這是一個非常重要的事實
It's an important and popular fact
有些事並不像它看上去那樣
that things are not always what they seem.
例如 在地球上 人類總是認爲
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed
他們是地球上最聰明的生物
that he was the most intelligent species occupying the planet,
其實他們只排第三
instead of the third most intelligent.
排在第二位的 當然是海豚啦
The second most intelligent creatures were of-cause dolphins,
說來也很奇怪
who, curiously enough,
其實他們在很久以前 就知道地球要毀滅了
had long known of the impending destruction of the planet Earth.
他們嘗試了很多次 要給人類警告
They'd made many attempts to alert mankind,
但是很多訊號♥ 都被人類理解爲
but most of their communications were misinterpreted
它們是在玩球 或者吹口哨要喫的
as amusing attempts to punch footballs or whistle for tidbits.
所以它們毅然決定離開地球
So they eventually decided they would eave Earth by their own means.
就連海豚最後的口訊也被人類理解爲
The last ever dolphin message was misinterpreted
完美的後空翻
as a sophisticated attempt to do a backward somersault
穿過鐵圈 然後衝向懸在空中的旗子
through a hoop, whistling The Star-Spangled Banner.
實際上 它們的口訊是
In fact, the message was this:
再見 多謝你們給我們的魚
So long and thanks for all the fish.
再見 多謝你們給我們的魚
So long and thanks for all the fish
事情到了這個地步真是不幸
So sad that it should come to this
我們總是想警告你們
We tried to warn you all but, oh, dear
但是你們並不瞭解
You may not share our intellect
你們是多麼不尊敬
Which might explain your disrespect
你們身邊的美好世界
For all the natural wonders that grow around you
再見 多謝你們給我們的魚
So long, so long and thanks...for all the fish
你們的世界就要被毀滅了
Your world's about to be destroyed
你們再也不需煩惱了
There's no point getting all annoyed
躺下看着你們的星球被摧毀
Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you
不管今天是否打到魚
Despite those nets of tuna fleets
我們覺得你們大都很可愛
We thought that most of you were sweet
尤其是小孩和孕婦們
Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women
再見 再見 再見
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
再見 再見
So long, so long
再見 多謝你們給我們的魚
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish
我只有最後一個願望
If I had just one last wish
再給我一些美味的魚
I would like a tasty fish
如果我們可以改變一件事
If we could just change one thing
那就是要學會唱歌♥
We would all have learnt to sing
大家一起來
Come one and all
人類和哺乳動物
Man and mammal
肩並肩在一起
Side by side
生命是一個龐大的基因庫
In life's great gene pool!
再見 再見 再見
So long, so long, so long
再見 再見
So long, so long
再見 多謝你們給我們的魚
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!
銀河系漫遊指南 是個非凡的故事
The extraordinary story of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
有一個非常簡單的開始
begins very simply.
就從一個男人開始
It begins with a man.
精確的說 一個地球人
An Earthman, to be precise.
一個不清楚自己命運的 地球人
Who no more knows his destiny,
就像一片茶葉 不清楚東印度公♥司♥的歷史
than a tea leaf knows the history of the East India Company.
他的名字叫 阿瑟·丹特
His name is Arthur Dent.
他是一個五英尺八英寸高的猿人後裔
He is a five-foot-eight-inch-tall ape descendant
而且有人爲了修公路 要拆他的房♥子
and someone is trying to drive a bypass through his house.
我想讓你做什麼 我要你找到他
What do I want you to do about it? Find him
告訴他 我現在躺在一個推土機前面
and tell him I'm currently lying flat on my back in front of...
好吧 我等着
Fine, I'll hold.
你不可能永遠躺在推土機前面
Mr Dent, you can't lie in front of the bulldozers for ever.
我會的 看一看誰先放棄
I'm game. We'll see who rusts first.
這條公路一定要修
This bypass has got to be built and it is going to be built.
-爲什麼一定要修 -這是條高速公路
-Why has it got to be built? -It's a bypass.
路是一定要修的
You've got to build bypasses.
而且 如果你要抗♥議♥的話 幾個月之前就該開始了
Besides, you should've protested months ago.
這個計劃 在辦公室擱了有一年了
The plans have been on display at the planning office for a year.
擱了有一年了 我要去地下室看一下
On display? I had to go down to a cellar.
丹特先生 你知道這車會受到什麼損壞嗎
Mr Dent, have you any idea how much damage this bulldozer would suffer
如果從你身上壓過去
if I just let it roll straight over you?
-有什麼損壞 -沒有一點損傷
-How much? -None at all.
