跟我來,貝西 查克
- Come on, Bessie. - Chuck!
跟我來 準備好沒有?
Come on. You ready?
1960年,康州,米斯特 可以起程了? 大概可以
- You all set? - Yeah, I think so.
真人真事 你回來時,一切都會保持全狀 - 我知道了
- It'll all be here when you get back. - I know.
想打消這個想法嗎?
You're not having second thoughts?
不,爲什麼這麼問?
No. Why?
出海要一年時間
It's a year of your life.
而且這個海洋學院不會獲得
And this Ocean Academy isn't recognized as accredited.
像耶魯大學和所有長春藤大學的承認
- By Yale. - By any lvy League school.
反正你也沒有能力送我進那些大學,爸
You can't afford two of us at Yale or Brown or any lvy League school, anyway, Dad.
你哥哥獲獎學金,你也可以 我不是他
- Your brother got a scholarship, and you know you'd get one too. - I'm not him!
目前我對獎學金沒有興趣,
I just don't care about that stuff right now.
爸,出海是件好事
It'll be a good thing, Dad.
到了 謝謝,媽
- Here. - Thanks, Mom.
帶齊一切了沒有? 帶齊了
- You have everything? - Yes.
護照呢? 媽,放心吧
- Passport? - I'll be fine, Mom.
爲什麼垂頭喪氣?你如願以償了
Why do you look so down? This is your dream come true.
這卻不是爸的願望 當然也是呀
- That's not why he's letting me go. - Of course it is.
不,他希望我多爭取學分
No. It's because he hopes it'll look good on my record.
哦
Well.
反正你能出海了
Either way, you're going.
而且,你♥爸♥本來也想出海
Besides, he would've loved to have been able to do this.
爲什麼沒去呢? 他根本沒有機會
- Then why didn't he? - He never had the opportunity.
兩上兒子同時出門,他心裏肯定不好受
It hasn't been easy for him, both his boys going off at the same time.
是啊
All right.
這張是到紐約機場的車票 先生 只有這一件?
- This is your bus ticket to Idlewild. - Sir. Just this one?
這張是從紐約到邁阿密的機票
And, uh, this will get you from Idlewild to Miami. This is your plane ticket...
爸,別擔心我 真的
Dad? I'll be okay. Really.
兒子,我以你爲豪
Make us proud, son.
好
Okay.
今天我要開始探索新天地
Today the adventure begins.
在我上中學的最後一年,
I've given up my last year of high school to join the crew...
登上校船信天翁號♥
of the Brigantine school ship Albatross...
準備航行地球半周
to sail halfway around the world and back.
因爲我答應了爸爸
Dad's made me promise to keep a journal.
寫日誌是件煩事,但我有責任寫
It's like a chore, but it's part of the deal I had to make.
今天,我違背了父親的意願
Because today, I leave the path that he had chosen for me...
踏上了自己選擇的征程
and instead, take my own.
信天翁?
Albatross?
耶
Yeah.
我叫羅伯特·馬丁,你呢?
Robert March. Who the hell are you?
啊,姬·查克
Ah, Gieg Chuck.
姬·查克?你是土著,外國人?
Gieg Chuck? What are you, a native or something?
不,叫我查克就行
No, it's just Chuck.
約翰斯頓,想不到你也會來
Hey, Johnstone, I'm surprised to see you here after the old bowsprit affair.
我想再度出海, 聽說,
- Yeah, well I'm back for some more. - Listen to this, man.
大情人曾經跟妞兒 在三角帆上鬼混.是嗎?
Romeo here was going at it with some local girl in the jibsheet.
那是事後才做的,
After the deed was done.
看,他自己都說自己做過 的確做過.
- Whoa, hey, he says they did the deed. - Trust me. We did the deed.
在自稱的做過後,兩個人就去睡了
All right, man. After the alleged deed was done, they fell asleep.
麥克雷老師經過時,聽到大情人的鼻鼾聲
Mr. McCrea walks on deck and hears Casanova sawing logs.
召集全體船員,把託德和妞兒,
He calls the whole crew on deck, up goes the jib and out roll Tod-o and the girl...
這兩條肉蟲當衆趕出來
naked as goddamn Adam and Eve, I swear.
來了.活受罪的水上之家
Whoa, here we are, guys. Home, sweet hell on water.
嗚-呼!
Whoo-hoo!
燻魚,燻魚
Smoked fish, smoked fish.
走吧
Let's go.
我可以給你一美元讓你做任何事, 不,不
- I give you one dollar for every fish. - No, no.
什麼事?
What happened to it?
出航前,我們要把船洗刷乾淨.
She cleans up. We'll have her shipshape before she shoves off.
上船吧,
Come on.
"我願意用千頃海水"
"Now would I give a thousand furlongs of sea...
"來換一畝荒地." 噢,靠
- for an acre of barren ground. - Oh, shit.
"草莽荊棘,什麼都好." "照天意行事吧."
