【悽豔斷腸花】
阿爾弗雷德·希區柯克 導演
Dinner will be ready in 15 minutes, madam. Thank you, Lakin.
晚餐15分鐘後就好,夫人。 謝謝, Lakin.
Inspector Ambrose is here, madam.
Ambrose督察來了,夫人。
Show him in, will you? Yes, madam.
請他進來,好嗎? 是,夫人。
Good evening, Inspector.
晚上好,督察。
Good evening, Mrs. Paradine. I don't think you've met Sergeant Leggett.
晚上好,Paradine夫人。 你應該還沒見過Leggett探長吧。
How do you do? How do you do?
你好? 你好?
I must say, I'm rather surprised to see you again, Inspector.
我真沒想到,我又見到了你,督察。
I can't imagine there can be anything else that you want from me.
我想不出你找我還有什麼事。
I know, Mrs. Paradine. I'm aware of what you've been through
我理解,Paradine夫人,我明白你的想法。
but I've been sent here to arrest you.
但我奉命前來拘捕你。
It's incredible.
怎麼會這樣。
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉。
Then you want me to go with you?
那麼你是要帶我走?
Yes.
是的。
I'll tell them I won't need dinner.
我要交待一下不必準備晚餐了。
Will you ring?
能幫着按下鈴嗎?
The bell is over there, beside the picture.
鈴就在那,畫像的旁邊。
Do you like the picture?
你覺得這畫怎麼樣?
It was finished a week or two before he died.
是他離世前一兩週完成的。
I think the artist has caught the blind man's look quite wonderfully.
我覺得畫家很準確地捕捉到了這個盲人的神態。
Mrs. Paradine, I have to use some formal words at this point.
Paradine夫人,現在有些事我必須正式告知你。
Lakin, ask Ellen to give you my black lamb coat and my black handbag.
Lakin,請你從Ellen那把我的 黑羊皮外套和黑色手提包拿過來。
I suppose that if I need other clothes, they can be brought to me?
我想如果我還需要別的衣服,他們可以帶給我嗎?
Yes, ma'am.
可以,夫人。
Well?
怎麼說?
I have a warrant for your arrest
我奉命拘捕你。
and it is my duty to warn you that you need not say anything,
我有責任告知你可以保持沉默,
but what you say will be taken down and may be used in evidence upon your trial.
但凡你所說將被記錄並做爲呈堂證供。
The warrant charges you for that on May 6,1946,
有證據指控你,於1946年5月6日,
you did willfully administer or cause to be administered
你蓄意或無意間
some poisonous substance to one Richard Patrick Irving Paradine
對Richard Patrick Irving Paradine使用某種有毒物質
and did murder him.
並導致其被謀殺。
Lakin, I shall probably not be back this evening.
Lakin,今晚我很可能不回來了。
Very well, madam.
好的,夫人。
Tell cook I'm sorry about the dinner.
轉告廚師抱歉不用準備晚餐了。
Yes, madam.
是,夫人。
Good night. Good night, madam.
再見。 再見,夫人。
Yes, I know the country very well.
是,我對那一帶很熟。
The trouble is it's so difficult to get there.
問題是到那裏很不好走。
We can't go by car, of course.
我們不能坐車過去,明顯的。
In here, sir.
這邊請,先生。
I hope you'll forgive my being late.
我希望你能原諒我的遲到。
The fact is, I was just dressing for dinner when your call came.
其實,電♥話♥打來時我正要穿衣準備赴晚宴。
I took it in a bath towel.
我是裹着浴巾接的電♥話♥。
This is Chief Inspector Ambrose. Sir Simon, my family solicitor.
這位是總督察Ambrose。Simon先生,我的私人律師。
Yes, we're old friends. How are you, Inspector?
好啊,我們是老朋友了。你好啊,督察?
Well, thank you, Sir Simon. We don't often see you here, sir.
還行,謝謝,Simon先生。很少在這見到你,先生。
No, you must excuse an old man's foibles. The fact is, I'm not very keen on this place.
是很少,你得原諒我這個老傢伙。 說真的,我不是很喜歡來這裏。
We'll get out of it as soon as possible, Mrs. Paradine, won't we?
我們得儘快解決這件事,Paradine夫人,好不好?
As soon as possible.
越快越好。
When you're ready, Sir Simon, we'll make the formal charge.
等你們準備好,Simon先生,我們就正式起訴,
Do you want to go into another room? It's not necessary.
你們要單獨找個房♥間嗎? 這沒必要。
Just give me a couple of minutes here.
就在這給我幾分鐘時間。
Now, my dear, let's not waste words.
好吧,親愛的,我們長話短說。
You don't have to tell me the police are making a terrible mistake.
你不必訴說警♥察♥犯了個嚴重錯誤.
We mustn't despair. Above all things, we mustn't despair.
我們要有信心。最最重要的是,我們要有信心。
You're not despairing, are you? No, Sir Simon.
你有信心,是嗎? 是,Simon先生。
Now, let me see. They'll read the charge over to you
那麼,讓我想想。他們會向你宣讀起訴書。
and then ask you whether you've anything to say.
然後問你還有什麼要說的。
I think you'd better say, "No."
我認爲你最好說,“沒有。”
Just like that. Quite simply, "No." Is that understood?
就這樣。很簡單地,“沒有。”明白了嗎?
Yes. All right, then.
