1963年 英格蘭 劍橋
Well, come on!
Come on, old man.
Coming into Trinity Lane!
Eyes on the road, Brian.
Brian spies an opening!
Eyes on the staff!
Hawking's lost it!
You lose, Brian.
Too slow, old man.
Oh, my goodness. Right.
Time for a drink, yeah. Hello.
What if the secret of the universe has something to do with sex.
Maybe do your doctorate on that? The physics of love.
- I think that's more your field, Brian. - Not lately.
They will boot you out, you know, if you don't decide.
I know everybody here who's... brilliant.
Oh, dear, scientists!
Don't worry, we don't have to stay long...
looks mortifyingly dull.
- Bores. - Who's that?
Who's who? Oh, him?
他挺怪的 也挺聰明 去了抗♥議♥核遊♥行♥[1960年代]
He's strange, clever, goes to "Ban the Bomb" marches.
Wilde. Jane Wilde.
Oh, there's David... David?
-我馬上回來 馬上回來 -戴安娜
- I'll be back in a minute. I'll be back in a second. - Diana! Diana!
- Hello. - Hello.
- Science? - Arts.
- English. - French and Spanish.
What about you? What are you?
-宇宙學家 我是個宇宙學家 -那是什麼
- Cosmologist, I'm a cosmologist. - What's that?
It's a kind of religion for
- intelligent atheists. - Intelligent atheists?
You're not religious, are you?
C Of E.
- Church of England. - England, yes.
I suppose someone has to be.
So, what do cosmologists worship then?
What do we worship?
One single unifying equation
that explains everything in the universe.
- Really. - Yes.
What's the equation?
That is the question.
And a very good question. I'm not quite sure yet.
But I intend to find out.
Then why didn't you stay at Oxford?
Because my finals exams were such a shambles
that the examiners they settled me in for a "Viva",
- And they told me that if I go up a second... - What's a "Viva"?
It's a sort of, mildly terrifying face-to-face thingy.
- Like an interview? - An interrogation.
And I told them that if they gave me a 2nd class degree
then I'd stay with them and do my research at Oxford,
but if they gave me the 1st, I needed to get into Cambridge,
then they would never have to see me again.
They gave you the 1st.
They gave me the 1st.
- Of course. - This party is officially deceased.
Come on, I've fixed you up a ride home.
Come on, Jane...
- Well, it was lovely to talk to you. - Yes.
And... I hope you find your equation.
- Bye. - Bye.
Well, then, here we are,
a little challenge for you all,
as you embark upon your separate doctoral journeys...
whatever they may be, Mr. Hawking.
Pass them down.
Something to separate the men from the boys,
the wheat from the chaff,
the mesons from the pi-mesons, the quarks from the quacks.
Ten questions, each more impregnable than the last.
Good luck, you'll need it. Shall we say Friday at 3 o'clock?
This is going to hospitalize me.
And one, drive!
堅持住 布萊恩 給你喊個持久的
Stay long, Brian. I'll give you something long.
堅持住 布萊恩 加把勁 布萊恩
Stay long, Brian. Keep long, Brian!
-撐住啊 布萊恩 -累死了
- Long, Brian! - I'm exhausted.
Stay long, Brian!
彈它 彈它 該死
Flip it, flip it! Wiggs.
Somebody else for once.
- Can I get two more of those, please? - Yeah, sure.
- And some change for payphone, Sir. - Yeah.
-斯蒂夫 你沒事吧 -簡
- Steve, you all right, mate? - Jane.
You'll never guess who I saw with him the other day... Caroline.
For heaven's sake, she can save him, quite frankly.
What's the probability?
Uh... this is... this is Stephen.
- Do you play croquet? - Croquet?
I'm actually busy on Sunday mornings.
Anyway, before I was completely interrupted...
Oh, come on, get up! How many did you get?
-早上好 布萊恩 -下午好 斯蒂芬
- Morning, Brian. - Good afternoon, Stephen.
How many of the impossible questions did you do?
Brian, I have no idea what you're talking about.
夏瑪的問題 你做出幾個 斯蒂芬
How many of Sciama's questions did you get, Stephen?
- None. - You didn't get any?
I was going to do them later.
You haven't even looked at them.
Stephen, are you aware that
you've voluntarily embarked on a PhD in physics?
At the most prestigious college in England?
Oh! Thought maybe you'd slept through the induction or something.
- What? - Can you whip on some Wagner?
-請進 斯蒂芬 -抱歉
- Come in, Stephen. - Sorry.
Michael, that's so illegible
I can't quite decipher how wrong it is, I suspect enormously,
and Brian... that's just baffling.
- Have you even bothered to? - Oh, sorry.
Train time tables.
It's certainly unacceptable, these expired a month ago.
It's on the back, I had a little accident.