Long heath, brown furze, anything. Will above be done.
"但是我到寧願死在陸地上."
But I would fain die a dry death."
記得嗎?你好,羅伯特.
Remember? Hello, Robert.
老師,你是什麼意思?
Excuse me, sir, but what's that supposed to mean?
這是出自莎士此亞"暴風雨" 中的第一幕,託德
It's Shakespeare, Tod. The Tempest, act one, scene one.
你最好讀一讀 爲什麼?
- I suggest you read it. - Yeah, and why is that?
因爲啓航時你們要一起 把這段文字唱出來
Because it's the song you'll all be singing when we put out to sea.
阿爾達!
Arbedar!
阿爾達!
Arbedar.
噢,我差點忘記他
Oh, geez, man. I forgot about him.
你是哪裏人? 加州,抽菸嗎?
- Where are you from, Robert? - California, man. Have a smoke.
你好,我叫羅伯特
- How you doin'? Robert March. - Dean Preston.
你好,我叫吉爾
Hi, my name is Gil Martin.
你好,羅伯特
Hi. Chuck Gieg.
那是我的弟弟,
That's my brother.
已經去世了
He's dead.
我要這張牀,
I'm going to take this one.
這張牀已經有人佔了
Well, in case you haven't noticed, it's already been taken.
那張不行嗎?
- What's wrong with that one? - What?
我有高山症,攀高會流鼻血
I'm sure it's just as comfortable as this one is, but I get nosebleeds, so...
有沒有反對? 你呢?
Does anyone have a problem with that? Do you?
絕不反對
Absolutely not!
我叫謝伊·詹寧斯,本船的大副 大家聽着,
Guys, listen up. Shay Jennings, first mate of the Albatross.
這位是愛麗絲·希爾頓醫生
This here is Dr. Alice Sheldon.
我是船上的醫生,專醫跌打傷痛
I'm ship's surgeon. I'm in charge of your aches and pains.
兼教生物,數學,理科.
And I teach biology, math and science.
吉拉德·帕斯卡是廚師,
Girard Pascal here is the ship's cook.
把手洗乾淨,呃?
You want to keep all your fingers, huh?
你們想進入廚房♥必須經批准 並且先洗淨雙手
Stay the hell out of my galley unless you're invited and you have clean hands.
你們也許見過 麥克雷老師,
Some of you already met Mr. McCrea.
如果你還沒有想出來, 教英文的
In case you haven't figured it out, he teaches English.
船長呢?幾時才露面?
So when the heck do we get to meet El Capitan, huh?
可能正在磨滑自己的木腿,
Maybe he's gettin' his wooden leg waxed.
船長到 你好
- Skipper on deck! - Hello.
起立,列隊站穩點!
On your feet, gentlemen. Come on, let's go!
馬丁
Martin.
普雷斯頓
Preston.
約翰斯頓
Johnstone.
拉普奇克
Lapchick.
除掉這個,馬丁
Get rid of it, March.
朵徳
Dowd.
弗蘭貝格
Flamberg.
伯羅斯
Burrows.
姬
Gieg.
把這個脫去,
You're gonna wanna lose that.
誰沒到? 法蘭克還沒到,船長
- Who'd I miss? - Beaumont, sir. He's not here yet.
本船不是玩具,
The ship beneath you is not a toy...
航海不是遊戲
and sailing's not a game.
信天翁要遠赴重洋了
The Albatross will take us far, gentlemen,
但需悉心照料
but she demands constant attention.
鄭重對待,航行應該會順利
Respect that, and we'll do fine.
另外
One more thing.
事無大小,你們都須向我報告
Nothing happens on this ship that I don't know about.
隱瞞的話,我早晚會發現
She speaks to me in the night, so... don't test me.
所以絕不可隱瞞
Not even a little.
"誰也不是自給自足的孤島"
"No man is an island, entire of itself.
"因此,不要問:鈴爲誰鳴?"
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls.
"鈴是爲你鳴的." 約翰鄧恩著
It tolls for thee." John Donne.
到甲板上集♥合♥,去吧
I'll see you on deck. Let's go!
好的!趕快 各船員,立即起牀
All right! Come on, roll out, sailors. All hands on deck.
六十秒 一分鐘內上到甲板上!約翰斯頓
Sixty seconds. That's one minute, Johnstone.
走,走,走 快點,跑,跑.
Go, go, go! Okay, let's run. Run! Come on, run, run, run.
大家列隊排好, 一列縱隊.大家下水游泳
Guys, line up single file, please. Single file. Okay, everybody, swim!
我不是在開玩笑 夥計,下水游泳去
- Whoo! - Guys, I'm not joking. Into the water.
我不是在開玩笑,小子 趕快跳大家都跳
I'm not joking, boys. Come on, into the water. Let's go!
大家都跳 趕快跳
Let's go! Everyone. Go, go, go!
迪安,什麼事? 大家都在游泳?
Hey, Preston, what's the matter now? Come on, everyone swims.