“人只有通過邪惡違法的手段才能獲得權力”——尼科洛·馬基雅弗利
我最親愛的教友
My dearest parish,
初學者和獨行者們…
first-timers, and fellow mavericks ...
你們知道嗎 自從我能拿起相機以來
did you know, ever since I could hold a camera,
我就想成爲一名電影制♥作♥人
I wanted to be a filmmaker?
指導驚魂
我至今做過的最大膽的事
Before today, the bravest thing I ever did
奧克蘭自♥由♥電影節制片人見面 限受邀者
就是偷溜進電影院看電影
was sneak into the movies.
有一次我帶了家人去
One time I brought my family.
我告訴他們我付過錢了
Told them I already paid.
我把他們帶到了我新發現的
I led them to the back door pearly gates
聖地的後門
of my new house of worship.
結果被現場抓包了
And was caught.
那種羞恥感讓我無法忍♥受
The shame was unbearable.
但有時候 你是真沒錢
And, well, sometimes you just don't have the money.
這讓我想起了我的新電影導師
This reminds me of a revelation
他教會了我一個道理
my new film mentor taught me:
“你的藝術眼光會證明”
how your artistic vision justifies
“你所有的犧牲和可能的後果都是值得的”
any supposed consequences and sacrifices.
偉大的電影導演沃納·赫爾佐格總結道
It's summed up by that great film director, Werner Herzog:
“如果你需要呼吸空氣而你又被鎖在房♥間裏”
"If you need air to breathe, and you are locked in a room,
“你必須用鑿子和錘子來打破一堵牆”
"you have to take a chisel and hammer and break down a wall.
“這是你的絕對權利”
"It is your absolute right."
掙扎也是我絕對的權利
And it's my absolute right to hustle.
我只是需要一個導師來指導我拍電影
I just needed a mentor, a guide, to help make my movie,
閱讀我的劇本
read over my screenplay.
一個製片人就可以
A producer will do just fine.
我通常會這樣開口…
I usually start with ...
詹姆斯•瓦格納 對吧?
James Wagner, right?
“嗨我是一個有抱負的電影制♥作♥人”
"Hi, I'm an aspiring filmmaker.
“我給你辦公室打過電♥話♥ 但沒人回覆我”
I called your office, but no one's gotten back to me.
“只要能拍我的第一部電影 我願意做任何事”
"I will do anything to make my first feature."
一艘生病的船要去哪裏才能好起來?
Where does a sick boat go to get better?
碼頭啊
(碼頭的英語與醫生同音)
The dock
碼頭嘛
Like, the dock?
就那個 碼頭 醫生 都是一個詞兒
Doc, dock, D-O-C, D-O-C-K.
媽媽說過會有人看不起我
Mama warned me against the abuse,
我會很痛苦 更不用說要面對的壓力和背叛
the affliction, nevermind the burden and betrayal.
我告訴自己這是必要的過程
I told myself it was all part of the game.
我很樂意爲你工作
I'd love to come work for you.
太好了
That's great.
我會聯♥系♥你的
I'll be in touch.
我的藍天消失了
And my blue skies vanished.
被一陣熟悉的風暴一卷而空
Brushed out by the strokes of a familiar storm.
我再一次在這個世界上一♥絲♥不♥掛♥
And again I'm naked in the world.
桃子小姐
Miss Peach
夠了
Enough
我的媽呀
Holy Jesus
請把你的悲慘人生經歷精簡一下
Please streamline your sob story.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
我只是剛剛發現…
I just got caught up in the fact that...
看在上帝的愛和一切神聖之物的份上
For the love of God and all that is holy,
你能不能直接講述你是如何遇到你的偶像
please get to the part where you meet your idol
和你的新導師 克萊爾·亞當斯的
and newly found mentor, Claire Adams
別忘了那個重要的細節
Don't forget that one important detail.
什麼?
Sir?
重要的細節?
One important detail?
你能相信嗎?
Can you believe this?
喬治亞小姐問什麼是那一個重要的細節
Miss Georgia asking about the one important detail.
現在我周圍都是白♥癡♥
I'm surrounded by idiots, I tell you.
