I hope our new Commander-in-Chief...
我希望新的司令
isn't the coward they say he is.
不像他們所說那樣懦弱
Whatever they say,
不論別人怎麼說
Yamamoto is the kind of leader we need.
山本先生正是我們所需要的領導者
He believes in the value of the airplane.
他了解空戰的重要性
But why a Vice-Navy Minister...
爲什麼海軍副部長會突然被調來
for such an important position?
擔任指揮軍艦這麼重要的工作
Maybe the climate in Tokyo was detrimental to Yamamoto's health.
可能留在東京對他不好吧
The Army is against him...
陸軍軍方因爲他的反對言論
for opposing their policies.
而對他感冒
So he runs away to sea.
難怪他要逃到海上
Now he has the entire fleet to guard him.
現在有整個四萬人的艦隊來保護他了
This order makes you Commander-in-Chief.
我將聯合艦隊指揮權移交予閣下
The Imperial fleet consists of--
現在聯合艦隊的主力艦包括...
Save your breath, Yoshida.
省省吧, 吉田
Those details are in the documents.
我想這些文件都記錄得夠清楚了
You haven't changed!
你還是老樣子
With the Army controlling politics...
現在是陸軍在主導一切
...your job as Navy Minister will be difficult.
你這個海軍指揮官就更難當了
Don't mess it up
別搞砸了
Thank God you're here.
你也辛苦了
We know your life has been threatened.
我真高興你還活着
I'm not that easy to kill.
我不會這麼容易被殺的
Army hotheads are demanding
目前陸軍的激進派
an alliance with Germany.
主張與德國結盟
That would be tragic for Japan.
這樣會貽害日本的
As Navy Minister l will continue to fight with the Army.
我會繼續與陸軍對抗的
You are our last hope, Yoshida.
你是我們的最後希望了, 吉田
The Navy must stand firm against the alliance.
現在的日本 正面臨重大決策時期
America is against the war we are waging in China...
美國反對我們進軍中國
...and angry that we are negotiating with the Germans.
以及對我們和德國結盟感到很生氣
Now we are threatened with an embargo of the raw materials we need.
現在他們 圍堵我國的原料進口貿易
Either we improve relations with the U.S. ...
除非我們改善與美國的關係
and withdraw from China
並從中國撤軍
...or find another source of raw materials here in Indo-China.
不然我們就得改從南方的印度支那進口原料了
Why worry about threats from America?
爲什麼要怕美國人?
President Roosevelt's attention is on Europe...
羅斯福總統的目標放在歐洲
...where Germany is winning a quick victory over the Allied Armies.
因爲德國人已打了許多勝仗了
So I think we don't have to withdraw our force...
所以我認爲爲了我們的南進
from China
不必撤軍
Now is the time to strike.
現在是進攻的時候了
The British, the Dutch and the French are withdrawing their forces...
這時英國,荷蘭以及法國
...from Southeast Asia ...
正從東南亞撤軍
to strengthen their armies in Europe.
以增加歐洲的兵力
We must be careful.
我們還是得小心
The Americans have an Army in the Philippines...
美國在菲律賓還有駐遠東軍隊
...and they have moved ...
而他們從...
their Pacific Fleet from San Diego to Pearl Harbor
聖迭戈派來太平洋艦隊進駐夏威夷
Yes, and that fleet is a knife leveled at Japan's throat.
那支部隊對日本來說是很大威脅
The Japanese ambassador just arrived. He should be up shortly.
長官, 日本大使剛剛抵達
Thank you.
謝謝
The Japanese are stalling, Henry.You know that.
日本人在用拖延戰術
When Nomura took over as ambassador...
當野村被任命爲大使時
... l had some hopes of settling our differences.
我以爲我們兩國之間 會有些改變
But our meetings so far have been unproductive.
但是會談到現在 還沒有什麼建設性
He brings me proposals,I offer compromises.
他提供計劃給我 我也讓步了
He brings me counterproposals, and so on.
他又帶來得寸進尺的計劃
I tell you, Henry, Nomura was sent here to buy time.
他只是來拖延時間的
That's what he's doing, at our expense.
他是在耍我們
The president believes him to be...
戰爭部長 亨利·史汀生 總統相信野村大使是個君子
...a man we can trust and deal with.
認爲我們可以信任他 可以跟他打交道
Mr. Ambassador, we meet again.
大使先生, 我們又見面了
It is always a pleasure.
我總是很高興能見到你
I assume you know Mr. Stimson, the head of our War Department.
您應該認識我們的作戰領導人 史汀森先生
Oh, yes, of course.
當然好
Mr. Ambassador.
大使先生
I do hope, Mr. Stimson your presence here does not indicate anything ominous.
