Hi, honey.
嗨 寶貝
Hi, Mom.
嗨 媽媽
You feeling any better?
好點了嗎
A little bit.
好點了
Guess what.
知道嗎
What?
什麼
Grandfather's here.
爺爺來了
Mom, can't you tell him that I'm sick?
媽媽 你就不能告訴他我病了嗎
You're sick. That's why he's here.
你病了 所以他來看看你
He'll pinch my cheek.
他會捏我的臉的
I hate that.
我不喜歡
Maybe he won't.
或許他不會呢
How's the sickie?
小病號♥怎麼樣了
I'll leave you two pals alone.
我讓你們聊聊吧
I brought you a special present.
我給你帶了一份特別的禮物
What is it? Open it up.
什麼啊 拆開它
A book? That's right.
一本書 對
When I was your age, television was called books.
當我像你這麼大時 電視就叫做書
This is a special book.
這是一本特別的書
It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick...
過去當我生病時我的父親就會給我讀
and I used to read it to your father.
我過去也給你父親讀過
Today I'm going to read it to you.
今天我要給你讀
Does it got any sports in it?
裏面有關於體育的內容嗎
Are you kidding?
你在開玩笑吧
Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge...
劍術 搏擊 拷問 報仇...
giants, monsters, chases...
巨人 怪物 追捕...
escapes, true love, miracles.
逃跑 真愛 奇蹟
That doesn't sound too bad.
聽上去還不錯
I'll try and stay awake.
我會試着不睡着的
Thank you very much. That's very nice of you.
謝謝 那就太好了
Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.
你的信任投票讓人無法抵擋
All right.
好的
"The Princess Bride...
"公主新娘"
"by S. Morgenstern.
"作者是摩根斯特尼"
"Chapter One.
"第一章"
"Buttercup was raised on a small farm...
布特卡普是在一個叫弗羅林的村莊裏的...
"in the country of Florin.
"一個農場長大的"
"Her favorite pastimes were riding her horse...
"她最喜歡的消遣就是騎着她的馬..."
"and tormenting the farm boy that worked there.
"打擾在那兒工作的農場小夥"
"His name was Westley, but she never called him that."
"他的名字叫維斯特雷 但她從來不這麼稱呼他"
Isn't that a wonderful beginning?
這難道不是一個好的開頭嗎
Yeah, it's really good.
是的 很好
"Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure...
"布特卡普覺得最快樂的事是..."
as ordering Westley around."
"吩咐維斯特雷幹這幹那"
Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle.
農場小夥 擦一下我的馬鞍
I want to see my face shining in it by morning.
到早上我要它亮到能照出我的臉
As you wish.
遵您所願
"As you wish" was all he ever said to her.
"遵您所願"幾乎是他對她說話的全部
Farm boy, fill these with water.
農場小夥 把這些都裝滿水
Please.
拜託
As you wish.
遵您所願
That day she was amazed to discover...
那天她很驚訝的發現...
that when he was saying, "As you wish"...
當他說 "遵您所願"時...
what he meant was, "I love you."
他的意思是 "我愛你"
Even more amazing was the day she realized...
更令人驚訝的是她意識到...
she truly loved him back.
自己也愛上了他
Farm boy.
農場小夥
Fetch me that pitcher.
裝一壺水
As you wish.
遵您所願
Hold it, hold it.
等等 等等
What is this? Are you trying to trick me?
這是什麼 你想哄我嗎
And where's the sports?
哪裏有體育的內容
Is this a kissing book?
這不就是一本說接吻的書嗎
Wait. Just wait.
等一下 別急
When does it get good?
什麼時候纔會有精彩的內容
Keep your shirt on and let me read.
穿上你的衣服 聽我讀
"Westley had no money for marriage...
"維斯特雷沒錢結婚..."
"so he packed his few belongings and left the farm...
"所以他簡單收拾了一下行李就離開了農場..."
"to seek his fortune across the sea."
"跨越大海去碰碰運氣"
It was a very emotional time for Buttercup.
那對布特卡普來說是一個很傷感的時刻
I don't believe this!
