Good afternoon, sir.
下午好 先生
Good afternoon. Could I have a room for the night, please?
下午好 請問我能有個房♥間住一晚嗎?
Single? Yes, please, with bath, if possible.
單人間? 最好有浴室
Okay, that'll be fine. lfyou'd just like to fill in this form- name and address.
行 沒問題 您只要填這張表...姓名地址
Thankyou.
謝謝
Gentleman's an old client.
先生是位老顧客
We haven't seen you down here foryears. Years have gone by since then.
我們好多年沒見到您下鄉了 悠悠歲月
Do you remember me? l'm sorry, no.
您記得我嗎? 我很抱歉不記得
l'm positive I have seen you here before.
我肯定我之前在此見過您
l'm afraid you're mistaken.
我恐怕你搞錯了
l'm sorry. I must have confused you with someone else.
很抱歉 我一定把您和其他人弄混了
l'll show you to your room. Thankyou.
我領您去您房♥間 謝謝
Do you have some luggage? No, none.
您有行李嗎? 沒有
lt's getting dark already.
天漸漸黑了
Take a look at the map, will you, see where we are.
看看地圖好嗎 看我們在哪兒
Did you see that woman?
你看見那個女人了?
There were two.
有兩個
l only saw one.
我只看見一個
Yeah, there was another one.
還有另一個
She was hiding behind the trees.
她躲在樹後面
Really?
真的?
Sure, she was hiding.
真的 她躲起來了
Perhaps you're seeing things.
也許你是眼花了
No. I'm sure.
不 我肯定
Well, ifthey are hitchhikers someone's bound to give them a lift.
如果她們是搭便車的 有人應該送她們一程
Could you give me a lift? lt's not very far.
您可以讓我搭車嗎?不是很遠
[ Man ] Sure. Hop in.
當然可以 上來
Thanks very much.
非常感謝
Well, we've certainly covered a good distance in the last few days.
我們在過去幾天真的走了好長路
Yes, we have.
對 我們是的
What's the matter?
怎麼了?
Me? Nothing.
我?沒什麼
You look worried.
你看起來憂心忡忡
Have you noticed that house over there?
你注意到那邊的房♥子嗎?
Yeah. Looks abandoned.
對 看起來被廢棄了
This place frightens me. It's not the first time we've camped in the woods.
這地方讓我害怕 我們林中野營又不是第一次了
[ Grunts ] And we're both tired.
而且我們都累了
Perhaps.
也許
You'll be more cheerful after a night's sleep.
晚上睡一覺你會更快活
l think I'll go down to the lake tomorrow, see ifthere's any fish.
我想明天我要去湖邊 看有沒有魚
Why should one ofthem be hiding behind a tree?
爲什麼她們之一要躲在樹後面?
What?
什麼?
Why should one ofthem be hiding behind a tree?
爲什麼她們之一要躲在樹後面?
l didn't see anyone hiding.
我沒看見誰在躲
Well, I did.
我看見了
One woman stood on the edge ofthe road.
一個女人站在路邊
The other one was hiding in the woods, watching for something. Perhapsjust waiting.
另一個躲在樹後面 觀察什麼 也許在等待
Perhaps she was waiting whilst her friend stopped the car.
也許她在等她朋友攔下車
There's somebody in that house.
房♥子裏有人
l just saw a light move in one ofthe windows.
我剛看見窗戶裏有光在動
John!John! What on earth's the matter?
約翰!約翰! 到底怎麼回事?
There's somebody outside! What? What do you mean?
外面有人! 什麼?你說什麼?
l saw a big hand right there on the window.
我看見窗戶上有隻大手
At this time of night and in this weather nobody's gonna be outside.
晚上這時候 這天氣 外面沒人
You must have been dreaming. No.
你一定是做夢 不是
First ofall, I heard a scream. lt woke me up.
首先我聽到尖叫 驚醒了我
Then when I was awake l suddenly saw this horrible hand outside.
然後我醒來猛地看見外面恐怖的手
[ Scoffs ] Oh, come on, darling. Let's go back to sleep.
得了 親愛的 我們繼續睡覺
Sleep?
睡覺?
You don't honestly think l can get any sleep now, do you?
你不會真的以爲我現在還睡得着吧?
There's no one out there, Harriet darling, so relax.
外面沒人 親愛的哈莉特 放鬆
You've got to convince yourself that you were dreaming.
你得明白你在做夢
You're late!
你們來晚了!
lt was the chiming ofthe church clock that woke me.
