Well, take me back down where cool water flow, yeh.
# 帶我重回清流潺潺之地 #
Let me remember things I love
# 讓我記住心中所愛 #
Dan. Your rifle.
丹 你的來♥福♥槍♥
All right, do them all.
好了 都畫上迷彩條
First and second squad, too.
第一和第二小隊也要
Stoppin' at the log where catfish bite.
# 流連於木樁前 魚兒在此上鉤 #
Who's the longhair?
那個長頭髮的是誰
That's Ellsberg. Works for Lansdale at the embassy.
那是埃爾斯伯格 爲大使♥館♥的蘭斯代爾工作
He's observing.
他是偵察兵
I can hear the bull frog callin' me.
# 我能聽到蛙聲的召喚 #
Wonder if my rope's still hangin' to the tree.
# 我的繩索是否還掛在樹上 #
Let's move out.
出發吧
Let's go. Moving out.
走吧 出發
Love to kick my feet way down the shallow water.
# 喜歡踩着河邊淺水嬉戲 #
Shoe fly, dragon fly, get back to your mother
# 鞋子掉了 蜻蜓飛舞 回去找媽媽 #
I'll take good care of it.
我會好好保護它的
Skip it across Green River.
# 在綠河上打水漂 #
Bravo 27, this is Kilo 4 Tango.
Bravo 27 這裏是Kilo 4 Tango
Fire mission. Grid 298471.
請求開炮 座標298471
Lay down.
躺下
Just hang in there, buddy. They're gonna fix you up.
堅持住 老兄 他們會治好你的
Dan?
丹
Dan?
丹
Dan!
丹
Secretary would like a word. You wanna follow me?
國務卿想跟你談談 跟我來一下好嗎
Well, you can say what you want to the President.
你跟總統說什麼都可以
I've read every one of Ellsberg's reports...
但我已經讀了埃爾斯伯格的每一頁報告
and I'm telling you, it's just not the case.
我告訴你 事情不是你想的那樣
Dan, you know Mr. Komer.
丹 這位是卡爾瑪先生
He's been discussing the war with the President...
他一直在和總統討論越南的戰役
and, well, his sense is that
他認爲
we've made real progress over the past year...
我們在過去一年裏取得了相當大的進展...
but I've been doing my own review, and it seems to me...
但我一直在有在觀察 在我看來...
that things have gotten worse.
情況變得更糟了
But neither of us have been in the field.
但我們都沒上過戰場
You have, you're the one who knows.
而你曾上過 你應該知道事實是怎樣的
So, what do you say?
所以你的看法是什麼
Are things better or worse?
情況是變好還是變糟了
Well, Mr. Secretary...
國務卿先生
what I'm most impressed by is how much things are the same.
我最驚訝的是情況幾乎毫無改變
You see, that's exactly what I'm saying.
你聽到了 這和我說的是一個意思
We put another hundred thousand troops
我們派遣了十萬軍隊
into the field, things are no better.
上戰場 但情況毫無好轉
To me, that means things are actually worse.
對我來說 這就相當於情況更糟了
Thank you, Dan.
謝謝你 丹
Mr. Secretary!
國務卿先生
Mr. Secretary! Sir!
國務卿先生 先生
How was your trip, sir? Sir.
你這次的訪問如何 先生
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
下午好 先生們
I don't have any prepared remarks...
我沒有預先準備好要發言...
but I'd be very happy to take your questions one at a time.
但我很樂意回答你們的問題 一個個來
Jim. Mr. Secretary...
吉姆 國務卿先生
I'm wondering if the trip left you optimistic or pessimistic...
我想知道 通過這次訪問 您對此次戰爭...
about our prospects in this war and our ability to win it.
以及我們的勝率持積極態度還是消極態度
He asked whether I was optimistic or pessimistic.
他問我的態度是積極的還是消極的
Today, I can tell you that military progress over
今天 我可以告訴你們 在過去十二個月裏
the past 12 months, has exceeded our expectations.
我們所取得的軍事進展已經超過預期
We're very encouraged by what we're seeing in Vietnam.
在越南的所見所聞讓我們深受鼓舞
In every respect, we're making progress.
在方方面面上 我們都取得了進展
And I'm especially pleased to have had
並且我特別高興能有
Bob Komer along for the trip.