我不相信這個
I fear I'll never see you again.
我擔心再也見不到你了
Of course you will.
你一定會見到我的
What if something happens to you?
如果你出了什麼事呢
Hear this now...
聽着...
I will always come for you.
我總是會出現在你身邊的
But how can you be sure?
你怎麼能這麼肯定
This is true love.
這就是真愛
Do you think this happens every day?
你認爲它每天都會發生嗎
Westley didn't reach his destination.
維斯特雷沒有到達目的地
His ship was attacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts...
他的船受到可怕的羅伯茨海盜的襲擊
who never left captives alive.
他們從來都不會讓俘虜活命的
When Buttercup got the news that Westley was murdered...
當布特卡普得知維斯特雷被殺害...
Murdered by pirates is good!
被老練的海盜所殺害
She went into her room and shut the door...
她跑進自己的房♥間把門關上...
and for days she neither slept nor ate.
幾天幾夜不食不眠
I will never love again.
我再也不會愛了
Five years later, the main square of Florin City...
五年後 在弗羅林城的廣場...
was filled as never before to hear the announcement...
擠滿了人羣 聽王子胡姆普丁克...
of the great Prince Humperdinck's bride-to-be.
宣佈他的新娘子
My people...
我的人♥民♥
a month from now...
從現在開始的一個月裏...
our country will have its 500th anniversary.
我們的國家將舉♥行♥500周♥年♥慶♥典
On that sundown, I shall marry a lady...
日落後 我將迎娶一位女士...
who was once a commoner like yourselves...
她曾經像你們一樣平常...
but perhaps you will not find her common now.
但現在你們或許不會再覺得她平常了
Would you like to meet her?
你們想見見她嗎
My people, the princess Buttercup!
我的人♥民♥ 布特卡普公主
Buttercup's emptiness consumed her.
空虛侵襲着布特卡普
Although the law of the land gave Humperdinck...
雖然國家的法律給了胡姆普丁克...
the right to choose his bride...
選擇新娘的權力...
she did not love him.
但她並不愛他
Despite Humperdinck's reassurance...
儘管胡姆普丁克認爲...
That she would grow to love him...
她會慢慢愛上他...
the only joy she found was in her daily ride.
而她唯一的樂趣是整天騎馬
A word, my lady?
請問一下 女士
We are but poor, lost circus performers.
我們是一羣窮困潦倒 迷了路的馬戲團藝人
Is there a village nearby?
請問附近有村落嗎
There is nothing nearby, not for miles.
附近幾公里內什麼也沒有
Then there will be no one to hear you scream.
那麼就沒人會聽見你叫了
What is that you're ripping?
你在撕什麼
It's fabric from the uniform of an army officer of Guilder.
這是基爾德軍隊長官制♥服♥上的
Who's Guilder?
誰是基爾德
The country across the sea, the sworn enemy of Florin.
海對面的國家 和弗羅林有不共戴天之仇
Go!
走
Once the horse reaches the castle...
一旦這馬到了古堡...
the fabric will make the prince suspect...
這東西會讓王子懷疑...
that the Guilderians have abducted his love.
基爾德人綁♥架♥了他的愛人
When he finds her body dead on the Guilder frontier...
當他在基爾德的邊疆內發現她的屍體...
his suspicions will be totally confirmed.
他的懷疑就會被確認
You never said anything about killing anyone.
你從沒說過要殺人
I've hired you to help me start a war.
我僱你來是協助我挑起一場戰爭
It's a prestigious line of work...
這是具有悠久而光榮的傳統裏...
with a long and glorious tradition.
一份很有聲望的工作
I just don't think it's right, killing an innocent girl.
我只是認爲殺害一位無辜的女士是不對的
Am I going mad, or did the word "think" escape your lips?
是我瘋了 還是"想"這個詞從你的嘴脣裏溜了出來
You were not hired for your brains...
僱你不是因爲要用你的腦子...
you hippopotamic land mass!
你這個河馬般的巨無霸
I agree with Fezzik.
我同意菲茲克
The sot has spoken!
酒鬼說話了
電影精選列表