人們常說 藝術中最短和最長
It is sometimes said that both the shortest
的距離就是在優秀作品
and the longest distance in art
1951年 倫敦
和傑出之作之間的距離
is that between the very good and the truly great.
而今晚 大衛·伊萊·拉波波特
Well, tonight, David Eli Rapoport
也許將完美地跨越那道分界線
may well cross that divide.
我們這些有幸
Those of us who have been privileged
聆聽他宣傳的人
to hear his promotional recording
一致同意這首由21歲的波蘭移♥民♥所演奏的
are unanimous in declaring the extraordinary playing
曲子是非凡之作
by this 21-year-old Polish immigrant:
是"來自上帝的音樂"
"Music from the gods."
拉波波特的這首曲子給古典音樂的世界
So great has been the impact of this recording by Rapoport
所帶來的影響如此之大
on the classical music world
以至於讓人不禁忘了
that one tends to forget
他的名字至今還不爲人所知
how little known his name still is.
而今晚將會是他平生第一次在國際舞臺
And tonight will be his first-ever concert
上的音樂會
on an international stage.
還沒到
Nothing yet.
他出意外了 這沒有別的解釋
He's had an accident. There's no other explanation.
我們還不清楚
We don't know that.
馬丁 打電♥話♥給醫院
Martin, I'd like you to telephone the hospitals.
我已經打過了 父親
I already have, Father.
桑德森先生現在又去打了一次電♥話♥
Mr. Sanderson's doing it again now.
-有人通知警♥察♥了嗎 -有點小題大做了吧
- Has anyone informed the police? - It's too early for that.
他今天下午怎麼樣 排練的時候他還好嗎
How was he this afternoon? Was he all right at rehearsal?
-他看起來不錯 -他帶着小提琴嗎
- He seemed fine. - Did he take the violin with him?
他去哪兒都帶着它 上廁所也帶着
He takes it everywhere. He takes it to the loo.
吉爾伯特 別讓自己過於緊張
Gilbert, stop working yourself into a froth.
也許只是他的手錶停了
Perhaps his watch stopped.
一個自動發條的腕錶不會停的
A self-winding wristwatch does not stop.
但如果你摔了它 它就會
Well, it does if you drop it.
也許堵在路上了
Might have got stuck in traffic.
他有說他彩排之後會去哪兒嗎
Did he say where he was going after rehearsal?
他沒有
He didn't.
西蒙茲先生,大衛有他自己的行事方法
Dovidl does things his own way, Mr. Simmonds.
海倫是對的 說不定他正走向這裏
Helen's right. He's probably walking here.
他喜歡在雨中漫步
He likes walking in the rain.
手臂下夾着加利亞諾的時候嗎
With a Gagliano under his arm?
我出去盯着
I'll keep an eye out.
你看到外面坐的那些人了嗎
Have you seen who's out there?
國家的同僚 議員們
Peers of the realm, members of Parliament,
時代週刊的音樂評論家
The Times music critic.
這樣的人是不會一直等着的
Such people are not to be kept waiting.
這場音樂會他和你一樣重視
This means as much to him as it does to you.
-是嗎 -我知道的
- Does it really? - I know.
你不知道 馬丁
You don't know, Martin.
他可能正躺在某處的陰溝裏
He could be lying in a gutter somewhere,
受了傷
hurt...
或是死了
dead.
必須告訴他們這事
They'll have to be told.
讓我來做吧
Let me do it.
我的大人們 女士們和先生們
My lords, ladies, gentlemen,
我非常遺憾的告訴大家
it is with great regret I have to tell you
你們來看的演奏家
the performer you have come to see
今晚不能來了
is unable to be here this evening,
所以無法進行演奏
so the performance cannot take place.
退款
Refunds...
將在售票處辦理
...may be claimed at the box office.
好極了
Extraordinary.
時間之歌♥
35年後
-記得帶上你的藥 -好
- Take your pills. - Um...
推廣音樂的時候 同樣的襯衫別穿兩次
Don't wear the same shirt twice. Sell music.
這裏 馬丁 嘿 馬丁 給你
Oh, here, Martin. Hey, Martin. Here.
出租車到了 另外 你要遲到了
Taxi's here. You're late, by the way.
你會趕不上火車 也就參加不了音樂比賽
You'll miss the train. And the music competition.