明白。 很好,然後。
Maddalena Paradine, the charge is
Maddalena Paradine, 起訴理由是
that you, on May 6,1946,
你,於1946年5月6日,
did willfully murder Richard Patrick Irving Paradine.
蓄意謀殺Richard Patrick Irving Paradine。
Do you wish to say anything in answer to the charge?
對此,你有什麼話要說嗎?
I have nothing to say.
我無話可說。
That's all we can do at present.
目前我們能做的就這些。
I'll look in and tell your maid to put together some of your things.
我去找你的女僕讓她整理一些你的個人用品。
You're allowed a few things at this stage.
現階段還可以使用一些用品。
Who is to defend me? You?
誰來爲我辯護?你嗎?
At the trial? Dear me, no. Of course not.
審判時?天啊,不。當然不。
I'll get you one of the distinguished leaders of the Bar.
我會爲你找一個律師界翹楚。
Do you know Mr. Anthony Keane? I've heard of him, of course.
你知道Anthony Keane先生嗎? 當然,我聽說過。
He's very good in this sort of thing. Full of charm and cunning.
他非常擅長打這類官司。思維敏捷,經驗豐富。
But the juries like him. So do I.
而且陪審團喜歡他。我也是。
Won't it be difficult to get him? We'll see. We'll see.
請他不難吧? 再說吧。再說吧。
At the moment, he's on a case in Lincoln.
目前,他在處理一個Lincoln的案子。
I'll get my daughter to run me down and have a talk with him.
我讓我女兒聯♥系♥一下然後找他談談。
You'll like him.
你會喜歡他的。
That's not as important as his liking me, is it?
他不一定喜歡我,是嗎?
I think he will. Good night.
我覺得他會的。再見。
Good night.
再見。
Good night.
再見。
Will you come this way, please?
這邊請吧?
Think it over, Keane. I will, Simmy, I will.
再斟酌一下,Keane。 我會的,Simmy,會的。
Good evening, Baker. Good evening, sir.
晚上好,Baker。 晚上好,先生。
Tony. Yes, my love.
Tony。 是我,我的寶貝。
I knew it.
我就知道。
I knew you didn't have an umbrella or raincoat. Oh, darling.
我知道你沒帶傘或雨衣。哦,親愛的。
You're wet through, Tony.
你渾身都溼透了,Tony。
Baker, will you please bring up the cocktails from the study?
Baker,能請你把雞尾酒從書房♥拿來嗎?
You might ask me if I won my case? You always win your case,
你不問我案子是不是打贏了? 你總是打贏的。
even though you don't have enough sense to come home dry.
即使你笨得回到家給淋得像只雞。
Simmy's car. It leaks.
Simmy的車,是漏的。
Come take your things off, darling, and have a hot shower.
衣服都脫了,親愛的,洗個熱水澡。
I'll make your drink strong. With luck we may pull you through.
我會把酒調得濃點。運氣好就會搞掂。
Simmy wants me to take a case for him.
Simmy想請我爲他接個案子。
Mrs. Paradine.
Paradine夫人的案子。
I don't believe she did it.
我不相信是她乾的。
Do you mind telling me why?
能告訴我爲什麼嗎?
As her defending counsel, I might be able to use any bit of evidence.
做爲她的辯護人,我要利用各種證據。
Well, nice people don't go about murdering other nice people.
哦,好人不會殺好人的。
So you think she's nice?
就是說你覺得她是好人?
Her photograph looks nice.
她的照片看起來是個好人。
And anyone who wasn't nice wouldn't have married that poor blind man.
任何一個不好的人是不會嫁給那個可憐的盲人的。
Here you are.
給你。
Hmm.
嗯。
Just right. Good.
真不錯。 好。
So it's your opinion that nice people never murder their husbands?
於是你認爲好人是永遠不會謀殺丈夫的?
Well, I suppose there are circumstances.
好吧,估計也有例外。
It's amazing how 11 years of wedlock with the greatest realist in the country
令人驚訝的是,和本國最偉大 現實主義者的11年婚姻生活,
haven't altered a single one of your lovely delusions about nice people.
並沒有改變你對一個好人的任何美好幻想。
I'm glad you're defending her.
我很高興你爲她辯護。
Why?
爲什麼?
Darling, your hair's still wet. Let me rub it.
親愛的,你頭髮還是溼的。我幫你擦一下。
Not so hard.
不要這麼粗暴。
It's nice to be married to someone who can help others.
嫁給一個能幫助別人的人真好。
Even save their lives. Watch it.
甚至拯救他們的生命。 輕一點。
But you have changed, you know, darling.
但你已經有所改變了,你知道的,親愛的。
Eleven years ago you wouldn't have taken on this Paradine case.
放在11年前,你是不會按這個Paradine案子的。
Nonsense. I never turned down a thumping big fee then any more than now.
胡說。我從沒有比現在更拒絕一大筆錢的。
You'd have taken it on.
你會接的。
But only after sneering for weeks at the decadence of the rich.
但要在自嘲土豪的墮落一段時間後。
I hardly recognize my lost ideals.
我差不多忘記我失去的理想了。
I remember the first time you called on me
我還記得你第一次約我。
with two tickets for the first night of that Shaw play. Do you remember?
買♥♥了2張Shaw演出的首場票。還記得嗎?
You'd forgotten to dress.
你穿得邋邋遢遢。
The look of horror on Mother's face as we left the house.
我們出門時媽媽臉上嫌棄的表情。
電影精選列表