非常巧合的是
By a strange coincidence, none at all
這個猿人的後裔 阿瑟"一點都沒有"意識到
is exactly how much suspicion ape-descendant Arthur had
他的那個最好的朋友
that one of his closest friends
並不是猿人後裔 而是來自一個很小的星球
was not descended from an ape, but was, in fact, from a small planet
參宿四附近的一顆星球
somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.
阿瑟 阿瑟
Arthur! Arthur!
-福特 -幹什麼
-Ford! -Yes?
我在這兒
Here.
啊 原來你在這裏
Ah, there you are!
我們要談一談了
Eat, drink. We gotta talk.
現在可不是喝酒的時候 他們要毀了我的家園
Now's not the best time. They're going to demolish my home.
哦 你已經知道了嗎
Whoa! You already... You already know? How?
怎麼會知道的
What do you m...?
哦 他們 原來你說的"他們"是指他們
Oh, they, they? When you say "they" you mean they? Got it.
現在 我要告訴你一件非常重要的事情
Listen. I got somethin' important I gotta tell you. Right now.
但是 我的房♥子怎麼辦
Well, what about my house?
地球上的工人們 我帶來了花生和啤酒
Workers of the Earth, I bring good tidings of peanuts and beer!
-好了 我們去酒吧 -什麼
-Good. Let's go to the pub. -Huh?
他們說喝完啤酒纔開工
They won't demolish it until they've finished the beers.
-他們的話可信嗎 -我相信他們 直到地球的末日
-Can we trust 'em? -To the end of the Earth.
-地球末日還有多少時間 -大約還有12分鐘
-How far's that? -About 12 minutes away.
什麼
Huh?
酒來了
Six pints coming up.
不用找了 你還有10分鐘去花這些錢
Keep the change. You got about ten minutes to spend it.
一人三杯 在午飯時間
Three pints each? At Iunchtime?
對不起 時間只是一種幻覺
Sorry. Ah. Time is an illusion.
午飯時間同樣也是
Lunchtime, doubly so.
喫了這些花生 你會需要這些鹽
And eat those peanuts, because You'll need the salt.
-福特 到底發生了什麼事 -阿瑟
-Look, what is going on, Ford? -Arthur...
如果我告訴你 我不是來自吉爾福德
What if I told you I really wasn't from Guildford?
而是來自參宿四星附近的一顆星球
I was from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?
你不是經常這麼說嗎
Is that something you're likely to say?
你還記得我們是如何相遇的嗎
Remember when we met?
快閃開
Out the way!
-噢 -你好
-Oof! -Hi.
看到我要和汽車握手 是不是覺得很奇怪
Wasn't it strange I was trying to shake hands with a car?
我以爲你喝醉了
I assumed you were drunk.
我以爲汽車是一種生命體 我想和他打個招呼
I thought cars were the dominant life form. I was introducing myself.
你救過我 現在我要救你了 喝酒
You saved my life. And now I'm saving yours. Please drink.
今天是週四 我從來沒在週四喝醉過
It must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays.
-如果是關於你的房♥子 -不 不是關於我的房♥子
-If this is about your house... -No, it's not about the house.
-他是誰 -她 她
-Who's he? -She. She.
特瑞沙·麥克米蘭 我們在化裝舞會上遇到的
Tricia McMillan. We met at a fancy-dress party.
我不喜歡化裝舞會
I hate those kind of parties.
我寧願呆在家裏燙我的手帕
I'd rather have stayed at home and ironed my hankies.
-但是我還是去了 -你是誰
-But there I was. -Who are you?
-哦 -她就這樣出現了
-Oh! -And there she was.
呃 丹特 阿瑟·丹特
Uh, Dent. Arthur Dent.
不 我問你扮的誰
Oh, no. I mean, who are you?
哦 我是非洲探險家 李文斯通
Oh, the costume? Right. "Livingstone, I presume!"
雖然他沒有達爾文那麼聰明
Yeah, it's not as clever as Darwin,
但是時間倉促 只能扮成這樣了
but the best I could do at short notice.
你是第一個說對的人
You're the first to get that right.
-真的嗎 -是的 所有人都叫我聖誕老人
-Really? -Yes. Everyone calls me Santa.
-是嗎 -我想是這隻獵犬提醒了你
-Right. -I thought the beagle was a giveaway.
我想也是
So did I.
化裝舞會上的人 都是喝醉了的傻瓜
People at these parties are drunken idlots.
-什麼
-What?
這些人都是傻瓜 上帝啊
All these people are idlots! God!
你真蠢
That's awkward.
我想也是
Tell me.
她真的很漂亮 福特
She was amazing though, Ford.
美麗 機智 瘋狂
Beautiful, witty, mad as a balloon.
電影精選列表