教堂鐘聲驚醒了我
Then I saw them pass by-
然後我看見她們經過
the same two women that were close to the road yesterday.
還是昨天在路邊那兩個女人
A coincidence. Yes, but it was them.
是巧合 是的 但就是她們
They were walking quickly, one behind the other.
她們走得很快 一前一後
Well, perhaps they live somewhere close by.
也許她們住在附近某處
Even so, what on earth were they doing at that hour ofthe morning?
即便這樣 她們在早上這時候在幹什麼?
They didn't look normal.
她們看起來不正常
No? Well, what did they look like then?
不正常?那她們看起來什麼樣子?
Can't explain exactly,
我說不清楚
but they gave me a very strange feeling.
但她們給我非常奇怪的感覺
Since we arrived at this spot everything's seemed strange to you.
自從我們來這 你看起來對一切疑神疑鬼
You see hands and ghosts just about everywhere.
你到處看見手和鬼魂
You're not the usual kind of hitchhiker.
你不是通常的搭車客
What's your name? Fran.
你叫什麼名字? 芙蘭
Fran? Like Frances?
芙蘭?芙蘭西絲嗎?
No,just Fran.
不 就是芙蘭
My name's Ted. What are you doing on the road at this time ofevening?
我叫泰德 你晚上這時候在路上幹什麼?
l decided to take a stroll and then realized it was getting late.
我決定漫步 然後意識到天色已晚
l don't live far from here.
我住處離這不遠
You remind me very much ofsomeone l knew a long time ago.
你讓我想起我很久之前認識的人
Yes, very much indeed.
是的 真的非常像
Slow down. We're almost there.
慢下來 我們幾乎到了
It's the next on the left.
接下來左拐
Are you sure that this track is meant for cars?
你確定這是車道?
It's a short cut. It's not often used.
這是捷徑 不經常使用
Are you English? What makes you ask?
你是英國人嗎? 爲什麼你這麼問?
You don't look English. Hmm.
你看起來不像英國人 嗯
Well, what are you then?
那麼你是什麼人?
If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. Try me.
我跟你說了你不會信的 說來聽聽
Hey,John, look.
嗨 約翰 看
Hmm?
嗯?
lt's one ofthose women with a man. Oh, again?
那兩個女人之一帶着一個男人 又來了?
That's his car, ifyou need convincing.
看那是他的車 如果你要信服的話
l don't need convincing. l just don't see anything peculiar about it, that's all.
我不需要信服 我就是看不出有什麼蹊蹺的 就這樣
Ah.
唉
Does this kind ofthing excite you?
這種事讓你興奮嗎?
Sometimes.
有時
Why?
爲什麼問?
Now, don't be too impatient.
聽着 不要太不耐煩
Come.
來
l get the impression that you're not too keen on this kind ofexpedition.
我有印象你對這旅行不是太熱心
Don't worry.
別擔心
Now listen here.
現在聽我說
l find you very attractive, but this stroll is becoming rather boring.
我發現你非常有魅力 但這漫步變得很無聊了
What the hell is this all about?
這一切到底怎麼回事?
You can't tell me that you use this place foryour dates.
你不能告訴我你用這地方約會
Certainly not.
當然不用
But where we're going is quite different from all this,
但我們要去的地方與這非常不同
and it's too late to go back now.
而且現在回去太遲了
Well, I mean it would be a shame to retrace our steps after having arrived so far.
我是說我們已經走了這麼遠 現在返回太遺憾了
And we are nearly there.
而且我們就要到了
This is my place. Do you like it?
這是我的地方 你喜歡嗎?
Well, it's better than the rest ofthe house.
它比房♥子其餘部分要好
Can't believe it.
不敢相信
Does it all belong to you? l'm only a guest.
它全屬於你? 我只是個客人
What other surprises have you got for me?
你還有其它驚喜給我嗎?
We'll see.
等着瞧
Now, be a darling and light the fire while I get us something to drink.
現在乖乖待着 生起火 我去弄點喝的
Make yourselfcomfortable. Relax. The worst's over.
讓自己舒適 放鬆 最糟糕的結束了
I was asking myself- Asking?
我在問我自己... 問?
Well, I don't pretend that you should divulge all your secrets, but-
我不是說你應該泄露你的所有祕密 但是...
Go on. Ask.
問吧
ls there a limit to the questions?
提問有限制嗎?
There's a limit to the answers.
回答有限制
Do you, uh, live here alone?
你一個人住在這?
l often receive guests.
我經常接待客人