如果評估屋頂的到了
And if the estimate for the roof arrives,
-儘快通知我 -爲什麼
- let me know as soon as possible. - Why?
因爲我可能要走回家了
Because I might have to walk home.
旅途愉快
Have a good trip.
到國王十字路口嗎
King's Cross?
紐卡斯爾市
我非常自信今年的決賽選手
I have every confidence that this year's finalists
將會維持高的音樂水準
will maintain the high musical standard
這正是泰恩賽德聞名之處
for which Tyneside is justly famous.
北部的維也納
Vienna of the north.
因此廢話少說 比賽開始
So without further ado, let competition commence,
讓音樂來說話
and may music speak louder than words.
"no. 2小提琴組曲"
"Partita for violin no. 2"
克萊斯勒的"愛的憂傷"
Kriesler's "liebeslied"
"巴托克樂譜 op. 26"
"Bagatelles, op. 26"
- 最後一名年輕音樂家 - 可以回家了嗎
- Our final young musician... - Can we go home now?
-來自南希爾茲港 -一個天才 也許兩個
- ...came from South Shields. - One genius, maybe two.
請爲彼得·斯坦普鼓掌
Please put your hands together for Peter Stemp.
"no. 13 奏鳴曲"
"Sonata no. 13"
"原創主題變奏曲 op. 15"
"Theme original varie, op. 15"
弗萊施教授
Professor Flesch?
你覺得如何
What do you think?
過於花哨了 你不是克萊斯勒 年輕人
Too many flourishes. You are not Kreisler, young man.
克萊斯勒不是拉波波特
Kreisler is not Rapoport.
你會教他嗎
You will teach him?
他是個天才
He is genius.
我一個月謝絕了10個天才 潘·拉波波特
I am sent 10 geniuses a month, Pan Rapoport.
如果你兒子承認他仍然有需要學習的地方
If your son accepts that he has still something to learn,
也許我可以教他
perhaps I can teach him.
-你住在倫敦嗎 -不
- You are staying in London? - No.
我要回華沙回到我的妻子和女兒們的身邊
I go back to Warsaw to my wife and daughters.
如果有人能照顧大衛 我會把他留在這
If I can find somebody to take David, I leave him here.
西蒙茲先生 你有認識的猶太家庭嗎
Do you know of Jewish family, Mr. Simmonds?
我可以付些錢
I can pay a little.
碰巧 拉波波特先生 我想到一個家庭
As it happens, I do have a family in mind, Mr. Rapoport.
雖然不是猶太人 但富有音樂氛圍
It isn't Jewish, but it is musical
-而且不需要你花錢 -是英國人嗎
- and will cost you nothing. - This is English family?
是的 我的兒子和大衛同齡
It is. My own son is David's age.
他們可以住在一塊
They would share a bedroom.
我可以向你保證你們的宗教信仰
I can promise you the tenets of your religion
將得到充分的尊重
will be fully respected,
它的要求將在各方面得到滿足
its requirements met in every regard.
-你瞭解了嗎 -是的
- You understand? - Yes.
那是一個好的家庭
It's a good family.
我有些東西要給你
I have something for you.
勇敢些 兒子 我會回來的
Be brave, son. I'll be back.
我不想你在我房♥間裏 我喜歡一個人
I don't want you in my room. I like being on my own.
-這輪不到你來選 -錯了 小聰明
- It is not your choose. - Wrong, clever.
這就是我來選
It is my "choose."
我決定可以不可以
I decide if it's all right.
如果我說不 你就回去波蘭
And if it isn't, you go back to Poland.
然後德國人會侵略波蘭
And the Germans are going to invade Poland.
你將不得不戴上一個黃色的星星
You'll have to wear a yellow star,
然後你會被棕色衣服的人揍扁
and you'll be bashed up by brownshirts.
揍扁是什麼意思
What is "bashed up"?
你最好不要打鼾 就這些
You better not snore, that's all.
如果我打鼾 也是打着有曲調的鼾
If I snore, I snore in tune.
我是個音樂家 你會什麼樂器
I am musician. You play?
會一點鋼琴
Piano... a bit.
象棋呢
Chess?
會一點
A bit.
你什麼都只會一點
Everything for you is "bit."
我是個天才
I am genius.
我幫你
I help you.
你會是個"小"天才
You will be "bit" genius.
打賭我能把你打倒
Bet I could get you down.