鮑勃·卡爾瑪隨行
So he could see for himself
這樣他能親眼看到
that we've been showing great improvement...
我們在戰事上取得了...
in every dimension of the war effort.
全方面的巨大進展
Derek.
德里克
美國 - 越南關係
最高機密
最高機密
越南任務小隊
Good night, Dan.
晚安 丹
Good night, Dan. Night, guys.
晚安 丹 晚安 朋友們
You okay, Dan?
你還好嗎 丹
Yeah. Yeah, thought I'd forgot something.
沒事 沒事 我以爲我忘帶了什麼
I didn't.
其實沒有
Next left on Melrose.
下一個路口在梅爾羅斯左轉
We have committed ourselves to the cause...
"我們向聯♥合♥國♥承諾...
of a just and peaceful world order
要爲建立平等和平的國際秩序
through the United Nations.
貢獻一分力量"
"May 3rd, 1950."
一九五零年五月三日
"President Truman approved $10 million"
"杜魯門總統批准對印度支那
"In military aid to Indochina."
投入一千萬的軍事援助"
America's leadership
"美國的領導地位和
and prestige depend...
威望取決於...
on how we use our power in the interests of world peace.
如何盡我們之力 維護世界和平"
"I feel concerned about paragraph six..."
"我對第六段中提及的...
"Which gives authority to control"
對越南大選享有控制權
"General elections in Vietnam."
表示擔憂"
The United States, as the world knows,
"美國 衆所周知
will never start a war.
從來不會主動發起戰爭"
"May 11th, 1961."
一九六一年五月十一日
"President Kennedy orders"
"肯尼迪總統下令由國防部
"A full examination by the Defense Department..."
就派遣美國武裝力量
"Of a possible commitment of U. S. Forces to Vietnam."
至越南之事進行全面調查"
We are not about to send American boys...
"我們不會把美國同胞
9 or 10,000 miles away from home...
送到離家一萬英里以外的地方...
to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.
去完成本該由亞洲人完成的事"
"President Johnson chose to reaffirm the Kennedy policies."
"約翰遜總統選擇追隨肯尼迪總統的政策"
"Military operations should be initiated"
"必須要在嚴格的政♥治♥管控下
"Under close political control."
方可發起軍事行動"
Can we just do the numbers
我們能再練一遍
just one more time?
數字的部分嗎
The company's selling how many shares?
公♥司♥要賣♥♥多少股票
1.35 million shares.
一百三十五萬股
And the price range is?
價格範圍是
Between $24.50 and $27 per share.
每股二十四點五至二十七美元
Not exactly a huge difference.
沒什麼太大的區別
For them. But, you know, the bankers
那是對他們來說 但你也知道的
always do fiddle with the prices.
銀行家們老是玩數字遊戲
But for us, that's over $3 million...
但對我們來說 那是三百多萬...
and that represents over five years' salary
等同於二十五個優秀記者
for 25 good reporters.
五年的薪水
Good. But why spend in the newsroom?
很好 那爲什麼要花在新聞制♥作♥上呢
You're far less profitable
甘耐特報業和
than Gannett or Knight or Ridder.
奈特里德報業比你可賺得多
Gannett and Knight and Ridder
這些集團只是在
own monopoly papers in smaller cities.
一些小城市壟斷了報業
And our readers are leaders, you know.
但我們的讀者是國家領袖
They're educated. They demand more.
他們受過良好的教育 他們的要求更高
That's why we invest in really good reporters.
所以我們要把錢投資在優秀記者身上
And so...
還有
Because quality and profitability
因爲質量和收益
do go hand in hand.
是相輔相成的
See? Yeah.
你聽聽 是啊
You know all this already. Oh, gosh!
你其實清楚得很 天哪
I don't know if I do.
我不知道是不是我真的明白
I should get to breakfast. Yeah.
我該去喫早餐了 好
We don't want Paul or Arthur too antsy this afternoon.
今天下午不能讓保羅和亞瑟等太久了
No.
沒錯
Good luck.
祝你好運
And thank you, Fritz. Mmmhmm.
還有 謝謝你 弗裏茨 不客氣
See you downtown. I'll see you.
城裏見 回頭見
You think this is really necessary?
你覺得一定要這樣做嗎
電影精選列表