 用羽毛來美化自己"
who called him an "upstart crow beautified with our feathers, "
在這本書...
in the book...
寫在牆上的這本書中
In the book, under that title on the board.
會說用羽毛來美化是因爲
Is the beautified feathers thing because
格林尼知道莎士比亞是牛津伯爵嗎
Greene knew that Shakespeare was the Earl of Oxford?
當然...
Absolutely...
不是
Not.
差遠了
Not even close!
我...
I...
牛津伯爵有出版過詩
The Earl of Oxford published poetry, okay?
但是寫得不好
And it wasn't any good.
牛津伯爵爲了讓自己的戲劇上演
I mean, had Oxford been able to get a play put on,
也一定要不擇手段
he'd have broken a leg to do it.
你可以想像有任何一個人會有任何理由
I mean, can you think of any human being that would, for any reason,
而不讓自己 成爲《哈姆雷特》的作者嗎
not put 'ms name on Hamlet?
牛津伯爵的理論 莎士比亞另有其人的理論