我的靈魂有某種東西在運轉着 但我卻知之甚微
-不要 爸爸
- No, Daddy!
我只是想和洋娃娃玩遊戲
I just wanted to play with the dolls.
不要 爸爸 不
No, Daddy, no!
-媽媽
- Mommy!
-你做惡夢了嗎?
- Did you have a nightmare?
-我夢見一個奇怪的男人
- Saw a strange man.
你可以和我一起睡嗎?
Can you sleep with me?
-關於和爸爸媽媽一起睡覺這事兒我們怎麼說的來着 嗯?
- What did we say about sleeping with mom and dad, hm?
-只有下雨打雷的時候
- Only in thunderstorms.
-對 因爲你現在已經是個大男孩了
- That's right, because you're a big boy now.
好嗎?
Okay?
-嘿 媽咪 你可以看看牀底有沒有怪物嗎?
- Hey, Mommy, will you check under the bed for monsters?
-好
- Yes.
-我覺得我牀上有人
- I think there's somebody in my bed.
-哦 嘿
- Oh, hey.
你不會剛好就是房♥主吧
You aren't the owner by chance, are you?
-哦 不不不
- Oh, no, no, no.
我是約翰內斯 叫我約翰也可以
My name's Johannes or Johann.
朋友們都叫我喬
Friends call me Joe.
我負責這個街區的所有維修工作
I fix things around here, the whole neighborhood.
-你好 約翰
- Hello, Johann.
-你好 喬
- Hi, Joe.
-房♥地♥產♥中介人還在裏面嗎?
- Is the real estate agent still inside?
-在在在 就在裏面 四處看看吧
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, go right inside, take a look around.
這是一個很特別的地方
This is a very special place.
但是要記住 你要買♥♥♥房♥♥子的話 相當於也買♥♥下了我哦
But don't forget, you buy the house, you buy me too.
因爲我會一直呆在這裏
Because I'll be around.
直到永遠
I'm always here.
-好
- Okay.
再見
See you around.
好吧
Alright.
-我喜歡這種老舊的感覺
- I love this old, old look.
-真的嗎?-恩
- Yeah? - Yeah.
-你好
- Hi.
你一定就是卡莉吧?
You must be Carrie, right?
希望沒有冒犯到你 是外面的約翰讓我們進來的
I hope it's okay, Johann outside told us to come on in.
-哦 約翰 他是這兒的常客
- Oh, Johann, he's a fixture around here.
你們就是伯羅斯一家吧
You guys must be the Burrows.
可是你們遲到了 我正打算鎖門
And you're late, I was just about to lock up.
-哦對 對不起 飛機晚點了
- Oh, yeah, sorry about that, the plane was delayed.
-還有點時間
- There's still some time.
如果你想看♥房♥♥子的話 我可以帶你參觀一下
I can show you around the house if you'd like.
-太好了 那挺好的
- Yes, we would love that.
你們呢?
What do you think?
喬尼 你想看看這兒的其它地方嗎?
Do you want to see the rest of the house, Johnny?
-嗯哼
- Uh huh.
-好的 那開始吧
- Okay, let's do it.
-好 上來吧
- Alright, come on up.
-真的很對不起你 我們遲到了
- Really, really sorry we're late.
-沒關係 遲到是常有的事
- That's okay, happens all the time.
-不 我感覺很糟
- No, I feel terrible.
實在是太忙了
It was pretty hectic.
-請跟我來
- And if you'll follow me this way.
-啊哈
- Aha.
這兒是客廳
- This is our main parlor room.
這個房♥間 實際上這棟房♥子是在18世紀末建成的
This room, actually this house was built in the late 1700s.
-哇 很久了誒
- Wow, pretty old.
-對 這裏的木地板還是以前所用的那些
- Yeah, it contains all of its original wood flooring.
你可以看到拱形的天花板和……
You can see there's vaulted ceilings and...
-這個很漂亮
- Beautiful.
-是的 而且——
- Yeah, and--
-壁爐在這裏
- Fireplace in here.
-哇 這個風琴還能用嗎?
- Yeah, and this organ, is it a functioning organ?