我希望您 不是來告訴我壞消息的
Of course not, Mr. Nomura.
當然不是, 野村先生
Mr. Nomura, won't you please sit down?
野村先生, 您請坐
Thank you.
謝謝
Well, since our last talk a week ago...
自從上星期我們會談以來
... l have received certain shall we say questions from my government...
我一直受到 我國政♥府♥的"質問"
...to put to you to clarify certain matters.
想澄清一些疑慮
Good morning, colonel.
早安, 上校
There it is.
就是這兒
This machine lets us intercept every word between Tokyo...
海軍情報科OP-20-G 艾爾文·克萊默少校 這部機器可攔截所有
...and all Japanese embassies.
從東京傳到各地大使♥館♥的電報
The coded material is fed into that machine.
它可以接收密♥碼♥
It goes round and round in there...
將之轉譯成電碼
...and comes out here, decoded in Japanese.
再印出日文電報來
All we have to do is translate it.
我們只要翻譯就好了
We decode this quicker than the Japanese embassy...
我們解碼的速度
...right here in Washington.
比駐華盛頓日本大使♥館♥還快
No wonder you decided to call it "Operation Magic."
難怪你要稱之爲"魔法行動"了
The latest intercept, sir. Thank you.
這是最新攔截到的電報 謝謝
Things are getting a little hotter in the Pacific.
太平洋戰事可越來越熱鬧了
As long as we're sharing this assignment...
既然這是我們的共同任務
...take a look at this.
我給你看樣東西
Behold the 12 apostles.
看看這十二個人名
The chosen few are authorized to see the magic intercepts.
他們是有權閱讀電報的人選
Hap Arnold, Chief of the Air Corps, isn't on the list.
但是空軍總司令哈普亞諾 卻不在名單上
No,
沒有
and not one of our overseas commanders.
也沒有任何海外指揮官的名字
fire
發射
Excellent!
太出色了!
Who is in command of those torpedo planes?
誰是轟炸部隊的司令官?
Lt. Commander Fuchida, sir, from the carrier Akagi.
是赤城號♥艦的富田指揮官
Send him this message from me.
幫我發一封電報給他
"Congratulations on brilliant torpedo attack."
祝賀這次出色的攻擊
lf we are forced into a war with America...
如果我們被強迫迎戰美國
...Japan's only hope...
我們唯一的希望就是
...is to annihilate the American Pacific fleet at the outset.
將太平洋艦隊一舉殲滅
I wonder if we could use torpedo planes at Pearl Harbor?
也許我們可以用轟炸部隊攻擊珍珠港
Pearl Harbor
珍珠港
Stand by.
預備
Execute.
奏樂
Look at that entrance to the harbor.
看看珍珠港的進出口
Sink one good-sized ship in the channel and you've bottled up our whole fleet.
只要有一艘大一點的船在那裏沉沒 整個艦隊都進退不得
You know as well as l do,
你像我一樣清楚
this harbor is a mousetrap.
這個港口就像個捕鼠器
Fleet should have stayed in San Diego where it belongs.
我們根本不應該離開 我們所屬的聖迭戈
I made the mistake to point that out to Roosevelt.
我竟然錯把這一點告訴羅斯福
We're expected to obey orders.
美國太平洋艦隊總司令 哈斯本·金默爾海軍上將 吉姆, 我們必須遵從命令
We're also expected to exercise our own good judgment.
我們也必須有好的判斷力
I didn't ask for the job.
這不是我們自找的
Sorry, Kim, but this was my command, and it's become habit...
很抱歉, 金默爾 但這是我發出的命令
...to worry about the security of the fleet.
我仍然擔心艦隊的安危
The British, flying some old biplanes...
還記得英國用舊式轟炸機
...torpedoed and sank three ltalian battleships at Taranto.
在意大利塔倫多港 將三艘戰艦炸沉
Harbor very much like this one.
那個港口就跟這裏一樣
yeah
是啊
I share your concern, but CNO doesn't think it can happen here.
但是上頭可不相信歷史會重演
Why not?
爲什麼不會?
A torpedo dropped from a plane plunges...to a depth of 75 feet or more before it levels off.
魚雷彈會在爆♥炸♥前 潛入75英尺深
I know, and Pearl is only 40 feet deep.
我知道 而珍珠港只有40英尺深
I'm still worried, Kim.
我還是很擔心
Frankly, sir, l was stunned when l heard of your proposal.
老實說, 長官 你的計劃真令我震驚
You think the plan is reckless?
你覺得太魯莽了嗎?
You suggest using torpedo planes against the American Fleet...
你想用魚雷轟炸機攻擊
...but Pearl Harbor is too shallow for that.
但是珍珠港太淺了
電影精選列表