和弗蘭克叔叔上路
貝蒂 讓開!
Betty, get out of the way.
“然後他把雙手放在她屁♥股♥下面 把她托起來”
and hung there as he opened her trousers.Then he placed both hands behind her buttocks and lifted her.
-“她輕輕地跳了起來” -像兔子那樣?
-"She gave a little hop..." -Like a bunny?
嘿 你們好
Hey, y'all.
《教父》 馬里奧普佐著
有什麼事嗎 貝蒂?
What do you want, Betty?
你們在看《露西和索尼在婚禮上》那章嗎?
Are y'all reading Lucy and Sonny at the wedding?
-好色情 -纔不
-It's so dirty. -No.
爸爸媽媽不會 想讓你看這種書的 你還小
Mama and Daddy wouldn't like you reading this.You're too young.
我最喜歡的章節是
My favorite part is,
“她的手緊緊抓住那塊巨大的充血肌肉”
"Her hand closed around an enormous blood-gorged pole of muscle."
那根本不是肌肉
It's not a muscle.
詹尼斯 你妹妹真是個怪胎
Janis, your little sister is such a weirdo. God, I know.
貝蒂 過來幫我剝豆子
Betty, come on over here and help me with these beans.
你聽聽這些蠢男人都在說些什麼
Would you listen to those fool men?
我去切點芹菜吧 你可以放進砂鍋菜裏
Why don't I chop some celery?You can probably use it in your casserole.
砂鍋菜已經做好了 布奇
Oh, casserole's done, Butch,
你可以把培根油脂倒進那些盧濟安罐頭裏
but here, you can pour that bacon grease out of the skillet into the Luzianne can right there.
你不知道那個鍋有多沉嗎?
Well, how heavy is that skillet?
我這隻好胳膊有滑囊炎
I have bursitis in my good arm, you know?
-真的嗎? -那讓我來吧 布奇阿姨
- Really? - Why don't you just let me handle it, Aunt Butch.
別把你那隻好胳膊也累出毛病來
We wouldn't want you messing up your good arm.
謝謝 內瓦 親愛的
Well, thank you, Neva, honey.
你那隻壞胳膊是怎麼壞的?
What was it that happened to your bad arm?
親愛的 你不記得了嗎? 聖誕節前我摔倒了
Honey, don't you remember?The Christmas before last, I slipped.
我右手的掌骨絲狀骨折了
I got a hairline fracture in the metacarpal bone in my right hand.
-我記得 -腫得像氣球一樣
-I didn't remember that. -It just swole up like a balloon.
把這些小兔崽子弄走
Get those young'uns out of here!
爐子很燙 我不想看到有人燙傷
It's a hot stove, and I don't want nobody to get burned!
佈雷特 梅瑞 聽奶奶的話 快點 出去
Bullet, Mae Ray, listen to Mammaw. Come on, go outside.
-貝蒂 把孩子們帶出去 -快走 我們到外面去
-Betty, take these kids outside. -Come on, y'all. Let's go outside.
這孩子到底是怎麼了?
What in the world is the matter with that child?
我是認真的 佈雷特 小心我把你衣服扇變形
I mean it, Bullet. I'll slap you so hard,your clothes will go out of style.
我錯過什麼了?
Ah, what'd I miss?
別說我沒提醒你們 廁所暫時是進不去人了
Hey, y'all know what's good for you,you won't go in there for a while. All right.
爸 你可真噁心
Gross, Daddy.
好了 該死的
All right. Oh, goddamn it.
讓開 你們擋着我 看獵鷹隊的比賽了 讓開
Move! Move. You're in front of my Falcons game. Move.
佈雷特 梅瑞 出去
Bullet, Mae Ray, get. Y'all, let's go outside.
我們去外面
Get! Bullet, Mae Ray,
出去!
get.
佈雷特 梅瑞 出去
Get the hell out of here!
趕緊滾!
該死的!
Goddamn it!
再不走我用手鋸修理你們
I'll whup you both with my handsaw!
我的天啊
Jesus Christ.
佈雷特!梅瑞!
Bullet! Mae Ray!
弗蘭克叔叔偶爾來訪的時候 我總是很開心
I was always happy when my Uncle Frank came for one of his rare visits.
坐吧
Sit down.
這家裏的其他人似乎都對我不感興趣
Nobody else in my family ever seemed interested in me.
你讀過《包法利夫人》嗎?
You ever read Madame Bovary?
沒有
No, I haven't.
但弗蘭克叔叔不一樣
But Uncle Frank was different.
他是個大學教授 他住在紐約市
He was a college professor, and he lived in New York City.
他用鬚後水
He used aftershave.
他的手指甲永遠修剪整齊
His fingernails were always clipped.
他在襯衫下面戴着一條金鍊子
And he wore a gold chain underneath his shirt.
我可以聽他說話聽一整天
I could listen to him talk all day.
好吧 假如...
Oof, well, um, supposedly...
他是我認識的 唯一會直視我眼睛的成年人
He was the only adult that I knew who looked me in the eye...
我喜歡...
I like... I don't like...
他對我要說的話很好奇
...who was curious about what I had to say...
我喜歡逗他笑
...and who liked to make me laugh.
1969年的夏天 我14歲的時候
And in the summer of 1969, when I was 14...