-其實這棟房♥子建好的時候它就在了
- It's actually, it comes with the house.
已經有200年的歷史了
It's a 200 year old organ.
實際上它還在《歌♥劇魅影》中出現過
It's actually been featured in shows
你們應該還會記得
of Phantom of the Opera, you might actually remember that.
-我們可以一起學鋼琴
- We could learn to play the piano together.
-那一定很有趣
- That would be fun.
你們家有人會彈嗎?
- Do any of you guys play, you play at all?
-沒有 -沒有
- No. - No.
我們一直想要去上鋼琴課
We've been talking about taking lessons.
-想了很久了
- For a long, long time.
-哦 好了 現在你有這個機會了
- Oh, well, now's your opportunity.
你兒子呢?
What about your son?
你兒子喜歡做什麼運動或是什麼愛好嗎?
Does your son have any sports or--
-現在也正好是他學鋼琴的最佳時期
- It would be the perfect age for him to learn as well.
-當然
- Absolutely.
-當然
- Absolutely.
現在他多大了?
Now exactly how old is he again?
-8歲
- Eight years old.
-哦 他八歲了
- Oh, he's eight years old.
現在正是讓你的孩子
Yeah, that's a really, really good time
開始接觸藝術的好時機
to start getting your kids into the arts.
-是的 現在正是時候
- Yeah, it'd be the perfect timing,
他就像一塊小海綿
he's like a little sponge.
-對
- Yeah.
-看看這個房♥間
- Look at this room.
-啊哈 你在這
- Aha, here you are.
你去哪兒了?
Where have you been?
-如果我能在這工作就太完美了
- This would be perfect for my work.
事實上 這個房♥間以前就是用來辦公的
- Actually, this room was used as a home office before.
伯羅斯先生 你是做什麼工作的呢?
What did you say you do, Mr. Burrows?
-哦 我是個作家
- Oh, I'm a writer.
可是我的漂亮老婆是個神經物理學家
But my beautiful wife here is a neurophysicist,
她是個腦外科醫生
she's practically a brain surgeon.
-不 不 他總是過高的吹噓我的能力
- No, no, he always gives me too much credit.
我只有博士學位 沒有醫學博士學位
I don't have a MD, just a PhD.
而且我沒有做過腦部手術
No brain surgeries for me.
-哦 哇
- Oh, wow!
哇 親愛的
Wow, honey?
-怎麼了?
- Yeah?
哇
Wow.
-珍 這是一個徵兆
- Jen, this is a sign.
-這個 很明顯是一個徵兆
- This, it's clearly a sign.
對吧?
- Right, alright?
哇 這太酷了 -這是一個徵兆
Wow, this is so cool. - It's a sign.
-喬尼 夥計 你看這個
- Johnny, buddy, look at this.
這是一臺老式打字機
This is an old, old, old typewriter, huh?
斯坦利剛剛接到了一個新的寫作任務
- So Stanley just got a new writing assignment
這就是爲什麼
and that's sort of the reason
我們選擇遠離紐約城市生活的激烈競爭
we left the New York City rat race
來到這裏享受傳統一點的生活
and opted for something a little bit more traditional.
-哦好吧 這個地方對你家人來說很完美
- Oh, well, this place is perfect for your family.
你兒子會喜歡這兒的
Your son is gonna love it.
-我想我們都會喜歡的
- I think we are all gonna love it.
這裏面是什麼?
What's in here?
-這是原來的房♥主
- That cabinet was left here
留下的櫃子
by the original tenants.
這算是一件具有悠久歷史的古董
It's a very old antique with quite a history.
-有點詭異
- It's creepy.
還有令人毛骨悚然的布娃娃 是吧?
And creepy dolls, huh?
太酷了
Cool.
真邪惡
Wicked.
-哦 我天
- Oh boy.
-這些也是最後一個房♥客留下的
- Also left by the last tenant.
-好吧 你知道嗎 你可以把它放在這裏
- Well, you know what, you can go ahead and leave it here.
它們會給我帶來靈感
I could always use a little inspiration for my work.
-斯坦利寫的是恐怖小說
- Stanley writes horror.
-哦
電影精選列表