我媽媽總是說 如果要去一個重要的地方
My mama always said you need a guide
你就需要一個嚮導
to get anywhere of importance.
我的腦子整天都在嗡嗡響 思考着答案
My mind droned until the end of days
就像初夏的知了
for a solution, like them cicadas in early summer.
但天意讓我偶然發現了
By providence, I chanced upon
我們世紀的下一位偉大女導演
the next great female director of our century.
上帝啊
Good God.
這一世紀?
Of your century?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
女士 我很抱歉
Ma'am, I'm sorry.
沒關係
No worries.
“沒關係”
"No worries."
該死的加拿大人入侵了
Damn Canadians taking over.
別再追憶往事了
Enough with the reminiscing.
你要贖金嗎?
You want ransom?
我沒有錢
I have nothing.
我的家人?
My family?
也沒有
Nothing.
清算之日即將到來
A reckoning's a-coming.
那句話不是澳大利亞人說的嗎?
I think that, well, wasn't it the Australians that said that?
澳大利亞人 新西蘭人 英國人
Australians, Kiwis, English,
都是崇拜女王的蠢貨
stupid Queen worshipers all the same.
英聯邦的下層民衆
Commonwealth lowlifes.
女士 我很抱歉
Ma'am, I'm sorry.
沒關係
No worries.
我的祈禱應驗了
My prayers answered,
這是決定我一生的時刻
this was my life-defining moment.
我跑過去對她說
I ran to her and said:
我看到你的電影的時候
When I watch your films,
我就知道在這個世界上我並不孤單
I know I'm not alone in the world.
我想這應該是你的
I believe these are yours.
你是在哪裏…
Where did you...
你不僅鼓舞了我
And you are an inspiration not just to me,
還鼓舞了所有女性電影人
but to all female filmmakers.
這對我來說意義重大
Well, that means a lot to me.
很高興見到你
It was really nice to meet you.
對不起 我有一個重要的會議
I'm sorry, I have an important meeting.
亞當斯小姐
Miss Adams
我想制♥作♥我自己的電影
I want to make my own feature films.
我算是個編劇
I'm a screenwriter of sorts.
我只是…
I just ...
我需要一點幫助
I need a little help,
我需要有人讀我的劇本並給我建議
someone to read my work and give advice.
我需要一個導師
I need a mentor.
不好意思 我現在正忙於前期制♥作♥和融♥資♥
Sorry, I'm in pre-production and busy with funding.
連約翰·福特都有一位導師
Even John Ford had a mentor.
他確實在三k黨電影中扮演了三k黨人
Well, he did play a Klansman in that KKK film.
但是一個種族主義的角色
Bah, a racist character doesn't translate
並不代表演員也是種族主義者
into a racist actor.
看到了嗎 我就不知道這些事情
See, I don't know these things.
就今天一天可以嗎?
Look, how about just today?
你的獨♥立♥勇氣獎是8點頒發 對吧?
Your Independent Courage Award is at 8:00, right?
從現在到那時爲止也可以呀?
From now to then?
狗屎
Well, shit.
那叫獨♥立♥勇敢獎
And it's the Independent Bravery Award.
亞當斯小姐 你能讀一下我的劇本嗎?
And Miss Adams, will you read my screenplay?
拜託了 亞當斯小姐
Please, Miss Adams.
經典臺詞:你能讀一下我的劇本嗎?
Classic: will you read my screenplay?
你是不是忘了什麼事情?
Aren't you forgetting one eensy teensy bit?
是嗎?
Yes?
拜託
Come on.
你玩的什麼把戲?
What's your play?
一切都在有序進行
Everything's in order.
你擔心趕不到那個8點的頒獎典禮嗎?
Is that 8:00 p.m. deadline eating away at you?
看到了嗎?
See?
就在這裏 他說我寫的東西很爛
Right here he says my writing is terrible,
說我沒有創造戲劇衝突
that I have no conflict.
傻♥逼♥ 他們都是傻♥逼♥
Idiots, the lot of them.
你能相信嗎?
Can you believe it?
天啊 我討厭審稿人
God, I hate script readers
電影精選列表