那段時光讓人興奮
that was exhilarating.
接下來我要打開右邊這個禮物 準備好 來了
I'll open this one right here. Get ready.Here we go. Oh!
謝謝 瑪西亞
Thank you, Marsha.
男人永遠都少一雙襪子
A man can always use an extra pair of socks.
是我和窮小子送你的
Oh, well, it's from me and Tee Dub.
生日快樂 麥克爸爸 我希望我可以這麼叫你
Happy birthday, Daddy Mac. I hope you don't mind me calling you that.
如果你要成爲這個家庭的一員 你最好這麼叫我
Hey, you gonna be a member of this family, you'd better call me Daddy Mac.
-再開一個! -佈雷特!別嚷嚷 該死的
Open another one! Bullet! Enough, goddamn it!
看 對付不懂事的孩子就該這樣
Hey, now.That's how you handle a rambunctious child.
謝謝
Thanks.
這個禮物包裝得這麼好 一定是弗蘭克送的
Well, that one's wrapped up so nice, it must be from Frank.
一定是
Oh. Must be.
是什麼?
What is it?
電動擦鞋器!
An electric shoe polisher.
你以爲我老到不能自己擦鞋嗎?
You think I'm too old to polish my own shoes,
還需要一個破機器代勞?
need a goddamn machine to do it?
當然不是
Of course not. No, I...
這是...我自己有一個
It's... I have one.
機器擦得更快、更好
It's just faster and easier.
下一個!
Next!
我要謝謝你的禮物 弗蘭克
Well, I sure do appreciate your gift, Frank,
因爲你♥爸♥爸的鞋最終都是我擦的
since I'm the one who always ends up polishing your daddy's shoes.
謝謝 親愛的
Hm. Thank you, darling.
給你 爸爸
Here you go, Daddy.
-這是我和凱蒂送的 -看看啊
-That's from me and Kitty. -Ooh, look at that.
看呀 是一個迷你螺絲刀
Aw, look.It's a little, itty-bitty screwdriver.
這是眼鏡修理套件
It's a glasses repair kit for
萬一你弄丟了鏡架上的 螺絲之類的就能用上
when you lose a screw from your frames and whatnot.
這個很實用 我經常要修理老花鏡
Yeah, well, I could use these a lot.
I'm always fixing my reading glasses.
謝謝你們 麥克和凱蒂
Thank you, Mike, Kitty.
還有詹尼斯
And Janis.
-還有貝蒂和佈雷特 -是啊
- And Betty and Bullet. - Yep.
生日快樂 麥克爸爸!
Happy birthday, Daddy Mac!
我從來不知道爲什麼麥克爸爸 對弗蘭克叔叔這麼刻薄
I never knew why Daddy Mac was so mean to Uncle Frank
也不知道爲何其他人都默認了
or why nobody else ever said anything about it.
-好吧 -我可以去衛生間嗎?
-Well, okay. -Can I go to the bathroom?
去吧 但你要保證會洗手
Yeah, if you promise to wash your hands.
如果弗蘭克叔叔自私 或是粗魯或是勢利 我或許能理解 但他並不是
I might understand if Uncle Frank was selfish or rude or snobby, but he wasn't.
他很聰明 很幽默 而且很善解人意
He was smart and funny and considerate.
我想成爲他那樣的人
He was the kind of person I wanted to be.
但麥克爸爸卻在所有人面前 找他的茬 輕視他
But he was the one Daddy Mac picked on and belittled in front of everybody.
弗蘭克叔叔很擅長掩飾受傷的情緒
Uncle Frank was good at hiding how much it hurt him,
但我看得出來
but I could see it.
弗蘭克叔叔 住在紐約是什麼感覺?
Uncle Frank, what is it like living in New York City?
我喜歡那裏
Oh, I love it.
一旦你離開溪水鎮這樣的小鎮
See, once you get out of a town like Creekville,
你不僅會意識到你曾經的世界有多小
not only do you see how small your world was,
你還會看到你的世界會變得多大
you also see how much bigger it could become.
那是你此前不敢想的
In ways you never even thought possible.
我可以找個時間去看看你嗎?
Can I come visit you sometime?
當然可以
Yeah. Sure.
只要你父母同意
If your parents agree to it.
他們當然不會同意了
Of course they won't.
他們甚至都不讓我去鼓樂隊營地
They wouldn't even let me go to majorette camp.
爸爸 他說他的女兒不能半裸着
Well, Daddy, he said, no daughter of his was gonna prance around half naked
當着全鎮人的面蹦蹦跳跳的
in front of the whole town.
我要是被強♥奸♥了也是我活該
I'd probably end up getting raped,and you know what, I would deserve it.
他這麼說的?
He said that?
媽媽說他只是喝醉了說胡話
Mama says it's just the beer talking.
你的成績怎麼樣 貝蒂?
How are your grades, Betty?
全科A
All A's.
-全科A?沒有B嗎? -沒有
-All A's, huh? No B's? -Mm, no.
很好 繼續保持
Good. Keep that up.
在SAT考試中也表現優異
Ace your SAT.
那你就能拿到獎學金 想上哪個學校都行了
You could get a scholarship to just about anywhere you want to go.
可能就是跟大部分同班同學一樣 去南卡羅萊納州立大學
Probably just go to SC State like most of my class.
電影精選列表